Are lemmings annoyed by Mr. Spencer's recent statements that Xbox cannot win against Sony and Nintendo?

• 99 results
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Are lemmings annoyed by Mr. Spencer's recent statements that Xbox cannot win against Sony and Nintendo? (65 votes)

I'm annoyed that Phil has stated clearly that as a console Xbox can never beat Playstation or Nintendo. I want Xbox to beat Sony and Nintendo. 23%
I'm not annoyed that Phil has stated clearly that as a console Xbox can never beat Playstation or Nintendo. I don't care that Xbox will always lose to Sony and Nintendo. 45%
I have a PC. These things are beneath me. 31%

So, what is it, my lemming dudes? Has Phil annoyed you by stating definitively that Xbox cannot out-console Sony or Nintendo? Or do you not care.

For what it's worth, which is not much, my vote is eat lentil soup.

Health tip for the day: lentil soup is mental fruit.

No Caption Provided

Enjoy a bowl of mental fruit today.

• 
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I don’t think lems actually care. From their recent post, it seem they are happy with just playing flops and losing to the almighty PS5

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8445 Posts

I dunno. From my observations Playstation fans seem to care and cause a stir over Phil Spencer more than anyone.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts
Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@jaydan: One thing's for sure, the dude caused a stir across the internetz with that interview.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Lentil soup can be some good eats. Can also be trash. Only eat it if I'm with the fam, Egyptians know how to do it up. Hits the spot in the winter time, like a good bowl of chili.

Don't keep up with console shite much, definitely don't keep up with whatever corpo Chess they're playing at the moment.

If you enjoy whatever's provided on the box you bought, that's all that matters. Gonna guess most Xbox owners are in that camp. Yeah if you're one of these loyalty weirdos on the sideline like "just wait guys, oh just wait, some day, we're almost there, ahhhh" well yeah, wtf are you doing lol. Get another box, enjoy games (not the waiting game), be happy.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts
@daredevils2k said:

I don’t think lems actually care. From their recent post, it seem they are happy with just playing flops and losing to the almighty PS5

That's the consensus I got.

But we all know they are liars who have just have flip floppeed and adjusted their narrative to fit the situation MS put them in based on the hype they came in this generation with about of 12Tflops, and "wait til MS 1st party exclusives come, they'll blow ur PS5 exclusive games away".

THEN

MS told them they don't care about creating multi-million dollar, high quality, AAA 1st party blockbuster games for their $500 Xbox Series X consoles they sold them. Now they have to play this role to save face as if they knew all along they were buying $500 Xbox One X Pros.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@ConanTheStoner said:

Lentil soup can be some good eats. Can also be trash. Only eat it if I'm with the fam, Egyptians know how to do it up. Hits the spot in the winter time, like a good bowl of chili.

Hell yeah man. Lentil soup the shit. Good in the cold months yeah, but also if you got brain fog going on for whatever reason. Eat lentils for a week, ur doots will smell like hell but you'll be thinking clearly. One of nature's many medicines.

On topic: PC.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average
@jaydan said:

I dunno. From my observations Playstation fans seem to care and cause a stir over Phil Spencer more than anyone.

Sony fans are just rubbing the moronic arguments ignorant xboys tried to run with for the past 2 years back in their face.

Don't get mad

Xbox fans where the fools who actually argued they'd still get AAA quality games on the level of Sony exclusives on this cheap rental service.

We're just gloating about being right about how stupid you all were. Of course xbox fans don't want to eat that crow or talk about it NOW!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

Don’t know, don’t care. 🤷‍♂️

I’m just a gamer who enjoys a variety of games, products, and services. Always have been, always will be.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3457 Posts

This interview generated a lot of concern.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6430 Posts

@nod_calypse: Why are you cows so obsessed with everything Xbox?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap: PC guy, bruh. Just discussion. And popcorn.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

Whoever wins, we lose

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse said:

Your posts suggest otherwise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@R4gn4r0k: Lol, probably true. But man, under Trump shit was running well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@last_lap said:
@nod_calypse said:

Your posts suggest otherwise.

Lol, well how bout this post:

I give thousands to Microsoft every year across several subscription services, and overall love their PC business...minus some niggling annoyances. In other words, Microsoft is part of my daily life.

I just think Xbox is trash. But it wasn't trash back in the day, quite the opposite, really.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: If you say so, I will just judge on the posts, which is all one can do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap: Well, yeah. I post about PC all the time. And how Xbox is trash. I have a PS5, but never play it. Like older PS consoles for sure, like ps1 n shit. Plus og Xbox/360. Shit was good back then

That bout sums it up.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

I'm a PC guy but after hearing what he said I think he should step down from being leader of Xbox his defeatist attitude and lack of hands on approach with their studios explains why Xbox is so consistent in mediocrity. He made good decisions with creating Gamepass, acquiring Zenimax, and making two tier Xbox consoles to appeal to different demographics budgets but his mistakes heavily out weigh it. Phil has shown himself to be an incompetent leader.

Arkane have made Xbox look like fools because they released Deathloop a timed exclusive for PS5 in great condition with high praise and then their first Xbox console exclusive Redfall is a dumpster fire that no amount of patching will fix. Arkane has shown that Xbox will let their developers get away with anything and Phil will lie straight to our faces that the upcoming game is going to be amazing when he knows its trash.

I think Xbox being backed by a trillion dollar company like Microsoft encourages this mediocrity because they're not dependent on it for their income like Sony and Nintendo are. The types of mistakes Microsoft made would be far more severe to Sony and Nintendo. I'd imagine if Xbox wasn't owned by Microsoft and was its own company or owned by a smaller one, they'd lose a lot of shares and investors because of what Phil said and the constant flops. Nobody wants to invest in a guy who is dead set on being last place especially when they got the resources to change it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@NoodleFighter said:

I'm a PC guy but after hearing what he said I think he should step down from being leader of Xbox his defeatist attitude and lack of hands on approach with their studios explains why Xbox is so consistent in mediocrity.

I gotta say I agree. That bit about defeatist tude and mediocrity is spot on. I mean, back in the day, shit was good with Xbox, plenty of dope games. Now it sucks. And that sucks.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Lems are in a rough spot right now. It’s almost as though a lot of them are coming to the realization that their chosen platform has been a dookie pile for the last 10 years. Phil Spencer throwing in the towel is the final push

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

The Xbox-ABK deal will cause PlayStations forclosure if it goes through...Jim Ryan

Cows must be terrified... you're welcome at Xbox and windows pc 👍

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By above_average
@simple-facts said:

The Xbox-ABK deal will cause PlayStations forclosure if it goes through...Jim Ryan

This is sad.

The only response these guys can come back with is attempting to acquire ANOTHER publisher that has already been blocked.

They wont even speak on the other 23 studios MS owned since 2018 that haven't produced anything of quality so far. It shows that xbox fans know MS can't win without creating some type of anti-consumer monopoly.

Now that CMA blocked the deal, xboys don't even want to consider MS actually standing on their own feet and producing games from the studios they ALREADY own to compete with Sony and Nintendo the organic way.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: Your posts suggest otherwise, its like you hate people who game on Xvox, I mean calling an entire fanbase Xboners is a childish insult that says a LOT about your hate of said fanbase.

So why do you hate on the people who want to play on Xbox?

PS...it was obvious you own a PS5, you didn't even need to say it 🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@last_lap said:

@nod_calypse: Your posts suggest otherwise, its like you hate people who game on Xvox, I mean calling an entire fanbase Xboners is a childish insult that says a LOT about your hate of said fanbase.

So why do you hate on the people who want to play on Xbox?

PS...it was obvious you own a PS5, you didn't even need to say it 🤣

Lol, youre buggin dunny. That's just messing around. No need to take it serious. I mean, hell, I game on Xbox myself, older stuff, mostly. Playing Fable lately, granted, ya know, PC magic.

Shit, I don't hate anybody. Already laid it out for you, but you got this weird itch. Take a breath cuz.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Last_Lap

@above_average: Sony is closing a studio you've never even heard of and yet you know MS has 23 studios. Maybe you should dedicate some of your time to get to know Sony and its devs 🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: I just asked a simple question as to why you hate on people playing on Xbox?

You're the one calling people Xboners and creating threads about lems, you're the one with an itch to scratch it seems, keep scratching 🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap: Nah, man, really. Dont hate nobody. Take it easy. All decent.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: Hate is a strong word, so lets change it. Why do people who game on Xbox strike a nerve with you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@last_lap: They don't bruh. Like said, that ain't serious. It the brand I got a bone with. Used to be dope, aren't now. Sucks. Wish it was like the old days. Xbox studios used to put out dope shit.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Last_Lap

@nod_calypse: If you say so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@above_average: The whole buying another whale to compete convo is damn tiring.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39410 Posts

Lems are currently in the acceptance phase. They know they lost the war. They know that there is no talent on their side. They know that the management is the worst ever seen in the gaming industry. Its real sad and pathetic what has happened to MS and their fans.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

Seems he's backing up his focus to having Xbox be a UWP ecosystem (console, PC, cloud) and not trying to compete with Sony and Nintendo with a strict console-only focus. I see nothing wrong with the statement, but see issue with people trying to interpret what he said to claim that he's throwing in the towel all together and/or not giving up trying to make quality games. And that's not what he's saying, yet, people are trying to interpret it that way, I take issue with that more than what he actually said.

I think his statement about how having quality exclusives won't change the console market balance is mixed. Again this is about the importance of the UWP focus helping keeping the Xbox ecosystem relevant. I do think long term establishing a pattern of timely quality offerings will change that balance, but, it will take time.

It would go a long way though to not have people interpret things the way they are though if they simply released a definitive next gen game on their console and services. That'd be a start.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

I often see people say, "Phil made a lot of mistakes, but but Game Pass..."

But is Game Pass really that attractive to the average casual gamer in general? For example, here is a list of the top 20 best-selling games of 2022 in North America according to NPD, and how many of these games can you play if you subscribe to GP?

1. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare II
  2. Elden Ring
  3. Madden NFL 23
  4. God Of War: Ragnarök
  5. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  6. Pokémon: Scarlet/Violet
  7. FIFA 23
  8. Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  9. Horizon II: Forbidden West
  10. MLB: The Show 22
  11. Mario Kart 8
  12. Call Of Duty: Vanguard
  13. Gran Turismo 7
  14. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  15. NBA 2K23
  16. Sonic Frontiers
  17. Gotham Knights
  18. Minecraft
  19. Nintendo Switch Sports
  20. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Only a few, including Minecraft, are playable on GP. (But I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to pay $15/month to play a $20 game...) So for the majority of casual gamers who only play FIFA, Madden, Call of Duty (or the occasional blockbuster like Elden Ring) every year, GP seems to have little appeal. Needless to say, it also has little appeal to the majority of Sony and Nintendo first-party game fans, who make up a large portion of the gaming community.

Also, you may hear some non-casual gamers say "but but indie games...". But I’m skeptical about that as well. For example, many recent well-received indie games such as Stray (which won Best Debut Indie at TGA last year), Sifu, Neon White, Cult of the Lamb, Rogue Legacy 2, Not For Broadcast, The Case of the Golden Idol, Dead Cells, Vernal Edge, and many others are not included in Game Pass. Also, because indie games are relatively inexpensive, it is often cheaper in the long run to just buy and own them than to keep paying $15 per month for rent. So I doubt it is as good as an "Indie Pass".

I think Phil's only saving grace, GP, should also be examined to see if it's actually that attractive to many gamers other than Xbox fanboys.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Randy_Lahey

@last_lap: are you in yet another thread crying about poor Xbox? Lmao

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

Fake rage is always fun to watch and the fake rage from Sony fannies are always the funniest.😂

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@randy_lahey: Why do you reply to my comments projecting your emotions all the time?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4387 Posts

another no one cares. i do find it funny.

you point on sony firsy party games...

90% of them ever made all the way back to ps1 . most never sold well/did not help sell the console/never got another game.

they simple cannot understand that. the will refuse to look at the list. already happen 3 times in debate i had else where online. same thing happens every time.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts
@above_average said:
@simple-facts said:

This is sad.

The only response these guys can come back with is attempting to acquire ANOTHER publisher that has already been blocked.

They wont even speak on the other 23 studios MS owned since 2018 that haven't produced anything of quality so far. It shows that xbox fans know MS can't win without creating some type of anti-consumer monopoly.

Now that CMA blocked the deal, xboys don't even want to consider MS actually standing on their own feet and producing games from the studios they ALREADY own to compete with Sony and Nintendo the organic way.

Firstly, it's 2020, not 2018. Secondly, you're a hypocrite. Sony using 3rd party exclusives is also a soft form of anti consumer monopoly. It's just an acceptable practice, but it leads to the same thing. It's still anti consumer. If you're blocking games on other platforms on the "open market" as you call it, it's the exact same thing. The only difference is perminance of the deals. But the impact it has on the competition and the consumer is the same: Limited access to consumers and competition can not grow and flourish. Don't kid yourself, that's the whole point of exclusives.

And stop changing history. The only reason non PS fans celebrate these types of deals like ABK is because of Sony's tired obsession with exclusives. It wasn't just Xbox fans, everyone was saying the same thing "it's a bit much, but I can't blame them, Sony had it coming".

The only reason Xbox fans care about exclusives, is sticking it to Playstation fans who have been telling us "only exclusives count as games" since the PSOne. Otherwise I don't think Xbox fans actually care who else plays Xbox games. On the other hand you guys called Jim Ryan a "traitor" for bringing games to the PC.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@above_average:

Your reply

Translated to

Shit he's triggered me.🤣

The deal will still go through,may I recommend hi FI rush as the first Xbox studios game you play on your new series x when Sony close the doors and pull down the shutters on PlayStation

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

All Xbox, all the time, 24/7/365.

It's good to be the King!! lol :P

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@nod_calypse: The only thing I am annoyed by are the dozen of so "XBox doom/Phil Spencer" threads.

The System Wars Cow has about as much memory retention as the actual bovine.

Before this gen started, everyone said "for MS, it will be all about game pass", but now you buffoons are acting like that was never discussed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@dabear said:

@nod_calypse: The only thing I am annoyed by are the dozen of so "XBox doom/Phil Spencer" threads.

Grease pot.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Randy_Lahey

@last_lap said:

@randy_lahey: Why do you reply to my comments projecting your emotions all the time?

Lol yes I’m the one rushing to every thread all teary eyed and upset when someone disrespects my favourite corp

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap

@randy_lahey said:
@last_lap said:

Lol yes I’m the one rushing to every thread all teary eyed and upset when someone disrespects my favourite corp

My favourite corp as you call it is Sega. And you're the one replying to me with your tears.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 291 Posts

Here's the thing, he's not lying by saying xbox will never "out console" Sony or Nintendo. Here's why:

MS is a software company, not a hardware company. They don't give a shit about hardware sales. What MS want is the software, that's why they try and buy up all the big software publishers. Their only goal is to make Gamepass an unbeatable deal on as many devices as possible.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@D4RKL1NG said:

Here's the thing, he's not lying by saying xbox will never "out console" Sony or Nintendo. Here's why:

MS is a software company, not a hardware company. They don't give a shit about hardware sales. What MS want is the software, that's why they try and buy up all the big software publishers. Their only goal is to make Gamepass an unbeatable deal on as many devices as possible.

That has literally been said and known by most here for at least 4-5 years but yet we get this disingenuous, intellectually dishonest false narrative blather of a thread all the time.

The biggest reason why you may ask...

Nuff said. lol :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@SecretPolice said:
@D4RKL1NG said:

That has literally been said and known by most here for at least 4-5 years but yet we get this disingenuous, intellectually dishonest false narrative blather of a thread all the time.