Trump 2024: Says he can easily end Ukraine-Russia war.

• 141 results
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11701779/Trump-claims-end-war-Ukraine-slams-Biden-risking-nuclear-war-sending-tanks.html

Trump claims he could negotiate an end to war in Ukraine within 24 hours in new policy video and slams Biden for risking nuclear war by sending tanks

• Donald Trump on Wednesday released two new video statements on Ukraine
  • He claimed he would be able to negotiate an end to the war 'within 24 hours'
  • And he slammed other leaders for failing to send clear message to Russia
  • Donald Trump appeared to criticize a decision by the US and Germany to provide tanks to Ukraine.
  • "FIRST COME THE TANKS, THEN COME THE NUKES," Trump said on his social media platform.
  • Trump also suggested ending the war in Ukraine would be "easy,"

Trump has repeatedly condemned Biden's handling of the conflict, claiming his successor in the White House has undermined the nation's standing.

His latest salvo is a reminder of how Russia seized the Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 triggering U.S. sanctions under President Barack Obama — measures criticized as too weak by hawkish Republicans.

And his words also echo criticism of Biden before the war, when Russian troops were massing on the Ukrainian border, and the president said NATO was divided on what to do if Russia launched a 'minor incursion.'

Furious Ukrainian officials said Biden had effectively given Putin a 'green light.'

Russian troops invaded Ukraine on February 24 last year, making rapid advances before being beaten back by spirited resistance and an influx of foreign weapons.

In the early days, the White House warned repeatedly of the risk of 'World War Three' if US tanks were sent or warplanes patrolled no-fly zones.

Trump accused Biden of hypocrisy after last week announcing he was sending a battalion of M1 Abrams tanks.

'The situation in Ukraine is very dangerous, explosive and escalating by the day,' he said in a second video.

'Joe Biden's weakness and incompetence has brought us to the brink of nuclear war.

'And now Biden is doing what he said 10 months ago would lead to World War Three.

'He is sending in American tanks. It's far past the time for all parties involved to pursue a peaceful end to the war in Ukraine before this already horrific catastrophe spirals out of control and ends up leading indeed to World War Three.

'And this would be a war like no other war because this would be a nuclear war.'

The videos are the latest in a string of policy declarations, as Trump looks to clear the field for the 2024 Republican nomination.

Bold words from Mr. Trump. I like where he's coming from. Lets put an end to it.

Many will criticize him for using words like "easy" to resolve the conflict. But if I'm being honest it doesn't look like any of the powerful countries in NATO are interested in any kind of negotiations or peace talks with Russia. Its pretty much a war funding spree that will ultimately not defeat Russia but drag out and extend the conflict as long as possible. If the US got directly involved in coming up with peace talks with Russia, I do believe something could be negotiated on with Russia before it spirals out of control.

Respect Trump for coming out and saying this. Obviously many in the Western media will harshly criticize anyone suggesting peace talks with Russia. Some might even call it "political suicide" in the media. But I don't think with your average American will be so harsh towards the idea of using Diplomacy to come to a deal with Russia to end this conflict. I do not believe the american people are all that excited about shipping billions in tax payer money to provide Military equipment and intel to a corrupt country like Ukraine, who is not even a US ally. Especially with that being the first option used before any real attempt at diplomacy... Trump probably could end the conflict. I don't believe anyone in this current administration wants to end this conflict. They want it to go as long as possible. I believe this is reckless and not the true position of what the American people want done. These are interests of elites and not Americans.

So good on Trump. Go off king.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Considering Trump was taken advantage of by EVERYONE. I doubt it.

Trump on the international scene was a laughing stock and a pushover.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@Maroxad said:

His cult doesn't realize that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

Trump would suck Putin's dick and give him everything he wanted, get nothing in return, and claim he made a deal. Just like he did with Kim Jong-un.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SargentD

@Maroxad said:

That must be why Putin waited for bumbling dementia potato brain Joe Biden to take office before invading.

The world definitely doesn't respect Joe Biden at the helm of the US.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

Yep because as we all know he sure did a great job stopping Turkey from stomping into Kurdish territory and murdering our allies we abandoned for no reason. And Erdogan definitely stopped killing our allies and all was right in the world, yep.

Truly a genius diplomat, he'd totally show these dictators what for!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SargentD

@lamprey263 said:

Trump would suck Putin's dick and give him everything he wanted, get nothing in return, and claim he made a deal. Just like he did with Kim Jong-un.

Are you suggesting peace deals are only for cock sucking homosexuals?

Maybe WW3 is our best option.

Loading Video...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

To be fair, Trump is right.

If Putin gets his whipping boy back into the Oval Office, hostilities in Ukraine would end *very* quickly.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SargentD

@Planeforger: if we really want to arm Ukraine. After those leopard tanks get blown up we should give Ukraine a couple nukes. That will scare off Russia. What could go wrong lol

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 513 Posts

Lol Trump wouldn't do anything against Putin. At the Helsinki summit he was behind closed doors, alone, with him for hours and then came out and blamed US departments while Putin smiled behind him. I have never seen anyone in my life spew more bullshit.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad

@sargentd said:

@Planeforger: if we really want to arm Ukraine. After those leopard tanks get blown up we should give Ukraine a couple nukes. That will scare off Russia. What could go wrong lol

Ukraine is doing really well in the war. Unless Russia has an ace up their sleeve, it is likely once winter is over, we will see Ukraine take back a LOT of stolen land, potentially even Crimea.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SargentD
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Ukraine is doing really well in the war. Unless Russia has an ace up their sleeve, it is likely once winter is over, we will see Ukraine take back a LOT of stolen land, potentially even Crimea.

Ah ok so Ukraine is winning. Going to push back the Russians and take back all that stolen land. Good to know.

Documenting this post and will evaluate if what you say comes to fruition in 3 months.

Not only is Ukraine going to take back all the ground they lost... They are going to take back Crimea too... A territory Russia has controlled since 2014.

Your making some really bold claims here Cotton.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

To this day, I still can't believe anyone was dumb enough to believe anything that came out of Trump's mouth.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD

@Maroxad: out of curiosity. If Ukraine was kicking this much ass. And doing a great job. Why haven't they taken back any of this land.. I dunno.. over the past year???

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@tjandmia said:

To this day, I still can't believe anyone was dumb enough to believe anything that came out of Trump's mouth.

I can. I mean.....have you seen SargentD's post history lol?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zaryia
@sargentd said:

Why lie?

America’s Image Abroad Rebounds With Transition From Trump to Biden | Pew Research Center

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zaryia

@sargentd said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11701779/Trump-claims-end-war-Ukraine-slams-Biden-risking-nuclear-war-sending-tanks.html

Trump claims he could negotiate an end to war in Ukraine within 24 hours in new policy video and slams Biden for risking nuclear war by sending tanks

• Donald Trump on Wednesday released two new video statements on Ukraine
  • He claimed he would be able to negotiate an end to the war 'within 24 hours'
  • And he slammed other leaders for failing to send clear message to Russia
  • Donald Trump appeared to criticize a decision by the US and Germany to provide tanks to Ukraine.
  • "FIRST COME THE TANKS, THEN COME THE NUKES," Trump said on his social media platform.
  • Trump also suggested ending the war in Ukraine would be "easy,"
Loading Video...

Fictional nonsense.

Trump duped you the first time how in the world are you falling for it again?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7323 Posts

@Vaasman: Turkey and the Kurds was the first thing that poped in my head too.

Sure Trump. The negotiation would be easy if we just let Russia have everything. When I first saw this thread, I figured someone posted it to mock him. Was not expecting it to be made by a pro-Trump user.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14813 Posts

He would nuke Ukraine. Quick end.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Maroxad

@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Ah ok so Ukraine is winning. Going to push back the Russians and take back all that stolen land. Good to know.

Documenting this post and will evaluate if what you say comes to fruition in 3 months.

Not only is Ukraine going to take back all the ground they lost... They are going to take back Crimea too... A territory Russia has controlled since 2014.

You realize Ukraine were pushing back Russia hard up until winter?

And I said a LOT, not all, and that timespan will be over the course of the year.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58410 Posts

God, what a terrible and uninspiring video. Also, if he has a solution, maybe tell us? You know, if this loss of life is so tragic to him, there's nothing stopping him (AFAIK) as a free citizen of the US from reaching out and saying "Hey, let's try this".

$100 internet bucks says Trump's solution is to just give Russia the part of Ukraine they said they wanted, which as many will know is appeasement (remember Hitler's Germany?), and the cause of the war to begin with.

Also, gotta love the fear-mongering. Because there's not enough of that going around. I look forward to election season; gonna be "inflation inflation nuclear war inflation immigrants immigrants inflation nuclear war" on repeat.

**** these people. Limit election cycles to one month of campaigning. We all know who we are voting for anyway.

@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:

That must be why Putin waited for bumbling dementia potato brain Joe Biden to take office before invading.

Russia has been meddling with Ukraine, both politically and violently, for decades. This has nothing to do with the US, Biden, or Trump.

World doesn't respect Trump. Not even his like-minded dictator pals respect Trump. He is easy to manipulate.

I'm sorry you don't have any smart elders in your family, by the way; you do a great disservice to old people when you refer to them as "bumbling dementia potato brains" though. I am lucky enough to have and to have had more than a few smart and capable 80+ year olds in my life.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58410 Posts
@zaryia said:
@tjandmia said:

Yeah but that's because to him politics is about showmanship and not substance.

I mean you can call that stupid, but if you want to be very forgiving it's just a different frame of reference.

Wait, no...it's pretty silly. Nevermind.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts

@sargentd said:
@lamprey263 said:

Are you suggesting peace deals are only for cock sucking homosexuals?

Maybe WW3 is our best option.

Cowering and being subservient Putin and giving him what he wants isn't making peace. It's the sign of impotent leadership. Trump is an impotent leader. He's all talk no delivery. This guy who once said "nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated" thinks he has a magic trick that's going to fix this, he's kidding himself. And everybody who believes him are rubes.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

I'm sure Putin's puppet will have an easy solution for it.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

More bs from the orange psychopathic moron. He's capable of nothing beside the corruption of all that is good and decent.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@sargentd said:

People say Putin is crazy but he looks to be holding back in his war. If anything it looks like a war of attrition that Ukraine will surely lose and that's what he's counting on.

I don't know I'd say Ukraine is winning as much as I'd say the country is holding on.....barely.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SargentD

@Solaryellow said:
@sargentd said:

People say Putin is crazy but he looks to be holding back in his war. If anything it looks like a war of attrition that Ukraine will surely lose and that's what he's counting on.

I don't know I'd say Ukraine is winning as much as I'd say the country is holding on.....barely.

Bingo ^^ I agree.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts
@zaryia said:
@tjandmia said:

Lol. Not anymore. The stuff they wrote is so absurd, that I just blow right by anything from him, that one mod, and that jim guy.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 694 Posts

Of course he could end it in 24 hs.

He would simply surrender and accept all of Putin conditions.

Afterwards he would give Putin a blow job and offer Alaska back.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nirgal

@lamprey263: i see you have beaten me to punch of expressing my feelings.

Apparently many other people share my views that under all that bravado, the dude is just weak.

Talking the talk is easy, but when you actually have to stand your ground. It becomes a different deal.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59100 Posts

He'd throw Ukraine under the bus and cause mass genocide. Rape. etc.. etc.. etc.. A nighmare shoved under the rug.

Then talk like a cheap carsaleman to trick the intellectually challenged people wearing red hats (who are racist) that they deserved it. Or it couldn't be avoided. Or something something.

He's trash. Very orange.

Gawd ba-less Merica'

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

You will believe anything, ffs. He will waive a magic wand.

When will you realize he simply says whatever he wants on any topic to claim he is the messiah and people like you lap it up.

He is a pathological liar with a desperate need to be seen as important. That's his whole life. That's it, that's all.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

@uninspiredcup: LOL

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SargentD

Good listen.

Loading Video...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:

Good listen.

Anyway, Trump is wrong and you lied earlier.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nirgal

https://youtu.be/vr_cAWGFW1U

Russian media laughing about the comment.

It's interesting how we never head about the conditions of said peace.

Are they unconditional surrender?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargentD

Another great listen.

Loading Video...

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

Can't even stay on topic with your own thread.

What will Trump do? <crickets>

Deflect to Ron Paul, who is a sad creature himself.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

Damn, just look at all those MAGA morns in the video's comments. Can't imagine so many idiots being able to write, must be some kind of ruzzian troll army operation to make it look like Agent Orange has overwhelming support.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Also, gotta love the fear-mongering. Because there's not enough of that going around. I look forward to election season; gonna be "inflation inflation nuclear war inflation immigrants immigrants inflation nuclear war" on repeat.

As a demagogue it’s all Trump has.

I love how the moment Biden took over, America is the worst country on the planet. Our borders are overrun like they’ve never been before. ☝️We’re seeing murder, rape, shootings, cats and dogs fighting in “unpresidented” numbers. 👌 Gas prices are $50 a gallon.….their worst levels in the recorded history of the universe. 👐 Believe me. Ask anyone, they’ll tell you!

Everything he says is vague, unsubstantiated generalizations, overstated in extreme hyperbole to instill fear. And it works, fear‘s an exceptionally powerful motivator, especially to people who are prone to believe the country is headed in the wrong direction already.

But the con’s doing nothing but blowing hot air.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@sargentd said:

@Maroxad: out of curiosity. If Ukraine was kicking this much ass. And doing a great job. Why haven't they taken back any of this land.. I dunno.. over the past year???

They have taken back some land. Kherson felled quickly into Russias hands, but is now back in Ukraine. Russia also crossed the Dnipro river.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Maroxad

@sargentd said:

They have been taking back a lot of land after the counteroffensive. Right now we don't see them taking back much for obvious reasons.

It's winter

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@nirgal said:

https://youtu.be/vr_cAWGFW1U

Russian media laughing about the comment.

It's interesting how we never head about the conditions of said peace.

Are they unconditional surrender?

Put all political ideologies aside for a moment and answer something honestly:

Would you rather have the state run media laugh at you or have the state tell you how you are inching closer and closer to a full blown war rather than a proxy war?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Maroxad

"I don’t think Putin wanted to do it. I think he was sort of forced in by the statements being made by Biden. & it’s something so sad to say because no matter what happens now, it can never be like it could have been with nobody dead and with no cities demolished"

And to the surprise of no one. Trump is sympathetic towards Russia and Putin.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/watch-trump-defends-vladimir-putin-as-being-forced-to-invade-ukraine-by-biden/

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SargentD

@Maroxad: one thing I have noticed by people who support funding this conflict indefinitely. A refusal to analyze this conflict from the perspective of Russia. As a third party nation we should be looking at this from both sides to try and come up with some sort of peace agreement. Labeling them Nazis and saying they are going to try and take over all of Europe is some of the most insane mental gymnastics to justify thier own ignorance.

You are going to have to reasonably assess Russia's side of this conflict to come to a peace deal. Blindly funneling arms to Ukraine isn't helping anything. All we have done is tell Russia your at war with everyone in NATO, not Ukraine.

Russia will act accordingly to NATO declaring war against Russia. You can't say they aren't.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Maroxad

@sargentd: It is conquest, pure and simple

1. Look at the country's recent history. Whether it is Georgia, Chechnya, Crimea, Moldova. Russia is driven by conquest and a desire to return to their USSR sphere of influence.
  2. Lack of a Casus Belli
  3. They have provided nothing but excuses. First it is alleged (and false) crimes against humanity by ukraine, then NATO, then mercenaries, then Trans Folk and Woke, and now they are spinning this as a holy war.
  4. Putin himself admitted that he thinks the fall of the USSR is the greatest tragedy
  5. This is a war of russian aggression. Russia invaded Ukraine. The War can end whenever Russia leaves Ukraine.
  6. The deranged speech Putin held prior to the war.
  7. Russia's ridicilous terms for peace.
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SargentD
@Maroxad said:

@sargentd: It is conquest, pure and simple

1. Look at the country's recent history. Whether it is Georgia, Chechnya, Crimea, Moldova. Russia is driven by conquest and a desire to return to their USSR sphere of influence.
  2. Lack of a Casus Belli
  3. They have provided nothing but excuses. First it is alleged (and false) crimes against humanity by ukraine, then NATO, then mercenaries, then Trans Folk and Woke, and now they are spinning this as a holy war.
  4. Putin himself admitted that he thinks the fall of the USSR is the greatest tragedy
  5. This is a war of russian aggression. Russia invaded Ukraine. The War can end whenever Russia leaves Ukraine.
  6. The deranged speech Putin held prior to the war.
  7. Russia's ridicilous terms for peace.

Russia felt threatened by NATO expanding to Russia's border. Russia was open to working out a peace deal. We told them to go **** themselves and threw millions of weapons to Ukraine escalating tensions. It is what it is.

Here is an article from before invasion of Ukraine. The way you frame this conflict is disingenuous at best.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/putin-says-u-s-has-ignored-russian-demands-but-said-talks-are-still-possible

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday accused the U.S. and its allies of ignoring Russia’s top security demands but said Moscow is willing to talk more to ease tensions over Ukraine.

The comments were his first on the standoff in more than a month and suggested a potential Russian invasion of Ukraine may not be imminent and that at least one more round of diplomacy is likely.

Yet the two sides remain unyielding in their main positions, and there was little apparent hope for concessions. Russia is expected to respond soon to a U.S. proposal for negotiations on lesser Russian demands after which Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken will speak.

Lavrov and Blinken spoke Tuesday and reiterated positions put forward by Putin and President Joe Biden. The White House said Biden and Putin could also speak once the U.S. receives Russia’s response.

WATCH: Can the U.S. and Russia agree on Ukraine? Here’s the latest on the negotiations

In remarks to reporters at a Moscow news conference with the visiting leader of NATO ally Hungary, Putin said the Kremlin is still studying the U.S. and NATO’s response to the Russian security demands received last week. But he said it was clear that the West has ignored Russian demands that NATO not expand to Ukraine and other ex-Soviet nations, refrain from deploying offensive weapons near Russia and roll back its deployments to Eastern Europe.

Putin argued that it’s possible to negotiate an end to the standoff if the interests of all parties, including Russia’s security concerns, are taken into account. “I hope that we will eventually find a solution, although we realize that it’s not going to be easy,” Putin said.

Russia has amassed over 100,000 troops along the border of Ukraine, fueling fears of an invasion. It has denied any intention to attack.

Washington and its allies have rejected Moscow’s key demands. They emphasize that Ukraine, like any other nation, has the right to choose alliances, although it is not a NATO member now and is unlikely to join any time soon.

Putin said the Western allies’ refusal to meet Russia’s demands violates their obligations on the integrity of security for all nations. He warned that a Ukrainian accession to NATO could lead to a situation where Ukraine launches military action to reclaim control over Russian-annexed Crimea or areas controlled by Russia-backed separatists in the country’s east.

“Imagine that Ukraine becomes a NATO member and launches those military operations,” Putin said. “Should we fight NATO then? Has anyone thought about it?”

Russia annexed Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula in 2014 following the ouster of the country’s Moscow-friendly president and later threw its weight behind rebels in Ukraine’s eastern industrial heartland, triggering a conflict that has killed over 14,000 people.

Speaking after talks with Hungarian Prime Minister Victor Orban, who has forged closer ties with Moscow than almost any other NATO member, Putin noted that it’s still possible to negotiate a settlement that would take every party’s concerns into account.

“We need to find a way to ensure interests and security of all parties, including Ukraine, European nations and Russia,” Putin said, emphasizing that the West needs to treat Russian proposals seriously to make progress.

He said French President Emmanuel Macron may soon visit Moscow as part of renewed diplomatic efforts following their call on Monday.

In a bid to exert pressure on the West, Lavrov sent letters to the U.S. and other Western counterparts pointing out their past obligations signed by all members of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, a top trans-Atlantic security grouping.

Russia has argued that NATO’s expansion eastward has hurt Russia’s security, violating the principle of “indivisibility of security” endorsed by the OSCE in 1999 and 2010. It says the U.S. and its allies have ignored the principle that the security of one nation should not be strengthened at the expense of others, while insisting on every nation’s right to choose alliances.

In his letter, which was released by the foreign ministry, Lavrov said “there must be security for all or there will be no security for anyone.” And in his call with Blinken, Lavrov warned that Moscow will not allow Washington to “hush up” the issue.

Blinken, meanwhile, emphasized “the U.S. willingness, bilaterally and together with Allies and partners, to continue a substantive exchange with Russia on mutual security concerns.” However, State Department spokesman Ned Price said Blinken was resolute in “the U.S. commitment to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, as well as the right of all countries to determine their own foreign policy and alliances.”

Blinken “urged immediate Russian de-escalation and the withdrawal of troops and equipment from Ukraine’s borders,” Price said. He reaffirmed that “further invasion of Ukraine would be met with swift and severe consequences and urged Russia to pursue a diplomatic path.”

Senior State Department officials described the call as professional and “fairly candid,” noting that if Russia wanted to prove it isn’t going to invade Ukraine, it should withdraw its troops from the border and neighboring Belarus.

Shortly after speaking to Lavrov, Blinken convened a conference call with the secretary general of NATO, the EU foreign policy chief and the chairman-in-office of the OSCE as part of efforts to ensure that the allies are engaged in any further contacts with Russia.

Speaking to reporters at the United Nations, Russia’s U.N. ambassador, Vassily Nebenzia, said the U.S. statement about its readiness for dialogue “doesn’t correlate” with Washington sending planeloads of military equipment to Ukraine.

“I don’t know why the U.S. is escalating tensions and at the same time accusing Russia,” he said.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

How dared Ukraine to be independent and choose their own alliances. Putin did his best! 😂

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Maroxad

@sargentd: So what you are saying is. Putin is upset that a sovereign nation is looking to join a defensive alliance, designed to counter russian aggression.

What exactly does that say about Russia?

And NATO was already at Russia's border.