Any of your machines sitting there gathering dust or put away in a cupboard somewhere?

• 68 results
Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

For me it's my Xbox Series X and my Nintendo Switch.

The Xbox hasn't been on for over 6 months. I've really lost interest in it. My gaming PC is connected to 32" monitor and my LG C2 OLED. While it's no longer 'top of the line', it still has a powerful RTX 3080 and 13th Gen i5. It blows away my Xbox in both visuals and performance. With no exclusive Xbox games, there really isn't much point anymore. I guess I only keep it due to the amount of money I've spent on the Xbox brand over the years.

Nintendo Switch. I don't think I've turned it on for well over 18 months. It's back in it's carry case in a draw.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Warm_Gun  Online
Member since 2021 • 2461 Posts

Happens with every console.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59098 Posts

PC's just too good.

That's the problem.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts

Why buy a Series X if you have a gaming PC?

I have a 4090 PC and never considered a Series X for that reason.

I just went with the Series S for the kids and backward compatible titles.

My Series S sees plenty of use, especially now that I've RMA'd my 4090 and will be without it for a couple of weeks.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1310 Posts

Yea my PS5!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Yeah Switch and PS5 are big dust colelctors.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

I have no idea where my switch went. Last I turned on the thing was early 2022 for a few minutes.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58408 Posts

PS4.

Still a good console as far as whether or not it is relevant (i.e. has stuff to play on it), but I purchased it late into the generation for some exclusives and after enjoying Infamous Second Son and trying out a few other titles, I just sort of gave up on it as it wasn't worth it.

Been more or less sitting there for years lol. Doubt the controllers even have a charge still.

It was only $150 and I got enough joy out of it to justify it, but more importantly it taught me an important lesson: stick with PC, stick with the best, there's absolutely no reason to try out other platforms. Even for exclusives.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5271 Posts

If a console is one I have not used for months, I usually sell it than it collecting dust. I never see consoles of having any collective value and get rid of them if I have no need of them.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

My old PC (named budgie). 1500X, 16Gb of DDR4 3000MT/s and a vega 64 nitro +. The bits are back in their boxes as I don't have another case to put them in. Good to have a backup though just in case (actually did help when I discovered I had faulty ram). Enjoy the rest budgie: Well earned :).

I also have a PS3 in a box. I have no idea why I got the console really. Initially I had the launch fat model. That got the YLOD while playing Dark Souls 2 (series was already on thin ice with me....then DS 2 kills my Playstation >:(. "You Died" not rubbing it in enough From Software?! j/k). I didn't really play the system much though. But i felt compelled to replace it anyway for some bizarre reason. Guilty of "CONSOOOOM" i suppose :S. At this stage it's not even worth trading it in. The HDD is a bit nackered (it's the 60GB drive that came with my fat model) so replacing that before trading it in just makes it not worth it.

My Wiiu has been long retired. During Covid I went on a drive to clear the Wiiu Backlog...and that's pretty much done. The only thing outstanding is to finish BOTW but at this stage i think i'll just watch the ending......although I do have a bunch of wii games that need clearing too. Anyway won't be unboxing that again any time soon.

My Switch is kinda in limbo. At the moment it's in it's carry case but i was playing Bayonetta Origins, 3 (need to finish) and the Xenoblade 3 expansion on it earlier in the year. However i do still have a backlog on it. Games like Mario Xcom 2, Pikmin 4, Luigis Mansion 2 and 3, TOTK and a few others (not to mention games i have yet to finish too). However, at this stage, i'm thinking of waiting for the switch 2 and getting that, some switch 2 games (fingers crossed for MP4) and also play those switch games on it too. Maybe the switch 2 will enhance switch games in some way too..though Nintendos MO on that front is not great.

I havent played my 3DS in a while but there is still a backlog there too. Steam Deck and Funkey S have taken over the portable gaming time at the moment.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44322 Posts

Current gen systems, no. Previous gen systems, yes. Got some still hooked up but haven’t used them in a year or more. Have other systems packed up and put away.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69871 Posts
@saint-george said:

Yea my PS5!

PS5. There were no games of interest for me this year.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3081 Posts

I've got a fat PS3 that crapped out a year or two ago, and a 3DO I haven't touched in years. It might work 🤷‍♂️

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#14  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17838 Posts

All my consoles except for PS5, which I use to play NHL games mostly and some of the exclusives that are not on PC.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2950 Posts

My PS4. I do use it sometimes however to play For the King.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

My PS5 has gathered dust ever since I bought my RTX 4090 powered PC.

XSX is completely obsolete for someone like me and Switch is an archaic piece of trash I wouldn't even buy in 2005.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 286 Posts

I do have a 3ds, would still use more it if it weren't for Nintendo stoping support but now I use it for one of my cluster nodes when ever I'm not playing games for it , to make things run a little more smoothly on one of my other devices

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

My switch went from getting all my love to being the kid forgotten on vacation... I pay no attention to it anymore. Steam Deck absolutely murders it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59098 Posts

@TheEroica said:

My switch went from getting all my love to being the kid forgotten on vacation... I pay no attention to it anymore. Steam Deck absolutely murders it.

Tried to use Switch as a spring-board to get into Nintendo.

But in all honesty the 3DS was more succeful in that regard.

Switch had basically no games, and the games you could buy from their shitty Eshop were overpriced, worse versions of versions you could play on PC in superior format for about 1/4 the price.

Getting the 3DS late, had an absolute barrage of quality titles, significantly cheaper. And holding the thing didn't break my hands after 20 min.

Overall very disappointed with the Switch. It is now 100% a dust collector.

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 487 Posts

When I buy a console it usually stays hooked up until a new version or generation is released. I never put it back in a box and lock it away because a "new game didn't come out" that I like. It's not like all the previous games released have disappeared forever. That seems ridiculous to me. Also, I don't have things full of dust in my house.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

The ps5 has 1mm of a dust layer on top that i refuse to remove because it keeps the console warm and cozy.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

yes, I had a ps5 for 3 months and it was seriously collecting dust in that time frame. Luckily for me, back then the scalpers were going crazy and people were desperate, so I sold my ps5 for full price what I paid for it. In normal market conditions I would have taken a loss. Thank you to all the desparate cows, I got rid of my ps5 quickly.

Nowadays its mostly my switch that collects dust. My series X is getting a lot of action, but i'm also transitioning to the PC...so who knows whats going to happen in the future.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#23 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2961 Posts

my imaginery PS5 is collecting dust!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44617 Posts

All my consoles collect dust despite their use.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Right now, it's the Switch and PS5.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

My switch but its mostly because the table I use is very crowded currently with all of my stuff. I do not like using it outside of the dock. I do plan to use it more next year to when I buy both the TTYD remake and Super Mario Bros Wonder. I also have an xbox one lying around outside of my room but I haven't touched it since I got my S like two years ago.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pyro1245

@lamprey263 said:

Damn you're onto something. It seems that dust tends to collect most on things with which I am frequently in proximity. 🤔

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44617 Posts

@pyro1245: actually I think the ones I play the most gather even more dust due to the electrostatic attraction

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@super600 said:

My switch but its mostly because the table I use is very crowded currently with all of my stuff. I do not like using it outside of the dock. I do plan to use it more next year to when I buy both the TTYD remake and Super Mario Bros Wonder.

You have abandoned your roots, and i don't think that other sheep appreciate it.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Lol, no. I use what I buy. Don't waste my time with dust collectors.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By super600  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

My switch but its mostly because the table I use is very crowded currently with all of my stuff. I do not like using it outside of the dock. I do plan to use it more next year to when I buy both the TTYD remake and Super Mario Bros Wonder.

You have abandoned your roots, and i don't think that other sheep appreciate it.

I am still going to buy the next nintendo console and probably not at launch like the switch and wiiu.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pyro1245

@lamprey263 said:

@pyro1245: actually I think the ones I play the most gather even more dust due to the electrostatic attraction

lol I was thinking that I am just the most significant source of dust in the area

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By super600  Moderator
@pyro1245 said:
@lamprey263 said:

lol I was thinking that I am just the most significant source of dust in the area

My room seems to be a dust magnet. I rarely clean my series S, but I usually dust off my cable box and whatever else I can on my table. I lightly dust my wall mounted tv from time to time to with a dry cloth.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEroica  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:
@TheEroica said:

Tried to use Switch as a spring-board to get into Nintendo.

But in all honesty the 3DS was more succeful in that regard.

Switch had basically no games, and the games you could buy from their shitty Eshop were overpriced, worse versions of versions you could play on PC in superior format for about 1/4 the price.

Getting the 3DS late, had an absolute barrage of quality titles, significantly cheaper. And holding the thing didn't break my hands after 20 min.

Overall very disappointed with the Switch. It is now 100% a dust collector.

I had it in the ZOMG Witcher 3! Days of ownership where I couldnt believe that I was playing big gam s on the go. Nintendo, for me, can't seem to maintain momentum through an entire generation. The well dries up quick and many of their franchises don't appeal as much tk me. Once steam deck hit the true vision had arrived.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@super600 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@super600 said:

I am still going to buy the next nintendo console and probably not at launch like the switch and wiiu.

This is exactly what i mean. There isn't a single true sheep that isn't buying the next whatever from Nintendo on day one.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14812 Posts

Kept my older consoles; SNES, N64 and some handhelds. They're packed away. PC and PS5 are hooked up. There was dust on my PS5 for awhile but I've been using it lately.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@lamprey263 said:

Damn you're onto something. It seems that dust tends to collect most on things with which I am frequently in proximity. 🤔

this is wrong. Dust only collects when its not being used.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Pretty much the Switch now, but it's not actually collecting dust as it sits in a drawer inside its case. 😏

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56242 Posts

I don't let my PC/consoles collect dust. I'm a clean freak, so I will keep my gaming machines dust-free whenever possible. Even if the consoles I don't often use or barely turn on, I'll still make sure they're not covered in dust.

Living in a dusty house isn't good for your health or the air you breathe in.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

For me it's my PlayStation 5 and my Nintendo Switch.

My PS5 has only been on once in one year and probably won't be on in 2024. I am about to sell it since Sony chooses not to make any games for it. I can't stand gaming on PC. So my game console that gets played overtime is my Xbox Series X and the endless exclusives on it.

Nintendo Switch hasn't been turned on in a couple years.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheEroica  Moderator

@davillain said:

I don't let my PC/consoles collect dust. I'm a clean freak, so I will keep my gaming machines dust-free whenever possible. Even if the consoles I don't often use or barely turn on, I'll still make sure they're not covered in dust.

Living in a dusty house isn't good for your health or the air you breathe in.

My Xbox 360 and ps4 are currently battling it out over their collective dust towers....

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#42 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

The Switch. It is sad how little I use it lately.

The PS5 is my youtube machine lately as I can’t bring myself to play anything. I’d play Madden 24 but stupid EA doesn’t have a mid game save feature, seeing as I don‘t have the fortitude to play a complete game in one sitting.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12331 Posts

I haven't touched my Series S in months. I've been too busy with my PS5 to warrant booting it up.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16020 Posts

My PS4 hasn't been used in months. Not because I resent Sony, but because there hasn't been a whole lot to play. I have almost all of the games I wanted for the PS4. I'm satisfied with my Series X and Switch.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

My PS4 hasn't been used in months. Not because I resent Sony, but because there hasn't been a whole lot to play. I have almost all of the games I wanted for the PS4. I'm satisfied with my Series X and Switch.

Well Sony stopped making games for PS4. Time for you to upgrade.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46465 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

PC's just too good.

That's the problem.

Heck I barely play games on Epic or Origin because Steam is just too good.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44166 Posts

Nothing current gen, just old systems. :P

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

Over the years I've (sometimes regrettably- especially the Gamecube) sold almost everything I grew up with or ever had. If I still had my NES, Genesis, SNES, Gameboy Color, N64, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, WiiU, or Xbox One they would definitely be mostly boxed up XD

For the man cave now I just have a Series X and Switch permanently set up. They both get regular use and cleaned/dusted about once a month :)

Also have the NES, SNES, and Genesis mini's in their boxes on the bookshelf that occasionally get busted out.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

I have a Tamagotchi in one of my drawers. Does that count?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Nope, I use them often.