Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

So I've been playing HUT on nhl 16 for some time and I managed to adjust to Allstar difficulty but superstar is damn near impossible. Between the bad passing, dumb defensive ai, and superhuman opponents I always lose 8-2 or worse. Not sure if it's my player cards not being good enough or I have the wrong defensive strategies. Just wondered if anyone else has this same issue on superstar or has some tips.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

Play better defense, don't lose the puck and take more shots.

Dajamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dajamo
Member since 2015 • 53 Posts

Defense is huge. I find that puck possession is a major part as well.

I have a lot of success with crash the net, and low shots with people in front, they just tip it in, doesn't always go in, but its a good tactic.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4  Edited By Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

Alright so I figured out that part of the problem was that I was rushing too much in the offensive zone instead of controlling the puck longer, my team defensive strategy was too passive (switched from protect the net to play the puck), and I also realized that you can basically continuously poke check by manipulating the right stick as you skate (I was just tapping the right bumper and not using the stick). I'm rolling with all silver rare players and a rare Brad Marchand, and I finally opened enough packs where I can have a decent roster. It's just a large bummer that you don't get 24 cards in the more expensive silver packs of HUB cards.

Managed to win a game on superstar, but then Fallout 4 came out so NHL is on the outs for now.