Citizens pay healthcare for illegals? typical lib

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48585037

Spin your way out of this one.

State Democrats agreed on Sunday that adults between the ages of 19 to 25 should have access to Medi-Cal, the state's low-income insurance programme.

The measure must still be approved by the full legislature and be signed by the state's Democratic governor.

The $98m (£77m) plan aims to provide coverage to 100,000 people.

To help pay for the plan, which is part of the latest state budget, lawmakers have proposed taxing people who do not have health insurance.

The penalty is similar to the so-called "individual mandate" which had been federal law after the passage of the Affordable Healthcare Act, also known as Obamacare, until Republicans in Congress eliminated it in 2017.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Wrong place dude

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

moving this fascinating window into PG to PG where it belongs

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 N64DD

@xantufrog: Thanks, thought I was in PG.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@n64dd: So the bill hasn't passed the state legislature or the governor's desk? Okay, kinda boring then.

That said, if this is set up like an insurance pool, which I assume it is, then people putting in a bit and getting a lot back is sorta the name of the game and it's in line with a federal program already in place so it's constitutional to do so.

Now if your big problem is taxing people who can't afford it I actually agree with you, we should really be taxing the rich to pay for this plan.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N64DD
@Serraph105 said:

@n64dd: So the bill hasn't passed the state legislature or the governor's desk? Okay, kinda boring then.

That said, if this is set up like an insurance pool, which I assume it is, then people putting in a bit and getting a lot back is sorta the name of the game and it's in line with a federal program already in place so it's constitutional to do so.

Now if your big problem is taxing people who can't afford it I actually agree with you, we should really be taxing the rich to pay for this plan.

Garbage entitlement.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Garbage entitlement.

Garbage most Americans.

"Support for raising taxes is widespread, according to a new poll, which found that 76% of registered voters want the wealthiest Americans to pay more."

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N64DD
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Garbage entitlement.

Garbage most Americans.

"Support for raising taxes is widespread, according to a new poll, which found that 76% of registered voters want the wealthiest Americans to pay more."

Depends on where the poll was done, and polls aren't facts.

We shouldn't be paying for healthcare for people that shouldn't even be here.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Serraph105

@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Garbage entitlement.

Gotta tell ya, I don't give a shit that you think it's entitlement. People should be entitled to healthcare.

On a side note, Jeff Bezos literally has enough money to build every homeless person in America a $200,000 home and still be a rich person when it's all said and done. One guy, literally one guy has that much money. Tax the rich, all day, every day.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 N64DD
@Serraph105 said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Garbage entitlement.

Gotta tell ya, I don't give a shit that you think it's entitlement. People should be entitled to healthcare.

If they are US citizens, sure.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Garbage entitlement.

Only US Citizens should have access to healthcare in the US?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 N64DD
@Treflis said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Garbage entitlement.

Correct. People that are here legally.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Serraph105

@n64dd: edited my above post. Feel free to respond.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 N64DD
@Serraph105 said:

It isn't your money to take.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105

@n64dd: Also, we have entire generations who created the middle class because they thought they were entitled to a decent way of life. Don't act like an entitled mindset hasn't done a world of good for our country, and don't act like you haven't personally benefited from that mindset of the people who came before us.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serraph105

@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Sure it is. Taxes are a legal means of taking money and redistributing it and we've been doing it since we started this country.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@n64dd said:
@Treflis said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:
@n64dd said:

Garbage entitlement.

Those two are contradicting.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N64DD
@Serraph105 said:

@n64dd: Also, we have entire generations who created the middle class because they thought they were entitled to a decent way of life. Don't act like an entitled mindset hasn't done a world of good for our country, and don't act like you haven't personally benefited from that mindset of the people who came before us.

lol wut?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

Sure it is. Taxes are a legal means of taking money and redistributing it and we've been doing it since we started this country.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Serraph105

@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:

lol wut?

People felt entitled to better ways of life. That's why we have social programs, that's why we have better education, hell that's why the American Dream at all where people believe that their kids will have more than they themselves had. It's all due to a mindset of people in the US saying, "We want and deserve better and the nation's taxes will go towards creating that better future."

People (particularly the rich) bitch about taxes, but that's what the people have historically supported, taxing and using money for things that they think it should go towards.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15579 Posts

How dare they! If some rich asshole has to give a tiny fraction of his fortune that's so large he doesn't even know how to spend it all otherwise, so that poor or disenfranchised people can have access to basic human needs like health and home, then it sure as shit isn't worth it!

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 N64DD
@Vaasman said:

How dare they! If some rich asshole has to give a tiny fraction of his fortune that's so large he doesn't even know how to spend it all otherwise, so that poor or disenfranchised people can have access to basic human needs like health and home, then it sure as shit isn't worth it!

They're here illegally. Why are we paying for this? Why not just tax people more and pay for Mexico's healthcare at this point? Are you for that?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serraph105

@Vaasman said:

^ Sums this thread up pretty damn well.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vaasman

@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:

They're here illegally. Why are we paying for this? Why not just tax people more and pay for Mexico's healthcare at this point? Are you for that?

I mean yea that sounds great. Eat the rich and take their money, give it to struggling Central American nations. Remember, it was your idea.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD
@Vaasman said:
@n64dd said:
@Vaasman said:

I mean yea that sounds great. Eat the rich and take their money, give it to struggling Central American nations. Remember, it was your idea.

This guy! lets do it! HACK THE PLANET!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Treflis

@n64dd said:
@Treflis said:
@n64dd said:
@Serraph105 said:
@n64dd said:

Garbage entitlement.

Which is it?
Only US citizens?
People who are here legally?
Or both?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jeezers

@Treflis: people here legally, if you got papers whether a greencard or a social you should get healthcare. If your a border jumper you should get nothing imo.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Treflis

@jeezers said:

@Treflis: people here legally, if you got papers whether a greencard or a social you should get healthcare. If your a border jumper you should get nothing imo.

Even in matters regarding life or death?

You also have groups of people who have neither a greencard or a US social security number yet who are in the US legally as a tourist, If they get injured while visiting then shouldn't they receive medical aid?

Saying " Only US citizens ought to get medical aid" removes any exceptions. Which makes it even more ironic since there are plenty of US citizens who travel across the border to get medication cause it's cheaper in places like Cuba and Canada then the US and even get health check-ups because it's cheaper.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jeezers

@Treflis: being a tourist and visiting with a passport is fine. Thats entering the country legally.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23045 Posts

With so many blanket statements being thrown around I have to ask: Are people here in favor of repealing the EMTALA of 1986?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

@Treflis said:

Which is it?

Only US citizens?

People who are here legally?

Or both?

I don't think you will get an answer from him.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 N64DD
@jeezers said:

I agree with this.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23045 Posts

@Serraph105: That's the Crux, isn't it? No matter how many tax breaks they get, it's never enough. All these rhetorical questions about whether taxation is fair imply it - they won't be happy until they're not taxed at all.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 N64DD
@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: That's the Crux, isn't it? No matter how many tax breaks they get, it's never enough. All these rhetorical questions about whether taxation is fair imply it - they won't be happy until they're not taxed at all.

I have a problem paying for shit for people that shouldn't even be here. You should too.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zaryia

@n64dd said:

I know I'm just saying 76% of Americans disagree with your opinion on taxing the rich.

Also you seem to hate handouts and stuff. So you hate the fact that red states are the moochers right?

AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states

https://www.apnews.com/2f83c72de1bd440d92cdbc0d3b6bc08c

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By N64DD
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

Depends on where the poll was done, and polls aren't facts.

We shouldn't be paying for healthcare for people that shouldn't even be here.

I know I'm just saying 76% of Americans disagree with you.

Also you seem to hate handouts and stuff. So you hate the fact that red states are the moochers right?

They polled a specific demographic to get the results they wanted.

Do a poll across the whole country where most of the population participates and you have a point.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Serraph105

@mattbbpl said:

That does seem to be what people are after, zero taxation. They don't seem to be after zero government funding of anything though.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zaryia
@n64dd said:

The polled a specific demographic to get the results they wanted.

Do a poll across the whole country where most of the population participates and you have a point.

Please do not lie. The methodology of the poll was fine, and they are a highly accurate pollster. You have no scientific basis to question their results.

https://morningconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/190202_crosstabs_POLITICO_RVs_v1_AP.pdf

Also please answer my other question,

Also you seem to hate handouts, freeloading, and entitlments . So you hate the fact that red states are the moochers right?

Republican tax reform is simply red states stealing from blue states

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/republican-tax-reform-is-simply-red-states-stealing-from-blue-states-2017-11-03

HANDOUT HYPOCRISY: Red State Rednecks Biggest Government Freeloaders, Says Report

https://reverbpress.com/news/handout-hypocrisy-red-states-govt-freeloaders/

You're lauding people here for wanting entitlements and stealing rich people money, but you appear to have no problem with mooching and freeloading when it comes to the low educated and obese Red States.

Please explain this hypocrisy.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N64DD
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

The polled a specific demographic to get the results they wanted.

Please do not lie. The methodology of the poll was fine, and they are a highly accurate pollster.

https://morningconsult.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/190202_crosstabs_POLITICO_RVs_v1_AP.pdf

Also please answer my other question,

Also you seem to hate handouts, freeloading, and entitlments . So you hate the fact that red states are the moochers right?

Republican tax reform is simply red states stealing from blue states

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/republican-tax-reform-is-simply-red-states-stealing-from-blue-states-2017-11-03

HANDOUT HYPOCRISY: Red State Rednecks Biggest Government Freeloaders, Says Report

https://reverbpress.com/news/handout-hypocrisy-red-states-govt-freeloaders/

You appear to have no problem with mooching and freeloading when it comes to the low educated and obese Red States.

Please explain this hypocrisy.

Cut off those red states.

Polls are still skewed as pretty much all statistics are.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zaryia
@n64dd said:

Yikes. The amount of devastation this would cause is unspeakable lmao. But one good thing would come out of it, the GOP would likely die.

@n64dd said:

Morning Consult is highly accurate. National polls are highly accurate. You're randomly throwing out words.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 N64DD
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

Yikes. The amount of devastation this would cause is unspeakable lmao. But one good thing would come out of it, the GOP would likely die.

@n64dd said:

Morning Consult is highly accurate. National polls are highly accurate. You're randomly throwing out words.

So be it.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4382 Posts

i look at it this way. a kid is sick. does not care if came in legal or not. came into this country. we treat the kid. if your against that. then your a monster plan and simple.

i dare you to reply back to this. seeing any way you say on this comment will make you look bad

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#44  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@n64dd said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48585037

Spin your way out of this one.

State Democrats agreed on Sunday that adults between the ages of 19 to 25 should have access to Medi-Cal, the state's low-income insurance programme.

The measure must still be approved by the full legislature and be signed by the state's Democratic governor.

The $98m (£77m) plan aims to provide coverage to 100,000 people.

To help pay for the plan, which is part of the latest state budget, lawmakers have proposed taxing people who do not have health insurance.

The penalty is similar to the so-called "individual mandate" which had been federal law after the passage of the Affordable Healthcare Act, also known as Obamacare, until Republicans in Congress eliminated it in 2017.

Always good to see California care about their own problems with poor actual legal Americans.....

California is a joke of a state and they should really think about becoming their own country so the rest of America can stop paying for their problems.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vaasman
@n64dd said:

I have a problem paying for shit for people that shouldn't even be here. You should too.

Nobody is asking that you buy them a Gameboy and a brand new car, we're talking about funding the basic medical necessities to not die, and maybe a soccer ball here or there. All with a tax you'd probably never notice, if it even applies to you at all.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 N64DD
@firedrakes said:

i look at it this way. a kid is sick. does not care if came in legal or not. came into this country. we treat the kid. if your against that. then your a monster plan and simple.

i dare you to reply back to this. seeing any way you say on this comment will make you look bad

For somebody that came here illegally, deny them all day

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9554 Posts

Not a liberal, but I'd rather have my money taken for me to pay for someone's healthcare than have it taken from me to pay for sending weapons to regimes that use them to bomb weddings and schools and shit.

"Spin your way out of this one."

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 firedrakes

@n64dd: ok. so you will let innocent kids die then. congrats everyone knows your rather let kids die any day now.... how does that feel letting innocent kids die.

your a (*&^% monster. i bet in real life if you said this to people they would kick your as

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jeezers

@firedrakes: if anyone is in a life death situation the doctors legally cant turn them away, like if your in a car accident, have a heart attack, they will get treatment, but your still stuck with the bill. Same thing happens to americans. They are not entitled to the american tax payers money. That is reserved for Americans. What kind of precident does that set, if I'm sick all i have to do is cross the border and they will pay for my medical bills. Screw that.

At that point america might as well be a refugge clinic for the entire world. Us peasents (the American worker) will work everyday, pay high taxes and give everyone else in the world free healthcare.

The argument is that americans shouldnt have to pay thier medical bills. What should happen is your treated, they save your life, and then your deported, sent back to your country, and because you skipped the line, you should go back to the end of the line where you should have been waiting in the first place. Give them a 10 year ban untill they can even apply. Its not fair to those immigrants doing it the right way.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 firedrakes

@jeezers: read current laws in the books. they can denier med attention at the border. i not dis agree to you at all. i was calling out the 1 person.

we the usa dont pay the worlds healthcare. not sure where you got that info.

but its ok to speend close to 700 billion(2018) for military budget. then helping are own people.

to try to even really talk about heath care,immigrants etc. they have to be separate topic. that overlap at some point. but still be civil talk about it.

check you ego,religion and political views at the do to talk about it.