Team of the Decade?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts

So we are halfway through the decade (and the year) and I was curious to see what other people's opinions are of the team of the decade (2010-2015), whether it be individual sports or just in general. I really haven't put too much thought into it but I was just curious to see what other's would have to say about that. I guess I would pick teams from each individual sports i.e. NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL. What team(s) have dominated this decade so far. I know we got 5 more years left but I'm just curious.

For NBA I can see that the Miami Heat being the #1 choice because of 4 Final appearances. But without Lebron things have changed.

For MLB it can be argued that the Giants are the team of the decade (so far) with their 3 World Series wins

For NFL it is definitely more diverse as no one team as won more than 1 Super Bowl in the past five years, however both the Patriots and Seahawks have made two appearances.

NHL: Lastly, the NHL which has seen both the Blackhawks and Kings winning two Cups each in the past 5 years and now the Blackhawks are once again in the Western Conference Finals.

So again I know it has been only 5 years and we got a ways to go but who do you think is team of the decade, whether in its individual sport or throughout all sports?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Well since American sports suck, and that you failed to mention any international sports.

Germany for Soccer/Football - they wont the last 2 WC's.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50613 Posts

Def the pats for football and Miami (so far) for bball. Easily Giants in baseball

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@GTR12 said:

Well since American sports suck, and that you failed to mention any international sports.

Germany didn't win the 2010 World Cup; Spain did.

Edit: For best team of the decade, I'd go with either FCBarcelona or the Spanish national squad. The former has won, in the last ten years, more Champions Leagues than any other team, more domestic titles, and more worldwide recognition than any other, while the latter won a World Cup and two Eurocups, again with international recognition as the best team in the world.

Wouldn't know for american sports.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ianhh6 said:
@GTR12 said:

Germany didn't win the 2010 World Cup; Spain did.

Edit: For best team of the decade, I'd go with either FCBarcelona or the Spanish national squad. The former has won, in the last ten years, more Champions Leagues than any other team, more domestic titles, and more worldwide recognition than any other, while the latter won a World Cup and two Eurocups, again with international recognition as the best team in the world.

Wouldn't know for american sports.

Holy crap I was tired when I typed that, yeah sorry, Spain won in 2010, Germany, I think were 3rd runners-up, and going by Spain's 2014 shock defeat in the group stages, I'd still say overall that Germany had/has the better team.

Just realised I wrote "they wont the last" LMAO

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

From 2010-2015:

• College Football: Alabama Crimson Tide
  • NBA: Miami Heat
  • NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
  • MLB: San Francisco Giants

That's about it. Maybe the Spanish National team in soccer but they got humiliated in Brazil. If FC Barcelona wins the CL then they could be a team of the decade.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

Miami Heat

LA Kings or Blackhawks

Patriots

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@GTR12: True, they sucked in Brazil, it was the end of an era, but one can't forget the two Eurocups. I dunno, personally I'd say they've been the best recently but have ended on a low note (it's hard to argue against Germany though, they're fucking beast :P)

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

2008-2009 Barcelona