• 89 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you hyped for GTA 6? (82 votes)

Yes 37%
No 63%

https://www.gamesradar.com/gta-6-needs-to-be-the-best-it-can-possibly-be-says-rockstar/

GTA 6 needs to be "the best it can possibly be" says Rockstar

Grand Theft Auto 6 needs to "exceed players’ expectations," according to Rockstar.

Late last week, the studio announced it would be ending ongoing development for Red Dead Online, as its shifts resources to developing GTA 6. It went overlooked at the time, but as Push Square(opens in new tab) first reported, Rockstar makes a brief mention of its hotly-anticipated game when writing about Red Dead Online.

"Over the past few years, we have been steadily moving more development resources towards the next entry in the Grand Theft Auto series," the blog post on Rockstar Newswire reads. "Understanding more than ever the need to exceed players’ expectations and for this next entry to be the best it can possibly be," the post continues.

This is the only time Rockstar has commented on the new game in the GTA series since it was first announced earlier this year. At the time, Rockstar actually announced the new game in a similar fashion, sneaking it into a Rockstar Newswire post about ongoing developments in GTA Online.

According to recent news, , Rockstar won’t be doing the Red Dead Redemption or GTA 4 remasters for now. And now they they’re ending development for Red Dead Online. So it sounds like they’re focused on GTA 6. Are you excited, SW? I kinda am.. it’s been so long since GTA 5 came out lol. Hopefully it’s a lot more fun than 5. I also look forward to seeing what the next gen GTA looks like!

• 
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59068 Posts

Stopped caring at 4.

Suspect as well, they will go all out with the greed to the point it will no longer be restricted to MP or re-releases.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

Nope!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

I can't remember the last time I cared much for a Rockstar game.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

Yes sir. Love me some GTA.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

No, nope, nada. :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24956 Posts

No. It will be trash like any GTA game. but mainstream media going to praise it like best thing ever.

non gamers are gonna loose their mind "OMG GEE TEE AEEE".

it will break sell record and proven my point that bad things sell more.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2252 Posts

@ghosts4ever: but stalker and metro sold like shit and they are terrible??🤔🤔🤔

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@djoffer123 said:

@ghosts4ever: but stalker and metro sold like shit and they are terrible??🤔🤔🤔

Thats why they are incredible games.

they sold under their core fanbase. most of non gamers does not know these games exist at all.

GTA is mainstream trash lol. STALKER shits on any GTA.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

No. Not yet anyway.

My history with GTA

• GTA III - I played through a good portion of it. Even with resorting to weapon cheats I got frustrated with it at some point and never finished it.
  • GTA SA - I rented it and sent it back after a couple of hours played. I didn't like what I played.
  • GTA IV - I rented it and sent it back after about 8 hours played. I didn't enjoy it enough to keep playing.
  • GTA V - I rented it and finshed it. Pretty good , but I had hoped the gameplay/controls were better. I didn't play any online.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

GTA is one of my favourite series ever, such a great parody of crime movies, 80s-90s pop culture and American pop culture.

However, I'm not sure why I should be hyped in the slightest for GTA 6. It's clear GTA O is the big money maker here and Take Two will go all in on the online component, besides that:

1. Dan Houser left (lead writer)
  2. Lezlie Benzies left (lead producer)
  3. Lazlow left (head of radio stations and music in GTA games)
Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2440 Posts

Don't like the writing anymore, don't like the humor, don't like the controls/mechanics, don't like the restrictive mission structure, don't like the arcade car handling (downgraded from IV).

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44275 Posts

No, at least not yet. Really enjoyed GTAV so I’m sure I’ll get hyped for GTAIV whenever it gets officially announced and shown off.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@warm_gun said:

Don't like the writing anymore, don't like the humor, don't like the controls/mechanics, don't like the restrictive mission structure, don't like the arcade car handling (downgraded from IV).

Yeah GTA V was a step down from GTA IV in every way, but of course the masses flocked to GTA O, making it perhaps the most lucrative game in history.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@warm_gun said:

Yeah GTA V was a step down from GTA IV in every way, but of course the masses flocked to GTA O, making it perhaps the most lucrative game in history.

lot of non gamers looses their mind seeing GTA 6 announcement at facebook.

lot of my friends who barely play games calling it "you will forget everygame once it will release"

wonder what rockstar market is for? Lowest common denominator.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

How can I be hype for GTA6 when there's nothing to show for it? Plus I don't like the current Rockstars we have now. I really can't tell you if I'll buy GTA6 when it comes out but man, I had to struggle to beat GTAV however. Assuming they had a female lead, then you might have my full attention.

Red Dead games I for one enjoy those as I prefer western made by Rockstars. If they are working on a new Red Dead game, I would be all over it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39137 Posts

I never cared about GTA to begin with.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9860 Posts

Yes, of course 😁! Best part of a new GTA is all the hype and the first few hours of the game when you are just in awe. Can the game world really be this awesome? Unfortunately after a while your brain starts to see the world as the empty shell it is, but those first hours are still golden!

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1253 Posts

No.

Will probably play it when I can get it dirt cheap (likely used) as i do wanna experience the city/world they create ...but I doubt anything else about it will be particularly good

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

Nope.

4 was poo. 5 looks poo. 6 will be poo.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Yeah but you were hyped for Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves. :P

@SecretPolice said:

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Not really. I'm sure I will play it eventually, though.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

I tried one of the PS2 ones and i disliked it ... haven't been interested on this franchise since.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 674 Posts

GTA is one of the worst and most over-hyped games in gaming history. I do not understand the mass appeal of the POS,

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7254 Posts

It difficult to get hyped when the game is probably 4-5 years out.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

No. I'm one of few people who never played GTA V and I'm ok w/ skipping out on this.

I am excited for the next Red Dead, though.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#27 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19581 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: GTA5 is definitely not the most lucrative game in history. There are a number of arcade, mobile and PC games that have made way more money than GTA5. But it's the most lucrative console game in history.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jag85

Haven't been hyped for GTA since San Andreas.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45235 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Yeah but you were hyped for Crackdown 3 and Sea of Thieves. :P

@SecretPolice said:

Ouch, he got you there @SecretPolice

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

No. I'm one of few people who never played GTA V and I'm ok w/ skipping out on this.

I am excited for the next Red Dead, though.

Totally this! I'd take a new Red Dead over GTA and GTA needs to take a long break.

@Jag85 said:

@R4gn4r0k: GTA5 is definitely not the most lucrative game in history. There are a number of arcade, mobile and PC games that have made way more money than GTA5. But it's the most lucrative console game in history.

Not to mention they keep re-releasing every version for every next-gen consoles. I'm surprised Rockstars hasn't tried releasing GTAV on Switch.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

73% voted no. Lmao. I am unbelievably hyped for GTA 6. Especially if it ends up being GTA VI(ce).

Rockstar North is one of the top 5, (top 4 even as its on the Mt. Rushmore) of video game developers. Its almost guaranteed to be 95+ on MC.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

No, I don't get hyped for games anymore and plus I need to see a trailer and some gameplay Rockstar have alot to prove after living off Shark cards for close to a decade. Also they lost alot of important people to the series like Dan Houser and Leslie Benzies I'm more concerned about the SP part of the game being a afterthought for online.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10475 Posts

yep i'm curious what they'll have up their sleeve. i had some cracking times with the gta games in the noughties, new gta day used to be a bit of an occasion with me and mates. now theyre not really catering for me anymore which is a bit sad because they're a very talented studio who make incredibly polished and detailed games, unfortunately now only very occasionally

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

Rockstar will need to go above and beyond with GTA 6. People's taste in gaming has changed over the years

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 omegaMaster
@Macutchi said:

yep i'm curious what they'll have up their sleeve. i had some cracking times with the gta games in the noughties, new gta day used to be a bit of an occasion with me and mates. now theyre not really catering for me anymore which is a bit sad because they're a very talented studio who make incredibly polished and detailed games, unfortunately now only very occasionally

I would love to see GTA 6 take place in England, Mexico, Russia, or Asia. This is something Rockstar hasn't touched on in a long time.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jag85

@omegamaster: If they changed the setting to somewhere outside America, then that might make me interested. The last time they did that was GTA London back in the pre-GTA3 days. I'd really like to see a GTA London in 3D... Or even a GTA Scotland, the forgotten homeland of GTA.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

Nah.

At this point GTA is just another open-world game in a world full of open-world games.

Did not much care for GTA V and RDR 2 is one of the most overblown and overhyped games I've ever played. Amazing quality, just not a lot of fun.

@warmblur said:

No, I don't get hyped for games anymore...

Same. I still enjoy gaming, but my tastes have changed. They continue to change, to be honest. Who knows maybe in ten years I might actually look forward to GTA games.

Most of my game purchases are done not through hype, but by loading up Steam or GoG and seeing something that catches my eye.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By omegaMaster
@Jag85 said:

@omegamaster: If they changed the setting to somewhere outside America, then that might make me interested. The last time they did that was GTA London back in the pre-GTA3 days. I'd really like to see a GTA London in 3D... Or even a GTA Scotland, the forgotten homeland of GTA.

Exactly. It's been 23 years since GTA London. Rockstar needs to spice it up. It will get boring if GTA took place in the USA again for the 4th consecutive time - no offense to Americans.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Rockstar and Take-Two give no real reason to be excited for GTA VI after the lessons learned from V and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Single player DLC got canned for V in order to go all in on GTA Online to the point where full blown simulated gambling is now in the game. None of the online content is available in the single player side including vehicles, weapons, and such which could easily fit into the game to spice things up. They also made an attempt to come after the modding community at one point because separating the Online mode into its own game was asking too much cause they need an excuse to keep selling it.

Then there's Red Dead Redemption 2 which is an outstanding game but received extremely little support once it was out the gate. The online side is a ghost town and completely abandoned by the development team so they can focus on GTA VI and once again we see no single player DLC or anything coming after the fact. Compared to what Red Dead Redemption saw with Undead Nightmare this just feels like a huge missed opportunity.

I get the feeling GTA VI will gear everything towards getting you into the online mode where they can nickel and dime you at every turn with microtransactions and skip the grind incentives. Once Rockstar and Take-Two saw how much money GTA Online makes you can tell where their focus shifted to.

And with how the GTA Trilogy turned out plus Rockstar apparently canning everything single player focused from a GTA IV remake to Red Dead Redemption.

The people who made the prior games special are gone. I don't want to play an online grindfest where griefing is the flavor of every day.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Not really. Stopped caring at 4, too much focus on unimportant stuff. 5 was the a good move in the right direction, but still I was kinda indifferent with it.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#41 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1179 Posts

I didn’t like GTA V on PS4. I like the PS5 version a lot. It is so much better with 60fps and graphical improvements. Yes, I am hyped for GTA VI.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@kejigoto said:

Rockstar and Take-Two give no real reason to be excited for GTA VI after the lessons learned from V and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Single player DLC got canned for V in order to go all in on GTA Online to the point where full blown simulated gambling is now in the game. None of the online content is available in the single player side including vehicles, weapons, and such which could easily fit into the game to spice things up. They also made an attempt to come after the modding community at one point because separating the Online mode into its own game was asking too much cause they need an excuse to keep selling it.

Then there's Red Dead Redemption 2 which is an outstanding game but received extremely little support once it was out the gate. The online side is a ghost town and completely abandoned by the development team so they can focus on GTA VI and once again we see no single player DLC or anything coming after the fact. Compared to what Red Dead Redemption saw with Undead Nightmare this just feels like a huge missed opportunity.

I get the feeling GTA VI will gear everything towards getting you into the online mode where they can nickel and dime you at every turn with microtransactions and skip the grind incentives. Once Rockstar and Take-Two saw how much money GTA Online makes you can tell where their focus shifted to.

And with how the GTA Trilogy turned out plus Rockstar apparently canning everything single player focused from a GTA IV remake to Red Dead Redemption.

The people who made the prior games special are gone. I don't want to play an online grindfest where griefing is the flavor of every day.

Yep pretty much this. Rockstar feels much of a shell of their former selves, similar to other devs like Bethesda, Ubisoft, etc. If they don't care to do any SP DLC for RDR2 and GTAV, and they couldn't be fucked to care about their GTA Trilogy remaster, in addition to the constant sitting on the cash cow of microtransactions with GTAV and now RDR2 online

Then I can't really be fucked to care about anything more that they do beyond maybe spending $20 to finally play the new GTA years after everyone else.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8485 Posts

Nope, don't care about Rockstar games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

I am, GTA V was a 7th gen designed game, they need a new one already. That being said, Rockstar is gonna have a problem as I read they're going to crack down on GTA V mods, that's gonna piss a lot of people off.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Who wouldn't be? They always push the genre forward. Excited to see what they can do after skipping a whole generation!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Nah. Never manage to stick with them for very long anyway.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@hardwenzen: You are Salty that no Sony game will sell as much as GTA 5. 😆