Anyone else disappointed with Microsoft again?

• 70 results
tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3738 Posts

I've had an Xbox since the 360 days and while the systems have been ok, I found myself every single gen feeling I bought the wrong system, wishing I had a PlayStation. Having switched to a PS4 in 2020 was awesome. I hardly play the Series S and gamepass is nothing but a bunch of boring indie games. This gen is more of the same from Microsoft. The Xbox just feels second class. Sony is just so far ahead that not even fallout and elder scrolls is going to make a difference for Microsoft.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

I agree. Enjoyed my Xbox One, can't say the same for my Series X.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34666 Posts

No. I wouldn't get an Xbox anyway. Or a PS. They would just stand there and look dumb. PS would look extra dumb, of course.

I guess you could say I'm dissapointed, in that sense that I've enjoyed their games in the past and don't anymore. But it's not like I expect them to start making games I like again.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

lmao...youre a delusional cow. The ps4 has a decent library, games like persona, tlou, uncharted, and a few others. PS5 has nothing except remasters and remakes, and its the reason you're buying a ps4 in 2020.

Its the reason why I sold my ps5 after 2 months...theres trash games, and if you already have an xbox with gamepass, you're not getting anything out of the ps5. Only difference is you pay $70 for the same games, at lower quality settings while you get them for free on xbox. Let that sink in.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39159 Posts

Stop being disappointed in your system. You have already wasted years of your life having nothing on your console of choice. Just look at what they've done to their flagship title. This should tell you everything about how they care about quality titles.

Sell it and grab a ps5 while there's still people searching for Xboxes. Soon, this thing will be just another Xbone 2.0.

Ragnarok for example, is the kind of high effort games you will never see on an Xbox.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sagemode87

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

lmao...youre a delusional cow. The ps4 has a decent library, games like persona, tlou, uncharted, and a few others. PS5 has nothing except remasters and remakes, and its the reason you're buying a ps4 in 2020.

Its the reason why I sold my ps5 after 2 months...theres trash games, and if you already have an xbox with gamepass, you're not getting anything out of the ps5. Only difference is you pay $70 for the same games, at lower quality settings while you get them for free on xbox. Let that sink in.

Why do you bother, no one cares what you think. You're a known troll here. I play my PS5 multiple times a week, can't remember the last time I touched my Series X. Xbox Series games are 70 too. To expensive? Get out of the basement and get a job. Games are same settings. Doubt that matters to you as most of you bought a Series S.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

If I didn't have a gaming PC and could only have one console....it would definitely be Series X.

Game Pass and having access to all Bethesda and Activision games are going to change the game.

So far, both Series and PS5 have been on the same level, that is mediocre. PS5 has had the better 2022, Series a better 2021. Next year is going to be insane for Series consoles, especially if they manage to get Call of Duty and Diablo 4 in game pass

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts
@Sagemode87 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Why do you bother, no one cares what you think. You're a known troll here. I play my PS5 multiple times a week, can't remember the last time I touched my Series X. Xbox Series games are 70 too. To expensive? Get out of the basement and get a job. Games are same settings. Doubt that matters to you as most of you bought a Series S.

Ironic of all people calling out others as trolls. Look in a mirror. And show us which first party games from MS are $70. We will wait.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts

The XSX itself is a great piece of hardware, but other than that, software just not as good as Sony or Nintendo. I have GamePass, have had it for several months, and barely use it. If you're someone who plays games at launch, there's not really a lot to offer with GamePass. A lot of it are games that have run through the gamut and are now being released on streaming for some remaining sales/marketing. Sure there are a few games that come at launch, but many of them are low key releases. As for first party, that is so far and few in-between and totally dependent on your interest in that game. And some people would rather just buy the game. After all, you're still just renting the game. But hardware wise, love the XSX with the exception of the controller which is last gen.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KvallyX
@tjandmia said:

I've had an Xbox since the 360 days and while the systems have been ok, I found myself every single gen feeling I bought the wrong system, wishing I had a PlayStation. Having switched to a PS4 in 2020 was awesome. I hardly play the Series S and gamepass is nothing but a bunch of boring indie games. This gen is more of the same from Microsoft. The Xbox just feels second class. Sony is just so far ahead that not even fallout and elder scrolls is going to make a difference for Microsoft.

This is my favorite gen so far from Xbox. Coincidentally this is my least favorite gen on PS 🤷‍♂️ PS feels second class to me.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blaznwiipspman1

@Sagemode87: lmao, you're one of the most butt hurt posters here. Lots of people care what I think, I bring a lot of import topics and information to the table.

BS you have an xsx, 😂, keep up the jokes.

Why would you waste $70 if you can get it much cheaper at higher quality settings for free?

P.S, I'm actually in the basement right now, it's nice and cool in here, rather than dealing with the heatwave upstairs.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44278 Posts

Nope, not me. Was very happy with the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. I really like what Microsoft built on for the Xbox Series X and very much look forward to getting one. Have a ton of games that I’m eager to check out on it both backwards compatible and the XSX versions of some games that I currently own. Also pretty hyped for a bunch of stuff that they are currently working on for future release.

Rewgle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rewgle
Member since 2022 • 409 Posts

I like my Series S, though it has less storage space than my One S. I would like it if there were more great exclusives, but to be completely honest I have a bunch of games now to work on that I haven't gotten around to.

My interest in Halo is definitely at a low right now, and I think the series was in its best shape on the 360.

I'm really spoiled for choice though. One of these days I'll go back and work on Divinity OS, or any of the other big games I have yet to work through. I have Persona coming later in the year. And at this point it's practically Fortnite all of the time so I'm usually occupied with that.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11133 Posts

Xbox: Shitting the bed since 2013

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69723 Posts

Nope! I used it more than the other two on the market by a large margin.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

The Xbox platform itself is whatever to me but my disappointment comes from Microsoft and their output of games vs the IP they control and how much they've mishandled a great deal of it.

Like I really wanted Halo Infinite to be that breath of fresh air the franchise needed while also returning to those roots of the first games with large open areas being taken to the next extreme. Coming up on a year and I'm still waiting for co-op to be added so friends and I can play together like we've done in the past.

It's like they can tease something but the follow through is where they trip up. Hey kids remember Conker? Yeah sure would have been nice if he had a game but here's Project Spark. Wouldn't it be cool to see Crackdown return with a proper budget and major sequel? Well here's a trailer full of empty promises. Banjo Kazooie anyone? We're just gonna Nuts and Bolts then forget about the whole thing.

Just not convinced they can handle all their recent acquisitions when they aren't handling everything they had before well.

I keep waiting for Microsoft to prove me wrong and it keeps turning into "next year" for quite a few years now.

At least with their PC efforts I don't have to invest in their hardware to play what few games of theirs do catch my interest but there's quite a few more I wish they would bring over like the Gears of War trilogy, Crackdown 1/2, Nuts and Bolts, Perfect Dark, Crimson Skies, Perfect Dark, Project Gotham Racing, Quake Wars, the list goes on and on. Somehow though I'm supposed to believe they will handle all these other defunct IP that have been rotting on Activision-Blizzard's shelves for years and years on top of all these other IP they can't do anything with let alone get older versions readily available.

Microsoft could be so much more but instead they just wanna do GamePass. Disappointing.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#18  Edited By pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3647 Posts

I haven't played my Series S as much as I did with the Xbox One. Though not really a lot of exclusives excite me besides Fable and Gears of War. I tried Halo but couldn't get into MasterChief Collection though Halo Infinite is good with the open world. I tried Forza Motorsport 7 and I enjoy it more than Gran Turismo 6.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#19 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2961 Posts

I am a little disappointed by this gen in general, it feels like neither camp brings alot to the table. Xbox BC is a strong point for Xbox but overshadowed by the fact that every game will always just look better on PC. Gamepass is on PC as well as all Xbox exclusives leaving the only incentive for buying this thing various split screen modes in the console versions of their games.

And then the price point.... Another $500 they want for series X. Jeez.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58380 Posts

Don't own a console but Game Pass is pretty awesome. Good range of games on there, lot's of stuff to experiment with from genres I'd normally not spend money on.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tjandmia

I'll pick up a PS5 in a few years when they're really available. Getting rid of my series s and not bothering with Microsoft this gen. PS4 staying with me for a while.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1

@tjandmia: lmao keep 🤡 ing. You have a series S?? Nobody believes that. Even if you do, you're so biased as a cow, that you would hate on your own purchase. Enjoy the PS5, you will be crying spending $70 on games that are free on game pass. At least you have your remasters and remakes though, can't wait to play tlou for the 5th time.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

Xbox has always lacked in the exclusive department. The variety in their games just isn't there (that's why they bought Bethesda and are trying to buy Activision-Blizzard). As Dunkey said, Xbox is the console you buy because your friends have Xbox.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sagemode87

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@tjandmia: lmao keep 🤡 ing. You have a series S?? Nobody believes that. Even if you do, you're so biased as a cow, that you would hate on your own purchase. Enjoy the PS5, you will be crying spending $70 on games that are free on game pass. At least you have your remasters and remakes though, can't wait to play tlou for the 5th time.

Gamepass is 180 bucks a year, hardly "free" 🤡

Lems need to stop the narrative that GamePass just has all the games anyone would want to play. You're still going to have to buy AAA 3rd party games. MS aren't releasing AAA games often either. 70 dollars for games isn't breaking the bank now if 60 was just fine 15 years ago. Inflation has affected everything, can't expect games to stay the same price. If you expect gaming to be a charity, get another hobby. Developers have to eat too.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Seriously, how poor are you? Would a $399 purchase break your bank that badly? Maybe gaming as a hobby just isn't for you.

I've purchase every console each new generation simply because I can. I also have an updated gaming PC.

Why only settle for one?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@tjandmia said:

I'll pick up a PS5 in a few years when they're really available. Getting rid of my series s and not bothering with Microsoft this gen. PS4 staying with me for a while.

Just switch now and be done with it if that's where your preference is.

PS4 is still doing a good job, PS5 is just playing PS4 games though. So you probably have everything you need right now. My personal impressions of Dualsense so far with Spider-Man are, I actually prefer the DS4, it's more comfortable and has been very impressive on my use with the PC and PSNow.

Each to their own. I play my Series S all the time. Haven't played a PS exclusive that has impressed me. Glad I didn't buy a PS4 for Spider-Man which was a temptation.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tjandmia

@blaznwiipspman1: Meh. Gamepass is boring. Bunch of indie games. I never play my series s anymore, but I do still have pc gamepass, which I get for free through ms rewards. The service sucks. Not enough worth playing. Halo was fun for a while, but it's boring now. What are these awesome games that I'm going to play $70 for that I can pay for free on gamepass?

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 912 Posts

Just wish they were offering more new games from their studios this year after acquiring so many.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

I'm not really disappointed, but I did actually expect them to actually release more games. They are willing to spend almost 100 billion dollars just to acquire publishers and keep games off of Playstation, but there isn't much to show at all. They could have spent all of that money hiring new talent to make new games.

I also expected Halo Infinite to hit the ground running and be a system seller, but it's turned out to be a long, wet fart. If this is how they handle their flagship, it doesn't look good for the rest of their lineup. They can tout Gamepass as the best deal or whatever when they are practically giving it away for free, but this is not going to be sustainable for them, especially since people are still waiting.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KvallyX

Who knew. Cows don’t use Xbox.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@tjandmia: Yeah, so you saying you pay for Gamepass on series S and get pc Gamepass for free through rewards just told us what everybody already knew….you’re lying through your back teeth.

Seriously, grow up.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

@tjandmia said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Fakeboys. LMAO.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I was a huge xbox fans from the original to the 360, but once that showcasing for the xbox 1 showed, I went PS4 and now PS5. Its the best choice I made, but I am also sad that MS consoles going down the drain, because the 360 had many amazing games and it just seems that MS doesn't care anymore, except for Sub numbers.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

I really like the Series X, PS5, and Switch. My only disappointment is the lack of new games for all three...

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Hopefully in the next couple of years their first party stuff gets better due to the acquisitions.

I finally had a chance to get a Series X today but I talked myself out of it since there is nothing exclusive that I want to play. I might try to go for one again when Starfield comes out.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Cow Circle Jerk threads are the worst.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tjandmia

@kuu2: Man, stop making excuses for Microsoft's bad decisions. The console sucks again this gen and it doesn't l look like it's going to get any better.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8157 Posts

The most powerful console hardware in the Series X, the most affordable console hardware in the Series S, the most versatility with full PC support, the most reach with full cloud support, along with the best overall gaming subscription service in Game Pass..

This is not even to mention the insane investment in first party studios to include Bethesda and (potentially) Activision/Blizzard with household name IPs like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, and Call of Duty.. This investment has already resulted in Microsoft finally winning best publisher last year according to Metacritic..

This is the most impressive and hungry Microsoft/Xbox has ever been.. If you aren't impressed with their efforts, there is literally nothing they could do to impress you..

Now if you're unimpressed with this generation as a whole, that's a different conversation.. And yeah, 2022 is a bust due to delays but delays are common for all parties at this point..

Sounds like a cow insecurity thread more than anything else..

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

I was more dissapointed with my ps pro purchase than my series x,I know a feast games are coming Xbox's way from early next year onwards all on the most powerful console in the world👍

GT7 and horizon forbidden West have already flopped,only god of war left in a disastrous few years for Sony after seeing dozens of franchises disappear from the system through Xbox purchases

Sony is in last place and you can't play sales

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

When compared to X360, most definitely. We play Minecraft mostly on the SX and It takes two. The framerate and auto HDR modes need a minimum res of 1440p, they're pretty much useless now. I'm tired of Forza, I've beaten Halo Infinite, Gears etc.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

So Demon Souls, Rift Apart, and Returnal are on the Xbox?

Interesting….

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ermacness
@dabear said:
@tjandmia said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Fakeboys. LMAO.

Why are the fake? Because they don’t worship MS the way you guys do?

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blaznwiipspman1

@ermacness: who cares about demon souls when you can play belden ring instead? Meh on rift apart, and I'll play returnal on PC.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ermacness

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ermacness: who cares about demon souls when you can play belden ring instead? Meh on rift apart, and I'll play returnal on PC.

But you clearly said: “Only difference is that you pay 70$ for the SAME games, at lower quality settings while you get them for free on the Xbox“

So I’m asking you Can you play Demon Souls, Rift Apart, and Returnal on the Xbox?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

@ermacness: Because if anyone looks at what is on the roadmap for Xbox, s/he will laugh at your rediculous comments.

I'll remind you of this conversation during the holidays next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

On paper, Xbox has never been better. If your issue is the execution, you’d have a point. But even with the lack of production on the software side, Xbox is still competitive. And whenever the games start coming, as long as the wait may be, Xbox will be in an even better spot.

I don’t understand how a person could be happy with the first 2 years of the Xbox One, but disappointed with the Series X. That doesn’t compute to me.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blaznwiipspman1

@ermacness: yes, Microsoft windows PC and Xbox are synonymous.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ermacness

@dabear said:

@ermacness: Because if anyone looks at what is on the roadmap for Xbox, s/he will laugh at your rediculous comments.

I'll remind you of this conversation during the holidays next year.

If you’re quoting me on what me and blazn was debating about then what I gave to say to you is: stop deflecting. Go read what blazn originally said, and then come talk to me.

Just didn’t want you to look like a complete fool and all.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ermacness
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@ermacness: yes, Microsoft windows PC and Xbox are synonymous.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That desperation!!!!

You can’t make this up!