ThoBrooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ThoBrooks
Member since 2021 • 54 Posts

Are there any new suggestions for good SSD drives for the PS5? Is a 2 TB drive adequate for most users?

ThoBrooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ThoBrooks
Member since 2021 • 54 Posts

@thobrooks: There seem to be quite a few readers of this question about SSD's but no suggestions. Aren't there any experts out there that can help us out?

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

PS5 currently doesn't support expanding the SSD. That will come in a later update. But when it does happen, you can only use a PCIE-4.0 compatible M.2 NVME SSD with a read speed of at least 5500 mb/s. There are a couple out right now, but they are expensive as hell. In the meantime, if you want to install PS4 games on your PS5, you can attach an external HDD or SSD via one of the USB ports. Just know that you cannot install any PS5 games on an external drive. That is only so you can install PS4 games without taking up any of the valued SSD space in the console.

Hope this helps.

weqinoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weqinoran
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I know quite a few folks have asked this before, but I'm looking around for the legit best options for ps5. I know next to nothing about the different specs of each one and the only thing I know I need for sure is I should have a heatsink on it if possible https://speedtest.vet/ . At this point I don't trust any major media site which all seem to list a different brand as the top pick. (likely paid off by said company imo) So yea, I'll ask you guys. Which is legit the best to go with?