Kenosha protests: 17 year old gunman arrested and charged for first degree homicide, defended by right-wing media

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

CNN (excerpt)

(CNN)A 17-year-old Illinois resident connected to an overnight shooting during a protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, was taken into custody Wednesday morning, according to police in Antioch, Illinois.

Wisconsin authorities issued an arrest warrant charging Kyle Rittenhouse with first-degree intentional homicide, Antioch Police said. He is in the custody of the Lake County Judicial System pending an extradition hearing to transfer him from Illinois to Wisconsin. Antioch is located about 15 to 20 miles from Kenosha, just across the state border.Kenosha Police Chief Daniel Miskinis confirmed that a 17-year-old Antioch resident has been charged in a shooting incident and said that the man "was involved in the use of firearms to resolve whatever conflict was in place.

"He called the killings "senseless violence" and said he couldn't say what led to the shooting.

The arrest comes less than a day after two people were killed and a third was seriously wounded in the shooting during a protest over the police shooting of Jacob Blake, police said. The victims were identified as a 26-year-old from Silver Lake, Wisconsin, and a 36-year-old from Kenosha.Several videos from witnesses at the scene showed a person with a long gun opening fire during the protest. Police have not confirmed if Rittenhouse is the person in these videos.

Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth told The New York Times his office is investigating whether the shooting resulted from a conflict between demonstrators and a group of men with weapons who were protecting businesses.Protesters have demonstrated in the streets after police shot Blake, a 29-year-old Black man, multiple times in the back as he tried to enter an SUV with his children in the vehicle.

Ben Crump, the civil rights attorney who represents the family, said police shot Blake after he had tried to break up an argument between two women. Police have not provided any information on what led up to the shooting.Two Kenosha officers have been placed on administrative leave. The shooting is being investigated by the Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley's office and the Wisconsin Justice Department's division of criminal investigation.

Blake remains in the hospital but his family says he is paralyzed from the waist down. A family attorney said it would take a "miracle" for Blake to ever walk again.

And right wing media defended the shooter: from Tucker Carlson...

...to Alex Jones (source: Media Matters, excerpt).

Infowars’ Alex Jones defended violence from armed citizens against protesters

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, host of Infowars, was one of the first to fervently defend the Kenosha shooter. Jones has a history of encouraging right-wing militias to take up arms against any perceived threat. To Jones, last night’s shooting was simply an act of self-preservation against what he described as a “communist overthrow of the country.” In an August 26 live-streamed video posted on the Banned.video platform, he spoke at length defending the alleged shooter, saying the shooting was purely done in self-defense against the “rioters” who were trying to “murder him.”

He also repeatedly cited an article from far-right publication the Nationalist Review, saying that it “did a good job breaking it down.” The article was explicitly written in an attempt to absolve the suspected shooter: “Please note, this article features a lot of videos worth watching that vindicate the actions of [the alleged shooter]. Share this article with anyone that thinks he was in the wrong for his actions.”

Jones encouraged business owners to arm themselves in anticipation of further violence, referencing a shop owner who was knocked unconscious during the protests: “Hey dude, you should have been there with a riot shotgun, OK? I mean, seriously, that’s how you defend your businesses, is with a shotgun.”

Prior to the shooting on Tuesday night, Infowars reportedly promoted a Facebook event seemingly organized in anticipation of the Kenosha protests. The event called for armed citizens to gather to “protect our lives and property,” writing: “Any patriots willing to take up arms and defend our city tonight from the evil thugs? No doubt they are currently planning on the next part of the city to burn tonight.”

In the August 26 Infowars live video, Jones admitted to anticipating the militia attacks: “When the police stand down and you’ve got thousands of people going through neighborhoods burning down houses and businesses, raping and robbing, you’re going to have the vaccum filled with citizens, and you’re going to have street battles.”

I'm not shocked, but still disgusted to see this. Besides the president, Tucker and Alex represent the worst of America.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rmpumper  Online
Member since 2016 • 2147 Posts

Were they "protecting" their own business or just random ones, using this as an excuse to shoot some people?

Watched ones of the videos with the beginning of the conflict and all 3 shootings and did not really see anyone destroying the gas station (or whatever the **** it was they were at), all I saw was a bunch of dumbass protesters (some with handguns of their own) jumping in the faces of these wannabe badasses who have been playing too much COD, when one guy, who was screaming "shoot me, nigga" started chasing this "hero" and got shot in the head, the shooter then tired to run from the scene and was chased by a bunch of people, when they caught him, the guy started shooting again - got one in the torso and the other in the arm (the arm was almost blown off at the elbow).

So much for "protecting" a business when you shoot people and get the **** out of there.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Looks like self defense from the videos of the incident

The 17 year old ended up shooting 3 people.

The first guy who got shot was chasing the kid through a parking lot, you can see him throw something at him as well, 17 year old ends up shooting him. Then pulls out his phone to dial 911 after shooting the guy.

The mob then threatens him and starts comming towards him so he runs.

Gets a ways untill he trips and falls, but a guy runs up to him while he was down and hits him in the head with a skateboard, kid shoots him.

Then another guy runs up to him with a pistol pointed at him, kid is aiming back as well (while still on the ground), but guy with the pistol then freezes, kid is showing restraint because he thinks the guy stopped, but guy with pistol then bolts towards him anyway and gets his bicep blown out like a flat tire by the 17 year old.

17 year old shouldn't have gotten involved in this mess and these rioters as well.

The media is already trying to make this kid out to be the villain. But he's seen running from the first guy, I'm sorry but the guy trying to get out of the area that's running away isn't the aggressor imo.

You gotta be a special kind of stupid to try and chase down or attack someone who is is openly armed, I guess they didn't think he would actually use it for his defense?

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

‘ "He called the killings "senseless violence" and said he couldn't say what led to the shooting. ‘

So, we don’t know a motive yet other than a confrontation?

I know the left has just recently acknowledged these protests turn into riots (Don Lemon are had a lot of egg on his face), so it would be wise to let the facts come to light before jumping to conclusions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

I bet if the dude that did the shootings wasn't white but everything else stayed the same they'd be singing a different tune.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

I know the left has just recently acknowledged these protests turn into riots (Don Lemon are had a lot of egg on his face), so it would be wise to let the facts come to light before jumping to conclusions.

Isn't it just easier for them to bury their heads in the sand and blame everyone else during these "peaceful protests" rather than looking at it objectively?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

Oh nintendo...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

I find it telling conservatives cry liberals are attacking him without facts while they defend him while not knowing anymore than liberals do. Comedy.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeezers

Its come out now that the 1st guy who got shot and killed was also a pedo. https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1298833015548739587?s=09

All 3 of the people who came after this kid have records.

Not saying thats the reason here (the reason looks to be they were chasing him down, throwing stuff, attacking him, and threatning him).

Just wanted to point out its not like these people were peacefull protestors.

They were violent, people who show up to burn and loot. Kid did not show up to kill random people. He was attacked and defended himself.

I dont think 1st degree is going to stick, they may have even over charged him on purpose. I believe it will be dropped, too much video evidence showing others being the aggressors.

He will probably still get the misdemeanor for having the rifle, he wasnt 18 yet.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeezers

@thegreatchomp: your right, we should all wait for more info to come out, but that being said there is alot of video footage already out there we can watch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: Because the kid knew that....... That is not relevant and just an excuse to defend the kid.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeezers

@thegreatchomp: because the kid knew what?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jeezers

If anyone is interested this guy goes through the footage thats out there so far.

https://youtu.be/rdMTghlrFiw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: Seriously?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rmpumper  Online
Member since 2016 • 2147 Posts

@jeezers said:

I dont think 1st degree is going to stick, they may have even over charged him on purpose. I believe it will be dropped, too much video evidence showing others being the aggressors.

That would be the case if he was attacked by the protesters when minding his own business, but as it stands, the guy traveled 30 miles to another city with a gun (illegally, as he's underage) with the purpose of using said gun, which makes the murders premeditated (at the very least the first one, as he would not have been attacked by the guy, who was literally asking to be shot). The 2nd and 3rd victims were pretty much trying to do a citizen's arrest (because the shooter was fleeing the murder scene) not just attacking him for no reason.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeezers

@rmpumper: he said in an interview beforehand he only had his rifle for his own safety, thats not premeditation for murder, unless you can show me where he said something about how hes going there to shoot people. People are allowed to open carry long guns, thats not premeditated.

Now because he is 17 i dont think hes allowed to open carry long guns unless on private property or for Rec shooting/hunting, thats a class A misdemeanor. If he had been 18, he can open carry the rifle legally i believe.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jeezers

@rmpumper: also what do you mean "with atleast the 1st guy" ?? He was running from the first guy and he was chasing him down, are you saying because he was carrying, the first guy has some kind of right to jump him?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@jeezers: Victim blaming. Awesome. I guess we should just throw out the court system and let 17 year old wanna be militia members kill arbitrarily. They will hit some bad people at times.

The conservative are getting worse every day. smh

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jeezers

@LJS9502_basic: lol victim blaming?? The 17 year old wasnt the agressor, he was trying to avoid it, they chased him down and tried to attack him, he was the victim, he defended himself.

If he had not shot and gotten beaten to death you would probably just pretend it never happened, I'm glad he defended himself, thats the point of having it, for your protection.

The idiot who ran up on him with the pistol and froze up I guess never learned that lesson, you dont aim guns at people if your not prepared to use it, thats why he got his bicep blown out like a Flat tire.

All 3 of them were idiots, thats why you dont run up on somebody open carrying and attack them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

@jeezers: I saw the video. Just stop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

I saw a video, can’t see the others armed and the kid looked to be shooting while walking away with nobody coming at him.

Why did those cops ignore him? If that was a black guy he be dead.

Not shocking he is a Trump supporter. Mind your own business kid, stay home!

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

The right is desperate to encourage violence with this current social climate. They want this to be a breaking point to allow the police state to remove the shackles of feigned decency and instead tear apart everything they fear, which is everyone who isn't like them. The media is doubly guilty of this because their industry fosters the sociopathic tendencies of profiting from the pain of others. Every act of cruelty is another ratings boost, and every avenue to stoke the flames of paranoia keeps your indoctrinated viewers on the edge of their tottering seats.

Frankly, it's no wonder Fucker Carlson loves it and the trolls are all chomping at the bit to defend the indefensible. They are always oh so eager to eat shit and tell us it doesn't stink.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

it's a question for our legal system. if you, through your own fucking stupidity, put yourself in a situation where you now have to use deadly force to defend your life, how responsible are you for that deadly force?

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeezers

@LJS9502_basic said:@jeezers: I saw the video. Just stop.

Obviously you havent, you can see him running AWAY from the first guy, dude is chasing him. (on video)

2nd guy runs up to the kid while hes on the ground and hits him in the head with his skateboard (on video)

3rd guy is there next to skateboard guy with a pistol durring this. (also on video)

Side note: you can hear gunshots comming from somewhere else at one point not from the 17 year old, not sure what that's about.

Here's a video of several angles of what we have seen so far in case you missed it. you can ignore whoever the dude is in the corner, but at least watch it for the footage.

Loading Video...

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solaryellow

@rmpumper said:
@jeezers said:

That would be the case if he was attacked by the protesters when minding his own business, but as it stands, the guy traveled 30 miles to another city with a gun (illegally, as he's underage) with the purpose of using said gun, which makes the murders premeditated (at the very least the first one, as he would not have been attacked by the guy, who was literally asking to be shot). The 2nd and 3rd victims were pretty much trying to do a citizen's arrest (because the shooter was fleeing the murder scene) not just attacking him for no reason.

Is it illegal for a 17 year old kid to travel?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#26 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Fleeing the state shows consciousness of guilt, regardless of his juvenile status. Based on the Twitter videos that are running the rounds, I would say it's a very tough sale for a murder charge.

@comp_atkins said:

it's a question for our legal system. if you, through your own fucking stupidity, put yourself in a situation where you now have to use deadly force to defend your life, how responsible are you for that deadly force?

It's a difference between civil and criminal liability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: Most of that is not easily seen, the dude with the skateboard looked like he dropped it not hit him with it. Unnecessary use of force, manslaughter and he shot someone moving away, murder.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jeezers

@thegreatchomp said:

@jeezers: Most of that is not easily seen, the dude with the skateboard looked like he dropped it not hit him with it. Unnecessary use of force, manslaughter and he shot someone moving away, murder.

What are you talking about!?!?! looked like he dropped it on him???? lol yeah right, yeah he ran up to him while he was on the ground and "dropped a skateboard on him" you gotta be kidding me...

the guy with the pistol came towards him, you see he stopped and then went forward while holding a pistol at him, its in the video, guy with the pistol does not move away... the only guy we see running away is the 17 year old

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: The guy with the skateboard looked like he jumped over the kid and dropped the skateboard not beat him senseless with it. And yes, the guy with the pistol stops and moves back.

You are just trying to twist this to fit your narrative. Knock it off and wait until more facts come out.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jeezers

@thegreatchomp said:

@jeezers: Stop, just stop. The guy with the skateboard looked like he jumped over the kid and dropped the skateboard not beat him senseless with it. And yes, the guy with the pistol stops and moves back.

You are just trying to twist this to fit your narrative. Knock it off and wait until more facts come out.

look im cool with waiting for the legal system to do its thing but your not convincing anyone tony hawk dropped his board on the guys head on accident.

Also rewatch the video, guy with the pistol jolts towards kid while hes on ground, this is seconds after tony hawk "dropped his board" on the kids head as you call it smh....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: You aren’t changing any bodies mind. Just stop and wait.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Solaryellow
@thegreatchomp said:

@jeezers: Stop, just stop. The guy with the skateboard looked like he jumped over the kid and dropped the skateboard not beat him senseless with it. And yes, the guy with the pistol stops and moves back.

Maybe you need to take some of your own advice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Solaryellow: That comment wasn’t directed to you. And I will continue to say what I please.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Fleeing the state shows consciousness of guilt, regardless of his juvenile status. Based on the Twitter videos that are running the rounds, I would say it's a very tough sale for a murder charge.

@comp_atkins said:

if you committed crimes in putting yourself in that situation, would the criminal liability be increased?

for example, you break into someones house, they attack you to defend their home, you kill them to defend your life.

genuinely don't know how the killer would be charged in that type of situation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@comp_atkins: It was for a single shooting I think. Not sure if he is being charged for all. But the guy he shot in the lung didn’t deserve that, no right to commit murder there.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Solaryellow

@thegreatchomp said:

@Solaryellow: That comment wasn’t directed to you. And I will continue to say what I please.

Of course you will. Bark directives to others when you can't and won't follow them yourself. Why is it perfectly fine for YOU to push a narrative?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@comp_atkins said:

if you committed crimes in putting yourself in that situation, would the criminal liability be increased?

for example, you break into someones house, they attack you to defend their home, you kill them to defend your life.

genuinely don't know how the killer would be charged in that type of situation.

In that scenario, I think there is a very small limited window of an expectation of defense for the intruder. For example, one has the authority to use deadly force (castle doctrine) within their house, but that doesn't give one complete autonomy to inflict suffering/mayhem/torture on the perpetrator. It's an obvious careful "balance" based on the totality of the circumstances. These things do not exist within a vacuum of space so it's difficult to give general answers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Solaryellow: Why are you trying to hijack this thread? You got any views on this? How was I wrong in my take on the video?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Are 17 year old children able to own these rifles, carry them openly, or transport them across state lines? If not he's a criminal on three counts. He showed up with the intention of stirring up trouble in a neighborhood he isn't a part of. Best part of it all? He was able to go home (across state lines again) with police ignoring that he just shot and killed 2 people while others were shouting for him to be taken into custody. If this isn't some grade A privilege I don't know what is.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HoolaHoopMan
@comp_atkins said:

That depends, what's your ethnicity? This helps enforce the 'they're coming right for me!' argument of self defense.

Kill the first person in 'defense', then you're given free reign to gun down all others that approach you as a result.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@HoolaHoopMan: Well said. If he was black the cops would have killed him.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Solaryellow

@thegreatchomp said:

@Solaryellow: Why are you trying to hijack this thread? You got any views on this? How was I wrong in my take on the video?

He's somehow twisting what's in the video to form an agenda but you aren't? Explain how he needs more facts to come out but somehow you have the case solved already?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Stevo_the_gamer: A little different in California I think. Rules vary on state.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jeezers

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Are 17 year old children able to own these rifles, carry them openly, or transport them across state lines? If not he's a criminal on three counts. He showed up with the intention of stirring up trouble in a neighborhood he isn't a part of. Best part of it all? He was able to go home (across state lines again) with police ignoring that he just shot and killed 2 people while others were shouting for him to be taken into custody. If this isn't some grade A privilege I don't know what is.

bro police weren't arresting anyone, probably were told to stand down and stay away from the crowd, theirs videos of people bashing out windows and lighting shit on fire, nobody getting arrested... cops weren't engaging....

This isn't the first time cops have been told to disengage with the mob, been happening in alot of places last few months and in several cities. There's even videos of dudes parking Uhauls in front of stores and loading them up after ramsacking stores... no cops...that's what you get when the cops are told to "stand down", it turns into people vs people at that point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: Sounds like Disneyland for thieves.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jeezers

@Solaryellow: after that dude said, "he dropped the board" i gave up taking any response of his seriously. He wont accept hes being a hypocrite. w/e screw it

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127518 Posts

Why did a 17 year old come to the protest with a gun in the first place?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@jeezers: That’s funny depending on the source. I see this differently than you, I don’t care if you like it or not. Not everyone has to agree with you.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HoolaHoopMan

@jeezers said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

bro police weren't arresting anyone, probably were told to stand down and stay away from the crowd, theirs videos of people bashing out windows and lighting shit on fire, nobody getting arrested... cops weren't engaging....

This isn't the first time cops have been told to disengage with the mob, been happening in alot of places last few months and in several cities. There's even videos of dudes parking Uhauls in front of stores and loading them up after ramsacking stores... no cops...that's what you get when the cops are told to "stand down", it turns into people vs people at that point.

The cops didn't need to engage him for an arrest. The kid WENT TO THEM a mere minute after he killed two people a block away. You'd think that would warrant a stop given that gun shots were fired, he's carrying a gun, and people are IDing him as the shooter as he's approaching.

Normally if anyone of these things happened you could explain it away. But they all happened at the same time. One on top of another.