What are your thoughts on African American Republicans like Tim Scott?

• 83 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Did something happen to him? This guy grew up in a single mother household and now he's a republican? Why?

It just comes off as un-authentic. Democrats want to help people who are come up with single parent households and give them benefits.

Remember republican Paul Ryan who's Dad died when he was younger and he collected welfare until he was 18. Republicans were trying to cut those benefits while he was growing up why did he not go democrat then?

This is not right. You need to stand with your people, don't be a hypocrite if democrats helped you when you were younger with benefits then don't turn your back on those programs when you are older. Thats not cool at all to change your mind about it after you already got those benefits. Republicans are trying to cut things they used when they were younger and it looks horrible on the records.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

Conservatism is good for people in power; the few minorities that have gotten power like to keep that power. Just like OJ Simpson, they don't associate themselves with their origins, they associate themselves with what they became.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

What is this bullshit?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

I don't want to just write these guys off. It could be that they think the availability of government assistance caused their parents to fall back on it, instead of working to be self reliant. And they may have ideas about which kinds of assistance are more effective, like grants for school over straight welfare checks.

But there is also a tendency for those who climb to the top, to kick down the ladders they used behind them.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

such racism smh

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

He might have lots of money.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Usually rich and well off or uninformed. Not necessarily their fault on the latter, some people don't have time to tune into politics and what little they do get could be from a soured source.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Tim Scott is a proud American. It's close minded to believe that blacks owe themselves to the democrats.

So if someone is black they cant be for smaller, government, tax cuts, less regulations, religous, pro life, pro 2A, Why not?

It actually pisses me off how people box in african americans of "needing" to be democrats. As if the democrats have done shit for the black community in the last 20 years. Democrats take the black vote for granted.

The sentiment that he needs to "stand with his people" is also nonsense. Thats that racial identitarian collectivist BS the left has been poisoned with. Imagine telling a white person he needs to vote for a specific party to "stand with his people".

No wonder Richard Spencer is supporting Joe Biden and Kamala. The Democrats are the party of racial identitarians who threw away individualism for racial collectivism.

It's extremely sad.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

This is the United States of America, people are free to believe what they want to be, to belong to whatever group they deem best for themselves and others. The fact that this man wants to be a Republican and is black should not be an issue.

But unfortunately, it is an issue....for everyone, not just black people. The GOP is not actually the GOP any more; it has been taken over, infested by far-right radicals that are a disgrace not only to the ideals of the Republican party, but to America.

If you subscribe to traditional Republican ideals, that's fine. While I disagree with them, there''s nothing wrong with believing in smaller government, fewer taxes, increased military spending, and secure borders.

If you're a modern-day Republican that supports the current incarnation of the GOP, then that is a problem. They are regressive, intolerant (yes I am aware of the small amount of hypocrisy) supporters of a wannabe dictator and they have more or less done a lot of harm to the US, and refuse to own up to it.

There is a reckoning coming for the Republicans, and they need to face the music and atone for the past four years.

@jeezers said:

Tim Scott is a proud American. It's close minded to believe that blacks owe themselves to the democrats.

So if someone is black they cant be for smaller, government, tax cuts, less regulations, religous, pro life, pro 2A, Why not?

I agree with everything you said in theory, but unfortunately in practice that list of values comes with a lot of extra baggage these days.

• Smaller government is fine, until there's a national pandemic and the president is like "It's up to the states"
  • Tax cuts are fine when balanced, but it's a problem when it creates a wider income gap and is almost exclusively for rich people.
  • Pro-life is fine until you get rid of pro-choice, then it's fascism; you force people into a situation they should have a choice over.
  • Religious freedom is fine until it becomes intertwined in politics and religious nuts start dictating policy. Did you know it's still illegal to have anal sex in some states?
  • Gun ownership is fine until it results in a corrupt lobbyist group like the NRA.

The GOP is so out of whack these days, I don't even think they know what their value system is. It's sad, actually, because I really would like a traditional Republican candidate.

When the GOP goes back to their values, then we can start being less critical of who joins the party.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@ProtossRushX: ‘Democrats want to help people who are come up with single parent households and give them benefits.’

This is such a fallacy it’s amazing people still buy it. If it were true, inner cities wouldn’t be in the dangerous shape they are in. Chicago wouldn’t be in the shape it’s in - add Detroit, Baltimore, or any large city under Democrat control. Statistics prove that children of single mothers just don’t fare well in life.

Democrats keep the poor, poor. Republicans are all about opportunity and excelling in capitalism. Trump has done amazing things for black Americans and has record employment numbers to back him up.

Calling black Republicans Uncle Toms or traitors to their race is the very definition of racist.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58424 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
Loading Video...

That speech was really good and really bad.

Liked his positive notes, didn't really like the attacks on Biden. Spin the garbage Trump has done, talk about how things are better than they have been (they are, despite COVID), but it's just shit when you go high then toss in some bullshit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

Why do people keep supporting their oppressors?

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Republicans were trying to cut those benefits while he was growing up why did he not go democrat then?

This is not right. You need to stand with your people, don't be a hypocrite if democrats helped you when you were younger with benefits then don't turn your back on those programs when you are older. Thats not cool at all to change your mind about it after you already got those benefits. Republicans are trying to cut things they used when they were younger and it looks horrible on the records.

The whole "stand with your people" argument is rooted in identity politics and is racist in nature. Shouldn't your people be your fellow US citizens, regardless of what they look like? Shouldn't we uplift each other? Do I really need to reference MLK here, even after Tim Scott did so himself? If I was only about "MY" people, I'd be a lonely-ass person and wouldn't have the diverse cast of great people in my life that I currently do. I'd rather not consider different people "others", there's way too much we can learn from each other.

As for hating on the guy for using benefits before he turned 18 and then realizing that it's not the best way to uplift communities, that's called growing up. Dude realized through experience that handouts give no incentive for people to want to go out and make their lives better. As he mentions, "it does not encourage growth".

I grew up poor, received benefits, and had many friends around me in similar situations. I cannot count how many people I knew receiving these benefits that blew money on things that they didn't need, and would sell food stamps at a discount so they could buy booze and weed...or even actual drugs. Now tell me how you're go gonna out and find opportunities to better yourself if you're on your couch, high and out of your mind everyday?

Now I'm not completely against safety nets, but the question is: How much is TOO much? From Tim Scott's experience, he just so happens to think that less is more. Growing up extremely poor myself, I can't say I disagree with him.

SumPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SumPro
Member since 2008 • 206 Posts

Everything he said can be be researched about both candidates but most people are too lazy to research truth. Instead they turn to the main stream media and accept the bold face lies they spew. Great speech.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Sevenizz: Trump hasn’t done anything for black people. He just took credit for numbers he didn’t create and expects love for it. Saying black people owe Trump is appalling.

SumPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SumPro
Member since 2008 • 206 Posts

@thegreatchomp: Wow what a joke! Even CNN couldn’t deny yesterday and today what he’s done for the Black Americans.

Watch_My_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Watch_My_6
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

I know this is bait, but...very few republicans want get rid of major fail-safe programs. From either a logistical or moral perspective, it is necessary to have these in place.

Also, it would be amazing to see Scott get the Republican nod in 2024 after Trump is finished. The party that ended slavery will also be the party to elect the first black president. I know some liberals are squirming at the thought of it. And I'm 100% sure the Republican party would rally around a person of color or any minority for that matter.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Watch_My_6 said:

I know this is bait, but...very few republicans want get rid of major fail-safe programs. From either a logistical or moral perspective, it is necessary to have these in place.

Also, it would be amazing to see Scott get the Republican nod in 2024 after Trump is finished. The party that ended slavery will also be the party to elect the first black president. I know some liberals are squirming at the thought of it. And I'm 100% sure the Republican party would rally around a person of color or any minority for that matter.

Are you drunk? Because these are some odd statements.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sevenizz

@thegreatchomp: Right, Obama had 8 years of coasting and in his final hour he’s responsible for Trump’s impressive numbers.

Right...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@Sevenizz said:

@thegreatchomp: Right, Obama had 8 years of coasting and in his final hour he’s responsible for Trump’s impressive numbers.

Right...

trump inherited the economy from Obama and he tanked it.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sevenizz

@Watch_My_6: ‘The party that ended slavery will also be the party to elect the first black president.’

Umm, Obama?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sevenizz

@LJS9502_basic: ‘trump inherited the economy from Obama and he tanked it.’

What’s funny is that you force yourself to believe this. Before the Wuhan virus, Trump had record numbers. But Trump could rescue a baby from a burning building and Democrats would claim he started the fire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@mrbojangles25 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

That speech was really good and really bad.

Liked his positive notes, didn't really like the attacks on Biden. Spin the garbage Trump has done, talk about how things are better than they have been (they are, despite COVID), but it's just shit when you go high then toss in some bullshit.

You liked that speech?

Check out this one its the best speech ever, I've ever heard in my life this is a guy who is a uniter one America everyones together.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

Are you drunk? Because these are some odd statements.

Wait I thought Obama was already the first black president?

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

Yes, I am aware that some minorities participate in their own oppression, this isn't anything new.

@Watch_My_6 said:

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Miyomatic

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Right...

Idk about the "coasting" argument, so we'll ignore that. But I AM curious about what data you cite when you claim that Trump "tanked it". As always, I'm open to education and am curious as to what lead you to such a conclusion.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Miyomatic

@Watch_My_6 said:

Member since 2007, but only 209 posts....I'm guessing half the people interested will be dead by the time you explain yourself. In the event that you just woke up from a coma, my apologies.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

As a token he is guaranteed a high profile.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts

I don't watch american politicians as they all seem insane. I recently saw what you americans call a "political debate", and it was just a contest on who could talk more shit about the others. Thought it was a joke at first, but no.. just turned out your country is a joke. Was waiting quite a while for someone to say at least something about how they're going to make things better, but it was apparently way more important to attack eachother.

I can imagine americans sitting at home watching it like they watch a sports game or something. "Yeah, you show him!".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@SumPro: Sure they did. Trump has done nothing for Black people. The economic numbers are Obama. Trump is a joke that overseen tragedies for blacks. Be honest.

@Watch_My_6: LOL! Even sevenizz laughed.

@Sevenizz: ? The economy drastically improved under Obama and Trump inherited it.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Right...

He tanked it, what bullshit. He created an economy the world envied. The Covid19 virus and Democrat Governors tanked the economy. In the last six months he did for the economy and employment what took Obama and Biden eight years to accomplish without a mass epidemic and governors shutting down states.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16580 Posts

@Litchie: the country, the courts were sold to the rich and powerful a long time ago. They sold out to the corporations and businesses. There is no fairness or justice, its just the way it is and people know that. So people would rather see politicians trash each other than watch them spew lies about how they will make the lives of people better.

I'm honestly waiting for the trump biden debates. When will they be happening??

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@Litchie: the country, the courts were sold to the rich and powerful a long time ago. They sold out to the corporations and businesses. There is no fairness or justice, its just the way it is and people know that. So people would rather see politicians trash each other than watch them spew lies about how they will make the lives of people better.

I'm honestly waiting for the trump biden debates. When will they be happening??

Because it will be "funny" watching Trump spewing nonsense? I dunno man, it's mostly just bizarre for us non americans.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@Sevenizz said:

@LJS9502_basic: ‘trump inherited the economy from Obama and he tanked it.’

What’s funny is that you force yourself to believe this. Before the Wuhan virus, Trump had record numbers. But Trump could rescue a baby from a burning building and Democrats would claim he started the fire.

Who was president went covid hit? Who did nothing about it? The ecomomy is tanked. Now I don't expect an alt that only came out for the election to be honest and think about that so this is more for other people. Not you.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Sevenizz said:

Right...

He tanked it, what bullshit. He created an economy the world envied. The Covid19 virus and Democrat Governors tanked the economy. In the last six months he did for the economy and employment what took Obama and Biden eight years to accomplish without a mass epidemic and governors shutting down states.

He did not create the economy. It was inherited from Obama who fixed the last mess the Cons made. Same as when Clinton came in. Reps make a mess. Dems clean it up and fools put Reps in charge again for the same cycle.

No policy of trump's did a thing for the economy and fyi it was slowing. When you are president you are judged on how you handle a crisis. trump failed. Miserably. The tanked economy is his. Also Obama's last quarter numbers were better than trumps pre virus anyway.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Watch_My_6 said:

And I'm 100% sure the Republican party would rally around a person of color or any minority for that matter.

As soon as it's older base is replaced by younger blood, sure. But currently a lot of those people who bought into decades of Southern Strategy probably wouldn't lol.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@jeezers said:

It actually pisses me off how people box in african americans of "needing" to be democrats. As if the democrats have done shit for the black community in the last 20 years. Democrats take the black vote for granted.

The sentiment that he needs to "stand with his people" is also nonsense. Thats that racial identitarian collectivist BS the left has been poisoned with. Imagine telling a white person he needs to vote for a specific party to "stand with his people".

No wonder Richard Spencer is supporting Joe Biden and Kamala. The Democrats are the party of racial identitarians who threw away individualism for racial collectivism.

It's extremely sad.

100% this and the people in this thread should be ashamed of themselves.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

a sell out

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xabiss
@thegreatchomp said:

@JimB: LOL! Nobody envied our economy and Obama inherited your parties tanked economy. The Democrats shutdown to save lives, Republicans did too, but you ignore that. Stop defending Trump and admit the sucked.

Democrats saved lives by putting COVID patients in nursing homes. ROFLMAO!

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

This sounds like you're painting a very broad generalization of both political parties when in reality there are nuances depending on the individual person.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Xabiss: And the only reason the death toll isn’t 2 million is because of those shutdowns that Republicans did too. At least try to be intellectually honest.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xabiss

@thegreatchomp said:

@Xabiss: Do me a favor, never reply to me again. And the only reason the death toll isn’t 2 million is because of those shutdowns that Republicans did too. At least try to be intellectually honest.

But the governors sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed innocent people, but I get it that is okay.

The reason it is not 2 million in the grand scheme of things COVID is just not that dangerous. I still don't want to get it, but in the end we are finding out your chances of survival is quite high if you do get it. The one thing that does worry me is the repercussions of having it. That is what I am most worried about.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Watch_My_6 said:

And I'm 100% sure the Republican party would rally around a person of color or any minority for that matter.

As soon as it's older base is replaced by younger blood, sure. But currently a lot of those people who bought into decades of Southern Strategy probably wouldn't lol.

of course they would.

if they'd support trump and his lunacy over a democrat, they'd support anyone.

party first, remember?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@Xabiss said:
@thegreatchomp said:

@Xabiss: Do me a favor, never reply to me again. And the only reason the death toll isn’t 2 million is because of those shutdowns that Republicans did too. At least try to be intellectually honest.

But the governors sent covid patients to nursing homes and killed innocent people, but I get it that is okay.

The reason it is not 2 million in the grand scheme of things COVID is just not that dangerous. I still don't want to get it, but in the end we are finding out your chances of survival is quite high if you do get it. The one thing that does worry me is the repercussions of having it. That is what I am most worried about.

Question: what should they have done with patients?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

@Xabiss:

1. Prove it. Who was sent and why.

2. False, it is low because of the lockdowns and mask wearing and social distancing. Are you going to admit republicans did this too?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I believe all Trump supporters are wrong, regardless of skin color or ethnicity.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xabiss

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Xabiss said:
@thegreatchomp said:

Question: what should they have done with patients?

They had a ship in the NY harbor that had plenty of room left also how about not putting them next to people that would have to most trouble with the disease.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xabiss
@thegreatchomp said:

@Xabiss:

1. Prove it. Who was sent and why.

2. False, it is low because of the lockdowns and mask wearing and social distancing. Are you going to admit republicans did this too?

Wearing a mask does nothing to help with the mortality rate of the disease. We still have close to 6 million people get the disease that was reported. The mortality rate of the disease seems to be extremely low if you are a healthy individual or if you don't have preexisting issues. Hell back in June I have seen news reports the number could actually be over 20+ million infected:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53186075

If that is the case the mortality rate of this disease is WAY less then 1%. I am not saying we still shouldn't socially distance and stop wearing mask, but it seems this disease really isn't as dangerous as we once believed.

Also NY was sending COVID patients to nursing homes this is a known story. If you don't believe me just look it up.