Official MLB Spring Training Thread.

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Wow Tigers have been busy this morning!

Got Cespedes, Wilson, and minor leaguer Speier for Porcello. Then they went and traded Suarez and minor leaguer Crawford for Alfredo Simon.

Their new pitching rotation will be Price, Verlander, Sanchez, Greene, and SImon. Sad to see Porcello go, but considering they got both the outfielder they needed AND a good bullpen arm I am happy. That other trade was a joke though as they just got a solid starter for really one prospect and one guy who they had no idea what to do with on their roster.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@No_Hablo_Ingles said:

@brimmul777 said:

There's something wrong with this world when sports figures makes more money then 95% of the planet will ever have.What a screwed up world......People are starving,homeless,sick,etc... really sad. :(

GTFO with this. If you really feel this way, stop watching sports, stop posting on blogs and do volunteer work for the starving/homeless/sick/etc.

individuals with Unique skill sets that are part of billion dollar entertainment industries get paid more. Not new.

This, and the fact spectacle performances bring in an assload of money too. The athletes make only a fraction of what the fans they draw to watch them make for the entire organization. And what to *most* of these athletes and organizations do with all that money? They donate a pretty generous amount to charities. Most have their own foundations that help people.......

These athletes and organizations collectively donate hundreds of millions of dollars to help people in need every year. They wouldn't be doing that if they didn't make an outlandish amount of money. What do *you* do to help people, brimmul? I bet you don't donate millions of dollars to needy people. I bet you haven't done one thing to actually help someone in need this entire year.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Not thrilled with all the moves the Marlins are making, but hey, they're making moves to win now. If they can sign Shields, look out NL.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Not thrilled with all the moves the Marlins are making, but hey, they're making moves to win now. If they can sign Shields, look out NL.

Jeffrey Loria will forever make stupid decisions, sadly. I'd love to see a battle of the minds between Loria and Billy Beane.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By yokofox33

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@yokofox33 said:

Jeffrey Loria will forever make stupid decisions, sadly. I'd love to see a battle of the minds between Loria and Billy Beane.

I hate Loria, but to be fair he's let his baseball people make the moves the past couple seasons and it's working. He obviously wanted Stanton, so he got that done, but the trades and FA signings are all his FO.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#56 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12128504/pedro-martinez-randy-johnson-craig-biggio-john-smoltz-voted-hall

Congrats to all and their fans.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Glad that all 4 of those got in, though will never understand why 2-3% of voters decide to be attention whores and leave out obvious first ballot players like Randy Johnson. and that the likes of Piazza, Raines and Schilling made significant progress progress

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By yokofox33

ICHIRO! MARLINS!

Yeah boi!!!!!