COD Modern Warfare 3 - 53 MC, developed in just 16 months.

• 89 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

https://www.eurogamer.net/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-developed-in-just-16-months-report-claims

A new report claims Modern Warfare 3 was developed in just 16 months. That's roughly half the time of a standard Call of Duty release.

More than a dozen employees at developer Sledgehammer shared their experiences working on the Modern Warfare 2 sequel with Bloomberg - in particular the need to crunch by working late nights and weekends ahead of release due to its truncated development period.

Meanwhile, sources said that Modern Warfare 3 initially started out as an expansion to last year's Modern Warfare 2 -something that was previously suggested. This expansion, which was codenamed Jupiter, was reportedly going to be set solely in Mexico, rather than a globe spanning release the Call of Duty series is typically known for.

Those familiar with the project said this type of expansion would have been more obtainable to achieve successfully in the reduced timeframe. However, the project was essentially rebooted during development to become a full fat Call of Duty release.

Employees told Bloomberg this left them feeling "betrayed" and let down by those in charge, as they were forced to crunch to ensure the game was released within that tight timeframe. This was something studio staff naturally wanted to avoid, especially as its last full Call of Duty project - 2021's Vanguard - was made under a similarly tight development cycle.

In addition, employees at Sledgehammer Games said they did not want to work on Modern Warfare 3. Following the release of Vanguard, the studio actually pitched a game set in the world of Advanced Warfare, codenamed Anvil. However, before this idea could really get off the ground, the team was informed it would instead be working on Modern Warfare 3.

Subsequently, during the development of Modern Warfare 3, staff were said to have been left "frustrated" by the need to run their content by executives from Infinity Ward, another Call of Duty developer. Sledgehammer Games employees said they had to deal with "inefficiencies waiting on feedback and making significant and sometimes unwanted changes based on directives from above".

Just yesterday, Sledgehammer studio head Aaron Halon released a statement on X, formerly Twitter, calling Modern Warfare 3 a "labour of love". Halon went on to state: "We have worked hard to deliver on this vision which has been years in the making. Anything said to the contrary is simply not true."

Wow, this is pretty bad. Hopefully MS can turn the franchise around otherwise they just wasted billions of dollars 😄 Thoughts, SW? What do you think about the Call of Duty franchise at this point? It clearly needs a break.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

There’s no accounting for taste. Having seen a few streams, mw3 will be a huge success financially. Gamers who played the last COD to death will play this one, and the next one and deposits millions into MS’s accounts.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7273 Posts

Annoying seeing this keep popping up when turning on the Xbox. I'll never buy another cod game at launch full price last one was black ops 2.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

Xbox Games Studios presents...

Every... single... Activision studio was behind the development of this game. Don't buy into that horseshit about this thing being developed in a year and a half

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 6149 Posts

This game was develeped by a 3rd party developer. If anything it had more a PS5 focus than xbox.

Yet cows make out it Microsoft studios.

Desperation to the extreme.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

This game was develeped by a 3rd party developer. If anything it had more a PS5 focus than xbox.

D-d-d-d-DAMAGE CONTROOOOOOL!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13083 Posts

Best selling game on PS5. RIP Spider-Man 2 😳

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9588 Posts

What a bunch of mindless shills... MW3 is easily the best CoD game since MW 2019.

Multiplayer is back (although most of the maps do suck ass) and feels and player great for the most part.

The zombies mode is huge and has another huge grind. There are thousands of free unlocks and reasons to get on to play daily, weekly, and challenges in several different lists across both game modes.

After MW2 tried to force everyone in multiplayer to as close to a 1 k/d as possible you can tell the matchmaking isn't so cranked up in this one... at least not yet. The couple extra hits by increasing base health to 150 really opens up a skill gap, but in laggy matches at higher matchmaking can also be a nightmare when it's nearly impossible to kill someone who takes 15 hits when you still only take 2 to 3. Either way I'm enjoying 6 to 7 games out of 10 on this game when I only enjoyed 1 or 2 games out of 10 on MW2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

Medal of honor allied assault and call of duty 2003 were developed in less time and by a studio of 10-20 people.

They could've given Sledgehammer 5 years, the talent just ain't there.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20169 Posts

When I heard a sequel to last year's COD was being made by Sledgehammer I already knew it was gonna suck. Treyarch was supposed to be releasing this year so I hope they have something revolutionary given the extra year of dev time.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@WitIsWisdom said:

What a bunch of mindless shills... MW3 is easily the best CoD game since MW 2019.

Multiplayer is back (although most of the maps do suck ass) and feels and player great for the most part.

The zombies mode is huge and has another huge grind. There are thousands of free unlocks and reasons to get on to play daily, weekly, and challenges in several different lists across both game modes.

After MW2 tried to force everyone in multiplayer to as close to a 1 k/d as possible you can tell the matchmaking isn't so cranked up in this one... at least not yet. The couple extra hits by increasing base health to 150 really opens up a skill gap, but in laggy matches at higher matchmaking can also be a nightmare when it's nearly impossible to kill someone who takes 15 hits when you still only take 2 to 3. Either way I'm enjoying 6 to 7 games out of 10 on this game when I only enjoyed 1 or 2 games out of 10 on MW2.

One thing I like about it so far are the classic maps 👍

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41570 Posts

Oh to see a mainline CoD get legit low scores, and seeing the rise of old school FPS again.

Beautiful!

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

Lots of controversy with this one. Devs are anonymously speaking out and blaming leadership. Leadership has come out saying reports aren’t true but obviously no one is gonna believe them because well, it’s a 3 hour campaign, no Platinum trophy, and several other things that point to the game being a DLC, not full blown game.

I have full confidence that MS is gonna take control here and make sure this doesn’t happen next year now that Activision is under their control. Vote with your wallet. Don’t buy this crap. MS is gonna dump all the CODs on Game Pass in a few months anyways.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

I mostly hear people complaining about the single player that's weird 🤔 when COD has always been about Multi player post the 1st COD..... I love the feel of the Multi player this year

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KvallyX

@nnoyinghusband said:

Lots of controversy with this one. Devs are anonymously speaking out and blaming leadership. Leadership has come out saying reports aren’t true but obviously no one is gonna believe them because well, it’s a 3 hour campaign, no Platinum trophy, and several other things that point to the game being a DLC, not full blown game.

I have full confidence that MS is gonna take control here and make sure this doesn’t happen next year now that Activision is under their control. Vote with your wallet. Don’t buy this crap. MS is gonna dump all the CODs on Game Pass in a few months anyways.

I am enjoying it so far. My XSX doesn’t do Platinum Trophies so no loss there. I am seeing campaign has been 5-7 hours.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3741 Posts

What's this, more Xbox "domination"? lol

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

@kvallyx: the thing with the Platinum trophy is that the lack of one, plus there was a bug that required you to put the disc of MW2, not 3, but 2, into your console on PS, plus the word of devs who came out and said it was a DLC, these all point to proof of it being a DLC. That’s good you’re getting so much time out of it but looking at comments all over everywhere, it’s 3-4 hours with cutscenes, many saying 5 if you really, really take your time and play it slow.

I’ll gladly skip it. I have too many other games on Game Pass in my backlog (31), not to mention many other games that will hit sales I could buy. Once COD hits GP I’ll be all in going back and playing all the CODs I missed out on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39625 Posts

69B for this? Phil, please keep that shit exclusive to your system. I don't want to see your shovelware polluting my Playstationg.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LetsHaveFun
Member since 2020 • 369 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44420 Posts

I love how some around here like to claim that Microsoft had any involvement with this game whatsoever. I also love the fact that some like to present the fact that this acquisition is solely focused on a singular franchise when there’s so very, very much more going on for it. 😅

It’s going to be on Microsoft moving forward though. It may be more reflective in more then a year as I would imagine next year’s COD has already been in development for some time.

Sony must have liked the game well enough though as they are selling it bundled with the PS5. Cows were recently gloating about that weren’t they? 😂

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LetsHaveFun

@Archangel3371: I'm sure you were mad at those claiming MS influenced Diablo 4 when it released before the acquisition too..

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44420 Posts

@letshavefun: Who’s mad? Both claims are silly. 😅

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39625 Posts

70 BILLION FOR THIS

My God

Loading Video...
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts

Perhaps they rushed it out to finish up their Sony deal because Sony wouldn't let them renegotiate and they wanted to market a MW3 console bundle.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3100 Posts

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

Who expects this to be any different than the schlock they've been putting out for a decade?

We need a new flavor. We need SOCOM, or at least something new.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

Good job, MS!

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11685 Posts

Meh, Lems we're running around cheering the (undeserved) 10 Deathloop got even though MS had nothing to do with the game. What's good for the goose is good for the gander and all that. ActiBlizz was a terrible purchase.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1355 Posts

are we back to scores in the SW flip flop-a-thon.

Bu bu bu sales,bu bu review scores bu bu bu bu but.

Playstations biggest and best selling is a Xbox studios game

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Those menus in the last 4 cod games alone make me stay away from it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58453 Posts

I'm still not exactly sure why they keep making "new" Call of Duty games at this point; it's pretty clear they have a winning formula with the whole Warzone thing (plus the standard multiplayer stuff). They just need to maintain that and stop releasing new installments every other year. Or charge a subscription fee to play.

The issue is the whole CoD franchise has become very convoluted and needlessly so. That, and all the microtransactions with really weird, out of place tie-ins and advertisements. Spawn is cool and all don't get me wrong, but why is he in CoD? Nicki Minaj? Really?

They need to learn a lesson in "less is more".

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidGame_basic

@mrbojangles25: lol I saw Shredder today

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58453 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@mrbojangles25: lol I saw Shredder today

Shredder from TMNT?

in CoD?

Seriously?

Oi vey

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59240 Posts

The audience is full of low intelligent people, youth criminals, racists etc...

They don't care, still buy it. The loop is never ending.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70154 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

The game is top selling on the PS5.🤭

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10635 Posts
@tdkmillsy said:

But if this game received raving reviews, it’d be “MS studios is the best” right?

Talk about dat desperate spinning.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 6149 Posts

@ermacness: How am I spinning it.

Truth hurts

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KvallyX

@nnoyinghusband said:

@kvallyx: the thing with the Platinum trophy is that the lack of one, plus there was a bug that required you to put the disc of MW2, not 3, but 2, into your console on PS, plus the word of devs who came out and said it was a DLC, these all point to proof of it being a DLC. That’s good you’re getting so much time out of it but looking at comments all over everywhere, it’s 3-4 hours with cutscenes, many saying 5 if you really, really take your time and play it slow.

I’ll gladly skip it. I have too many other games on Game Pass in my backlog (31), not to mention many other games that will hit sales I could buy. Once COD hits GP I’ll be all in going back and playing all the CODs I missed out on.

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LetsHaveFun

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

The game is top selling on the PS5.🤭

Source??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@letshavefun: Sources has been provided all week and the threads are on the first page. 🤷‍♂️

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LetsHaveFun

@Pedro said:

@letshavefun: Sources has been provided all week and the threads are on the first page. 🤷‍♂️

So none??

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@letshavefun said:

So none??

First page. 🤷🏽‍♂️

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LetsHaveFun

@Pedro said:
@letshavefun said:

So none??

First page. 🤷🏽‍♂️

So site it??

Why waste time replying with no info??

stop replying then..

lame..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@letshavefun said:

So site it??

stop replying then..

lame..

On first page in the forum. This topic isn't new.🤷🏽‍♂️

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LetsHaveFun

@Pedro said:
@letshavefun said:

So site it??

stop replying then..

lame..

On first page in the forum. This topic isn't new.🤷🏽‍♂️

Geez at least name the thread..

so lazy..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@letshavefun said:

Geez at least name the thread..

so lazy..

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1355 Posts

@letshavefun said:
@Pedro said:
@letshavefun said:

So none??

First page. 🤷🏽‍♂️

So site it??

stop replying then..

lame..

GO TO THE FRONT PAGE FFS

or are you scared of what you might find?

If it comes as a shock to you that COD is PS best selling game every year,then grab a tissue kid i have news 🐄😭🤣😂

LetsHaveFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LetsHaveFun

@Pedro: @saint-george: This is the proof??

man xbox fans on this site are sad..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KvallyX

LOL, so now Sony's own website for their best seller doesn't count. You heard it here first folks 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KvallyX

Even the app best seller is MW3 😂