Capcom announces Street Fighter V: The Version You Should Have Had In The First Place Edition

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45484 Posts

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/05/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-announced-out-january-16/

As previously stated, Arcade Mode will be present, but this isn’t your cookie cutter version. Being the #1 requested addition to Street Fighter V, we’re making sure it’ll be an experience rather than just a mode. As it’s our 30th anniversary year, we wanted to add even more to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition! Extra Battle Mode, V-Trigger moves, Gallery, and a UI design overhaul are among the features we can’t wait to show you in the future. There’s a lot of information to share with each of these new additions, so keep an eye out as we approach January.

Thankfully, if you own the original, you get the updates for free.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11815 Posts

Oh good its free otherwise I would of lost my shit. Street Fighter V is basically an early access game at full price with DLCs. This will probably be the last fighting game I buy from Capcom, I don't like what they did with Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite and I'm getting more into fighters like Guilty Gear Xrd, Skullgirls, and the upcoming Dragon Ball FighterZ.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Basically the thread name does it justice. That 60$ early access game was a joke. I would get it but I'd have to update my PC first.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

UI design overhaul? That almost makes me want to play again, because SFV has the ugliest UI of, like literally, all time.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Oh good its free otherwise I would of lost my shit. Street Fighter V is basically an early access game at full price with DLCs. This will probably be the last fighting game I buy from Capcom, I don't like what they did with Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite and I'm getting more into fighters like Guilty Gear Xrd, Skullgirls, and the upcoming Dragon Ball FighterZ.

same on everything you said... especially at the losing my shit part... I was raging soon as I saw the thread title lol

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

so they are making it a proper release now? Is this one year later? or two?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59314 Posts

Cool, an excuse to jump back in.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44538 Posts

That’s cool. I really wish they had an Xbox One version too. Oh well, I’ll get it when I get around to picking up a PS4.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Thank god it's free for me.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Bout freaking time. Jeeze, the vanilla version was so bear bones

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23726 Posts

Yeah, definitely some good news, glad they're finally re-branding this game. There's been a ton of added content/features/modes added over the past year and half, but the games still surrounded with negativity from the sour launch. Hopefully this helps to bring in a lot of new players, I'd even be ok with them resetting ranks.

Only things I'm really looking forward to are the new V-triggers and whatever they roll out with the season 3 balance changes. Hoping they bump some of the weaker characters up a notch, really sucks seeing an interesting character like FANG at such a disadvantage, and it's kinda weird seeing Ryu as one of the weakest characters in the game after being such a force in season 1. Also hope they buff V-reversals across the board, right now they're just too weak as a defensive option a lot of the time.

And I hate to nitpick, but really really hope they don't shit up the UI. I love how sleek it is and how everything is just right there, easy to get to without any sub-menu diving. Like I know they want to make everything feel new, so an updated UI makes sense, but please don't make it so busy and convoluted like a lot of other modern fighting games. Or give us the option to choose the UI we want at least.

Edit: nvm, main menu remains intact with minor changes. Stuff like character select, stage select, and VS screen are getting revamped and look cool.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: are you going to Comic Con? Capcom has a huge booth there.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic said:

Hasn't Comic Con already happened this year? But nah, I usually don't go to these kinds of events. Went to Dragon Con once, and that was enough Con for a lifetime lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46648 Posts

What are all the season 2 characters by the way ?

Steam doesn't list that very clearly

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@R4gn4r0k said:

Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, and then still waiting on Zeku to release.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Hasn't Comic Con already happened this year? But nah, I usually don't go to these kinds of events. Went to Dragon Con once, and that was enough Con for a lifetime lol.

I meant NYC. I thought you were in NYC for some reason lol. I went yesterday, it was awesome. The producer of Street Fighter was there. There was also a lot of games there. Got to see Monster Hunter World, which looked great.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

Oh nice dude!

Yeah, I saw this video of Ono on Eventhubs earlier actually, was wondering what he was doing in NY.

Loading Video...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46648 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, and then still waiting on Zeku to release.

Thanks mate, I'll find out if those are interesting and if I should get them with real money or in game money :)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34766 Posts

Meh. It's all about Killer Instinct now.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Capcom now likes doing things in reverse.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

whocares SF V is trash I would rather change mines and get SF IV

BLN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BLN1
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

It's funny...because it's true! lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Yay, I finally get to enjoy this game, now. Can I say "Day Effin One Yeeeeeaaah!" If it's the inevitable fixed version of SF that always releases a year or two late?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d93b5f4f9aa
deactivated-59d93b5f4f9aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59d93b5f4f9aa
Member since 2017 • 50 Posts

Does this include the PC version? I don't own the console game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Excellent! I can't wait to play this. :)

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@gamebox said:

Does this include the PC version? I don't own the console game.

yes

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts

@Litchie: "It's all about Killer Instinct now."

The SNES version?

Avatar image for Suddenly_Wasted
Suddenly_Wasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Suddenly_Wasted
Member since 2013 • 137 Posts

@Litchie said:

Meh. It's all about Killer Instinct now.

lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Well they gotta try and get some more money from it considering it bombed pretty hard. You got to love third party exclusives, hopefully Capcom have learned a lesson from this, oh shit who am i kidding it's Capcom after all lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56401 Posts

When those Nude Mods came in last year, that was all I needed out of SFV.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

SFV is my most played game this gen by far. My PS4 is essentially an SFV machine at this point. I'm super excited to see what they do with the second triggers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:

When those Nude Mods came in last year, that was all I needed out of SFV.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@Shewgenja said:

Yay, I finally get to enjoy this game, now. Can I say "Day Effin One Yeeeeeaaah!" If it's the inevitable fixed version of SF that always releases a year or two late?

If you're really holding out for the "complete" final version, probably going to be 2019-2020. But yeah, this AE version would be a good time to jump in, close to mid life for the game. And at the asking price it's a great deal, even if it's not adding much to what's already available, you get it all at such a discount which is nice.

I know it's being dubbed as "The Version You Should Have Had In The First Place Edition", fair enough, but realistically we had that about a year ago. The game launched bare bones, but it didn't stay that way for long, new stuff has been added every month.

Last year the game already had more modes and features than any previous SF game (yes, even 5th year USF4). It's not even close. This AE edition is just taking it further over the top.

Content wise it has more stages than any previous SF game, awesome ones at that. More costumes and colors by default than any previous SF game (unless you count the USF4 DLC costume packs by year 5, which makes it roughly even). And currently, the roster is sitting larger than SF4 vanilla, catching up with Super4, and is on track to have more characters than USF4, the largest roster in a SF game.

-

So really, it's been worth it for a long while now, especially if you caught it during the various sales. But AE does make for a great time to jump in. I wouldn't look at it as the game we should have had on day 1, obviously would have been nice, but no SF game has been close to this rich from the start. This is more comparable to SF4s Super version if anything.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ConanTheStoner

@Pikminmaniac said:

SFV is my most played game this gen by far. My PS4 is essentially an SFV machine at this point. I'm super excited to see what they do with the second triggers.

Same, between my 3 accounts I've already crossed the 600 hour mark lol. Probably close to 650. I buy just about every other fighting game that comes out, but after about 40-50 hours I always go back to SFV. Love this game.

You still maining Rog?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34766 Posts

@PSP107: Nah. The newest just hit Steam. Not expecting anyone here to agree, but KI is a lot better than SFV.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59314 Posts

@Litchie said:

@PSP107: Nah. The newest just hit Steam. Not expecting anyone here to agree, but KI is a lot better than SFV.

Would have certainty prefer it over Mortal Kombat... If only there was an option in MP to turn auto-combo off though. It gets people into the game and is cool short term but removes a lot of skill and seems to just devolve into button mashing qtes against each other. Really put me off it.

But the launch price £25, with all the content, it really does shit on SFV's disastrous launch and kinda came out of nowhere as well.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: What have they added? A weak story mode and DLC?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ConanTheStoner

Yeah, KI is pretty respectable package now. Not at all the same game that launched in 2013. And at least when they launched it a bit thin back then, they had the decency to push it as a F2P game unlike SFV being full price. SFV vanilla probably should have been $30 (which is what I paid anyways).

But hey, at least both KI and SFV are content packed enough to be more than worthy of purchase now, and at a good price with KI and the upcoming SFVAE both being $40.

And yeah Litchie, do disagree, there's probably a half dozen modern fighters I'd rather be playing than KI. SFV, GGXRD, Tekken 7, Skullgirls, KoF14, MVCI, etc. but still, KI is a very good game and I plan to play more of it soon. Definitely take it over Mortal Kombat and Injustice at least.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner: What have they added? A weak story mode and DLC?

Story mode, two seasons of trials, demonstrations, daily and weekly missions to earn easy FM, a dozen new characters each with their own (lulz) character stories (really just more easy FM), tons of stages classic and new (bringing the stage count to more than any previous SF game), costumes, color packs, music packs to customize the soundtrack (my game is decked out in classic SF2 music now), a rebuilt CFN not only on the server side, but also in terms of functionality (in game friends list, block list, favorites list, can pull down any amount of replays from any player, real time readout on the CFN tab of what friends and "followed" players are playing), expanded options in ranked, casuals, and battle lounge, expanded options in general, you can really get crazy with how you customize certain aspects of this game, beefed up training mode, two rounds of sweeping balance changes that include giving quite a few characters new moves, or in some cases new animations for existing moves, graphics update for PS4 owners....

I mean shit man, I really don't even know how to list it all, this game has been getting updated at least once per month since launch. Might be a version list with details out there if you're really curious, a lot has changed since launch. A lot of those things I listed are just typical things you expect from a growing fighting game. Others are things that no SF game has had before.

I don't know if you mean to say DLC like it's a bad thing in this case. That's just fighting games. Some of them just charge a flat fee for a new version. Others allow you to pick and choose what you want while staying on the same game. I bought GGXRD Sign, then had to buy Revelator, then had to pay another upgrade fee for Rev 2. Tekken 7 had DLC and a season pass on day 1. Same with MVCI. Skullgirls had 3 versions I had to pay for to stay current. Nature of the beast here man. Not like people didn't buy SF4, then Super, then AE/AE2012, then Ultra.

So I wouldn't just sweep the DLC under the rug, that's how these games grow. SFV keeps you up to date on modes, features, and balance for free. The model for DLC is you pay with cash or in game fight money. That's not a bad thing at all. If you bought SFV on day 1 you never have to buy another version. I'd say that's a step in the right direction if anything.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner: yea, but you can't excuse the fact that the game was launched incomplete. Compared to other games out there like Injustice 2 or even Tekken 7, it's an incomplete package.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

I never understand why Capcom wanted to have multiple versions of Street Fighter II over a span of two decades.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ConanTheStoner: yea, but you can't excuse the fact that the game was launched incomplete. Compared to other games out there like Injustice 2 or even Tekken 7, it's an incomplete package.

Yeah, but... I wasn't lol. I've never excused how the game launched.

Maybe you're referring to this?

but realistically we had that about a year ago.

Because yeah, about a year ago, the game was in a respectable launch state. About 7, maybe 8 months after it launched. That was my exact point, they've done a lot of work since then.

Not saying that this AE version wouldn't have been a killer game to launch, but AE is going to be so far beyond what any SF launch has looked like (more like a Super version). That's all I'm saying. The game has already been in a good state for a while and AE isn't even adding much to what we currently have now. It's just a great way to re-brand the game, get it some positive buzz, and pull more players in at a great price. For those of us who already have the game, it's just a fancy name for the initial season 3 update.

-

Injustice 2? Most definitely.

Tekken 7? Nah. Tekken 7 was also a very lacking launch compared to previous titles. And unlike SFV it had serious playability and online issues that didn't get sorted for a while. Still using input delay netcode in 2017 too, wtf? And while it has an "arcade mode", it's just 5 fights and no endings. It's the equivalent of playing vs CPU in SFV five times in a row and then rolling the credits lol. Except even SFV gives you more options with that lol. Oh and yeah, no combo trials or proper teaching tools at all. (I actually love Tekken 7 tho, but just saying bro).

Both games had a trash launch. On the upside Tekken 7 had a much larger roster. The silver lining of the game being in the arcade for over 2 years while being constantly delayed, but still a major plus nonetheless.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pikminmaniac
@ConanTheStoner said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Same, between my 3 accounts I've already crossed the 600 hour mark lol. Probably close to 650. I buy just about every other fighting game that comes out, but after about 40-50 hours I always go back to SFV. Love this game.

You still maining Rog?

Yeah, I've been a Balrog main for a very long time through a few street fighter games. I love boxing so I'll always pick the boxing character in a fighter if they are there. I also have a half decent Vega and Ed, but the vast majority of my time is spent with Balrog.

I have a local fighting game community that hosts tourneys and get-togethers. Lots of strong players here that help boost me up. We always share information and grow as a community continuously. I'm actually known as the whiff punish guy in my circle. I've become very good and cathing people's limbs in footsies.

Most recently, I've been working on TAP tech. Balrog is gross in this game.

Did I ever ask you who you main?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I love the title to this lol. It says it all.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@Pikminmaniac said:

Yeah, I've been a Balrog main for a very long time through a few street fighter games. I love boxing so I'll always pick the boxing character in a fighter if they are there. I also have a half decent Vega and Ed, but the vast majority of my time is spent with Balrog.

I have a local fighting game community that hosts tourneys and get-togethers. Lots of strong players here that help boost me up. We always share information and grow as a community continuously. I'm actually known as the whiff punish guy in my circle. I've become very good and cathing people's limbs in footsies.

Nice man, really wish I had a strong local scene like that. Right now I'm just an online warrior, mostly playing casual matches these days. I should really dive into these Discords and start doing more BL's for the longer sets. It's a lot harder to learn stuff when doing random drive by FT2's in casual and ranked.

A whiff punishing Balrog sounds pretty nasty with the way Balrog is right now though. Jesus the V-Trigger combo on that guy. How do you sleep at night? lol

I'm maining Sim, which is a first for me. Something about Dhalsim just clicks with me in this game. And of course on paper Balrog is my worst nightmare of a MU right now. I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be though. It is an uphill fight, but I honestly have more trouble with Laura and Rashid atm.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pikminmaniac

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Nice man, really wish I had a strong local scene like that. Right now I'm just an online warrior, mostly playing casual matches these days. I should really dive into these Discords and start doing more BL's for the longer sets. It's a lot harder to learn stuff when doing random drive by FT2's in casual and ranked.

A whiff punishing Balrog sounds pretty nasty with the way Balrog is right now though. Jesus the V-Trigger combo on that guy. How do you sleep at night? lol

I'm maining Sim, which is a first for me. Something about Dhalsim just clicks with me in this game. And of course on paper Balrog is my worst nightmare of a MU right now. I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be though. It is an uphill fight, but I honestly have more trouble with Laura and Rashid atm.

Ah yes, Balrog's trigger in which a single reset 50/50 leads to insta death. They have to tone that thing down.

The most powerful thing about rog are his standing resets even outside of trigger. Most characters can 50/50 off a knock down, but people can back roll to throw off meaties sometimes. Balrog's standing resets are guaranteed and point blank. I display just how dirty these standing resets are in the last round of this fight.

Loading Video...

Dhalsim is a very hard character to master. Very technical. That's impressive. We have a godly Dhalsim in our scene that pushes me extremely hard. I always tell him how amazing it is that he does what he does with that character.

I pretty much only play casuals online to learn new ways to play against randoms (ranked players tend to run with points and don't rematch). I do most of my serious playing locally in long sets.

rakadewa19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rakadewa19
Member since 2015 • 104 Posts

Oh, this game finally will leave Early Access.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Arcade Mode > Stupid story mode they made yuck

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

SFV was actually my most played game on the PS4 as well. I like fighting games, by play most all of the others as well. SFV to me, was near flawless in the game play. Playing to earn fight money was never a challenge or annoying, but fun. I get where people say it's a grind, but I've been able to add all 11 released DLC characters without spending any extra money. Sounds like the Arcade version is going to throw in the 12 DLC characters from the first two seasons as well. Also they will include monthly skins.