This topic is locked from further discussion.

ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts
Has anyone else got the 64bit version of winXP? I’ve had nothing but problems since I got it! So many programs don’t work anymore with a a "this program as not designed for this type of machine" error, shortcuts aren’t added, context menus aren’t added to, I cant use my webcam since it doesn’t have 64buit drivers its starting to drive me crazy! Is it worth staying with XP 64bit or do you think I should install my 32bit XP? it would really suck to do that since I’ve spent ages and ages tweaking it to work just the way I want and its completely stable and works great besides the aforementioned problems. Is there a way to get around all these with the platform ever mature enough to make it worth staying with? Have you had 64bit?
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts
looks like i was the only poor guy to try it.... Now im trying to find a decent webcam wiht 64bit support...
ch5richards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ch5richards
Member since 2005 • 2912 Posts
I had it for a week before I gave it to a friend that needed an operating system. It work, but nothing works with it. I did read that there is ONE webcam that works with it. Creative something, I cant think if the specific name. Did a little looking I think it is "Creative Instant" there are 64 bit drivers for it at creative website.
Lukozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Lukozer
Member since 2002 • 6286 Posts

I used it for about 18 months and had maybe 5 programs that wouldn't work on it. I had no problems finding drivers but i don't use things like webcams on this PC. I thought it was fine...

damzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 damzor
Member since 2005 • 2176 Posts
i used x64 for 12 months, and had a few minor problems with it. it was pretty stable, especially with networking, it was fantastic. but i had the biggest issues with drivers for my Audigy 2, every driver release from Creative never fixed the problem in that i couldn't use 5.1 surround sound on my speakers, only stereo. luckily i could run my speakers in dual stereo, so it wasn't as bad. there were a few problems with applications like nero and daemon tools, but later versions of those programs solved those problems. overall, it wasn't a hellish 12 months for me, but i did miss my 5.1 surround sound so i went back to 32-bit.