seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

Class action lawsuit has just been filed against CD Projekt Red on behalf of investors for the disastrous launch of Cyberpunk. the lawsuit seeks to recover damages for investors under the federal securities laws.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1342218559712333824

https://www.rosenlegal.com/cases-2010.html

https://nintendosmash.com/investors-sued-cdpr-for-misleading-statements-about-the-state-of-cyberpunk-2077/

Looks like the vultures are circling around CDPROJEKT RED.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-may-face-class-action-lawsuits-over-cyberpunk-2077/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/style/cyberpunk-2077-video-game-disaster.html

In looking to the future the New York Times mentions that, "Lawyers and investors in Warsaw are circling the situation, contemplating a class-action lawsuit against the company". That's in reference to a post by Mikołaj Orzechowski, a partner in the Polish firm Mikołaj Orzechowski who is apparently also an investor in CDPR, who writes (according to Google Translate), "we are currently analyzing, together with the law firm's team, the grounds for bringing a class action together with the notification of the possibility of committing a crime under Art. 286 of the Penal Code. - misrepresentation in order to obtain financial benefits".

CD PROJEKT SA CLASS ACTION ALERT: Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP announces that it is investigating a potential securities class action lawsuit against CD Projekt SA

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cd-projekt-sa-class-action-043000021.html

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

Now just imagine for a sec if they delayed the game until May, got some backlash that lasted for 4-5 days, have their stock drop by like 2% and at the end of the day release a 10/10 masterpiece. What a mistake.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

Honestly, while this is disappointing, how CP2077 ended up. I can't really say it is all too surprising.

Remember how Witcher 1 and 2 were when they first came out?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Honestly, while this is disappointing, how CP2077 ended up. I can't really say it is all too surprising.

While it's not exactly surprising, we should expect more from CDPR at this point. With the money and resources they have, combined with some very stiff competition and updated standards for open world and RPG games since those days, them having a shitty launch and hoping it all gets better once an enhanced edition launches isn't going to cut it anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I hope the company survives this, the AAA space can't just be limited to less than an handful of giant corporations.

Right now, they should just focus on working on the game, offering refunds and probably "cutting" some corporate heads.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

Called it. Who knows, with hostile workers at CDPR and class-action lawsuits, perhaps they won't make it out of this one and CDPR will have to close their doors for good. This will be a great cautionary tale to the rest of the gaming industry to never fucking scam their customers. 🙃

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

Looking at CDPR with the removal of the game Devotion and now CP2077, this isn't a good year for CDPR and I'm really shocked they went from good to bad. Anyway, as for this lawsuit. How could you have a class action lawsuit when they are already apologizing publicly, working on patches as we speak, and even suggesting disappointed customers can refund? "Hello Games" was in a similar situation with No Man Sky but the developers apologized and never gave up on the game and they kept updating the game as well. But than again, NMS wasn't a broken game, just missing features and I for one really enjoy the game when it release but that's my opinion.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Looks like that TW3 RT patch is gonna be on hold for a while now...

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

the last ever cdpr game on last gen consoles...maybe even the pro and x get left behind for the witcher 4

my game is fine...no complaints from me,let the console game that is flawless at launch and doesn’t need a patch cast the first stone

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaydan

@davillain- said:

Looking at CDPR with the removal of the game Devotion and now CP2077, this isn't a good year for CDPR and I'm really shocked they went from good to bad. Anyway, as for this lawsuit. How could you have a class action lawsuit when they are already apologizing publicly, working on patches as we speak, and even suggesting disappointed customers can refund? "Hello Games" was in a similar situation with No Man Sky but the developers apologized and never gave up on the game and they kept updating the game as well. But than again, NMS wasn't a broken game, just missing features and I for one really enjoy the game when it release but that's my opinion.

That would be like letting a murderer off trial easy because they came out saying "I'm sorry." The damage is already done for CDPR, and "we're sorry" isn't going to get them out of what they got themselves into.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@seba20007:

So what happens to the people who bought the game digitally and already claimed the download? Is it removed from purchase history?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@jaydan: It's true, because one thing about murder is that if you say you're sorry the victim resurrects.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaydan

@ghost_of_phobos: Fact of the matter: sorry is not always enough. Sometimes people make grave mistakes in life, and sometimes people make accidents yet they still got to bare the consequences.

That's just life for you.

You may have knocked over the grand piano at the antique store on accident, but you still gotta pay for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@jaydan: Again, you destroying a gran piano at an antique store bares little resemblance with shipping a broken game. By destroying said piano you are destroying an "unique" item that might be worth more than its material value for historical reasons or wtv.

With CDPR offering full refunds going above and beyond what are the (lacking) industry standards, while simultaneously keeping working to improve it, it's difficult to draw a comparison, when they are indeed saying they'll not only be paying for the piano but also rebuilding it.

Great would be to pinpoint who are the individuals responsible for the catastrophic decision instead of going after the whole business.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jaydan

@ghost_of_phobos: If you really think the problem with CDPR is shipping a broken a game, then you're missing the bigger picture.

Your semantics argument is missing my point: sorry is not always an escape from facing the consequences.

But hey, who am I to judge? Who are you to judge? Regardless of internet banter, it sounds like the court sharks are already circling their prey. 😉

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11186 Posts

It keeps getting worse. Where does the company go from here after a fiasco like this? How do you get up on another stage and hold your head up to try and present a new project? I'm saying this assuming the company will still be intact when it's all said and done. Because, I don't know.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@Maroxad said:

While it's not exactly surprising, we should expect more from CDPR at this point. With the money and resources they have, combined with some very stiff competition and updated standards for open world and RPG games since those days, them having a shitty launch and hoping it all gets better once an enhanced edition launches isn't going to cut it anymore.

I don't disagree with you.

I was right in holding my wait and see attitude before buying this. I had a hunch this was gonna happen, especially after the CONSTANT horror stories I heard of this game's development, indicating severe mismanagement from higherups.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

I hope the company survives this, the AAA space can't just be limited to less than an handful of giant corporations.

Right now, they should just focus on working on the game, offering refunds and probably "cutting" some corporate heads.

They deliberately hid the console versions from the paying public and every single journalist in the world knowing the awful state it was in. I'm confused as to why anyone would want them to survive. It's not just unacceptable, it's unforgivable, it shows absolute and open contempt for their paying consumers.

It's fraud, basically.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11186 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

They deliberately hid the console versions from the paying public and every single journalist in the world knowing the awful state it was in. I'm confused as to why anyone would want them to survive. It's not just unacceptable, it's unforgivable, it shows absolute and open contempt for their paying consumers.

It's fraud, basically.

Yep. And that should be the biggest red flag from here. If a company decides to hide certain versions from the press, then those are the versions not to buy. The gaming industry has been used to obscuring info from the public for so long and the gaming press has been completely complicit in going along with it. I'm hoping bigger change comes along with this, but I'm too hopeful I think.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

it just sad to see a company who once touted they wouldn't release a game if it's not ready to a game company to release a broken game. So sad indeed.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jaydan

Some people here need to stop being CDPR apologists when they just tried to scam you.

CDPR will get what they deserve, and if that means closing their doors for good, well that's entirely their fault now is it.

Let this set the example and a word of warning to the rest of the industry: NEVER take advantage of your consumers for financial gain.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

I am not sure what grounds the lawsuit would be under. They are offering refunds. So, what damage claims would the class action lawsuit be under? Xbox has a better case for a lawsuit.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

Wow. This train wreck just doesn’t want to stop.

Hopefully this puts the current trend of shipping games broken and fixing them later under a very tight microscope. Bonus points for putting employee crunch under a similarly tight microscope as well. Much good could potentially come from all this.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

Yeah, no grounds for a lawsuit. Waste of time and money.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

CD PROJEKT SA CLASS ACTION ALERT: Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP announces that it is investigating a potential securities class action lawsuit against CD Projekt SA

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cd-projekt-sa-class-action-043000021.html

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@xantufrog said:

Looks like that TW3 RT patch is gonna be on hold for a while now...

The same goes for CP2077 MP mode as they were gonna work on it after the game release but in its current state, that's gonna take a long time until the game is fully fixed. I also imagine the Anime version is also on-hold.

@jaydan said:

That would be like letting a murderer off trial easy because they came out saying "I'm sorry." The damage is already done for CDPR, and "we're sorry" isn't going to get them out of what they got themselves into.

Indeed the damage is already done. While this is CDPR own fault for all the false advertising rather the lawsuit actually happens, I be surprise if CDPR does in fact get hit with this even though they will offer refunds from there own pockets. I'm interested how this plays out in the end.

I can see why 343 Industry delay Halo: Infinite a year.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

I don't know why people get so excited about class action lawsuits since they generally pay out a pittance to all the claimants while the lawyers walk away with millions.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I'm actually hoping that CDPR gets sued and goes out of business. I know that sounds extreme, and I know they have apologized and offered refunds, but here's the problem and something I never want to see repeated in the industry. They lied, they said the game ran great on base PS4 and XB1 consoles. Then, they withheld base PS4 and XB1 copies from reviewers to cover up their lies, all so they could capitalize on the millions of preorders while knowing those versions were broken. That is straight up deceit and underhanded theft, and they deserve to go out of business for that. The industry needs to send a clear message that that sort of activity is unacceptable, and CDPR needs to be dealt with harshly and used as an example. This will also serve to let developers know that shipping broken games and patching them later is unacceptable, which all gamers will benefit from.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jaydan

@arkephonic said:

I'm actually hoping that CDPR gets sued and goes out of business. I know that sounds extreme, and I know they have apologized and offered refunds, but here's the problem and something I never want to see repeated in the industry. They lied, they said the game ran great on base PS4 and XB1 consoles. Then, they withheld base PS4 and XB1 copies from reviewers to cover up their lies, all so they could capitalize on the millions of preorders while knowing those versions were broken. That is straight up deceit and underhanded theft, and they deserve to go out of business for that. The industry needs to send a clear message that that sort of activity is unacceptable, and CDPR needs to be dealt with harshly and used as an example.

Could not have said it better myself. CDPR can suck it for all I care. They've got nothing else to blame but itself for getting into this situation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@arkephonic: I really don't get why the whole company should go down and hundreds of people lose their jobs instead of looking to find those responsible for the bad decisions and punishing them for their fraudulent acts.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

They deserve to be raked over the coals a bit for the poor console release, but I don't see this needing to go farther than people getting refunds and the company taking a deserved reputation hit.

People are losing their minds because they got too invested in a damn video game marketing campaign and pre-ordered, when the writing has been on the wall about pre-orders for a very, very long time.

I dont see how preventing the company from having a chance to fix the game and work on future projects is good for anyone.

This is the first time they've fucked up like this, they deserve a chance to redeem themeselves like every other game company. A lawsuit is the last thing anyone needs if they want a finished version of this game.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 arkephonic

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@arkephonic: I really don't get why the whole company should go down and hundreds of people lose their jobs instead of looking to find those responsible for the bad decisions and punishing them for their fraudulent acts.

No one is going to accept responsibility. That's not how these things work, the entire ship goes down. The good employees are skilled and can find other good companies to work for.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jaydan

@ghost_of_phobos: I dunno about that one. Last I heard the working bystanders at the studio are clashing with the higher-ups at the company. There's a whole internal shitstorm going on at CDPR as we speak. My question is who would still want to work at the company after this mess. If it's not getting shut down after getting legally squashed, I'd be hard-pressed to believe anyone would still want to work there.

And regardless: I'm sure most of these people will have no problem getting other jobs. Their resumes must have been impressive enough to get hired at CDPR in the first place, and I'm sure they'll have no problem impressing at other companies either.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@jaydan: @arkephonic:that's pretty ridiculous. IMO.

Have either of you even played the game?

You need to understand that this is a big company where a lot of talented and passionate people poured their heart and soul into this product - and now THEY want answers too on why they were pushed to rush it out

You're here all self-righteous on a forum demanding these people lose their jobs - when really some corporate scum need to be taught the lesson more than anyone. And if you get your wish, do you know the people who will be least affected? The bad guys in this.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fedor

@arkephonic said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

No one is going to accept responsibility. That's not how these things work, the entire ship goes down. The good employees are skilled and can find other good companies to work for.

That's what investigations are for. Kinda sad you are cheering for a bunch of people to lose their jobs tbh.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 arkephonic
@with_teeth26 said:

This is the first time they've fucked up like this, they deserve a chance to redeem themeselves like every other game company.

Every other game company doesn't lie that their game runs great, then withholds the game from reviewers so they can capitalize on preorders. This crosses the line. A criminal guilty of theft can get a chance to redeem themselves, sure. But a mass murderer? No second chances.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@arkephonic said:
@with_teeth26 said:

This is the first time they've fucked up like this, they deserve a chance to redeem themeselves like every other game company.

Every other game company doesn't lie that their game runs great, then withholds the game from reviewers so they can capitalize on preorders. This crosses the line. A criminal guilty of theft can get a chance to redeem themselves, sure. But a mass murderer? No second chances.

jesus christ dude - you've been spending too much time in the echo chamber getting amped up. Mass murder - **** - I have literally lost people to murder and you need to get some perspective equating this to that. That's some low trash commentary man

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By arkephonic

@fedor said:
@arkephonic said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

That's what investigations are for. Kinda sad you are cheering for a bunch of people to lose their jobs tbh.

Well with the way things are going, I don't think they will have a choice to just fire a select few from management. The entire company is taking a hit, and if it continues, the company will go out of business. Their stock is plummeting.

Plus, these employees aren't working at Walmart with no skills. They have skills and can find other high paying jobs in the industry. Them losing their jobs isn't a big deal.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

@arkephonic: Wow. Talk about going to extremes. 😅

If a company does something wrong I simply want them to make any necessary changes to be better. If they don’t then I simply won’t buy their product.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jaydan

@xantufrog: Like I've stated in posts since the whole bust, I've said how I feel sorry for the working bystanders caught up in the whole mess, who otherwise had only the best intentions and the right kind of passion for this game. I feel genuinely sorry for those people.

I also would find it hard to believe if most of them would even want to keep working with the company after everything, and if management and worker clashing is really going on. I just know what it's like working in coworker environments. Shit goes wrong and one quits, and others follow.

These people aren't going to have a problem finding jobs. They have impressive resumes. If they were impressive enough to get hired at CDPR, they'll be impressive elsewhere.

If you guys worry about lost jobs, then worry about your fellow small businesses and the millions around the globe that have already lost their jobs. The video games industry is thriving, yet your small businesses are on their lifelines and many of those people don't have financial backups.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 arkephonic

@Archangel3371: I'm not comparing what CDPR did to mass murder, that's silly. I'm just saying that mass murder is one of the worst things you can do, and what CDPR did is one of the worst things I've ever seen done in the gaming industry. So, is the worst thing in the industry forgivable? In my opinion, no.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Fedor

@arkephonic said:
@fedor said:
@arkephonic said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

Well with the way things are going, I don't think they will have a choice to just fire a select few from management. The entire company is taking a hit, and if it continues, the company will go out of business. Their stock is plummeting.

Plus, these employees aren't working at Walmart with no skills. They have skills and can find other high paying jobs in the industry. Them losing their jobs isn't a big deal.

Very presumptuous, how many dev jobs out in Poland during a pandemic do you think there are?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#44 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@fedor said:
@arkephonic said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

the game has never wavered from being the number 1 seller on steam, where user reviewrs sit at "mostly positive," and they already announced the majority of their sales were on PC.

In the real world, most people are playing and enjoying the game.

they will be just fine. their stock was probably over inflated to begin with - in no way should CD have been worth more than Ubisoft given the disparity in how many games they release.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 arkephonic

@fedor said:
@arkephonic said:
@fedor said:
@arkephonic said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

Very presumptuous, how many dev jobs out in Poland during a pandemic do you think there are?

They can move to the USA.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

TBH they should of got a lawsuit after the Witcher 3 downgrade.

Great video showing how they have been lying for years. Alot of people gave them a pass for the downgrade not everyone of course but the CDPR fanboys where the biggest hypocrites shaming other companies for doing it but not CDPR.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@arkephonic: @jaydan: Just to be clear, the game is playable on PC/Google Stadia/current-gen consoles aka PS5/XSX. The game isn't playable on last-gen consoles, that's the problem here. CDPR screw up on handling last-gen tech and as such, this is the only thing they need to apologize, just for last-gen gamers. I personally wasn't lied to, I'm still playing the game as we speak and its meeting my expectation even though I ran into bugs here and there but nothing of a game breaker mind you.

But the real question is, have both of you play it? If not, then WTF are you angry about? Just don't play it on last-gen consoles. I'm not defending CDPR as they are getting flank from me on not supporting freedom of speech with the whole thing removing Devotion from GoG. A Client I always supported.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fedor

@arkephonic: Oh, so you're just trolling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@fedor: Not much point in trying to have a conversation with edgelords.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By arkephonic

@davillain- said:

@arkephonic: @jaydan: Just to be clear, the game is playable on PC/Google Stadia/current-gen consoles aka PS5/XSX. The game isn't playable on last-gen consoles, that's the problem here. CDPR screw up on handling last-gen tech and as such, this is the only thing they need to apologize, just for last-gen gamers. I personally wasn't lied to, I'm still playing the game as we speak and its meeting my expectation even though I ran into bugs here and there but nothing of a game breaker mind you.

But the real question is, have both of you play it? If not, then WTF are you angry about? Just don't play it on last-gen consoles.

No, I've never played the game and I never will. It's not because of the revelations over the last couple weeks, it's because I was never even interested in the game and it's not my type of game. I've never liked anything from CDPR. However, I have read all the reports about the performance of the XB1 and PS4 base consoles, saw the tweets and posts by CDPR saying those versions ran surprisingly well, and then saw what happened afterwards. I know they're just doing PR talk, saying what needs to be said, but I also know the truth of the matter is that they knowingly lied and released a broken product just to capitalize on millions of preorders. I've never played the game, never will, but I don't ever want to see this happen again in the gaming industry, potentially to a game I might be interested in. Nipping this in the bud will improve the gaming industry, it's a start. Next, we can tackle things like microtransactions.