Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I've been holding off on buying an Everdrive for my Game Gear for years. I almost bought one right before the X7 came out but luckily heard of the upgraded model before buying.

I finally purchased one of the X7 models and it'll be here next week. Can't wait to never have to switch cartridges again. It also works as an Master Gear Converter to play my Master System games on my Game Gear.

Should I manage to actually complete my Ninja Turtles Game Gear game and successfully export it to a .gg file, I'll also be able to use my Everdrive to finally play a Ninja Turtles game on my Game Gear. One can dream right?

The only thing left for me to do is eventually buy the McWill mod or another modern screen upgrade for it. That's pretty spendy though coming in often at $200.

What have been your experiences with retro system moding and Everdrives? The only other mods my Game Gear has had is a switch from tube backlighting to LEDs and then all the caps replaced with more reliable modern ones.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I've done the no cut screen mod on my GBC. That screen looks way better than the stock screen with no back lighting. My next mod for my GBC is the clean amp mod with a replacement speaker.

On my Sega Dreamcast I've done the GDEMU Pro, fan mod, Pico PSU, and the 3d printed tray. For video output is use the Akura for flawless display.

On my Sega Saturn I've installed the Terraonion MODE to replace the disc drive. I also have a second Sega Saturn I did the Fenrir mod.

I've installed an openxenium modchip, replaced the clock capacitor, installed a bigger HDD, and replaced the disc drive on my OG Xbox.

Lastly, I took a PS3 slim 2000 model and installed custom firmware on it.