3060 Ti>2080 Super and only $399 (Out tomorrow)

• 102 results
Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

I told a certain someone NVIDIA would release a $349-399 product that rivals or beats a 2080 and they disagreed. Once again they were wrong. I think it's like the third time now.

Look what I said:

@Juub1990: You'll need something in the 3060 levels of power which will be $399.

To which @blueinheaven responded:

Again you're pulling BS out of your ass now moving goalposts from the 3070 to the 3060 claiming this will be in line with next gen consoles in terms of performance when nobody has a friggin clue how either of these cards are going to perform, least of all you.

Oopsie. Turns out it was even better than I predicted because the 3060 Ti beats a 2080 Super at $399, it doesn't stop at the 2080.

@blueinheaven: A 3060 is not going to beat next gen consoles. I know it and you know it, forget historical precedents man that reeks of desperation a 3070 will beat a PS5 and match or beat a Series X we don't know yet as I keep telling you. We'll revisit this when all is said and done and all hands have been shown.

Keep in mind, the whole exchange was around the price point. I thought the 3060 would have 2080-like performance for $399 but the 3060 Ti is at that price, making it even better for me. What did I say about a $399 GPU beating or matching the consoles? Fucking lol at a 3070 matching or PERHAPS beating the Series X.

Might be the card below the 3060 Ti that matches the consoles for $299.

You can read the exchange here, and mock him. I told him I would bump this thread.

Thread

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Cool. So can anyone actually, you know, buy one?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9875 Posts

Ouch this is dirty... Even Trump would admit defeat to such strong evidence.

Popcorn.gif

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Yeah, been reading the benchmarks just now. Impressive numbers, great price. I did expect it to be $400, since the 3070 is $500, and NVIDIA seem to be more clear about their market segmentation. The RX 6800 to 6800 XT gap was murkier in this regard. AMD will surely respond.

Already set aside my budget for the 3070, so I'm dead set on it. I can afford to pay a little more.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

Nobody is buying Nvidia, AMD, Playstation or Xbox hardware any time soon.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

A 3060 is not going to beat next gen consoles. I know it and you know it, forget historical precedents man that reeks of desperation a 3070 will beat a PS5 and match or beat a Series X we don't know yet as I keep telling you. We'll revisit this when all is said and done and all hands have been shown.

Talk about being delusional. Happens every gen. Get ready TC for an extremely angry post full of insults. :D

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

$399 is still too much for a GPU aka 3060Ti IMO, you might as well throw in another $100 for that 3070. If it was price like $350, it would have been a no brainer for sure but compared to RTX 3070 & RTX 3080, definitely a great buy...if you can find one of course and don't pay nothing to a scalper.

Edit: Looking at the benchmarks & Tech YouTubers, I guess paying $400 for a simple 3060Ti seems fair but if you can spare the extra $100, picking up 3070 would be the logical choice but if you really cannot find a 3070 but stumble to 3060Ti, I jump at it if you can. (You can always overclock towards the 3070 level)

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Would be fine, if there were stocks. Every gaming hardware is hard to come by right now, unless you go the scalper route.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Console kids are such an embarrassment to the hobby. Thanks TC for bringing the receipts

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Well, following my prior posts on the 3070, I think Nvidia is still overcharging here. That being said, if one is interested in the relative (relative to consoles; relative to other GPUs) this is a great buy and probably the most attractive performance/price piece of hardware across both consoles and PC I've seen in recent years. This is the card I would buy right now if I was in the market.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Ehhh. $400 USD, so probably around 600 Euros in the EU. Still a bit expensive.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

Knowing my luck, Nvidia will release a 3080ti by the time i've got my 5900X and Dark Hero MB.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I'm absolutely delighted you brought this up, I was about to do the same thing. I'm glad that you're so happy about the performance and value of the 3060 Ti, so am I, it turned out to be better than I expected. Hey let's ignore the fact I said nobody knew what to expect and this was true at the time but feel free to gloat that your guess turned out to be right, I know how kids are these days. You absolutely will not be happy at all about what happens next. First let me clue everyone up on what exactly prompted this entire discussion...

Juub1990 claimed he could put a PC together that matches or beats next gen consoles and also claimed it would represent better value. I laughed. A lot. And challenged him on how he was going to do this. What followed was endless BS and deflecting from him so it was decided we would wait till both consoles and the first wave of new GPU's arrived. To give him half a chance, I decided to wait for the 3060 to give him a faint glimmer of hope and things have worked out for him in that regard but that is only one component, but hey we'll get to that in a minute.

First, a reminder that my own input on all of this came about because I am currently trying to build a new PC if I can ever get a friggin graphics card so I am familiar with the current cost of ALL components whereas little Juublet hasn't got the faintest clue. I pitied him and gave him some advice, which I will re-post here...

>> I'm actually kind of feeling sorry for you at this point, so I'm going to be that nice guy on the internet and help you out a bit.

1. A B450 is a good place to start for the motherboard. Watch for deals that combine the board with the CPU you need (it's always cheaper) and if you contact the dealer they might throw in Windows for $50 or thereabouts.

2. Speaking of CPU, you're going to need a Ryzen 7 3700X. That's roughly equivalent to what's in the Series X in terms of threads, cores and performance. Oof.... you're not going to like the price of these, even with a combo board/CPU deal.

3. You'll need an SSD that matches the one in the Series X. I know the one in the PS5 is faster but I'll give you the cheaper option as you're probably legit in tears by now, salty droplets drenching the screen so you can't even read your '3070 goes faster than some other thing' article you were just reading.

4. RAM speed is flexible up to a point. I'll accept 16gb of 3200. This will be cheap anyway and RAM prices have just dropped again.

5. Don't forget to match your PSU with whatever graphics card you've had to choose to keep up with the console Joneses. Reliable brand please, crap PSU will negate any decent components in your build.

That was my advice to the forum clown and so here we are ready to finally see his Bargain PC that matches or beats next gen consoles. This should be good...

Hey Juubling, don't forget you need a case (more helpful PC build advice for you, see? I'm a nice guy) and an operating system. No cheap keys from Ebay please. Also, no used components, console prices given are brand new.

Feel free to bleat on about how you don't have to pay for online on PC which is definitely an advantage but it is an OPTION to pay for this on consoles so let the forum readers decide for themselves how important that is to them.

So there we have it, match both consoles and take note for the Series X you'll have to add a 4K blu ray player, we are 'matching' these things remember. For PS5 the digital version is fine, nobody on PC uses discs anyway, so feel free to celebrate that for the price of a digital PS5 you have literally got just a graphics card so far, lmao!

When you've posted your build and priced it up I'll check prices and compatibility of components and I'll start a new thread Next Gen Consoles v Juub1990's Bargain PC and we'll have people vote on which one is better value.

I expect not only will you be mocked, people will laugh so much they will literally be fit to burst! I warned you about all of this way in advance, both consoles are out and I even waited for a 3060 which hasn't even been reviewed or tested yet but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So no more hanging about, no more BS, show us your console-beating Bargain PC.

Your target is $500 for Series X and $400 for PS5, give us builds for both. I can't wait to see what kind of junk PC you serve up for $400 lolz.

@pc_rocks said:
@Juub1990 said:

A 3060 is not going to beat next gen consoles. I know it and you know it, forget historical precedents man that reeks of desperation a 3070 will beat a PS5 and match or beat a Series X we don't know yet as I keep telling you. We'll revisit this when all is said and done and all hands have been shown.

Talk about being delusional. Happens every gen. Get ready TC for an extremely angry post full of insults. :D

Oh look it's little Fakeboy pretending to be a PC gamer again, hanging on to everyone's coat tails, awwwwww, bless. I'd invite you to propose a build too but we both know you haven't the slightest clue about PC gaming so you can come out from behind the sofa, poor thing.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

SNIP

Nobody's going to read all your nonsense. Take your L and go home. No need to bury yourself any further.

2. Speaking of CPU, you're going to need a Ryzen 7 3700X. That's roughly equivalent to what's in the Series X in terms of threads, cores and performance.

People believed that before we deep-dived because it was the closest desktop counterpart. These consoles don't match a 3700X.

Loading Video...

4700G APU. 8C/16T at 3.6GHz gets stomped out by the 3700X by 20%+.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juub1990

Funny thing because @pc_rocks and myself had the same argument and turns out he was right. Early comparisons pegged these consoles as equivalent to the 3700X because it was the only other 8C/16T Zen 2 CPU but once we got into the nitty gritty, you can see these consoles actually aren't a match for it at all.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

SNIP

Nobody's going to read all your nonsense. Take your L and go home. No need to bury yourself any further.

2. Speaking of CPU, you're going to need a Ryzen 7 3700X. That's roughly equivalent to what's in the Series X in terms of threads, cores and performance.

People believed that before we deep-dived because it was the closest desktop counterpart. These consoles don't match a 3700X.

4700G APU. 8C/16T at 3.6GHz gets stomped out by the 3700X by 20%+.

You can put whatever you want in your build, you're doing it, not me and I won't be deciding what is or isn't better value, the forum members will. As long as you show proof of equal components/performance there won't be a problem.

Enough. Put up or STFU and crawl away in embarrassment.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

Probs the new price/performance king.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

You can put whatever you want in your build, you're doing it, not me and I won't be deciding what is or isn't better value, the forum members will. As long as you show proof of equal components/performance there won't be a problem.

Look son, he mad.

You can take your leave now. We've had a good laugh at your expense. Not that your dishonest ass would argue in good faith, considering you're blatantly ignoring the cost of online play for console gaming, something I factored in because PC offers that value for free, but you ignored that.

Also, that 3060 Ti utterly mollywhops these consoles. It's not a match. It slaughters the 2060 Super by 50% which matched the consoles in Watch_Dogs Legion when RT was factored in. A 3060 at $299-349 will be the closest to consoles and still probably crush them in RT.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Don't blink or you'll miss the release.

RDNAv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RDNAv2
Member since 2019 • 230 Posts

A $400 GPU isn’t going to give you noticeably better performance than Nex gen consoles

Why bother with a poor people GPU

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Juub1990
@rdnav2 said:

A $400 GPU isn’t going to give you noticeably better performance than Nex gen consoles

Why bother with a poor people GPU

Those next-gen consoles that can't even beat a RTX 2060S in Watch_Dogs Legion?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

Look son, he mad.

You can take your leave now. We've had a good laugh at your expense. Not that your dishonest ass would argue in good faith, considering you're blatantly ignoring the cost of online play for console gaming, something I factored in because PC offers that value for free, but you ignored that.

Also, that 3060 Ti utterly mollywhops these consoles. It's not a match. It slaughters the 2060 Super by 50% which matched the consoles in Watch_Dogs Legion when RT was factored in. A 3060 at $299-349 will be the closest to consoles and still probably crush them in RT.

Okay let's do this one more time: your claim - you can build a PC that matches/beats next gen consoles and represents better value. You said that, not me.

Are you admitting now you hadn't a clue what you were talking about and didn't realise what it would cost to build a PC that backed up your claim? Admit your lack of knowledge and how you were completely wrong and we can all move on, OR show us your bargain build console beating PC.

Enough excuses. And please shut up about a 3060 Ti whooping consoles unless you can show me the card running without a case, hard drive, power supply, RAM and operating system.

I'm not letting you off the hook. Show the build or just shut up and go away.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Good luck beating the scalpers.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

See TC, I told you get ready for a long angry rant with insults. But don't worry, if you ask him he will say he's totally calm. ROFLMAO!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#25 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Ah, another nice GPU for scalpers to profit from.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

Okay let's do this one more time: your claim - you can build a PC that matches/beats next gen consoles and represents better value. You said that, not me.

Are you admitting now you hadn't a clue what you were talking about and didn't realise what it would cost to build a PC that backed up your claim? Admit your lack of knowledge and how you were completely wrong and we can all move on, OR show us your bargain build console beating PC.

Enough excuses. And please shut up about a 3060 Ti whooping consoles unless you can show me the card running without a case, hard drive, power supply, RAM and operating system.

The 3700X is already 15-20% faster than an 8C/16T APU which the consoles have. The 10500 is actually faster than the 3700X. Before you cry about it being a 6-core CPU, it beats the pants off the consoles's CPU. The SSD is 3400/3000MBs read and write. On par with the Series X. The RTX 3060 will be in the the consoles ballpark in raster and blow them out of the water in RT.

Total is $584 WITHOUT the as of yet to be released $300 RTX 3060. $884 with it. How does that compare to console WITH online as online represents VALUE that the PC has?

Series X/PS5: $500 + $420 ($60x7 years for online): $920

PS5 Digital: $820

Otherwise, WITH the RTX 3060 Ti, this PC comes up to a total of $984, $64 more than the consoles over 7 years BUT it also crushes them in performance. Having a CPU with better gaming performance and a MUCH better GPU.

Now try to spin that. I maintained you could build a PS5-tier PC for $800 and I stand by what I said.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

It’s beyond sad that people here are praising or making excuses for a mid-range card being “only” $400. Back in 2013 you could firmly stomp the “strongest console ever made” with a gpu under $200 (HD 7850 and 7870) AT LAUNCH. Now we’re holding up barely-available cards costing over twice that as being this great value compared to consoles? Please.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Juub1990

@Postosuchus: Parts cost more and more to make. What do you wanna do? 2013 was 7 years ago and costs have gone up.

Also, the PS4 being 7850-level was more of a testament to how bad consoles were rather than how good PC’s were.

And more than likely, the $300 3060 will be in the ballpark of a PS5. Not much has changed.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4387 Posts

yeah like the claim get this for ray tracing. ..... still waiting for a game to use it thru out the game with no dlss and lock 60fps at any rez........ oh and real rays not the el cheapo right now....

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blueinheaven

@pc_rocks said:

See TC, I told you get ready for a long angry rant with insults. But don't worry, if you ask him he will say he's totally calm. ROFLMAO!

Long angry rant? What forum are you reading? No anger here, well actually a slight bit, I have a problem you see with people completely misrepresenting the cost of building a good PC to console gamers. It doesn't help anyone. I know he's just a rabid fanboy like you but still, I do what I can to make things right, just doing my bit to add to the forum. What do you add? Nothing? Yep.

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

The 3700X is already 15-20% faster than an 8C/16T APU which the consoles have. The 10500 is actually faster than the 3700X. Before you cry about it being a 6-core CPU, it beats the pants off the consoles's CPU. The SSD is 3400/3000MBs read and write. On par with the Series X. The RTX 3060 will be in the the consoles ballpark in raster and blow them out of the water in RT.

Total is $584 WITHOUT the as of yet to be released $300 RTX 3060. $884 with it. How does that compare to console WITH online as online represents VALUE that the PC has?

Series X/PS5: $500 + $420 ($60x7 years for online): $920

PS5 Digital: $820

Otherwise, WITH the RTX 3060 Ti, this PC comes up to a total of $984, $64 more than the consoles over 7 years BUT it also crushes them in performance. Having a CPU with better gaming performance and a MUCH better GPU.

Now try to spin that. I maintained you could build a PS5-tier PC for $800 and I stand by what I said.

No, sorry, I didn't explain myself. I didn't say 'please pull some random build out of your ass and claim it's equal to next gen consoles'. I said show performance proof and equality of components. Digital Foundry have done enough on this already, so have many tech youtubers. The details are all out there, you made the claim, you prove it.

Also, 420 dollars for online? Please f*** right off with that crap. Online subs for both consoles are optional and there is no fixed price that you can just pull out of your ass. Some people will NEVER pay for online with consoles. As long as they can download patches, games and DLC they are fine. Some people might pay for a month if they want some MP. Some people might pick up a really cheap deal for a year when they see it, if they're bothered at all. Point is it's optional and there is NO WAY to quantify what people will or won't want or spend when it comes to online.

If you want to be a complete asshole about it we'll just add up the retail price of all the games that come free every month with both online subs and see where that leaves you. I haven't done that because it's optional and it's not for me to decide how much value there is in it for anyone.

Pitch your build and bleat on endlessly about online if it makes you happy but simple fact is online is optional on console you can pay as much or as little as you want. Forum members will decide what's important to them, you're not telling them where their money goes. We're going to present people with a PC and both next gen consoles and they can decide what's better value. Anything they want beyond that is up to them, not you.

Keep in mind before we agree on your final build, once you submit it I'll be shouting out to a few people on here. Conan, grey elf, Xantufrog etc (people who, unlike you, actually play videogames on PC AND console) to see if we can agree your build is a match. No nitpicking, roughly in the same ballpark performance and quality wise is fine. I can tell you straight away though that I'll be laughing at your thrift shop motherboard, cheap ass cooler and comedy power supply right from the off unless you change it.

So where are we? You've got a ton of cheap ass components desperately trying to compete with two state of the art consoles (we both know no PC gamer is touching your shit PC with a barge pole) and you're currently at $984, nearly twice the price of a Series X and with Windows close to three times the price of a PS5.

Where's your OS? Windows Home will do, better add it on. Where's your 4K bluray player? Add that too or you're admitting defeat to Series X and hoping only to compete with PS5 (match or beat, your words, not mine).

Oh, btw, a PS5 tier PC for $800 (which you haven't got anywhere near) good luck presenting that as better value than a PS5, never mind Series X.

As you were, let me know when you have your final specs to present along with examples and comparisons. Nobody gives the slightest damn what you think is a comparable spec. Back it up please, like I said it's all out there. I'll be right here.

Let me know when you're ready to submit your final build and we'll get a concensus on it, then I'll start a new thread and people can vote. Off you trot.

Edit: where's your wi-fi? Choose a different motherboard that already has it or add a card. Much obliged.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Juub1990

@blueinheaven said:

SNIP

@pc_rocks called it. You can leave now with your three pages rant containing no substance.

As if consoles used "quality" parts. Fucking lol.

That PC will outperform those boxes that get outdone by a freakin RTX 2060S with RT.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

SNIP

@pc_rocks called it. You can leave now with your three pages rant containing no substance.

Give us your build or you're setting yourself up for legendary self-ownage and I'll remind you of it every time you post your fanboy bullshit on here. Your choice.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

Give us your build or you're setting yourself up for legendary self-ownage and I'll remind you of it every time you post your fanboy bullshit on here. Your choice.

This build will perform on par with the consoles. The cooler doesn't need to be anything fancy because this is a little 10500 you won't overclock, nor will you overclock the GPU. 450W is plenty for the entire system.

Quit seething, take the L, and stop wasting my time. You'll just keep asking over and over. It's evident you're arguing in bad faith and are blatantly dishonest.

Now step away. You've been laughed at by people in this thread. Good thing I kept the links. I told you I would come back for you.

Over and out.

"State of the art"

Zen2 APU and RTX 2060-tier ray tracing.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

This build will perform on par with the consoles. The cooler doesn't need to be anything fancy because this is a little 10500 you won't overclock, nor will you overclock the GPU. 450W is plenty for the entire system.

Quit seething, take the L, and stop wasting my time. You'll just keep asking over and over. It's evident you're arguing in bad faith and are blatantly dishonest.

Now step away. You've been laughed at by people in this thread. Good thing I kept the links. I told you I would come back for you.

Over and out.

I've been laughed at by nobody. Are you talking about PC-rocks? I owned that clown in our last encounter so he is now your fanboy hoping you won't come out of this looking like an idiot. Congrats?

That build is atrocious, but if that's what you're going with I'll use it. I will also point out the many crap components as a warning (in case some fool thinks your build is actually worth spending money on). I'll also add the cost of Windows and a wi-fi card since you left out both hoping nobody would notice. Oh, and a 4k blu ray player. This is your last chance to add these to your build at your prices if you want to find the cheapest crap available which seems to be your entire strategy.

If that's your last word I'm disappointed but not surprised, I know you don't know what you're doing. I'll do my own research on what components you need to match next gen consoles and price it up. I'll also post your comedy build and have actual PC gamers on here comment on it for chuckles.

And please don't talk to me about good faith. You know, this could have been something productive. We could have both put together a build that matches these consoles, or a few builds with advice asking what resolution people play at etc for people thinking of making the leap from console but you had to turn it into a childish 'my thing is better than your thing' situation and straight away changed it from a conversation to a war. So be it.

Adios, I'm going to make you famous. Thank me later.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

SNIP

Who doesn't have a Windows license in this day and age lmao? Just transfer it over, it's free.

As for the 4K Blu Ray player, what are you going to do with that? 99% of PC games are digital and physical is a dead market there.

The consoles also have crap components. That's what happens when you're limited to sub 300W and must use APU's that are heavily gimped desktop version.

pc_rocks, goldenelement, sushiglutton and myself mocked you.

Now since you're obviously gonna keep wasting my time, can you leave this thread? We've had a good laugh while you we here.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

And as I kept saying that I wasn't upgrading my gtx 1060 6gb, Nvidia goes ahead and releases perhaps it's true successor.

Veeeery tempted but I think I'll stick to my word for now. Kinda need money for my new build (new cpu, ram, mb, case). I think I 'll survive longer with my gpu.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

SNIP

Who doesn't have a Windows license in this day and age lmao? Just transfer it over, it's free.

As for the 4K Blu Ray player, what are you going to do with that? 99% of PC games are digital and physical is a dead market there.

The consoles also have crap components. That's what happens when you're limited to sub 300W and must use APU's that are heavily gimped desktop version.

pc_rocks, goldenelement, sushiglutton and myself mocked you.

Now since you're obviously gonna keep wasting my time, can you leave this thread? We've had a good laugh while you we here.

Sushi and Golden both reacted to your drivel without knowing the context of the conversation. Since I explained your idiocy, neither have commented. Big surprise am I right? pc_rocks is the ghost4ever of PC gaming, less said there the better.

Console gamers don't have a Windows license if they don't have a PC (VAST majority don't have one or want one as you keep being told on here but choose to ignore it) .

What are you going to do with a 4K bluray player? Play 4K blurays maybe? Who knows? Point is we're talking 'match or beat, your words not mine'. Do you want to give a price for these or shall I just add it on myself when I post the next gen consoles v your amazing bargain PC thread? (lolz). Up to you.

We still need wi-fi, yeah I know the shit just keeps piling up but you started this and you can bet your life I'm going to finish it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

Sushi and Golden both reacted to your drivel without knowing the context of the conversation. Since I explained your idiocy, neither have commented. Big surprise am I right? pc_rocks is the ghost4ever of PC gaming, less said there the better.

Console gamers don't have a Windows license if they don't have a PC (VAST majority don't have one or want one as you keep being told on here but choose to ignore it) .

What are you going to do with a 4K bluray player? Play 4K blurays maybe? Who knows? Point is we're talking 'match or beat, your words not mine'. Do you want to give a price for these or shall I just add it on myself when I post the next gen consoles v your amazing bargain PC thread? (lolz). Up to you.

We still need wi-fi, yeah I know the shit just keeps piling up but you started this and you can bet your life I'm going to finish it.

Vast majority of people have a PC. GTFOH rofl. Also, you don't need a license to use the PC. You need one to get Windows updates and some things. Your PC will work without an active Windows license.

4K Blu Ray player has **** all to do with gaming and doesn't change the experience, unlike online gaming. You can just download those movies or stream them. Else I'm gonna ask you to find a bunch of utilities PC's have that consoles don't, and you're going to look even more foolish by trying to argue what product offers more value outside of gaming.

Why do you need wi-fi? I thought it was optional lol.

@davillain- next time you're gonna tell me to lay off these insults, make sure to call out this guy first. He can't resist insulting people when we call him out for his nonsense.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#41 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

So what's gonna be the street price for this? $ 600+?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@blueinheaven: @Juub1990:

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

Vast majority of people have a PC. GTFOH rofl.

4K Blu Ray player has **** all to do with gaming and doesn't change the experience, unlike online gaming. You can just download those movies or stream them. Else I'm gonna ask you to find a bunch of utilities PC's have that consoles don't, and you're going to look even more foolish by trying to argue what product offers more value outside of gaming.

@davillain- next time you're gonna tell me to lay off these insults, make sure to call out this guy first. He can't resist insulting people when we call him out for his nonsense.

Most people I know don't have a PC or a laptop, they all have phones and/or tablets. No Windows license required for either. Even if they have a Windows license i.e. on a laptop they would have to stop using it i.e. shut it down to use it on the new PC. A standard Windows license is not a 'site' license. I am constantly amazed at how little you know about PC's.

Your PC build needs Windows or it's worthless. Add it. Your console beating/matching PC needs a 4K blu ray player because that's what the Series X has. You have this really weird problem where you think everyone should want ONLY what YOU want. That's not how the world works and you said you would 'match' these consoles so do it or STFU.

Windows, 4K bluray player, wi-fi, add them all and give me your new build and price. Thanks.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@lebanese_boy: yeah I need a new mobo and CPU before I touch anything else in my computer for a long time. Mine are olddd

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

Most people I know don't have a PC or a laptop, they all have phones and/or tablets. No Windows license required for either. Even if they have a Windows license i.e. on a laptop they would have to stop using it i.e. shut it down to use it on the new PC. A standard Windows license is not a 'site' license. I am constantly amazed at how little you know about PC's.

Your PC build needs Windows or it's worthless. Add it. Your console beating/matching PC needs a 4K blu ray player because that's what the Series X has. You have this really weird problem where you think everyone should want ONLY what YOU want. That's not how the world works and you said you would 'match' these consoles so do it or STFU.

Windows, 4K bluray player, wi-fi, add them all and give me your new build and price. Thanks.

Windows works without a license lol. You just don't get Windows updates and some functionalities.

Also, you have some nerves shitting on pc_rocks when you're the one who said a $399 GPU wouldn't match the consoles when it bitchslaps them. You're also comparing a 3700X to them which has been proven to shit on them after the deep-dives. "bu bu but muh 8 cores and 16 threads!!". Sure, that's what people claimed a year ago when we didn't know the full specs, but they're now out in the wild and you should know better before putting into question the knowledge of your betters.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Juub1990

@davillain- Alright.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

If you're willing to camp out at your local Micro Center yeah you can get one.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blueinheaven

@Juub1990 said:
@blueinheaven said:

Windows works without a license lol. You just don't get Windows updates and some functionalities.

Also, you have some nerves shitting on pc_rocks when you're the one who said a $399 GPU wouldn't match the consoles when it bitchslaps them. You're also comparing a 3700X to them which has been proven to shit on them after the deep-dives. "bu bu but muh 8 cores and 16 threads!!". Sure, that's what people claimed a year ago when we didn't know the full specs, but they're now out in the wild and you should know better before putting into question the knowledge of your betters.

I'm wondering now if you and pcrocks are one and the same. Whatever man, it's not for me to tell you to stop doing whatever makes you happy. All I'm going to say is people can and will judge and won't forget. Just, you know, saying.

We were all guessing with the new CPU's and GPU's and yep now it's all out there and here we still are with your hilarious claim that your console matching build would represent better value but hey it's okay, I won't be the one who decides. That's what you should be worried about.

I absolutely 100% guarantee people won't forget this on this forum, ever. You certainly won't... I predict a handle change but you know, there's no point, you can't help yourself and we'll all know it's you again but some people will pretend they don't know it's you so there's that to look forward to I suppose?

I'm off now, I'll be back after work tomorrow night. I expect your final build with prices and then off we go... oh this is going to be good.

Avatar image for masonshoemocker
masonshoemocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 masonshoemocker
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

I'm waiting to see the 3080 Ti in January which will supposedly come with 20GB memory. My 1080 Ti will hold me down till then

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Juub1990
@blueinheaven said:

I'm wondering now if you and pcrocks are one and the same. Whatever man, it's not for me to tell you to stop doing whatever makes you happy. All I'm going to say is people can and will judge and won't forget. Just, you know, saying.

We were all guessing with the new CPU's and GPU's and yep now it's all out there and here we still are with your hilarious claim that your console matching build would represent better value but hey it's okay, I won't be the one who decides. That's what you should be worried about.

I absolutely 100% guarantee people won't forget this on this forum, ever. You certainly won't... I predict a handle change but you know, there's no point, you can't help yourself and we'll all know it's you again but some people will pretend they don't know it's you so there's that to look forward to I suppose?

I'm off now, I'll be back after work tomorrow night. I expect your final build with prices and then off we go... oh this is going to be good.

But wait, there's more.

Sure, and before we go back on topic.

A standard 3070 won't destroy next gen consoles.