Trump begins taking the drug - hydroxychloroquine... here we go again.

• 100 results
VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52717161

US President Donald Trump has said he is taking hydroxychloroquine to ward off coronavirus, even though health officials have warned it may be unsafe.

Speaking at the White House, he told reporters he started taking the malaria and lupus medication recently.

"I'm taking it for about a week and a half now and I'm still here, I'm still here," was his surprise announcement.

There is no evidence hydroxychloroquine can fight off coronavirus, though clinical trials are under way.

What did Trump say?

The 73-year-old president was hosting a meeting devoted to the struggling restaurant industry on Monday, when he caught reporters unawares by revealing he was taking the drug.

"You'd be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the frontline workers before you catch it, the frontline workers, many, many are taking it," he told reporters. "I happen to be taking it."

Asked what was his evidence of hydroxychloroquine's positive benefits, Mr Trump said: "Here's my evidence: I get a lot of positive calls about it."

He added: "I've heard a lot of good stories [about hydroxychloroquine] and if it's not good, I'll tell you right I'm not going to get hurt by it."

Though some people in the White House have tested positive for coronavirus, the president said again on Monday he had "zero symptoms" and was being tested frequently.

He added that he has been taking a daily zinc supplement and received a single dose of azithromycin, an antibiotic meant to prevent infection.

When asked whether the White House physician had recommended he start taking the disputed remedy, Mr Trump said he himself had requested it.

Dr Sean Conley, physician to the president, said in a statement issued through the White House later on Monday that Mr Trump was in "very good health" and "symptom-free".

The US Navy officer added: "After numerous discussions he and I had regarding the evidence for and against the use of hydroxychloroquine, we concluded the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks."

Mr Trump's most powerful elected adversary, the Democratic Speaker of the US House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, could not resist taking a dig at his age and weight when asked on CNN about him taking the malaria medication.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

I almost forgot today is monday and we needed something new. All tests of patients taking the drug have resulted in it not working - in addition, people have died utilizing it, but hey, we need something new to talk about this week.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

He's probably just BSing.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15584 Posts

Unless I see a blood test verified by a multinational coalition of doctors that says it's his system, I aint believing shit.

The trash in chief would literally say he farts rainbows if he thought it would help him, why would this be any different?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6958 Posts

Haha...either a moron or a pathological liar. Way to go idiot in chief.

But let's hope he is telling the truth...maybe he will mainline some bleach next.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38685 Posts

lol, he's really sticking to his comments about it being a game-changer...

he's committed, i'll give him that.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17680 Posts

Well, nothing like sticking to your guns in ignorant conviction, I suppose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec561f06de43
deactivated-5ec561f06de43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5ec561f06de43
Member since 2020 • 111 Posts

I always thought Trump was dangerous to this country, but it's oddly comforting knowing he is also a danger to himself.

But it's far more disturbing that this is happening at all.

That's assuming Trump is actually taking this stuff at all.

The real worry is that saying things like this creates a false demand for it that takes it away from people that actually need it. Last thing we need is a bunch of idiots running to the pharmacy buying up all this medicine when people with lupus, arthritis, and malaria actually need it.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Either a liar or a fool. Either way its typical trump.

SumPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 SumPro
Member since 2008 • 206 Posts

My Lord please help all the braindead posters above me.

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.” — Malcolm X.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts
@SumPro said:

My Lord please help all the braindead posters above me.

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.” — Malcolm X.

You're absolutely correct. That's why Trump has spent the last few years trying to tighten his control over the media, so that he can control the messages that are sent out.

Trump has manufactured the rhetoric of 'fake news' in order to discredit any news source that doesn't sing his praises, and his braindead supporters firmly believe it. By blocking out all other media sources, all criticism, all critical thought - Trump uses the right-wing media to control his followers.

His current tactic is to spread lies over the media about how everything is fine, and the pandemic is under control, and the virus can easily be beaten by dubious medicine and disinfectant, and that people can go back out and kickstart the economy again. It's patently wrong, but he shouts it into the echo chamber of the right-wing media and people believe it. Which is obviously quite a dangerous thing, considering people will actually lose their lives following Trump's messages.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

You guys must stop giving attention to every single stupid thing Trump says because he does it every day.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23974 Posts

@phbz said:

You guys must stop giving attention to every single stupid thing Trump says because he does it every day.

I dunno if Trump Comedy or Tragedy at this point.

I would hope people learn their lesson never to elect an imbecile again. But alas... triggering the libs is more important.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

He’ll be injecting bleach soon

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MirkoS77

I read of a study done where this medication was given to COVID patients that indicated the mortality rate was actually higher amongst those who took it than not (those that died passed from heart complications, which is apparently a side-effect of the drug). This wasn’t peer reviewed, but it’s telling nonetheless.

I still can’t believe we have this moron as a president, and probably will for another four years. Now he’s threatening to cut off all funding to the WHO in order to punish China, because hey, there’s no better way to combat a fire than to strip the fire department of its resources while its raging. I suppose reform is impossible while maintaining funding.

I cannot wait for the day this absolute abomination and disgrace of a person is shit out and flushed down this nation’s toilet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@MirkoS77: he's probably not taking it, just wants to keep media target in him. Even if some die it's fine because there's libs to be pwned.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1855 Posts

This is just another lie in a long line of lies from this president. And just like the ones before it he will ask credible people in his life, likely his own doctor, to sacrifice his credibility to protect the lie.

Do I believe Trump’s White House doctor, who is one of the most well trained physicians in the world, would use an obese and 70-something year old president of the United States as a beta tester for hydroxychloroquine as a preventive medication when the drug‘s more common side effects are heart conditions? LOL...no. No I don’t think I believe that.

If trump has a heart attack from it, what happens to that doctor? Other than just losing his medical license which would happen immediately. He would be up in front of congress defending an indefensible decision.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

@Baconstrip78 said:

This is just another lie in a long line of lies from this president. And just like the ones before it he will ask credible people in his life, likely his own doctor, to sacrifice his credibility to protect the lie.

Do I believe Trump’s White House doctor, who is one of the most well trained physicians in the world, would use an obese and 70-something year old president of the United States as a beta tester for hydroxychloroquine as a preventive medication when the drug‘s more common side effects are heart conditions? LOL...no. No I don’t think I believe that.

If trump has a heart attack from it, what happens to that doctor? Other than just losing his medical license which would happen immediately. He would be up in front of congress defending an indefensible decision.

Well, his physician did release a memo on the subject:

It conveniently does not say that he's taking the drug.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41569 Posts

Well, if he is... *zip lips*

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

He is not taking it, he is lying.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

How can his physician sign off on this? It seems like a break of ethics. I want to see him physically take it on camera before I believe it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Wait, according to these recent posts he is pretending to take the drug? If that is correct then he is encouraging other people subtly to take the drug while he doesn't. So, in essence its maybe a marketing ploy. Maybe he has stock on this drug or something? Or maybe the corporation is paying him to do this.? Probably, Trump is doing all of this to make a few bucks on the side. You would be surprised of what people would do to make a few bucks, their morals would go out the window.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Serioulsy, wtf?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127525 Posts

Is he serious?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@horgen said:

Is he serious?

hopefully his doctor just wrote hydroxychloroquine on a pack of Tic-Tacs

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6958 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@horgen said:

Is he serious?

Almost spit out my coffee....thanks :)

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@drlostrib said:
@horgen said:

Is he serious?

Probably healthier than this.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38685 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@horgen said:

Is he serious?

lol you win

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MirkoS77

@Baconstrip78 said:

Could the physician refuse if Trump insisted? Does he/she have that authority, and if Trump demanded it, would that accountability remain? I'm doubtful, though MJ's doctor was held responsible so perhaps...

@phbz: he's probably not taking it, just wants to keep media target in him. Even if some die it's fine because there's libs to be pwned.

Which is the most important thing of all.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4388 Posts

@MirkoS77: yes . a doctor can legal. but it rarely enforced now . due to bs from 20s thru the 60s

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Considering some of the reported side effects are agitation, insomnia, confusion, mania, hallucinations, paranoia along with lasting psychological and neurological symptoms, Then I'm fairly certain he's been taking it for far longer then a few weeks.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:

How can his physician sign off on this? It seems like a break of ethics. I want to see him physically take it on camera before I believe it.

Ever heard of off-label drugs?

@horgen said:

Is he serious?

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/05/12/nyu-study-looks-at-hydroxychloroquine-zinc-azithromycin-combo-on-decreasing-covid-19-deaths

Are they serious?

It's truly amazing to see how Trump evokes such hysteria among people that really don't have a clue what they're talking about (who are listening to people that don't have a clue what they're talking about, given the lack of data).

Trump is taking the drug in a medically controlled environment, but I guess we should discredit the doctors now.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HoolaHoopMan

@Karnage108 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Sure. I'm failing to see what that has to do with my comment though.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Karnage108 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

The doctor gave him a drug that is FDA approved, but not approved (yet?) to treat COVID-19.

We could look further into this and say Trump paid some shady doctor to allow this... but politics aside I see no reason to make that assumption. What is unethical here?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15584 Posts

@Karnage108 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

The doctor gave him a drug that is FDA approved, but not approved (yet?) to treat COVID-19.

We could look further into this and say Trump paid some shady doctor to allow this... but politics aside I see no reason to make that assumption. What is unethical here?

HC is a reasonably intense drug with some serious side effects, including but not limited to potentially lethal heart failure.

It is unethical because you are prescribing something that has the potential for harm without assurance it will do any good.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HoolaHoopMan

@Karnage108 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@Karnage108 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

I don't think he paid his doctor, hell I don't really think he's even taking it to be honest.

With that being said, we don't even have studies or tests showing any benefit of hydroxychloroquine use to treat COVID-19. This also isn't some schmuck on the street. It's the president of the US. If, and I stress if, Trump is really taking it, there's a risk to the president with nothing substantial to back it up. There are certain ethical implications of prescribing a dangerous drug with no substantiated benefits to the most powerful man in the world.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 horgen  Moderator

@Karnage108 said:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/05/12/nyu-study-looks-at-hydroxychloroquine-zinc-azithromycin-combo-on-decreasing-covid-19-deaths

Are they serious?

It's truly amazing to see how Trump evokes such hysteria among people that really don't have a clue what they're talking about (who are listening to people that don't have a clue what they're talking about, given the lack of data).

Trump is taking the drug in a medically controlled environment, but I guess we should discredit the doctors now.

Ever heard of over medication?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Notice how there are no Trump supporters and apologists in this thread?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Stupid is as stupid does. Also Darwin something something...…...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@drunk_pi: its a dumb thread, why should I care if hes taking it? He's president, I guarentee you if it wasnt safe the doctors around him wouldnt put him on it.

Its been used already around the world.

Trump was the guy who passed right to choose.

If it's showing to have positive effects great.

What is there to be upset about? if you hate trump and you think its toxic then you should be happy hes taking it right?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Drunk_PI

@jeezers said:

@drunk_pi: its a dumb thread, why should I care if hes taking it? He's president, I guarentee you if it wasnt safe the doctors around him wouldnt put him on it.

Its been used already around the world.

Trump was the guy who passed right to choose.

If it's showing to have positive effects great.

What is there to be upset about? if you hate trump and you think its toxic then you should be happy hes taking it right?

Maybe because medical professionals say you shouldn't use it because it doesn't offer actual protection and has serious side effects...

I don't like him as a president but I certainly don't want him to die since I'm not a callous asshole. Additionally, the president's actions can influence others to do the same thing, which people have and suffer for it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

He's not taking it, people. He just hates admitting he was wrong.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#45 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

So, it's not his body and his choice? Who really cares?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Drunk_PI

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

He's taking a faulty cure that isn't recommended by medical professionals due to serious side effects. He's the president of the United States and people happen to take his advice or copy him, e.g. the whole lysol injection debacle where there was an increased rate of overdoses. Agree/disagree on whether he actually said it, his speech was incoherent and people tend to do stupid things when desperate.

He's not just junkie or some idiot conspiracy theorist.... He's the president of the United States. People listen to him. He makes decisions. It has an impact, big and small. And he's doing something that is contrary to medical professional's on the drug itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

No he’s not, it’s just to trick people into thinking it works so he can profit. It’s like the hair club for men, he isn’t just the president he’s also a client!

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

Notice how there are no Trump supporters and apologists in this thread?

Maybe because it's just another anti-Trump circle jerk on Gamespot PG?

Do you want an audience? You must like it when other people watch ;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Dude come on....he's president....not some unknown.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 horgen  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Dude come on....he's president....not some unknown.

Is the idea that while we might disagree on all of his policies, we do not wish him any harm foreign to some here?