As a reminder, ELDEN RING is the most awarded game of all time. Do you agree?

• 62 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

hardwenzen  Online
 • 
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6723 Posts

Gen 7 graphics, Assassins Creed open world, boring gameplay, ran like a turd and yet was the most awarded game in history huh, sounds about right 🤦‍♂️

How's the new dlc going OP?...oh wait my bad lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39709 Posts

@last_lap said:

Gen 7 graphics, Assassins Creed open world, boring gameplay, ran like a turd and yet was the most awarded game in history huh, sounds about right 🤦‍♂️

Them not rushing the DLC should tell you one thing and one thing only: they're cooking, and untill its ready, they ain't releasing you a poorly cooked meal. This is not your standard AAA developer.

neogeo2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 neogeo2k2
Member since 2019 • 145 Posts

I really love the game.

It’s my favorite game just above TLOU and GOW 2018.

I even put 700 plus hours into it.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

Meaningless.

Every social reject site with a modest presence on the internet 'awards' video games these days. It is part of driving traffic. In another 10 - 20 yrs time you will need double or triple that assuming videogames eventually take off in huge population places like India.

Elden Ring was quite good, I completed it, enjoyed it for the combat, and leveled to something around 120 or so.

But it was mostly fugly, many copy paste dungeons, shitty inventory management, failure to provide basic info on simple things like assigning consumable, absolute rubbish incoherent pyschobabble for a story/world, open world added as much tedium and repetition as it did positive things, stupid camera angles at times especially on extra large enemies like the fire giant, more grinding than I like, and probably a few others I forgot.

But it's combat was great overall, many different and interesting bosses, generally a very good atmosphere overall, and a ton of content if you choose to do it all.

Most awarded game though....meaningless... and definitely not in my top 10 games, or 25 but, maybe in top 100 or 500.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Them not rushing the DLC should tell you one thing and one thing only: they're cooking, and untill its ready, they ain't releasing you a poorly cooked meal. This is not your standard AAA developer.

Maybe they should have delayed the game due to its poor performance issues. Fromsoft didn't even have the guts to apologise for their crappy running game themselves, they left it for the publisher to do it.

They are a standard developer who can't make a game run properly, they have a history of that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Maybe they should have delayed the game due to its poor performance issues. Fromsoft didn't even have the guts to apologise for their crappy running game themselves, they left it for the publisher to do it.

They are a standard developer who can't make a game run properly, they have a history of that.

What are you posting in your link? These issues have been fixed for almost two years🤣If Fromsoft was in charge of Rem3, the game wouldn't be niche. Just saying.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 GNS
Member since 2015 • 926 Posts

Better wording would be - "do you care?" Sure, I agree, do I care? Nope.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

What are you posting in your link? These issues have been fixed for almost two years🤣If Fromsoft was in charge of Rem3, the game wouldn't be niche. Just saying.

So what if it's been fixed, it was released with poor performance (which is Froms calling card) and yet still won a gazillion awards, that alone should tell you awards mean nothing. It does prove that From get a free pass from reviewers though.

I hope this dlc comes out next year so that way you have a reason to turn your thirdpartystation 5 on again 🤣

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

Sure I guess.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59334 Posts

It doesn't really mean much.

The glorification of "awards", "best and worst", all that stuff is more a meta-cottage industry to get easy traffic be it for validation or rando rage users upset about something or another. And end of year hit where things pick up.

Stuff like Game Awards, wrap it up asshole Dorito Pope gotta make jokes with a muppet , ads, with some music sections to give the illusion of class.

The qualifications for game journalisms is "whatever" as well. We've all seen the cringe clips of them barely able to wipe their own arse, one guy on Gamespot literally unable to figure out a Spongebob toddler puzzle, alot of them talking about anything but gameplay or some political crap injected. Just lots of crap.

The industry itself has shifted as well. Jump back to 1998 it was a totally different place. Nowadays alot of the info people get is from Angry Joe bad ass awards. Sometimes Pokimane when they're not jerking off to her.

As ever it's just, make up your own mind what you like. Pretty much. If a bunch of shiny medals gives you validation, great, enjoy that as well.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34777 Posts

If I agree that Elden Ring has the most awards? I usually don't disagree with facts.

Do I think Elden Ring deserves it?

Considering I think both Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro are better games than Elden Ring, no. But awards is more of a popularity contest than anything else, so I don't care. Elden Ring wouldn't have won anything if it sold badly.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

500 hours in. One of my top 5 most played games of all time.

Elden Ring is well deserving of being the most awarded game of all time.

Personally it's my 3rd favourite game ever made.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
  2. The Last of Us
  3. Elden Ring

GOTD.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

I really enjoyed it. I was not a fan of dark souls 2 and 3, however I really enjoyed the first game.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1411 Posts

Typical Ps plus shovel ware.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22980 Posts

Elden Ring was incredible.... As much a claim to the GOAT as any game I've ever played.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts

I mostly enjoyed the game. I don't think it would be in my top 50 RPGs of all time, but it was a solid 8/10.

I don't entirely understand why people kept raving about the game. It must have been a slow year in gaming?

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2259 Posts

2022 was a horrible year in gaming and that shows… would have been interesting to see how it would have done in 2023!

But yeah bought it, played it for 5-6 hours and never went back to it. Terrible snooze fest if you ask me

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

Not my type of game so obviously I disagree.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@hardwenzen: It has won the most GOTY awards, not the "most awards".

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: It has won the most GOTY awards, not the "most awards".

Same thing, its untouchable.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Fantastic game, absolutely loved it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

article from November 15th?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

article from November 15th?

What's the issue with that?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

This game is a dumpster fire.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen  Online

@kvallyx said:

This gameStarfield is a dumpster fire.

Couldn't agree more.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

This gameStarfield is a dumpster fire.

Couldn't agree more.

You realize Starfield is night and day better then Elden Ring, right? I mean, Elden Ring doesn't even come close to Starfield. Starfield is bigger and better and loved by so many gamers. Nobody (besides you) talks about Elden Ring anymore. But Starfield, that's a game that keeps on giving, and is the top of mind sets by all gamers, worldwide.

I am not saying this to hurt your feelings. I just want you to understand reality.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

From Soft puts most other devs to shame.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

Not to say it wasn't a good game, but there was barely any competition in 2022. That's probably the greatest contribution to its number of awards.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@lamprey263 said:

Not to say it wasn't a good game, but there was barely any competition in 2022. That's probably the greatest contribution to its number of awards.

Why would it matter if there was no competition in 2022 when these awards aren't limited to that year?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10557 Posts

no matter whether you place any stock into awards, it deserves all the plaudits it gets.

a phenomenal experience and an incredible accomplishment. the wait for the dlc is agony

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

It is the most fun I have had playing a videogame in a long time. I absolutely love the game and am looking forward to the dlc. It is hard to disagree with it being the most decorated game in history because it is one of if not the best game I have ever played.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1285 Posts

I honestly have no idea about the awards but it seems to have a lot of appreciation in general and I am happy to have it in my library.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

@hardwenzen: "Why would it matter if there was no competition in 2022 when these awards aren't limited to that year?"

Nearly half of these were GOTY awards and others were for genre categories or design related (artistic, animation, story, audio, technical achievement, etc). Sure there's the most anticipated awards and post-launch awards for continued support or continued community engagement. But a vast majority are relevant to their release year. So yeah, it matters when the year it released if there's not much other competition, it's going to sweep everything. And like I said, not to say anything bad about it, but that's a significant factor.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen  Online

@lamprey263 said:

@hardwenzen: "Why would it matter if there was no competition in 2022 when these awards aren't limited to that year?"

Nearly half of these were GOTY awards and others were for genre categories or design related (artistic, animation, story, audio, technical achievement, etc). Sure there's the most anticipated awards and post-launch awards for continued support or continued community engagement. But a vast majority are relevant to their release year. So yeah, it matters when the year it released if there's not much other competition, it's going to sweep everything. And like I said, not to say anything bad about it, but that's a significant factor.

Since we're talking about the most awarded title of all time, i don't see how it makes a difference. There were plenty of years with weak offerings over the decades.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8411 Posts

a true masterpiece..

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 493 Posts

The awards don't really matter to me. I can have fun with a game whether it wins awards or not. However I did enjoy the game a lot.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts

Well deserved. One of the best games ever made

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49592 Posts

Is this including all the small-time or no name sites/blogs along with influencer picks? Going to have to say it's a weird measuring point considering variance from year-to-year.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen  Online

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Is this including all the small-time or no name sites/blogs along with influencer picks? Going to have to say it's a weird measuring point considering variance from year-to-year.

No idea, but this is not the only site that is claiming it. If you google most awarded video game, you will see pretty much everyone saying this (unless the article is out of date).

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

No idea, but this is not the only site that is claiming it. If you google most awarded video game, you will see pretty much everyone saying this (unless the article is out of date).

This is also showcasing my point since the site you linked has only been online for a couple of years... again, it's a weird metric to lean on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

This is also showcasing my point since the site you linked has only been online for a couple of years... again, it's a weird metric to lean on.

Forbes is saying the same thing, and that's not a new site.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:

Whelp, I see the point went right over like a 747.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen  Online

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:

Your point didn't get over anything, but you are asking me a question that should be asked to all those sites, not me.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Your point didn't get over anything, but you are asking me a question that should be asked to all those sites, not me.

You sure about that?

Was it wrong for me to have presumed you being able to think for yourself on evaluating a metric?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen  Online

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You sure about that?

Was it wrong for me to have presumed you being able to think for yourself on evaluating a metric?

Yes yes, i am sure about that. You're asking the kind of questions only those sites would know, and because they're all stating the same thing, they must have the data on your metrics, so if you want to know it, send them a message, i ain't the one with the data🤷‍♂️

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You sure about that?

Yes yes, i am sure about that. You're asking the kind of questions only those sites would know, and because they're all stating the same thing, they must have the data on your metrics, so if you want to know it, send them a message, i ain't the one with the data🤷‍♂️

Ooof, clearly it was wrong for me to presume such.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

People talking about Elden Ring regularly remind me of that guy that still reminisces over high school.

Sort of like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. Yeah, I bet Elden Ring could have gone state. Probably could throw a football over them mountains.

Yes I am sure Elden Ring is decent enough, but can we move on or maybe talk about something else? Done anything noteworthy lately?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen  Online

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You sure about that?

Of course it was wrong to ask questions nobody on this forum has the answers to😎

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:

People talking about Elden Ring regularly remind me of that guy that still reminisces over high school.

Sort of like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite. Yeah, I bet Elden Ring could have gone state. Probably could throw a football over them mountains.

Yes I am sure Elden Ring is decent enough, but can we move on or maybe talk about something else? Done anything noteworthy lately?

You say this as if it was rare or something. Elden Ring on youtube is extremely popular (and i assume the same thing is happening on twitter). The constant leaks/rumors and the fact that nothing was shown during the game awards is only fueling the hype. And since this is gonna be a mega expansions (two expansion sold under a sinlge one) as confirmed by fromsoft, of course the hype is heavy. This is one of those legendary titles that you get once a decade.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You sure about that?

Of course it was wrong to ask questions nobody on this forum has the answers to😎

That was the point though, it was a rhetorical question to incentivize critical thinking to see how silly the entire idea is.