KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sales down compared to insane trilogy in the UK(down 80%)/Japan10k vs 30k(insane trilogy)

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/uk_sales_charts_physical_crash_4_sales_down_80_percent_on_n_sane_trilogy

5.[PS4] Crash Bandicoot: It’s About Time (Activision, 10/02/20) – 10,437 (New)

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/famitsu-sales-9-28-20-10-4-20

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8445 Posts

It's probably because people are reserving for their next gen consoles to be bothered by a game that's coming out at the very end of the current one. Probably not the best-timed release for a Crash game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46489 Posts

Want it for PC, not last gen consoles, lmao

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Yeah I don't need it. Trilogy and ctr is all I need.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KBFloYd

@R4gn4r0k said:

Want it for PC, not last gen consoles, lmao

graphics are whatever on crash 4 bro not worth it on PC. just get it console imo.

but its up to you

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@jaydan said:

It's probably because people are reserving for their next gen consoles to be bothered by a game that's coming out at the very end of the current one. Probably not the best-timed release for a Crash game.

I am waiting for the next gen version of the game before picking it up.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50618 Posts

Probably going to buy it later with some price drops or used. Actually looks fun.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

stop comparing switch game sales with ps4 and xbox one game sales.

switch players buy that one certain game on the switch.

were ps4 and xbox one players buy multiple different games. some buy this game some buy that other game so on and so on.

if you look as switch game sales its always the same game over and over again.

it either animal crossing, mario, and zelda, pokemon. over and over again on the sales chart. never any other game.

now look up switch third party game sales compare those sales to ps4 and xbox one third party sales.

see ps4 and xbox one players buy many different games instead of those few same exclusives that the switch has.

most gamers have a switch to play those few games and another console for third party games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@gifford38: What?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

It would have sold better if it was a lunch title for next gen

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44631 Posts

Nostalgia might sell the old ones but I doubt they can bring the series back. I am sure Activision will see sales and critical reception as comparable to the rest of their shovelware. Can't blame them for trying to see if they could capitalize off the nostalgia after the Insane Trilogy did so well.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I'm waiting at least a month on buying it because they put microtransactions in ctr AFTER it released. Not falling for that again.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@fedor:

For the most, he isn't wrong. Most 3rd party multiplats that the switch shares with the ps4/x1 generally end up selling better on those console's than on the switch, even in individual comparisons.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KBFloYd

@Chutebox said:

Probably going to buy it later with some price drops or used. Actually looks fun.

dont count on it. word is the game is hard as hell and pull your hair out frustrating.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KBFloYd
@gifford38 said:

were ps4 and xbox one players buy multiple different games. some buy this game some buy that other game so on and so on.

it either animal crossing, mario, and zelda, pokemon. over and over again on the sales chart. never any other game.

now look up switch third party game sales compare those sales to ps4 and xbox one third party sales.

see ps4 and xbox one players buy many different games instead of those few same exclusives that the switch has.

most gamers have a switch to play those few games and another console for third party games.

5 paragraphs of damage control.

when a ps5 game sells well its "playstation rules" game sells like shit "bro we have too many games"

this year is dry as hell for playstation owners and still no one bought it.

whatever

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

I'm waiting for a sale. Who wants to pay $60 for it?

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1352 Posts

I’m Def picking up a copy when I get my ps5.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gifford38

@fedor said:

what? fact is all switch owners buy the same game over and over again. meaning most games sold on the console are those few games.

if you look up third party game sales they sell more on the other consoles. am i right about that?

were ps4 and xbox and pc (you hermit lol) buy different types of games. some will by call of duty some will by this game some will buy another game.

were switch owners tend to buy those games I listed. meaning 90% switch owners will go out and buy animal crossing. were ps4 or xbox one or pc will not buy that one pacific game. 90% will not buy god of war or gears of war etc.

people buy switch for nin exclusives not third party games. you don't hear someone say im going to go buy a switch to play call of duty or witcher 3 etc.

they play that one game then the switch sits until that certain other game comes.

people buy other consoles for every other game.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@KBFloYd: don’t you have some mario to play under your covers?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gifford38
@ermacness said:

@fedor:

For the most, he isn't wrong. Most 3rd party multiplats that the switch shares with the ps4/x1 generally end up selling better on those console's than on the switch, even in individual comparisons.

yes i know im right lol. 90% of switch owners will buy those games only. pokemon ,animal crossing, zelda, Mario this or that. were say only 10% of ps4 and xbox one will buy there exclusives. like god of war or gears of war or what ever it is.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

what? fact is all switch owners buy the same game over and over again. meaning most games sold on the console are those few games.

if you look up third party game sales they sell more on the other consoles. am i right about that?

were ps4 and xbox and pc (you hermit lol) buy different types of games. some will by call of duty some will by this game some will buy another game.

were switch owners tend to buy those games I listed. meaning 90% switch owners will go out and buy animal crossing. were ps4 or xbox one or pc will not buy that one pacific game. 90% will not buy god of war or gears of war etc.

people buy switch for nin exclusives not third party games. you don't hear someone say im going to go buy a switch to play call of duty or witcher 3 etc.

they play that one game then the switch sits until that certain other game comes.

Who made the comparison? Why are you going off on this tangent?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@KBFloYd said:

graphics are whatever on crash 4 bro not worth it on PC. just get it console imo.

but its up to you

Crash insane trilogy was only 30fps on consoles afaik. Sure they look great, but I'd take 60fps for a platformer.

And besides, I'm just not thrilled to give money to Activision anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

As a Spyro fan, Crash was always a boring platform game and I sure didn't care for a new Crash game that's for damn sure. It really doesn't help Crash 4's case as next-gen consoles is only 1 month away and if the sales are this low, it probably means everyone is saving money for PS5.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

on a tangent no just trying to explain why its not right to compare nin exclusives sales to ps4 or xbox or pc exclusives.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gifford38
@R4gn4r0k said:
@KBFloYd said:

but its up to you

Crash insane trilogy was only 30fps on consoles afaik. Sure they look great, but I'd take 60fps for a platformer.

And besides, I'm just not thrilled to give money to Activision anyway.

why not thrilled to give money to activision? never understood this. if a game is good who cares what company makes the game.

I don't want last of us 2 but that does not mean i will not buy a naughty dog game again.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@fedor said:

on a tangent no just trying to explain why its not right to compare nin exclusives sales to ps4 or xbox or pc exclusives.

Who made the comparison? Where is it?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KBFloYd

@phlop_spencer said:

@KBFloYd: don’t you have some mario to play under your covers?

shouldn't you be working and feeding your children?

:P

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@KBFloYd: Crash N'sane trilogy was pull your hair out frustrating at times (especially Crash 1), its part of what makes Crash...well Crash. Loved the remasters so I'll be picking up 4 at some point, game looks great.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k

@gifford38 said:

why not thrilled to give money to activision? never understood this. if a game is good who cares what company makes the game.

I don't want last of us 2 but that does not mean i will not buy a naughty dog game again.

Every month there are games I want to buy. I'd rather spend my money wisely than just throw my money at everything I want.

So for an activision game I can say: ok, this looks like a cool game, but I can wait for a sale.

But let's say Arkane or Relic makes a new game than I'll say: buying day one, 60 euro no biggie.

But you make a good point in saying that a good game is a good game, even if the most evil corporation in the world has made it. It's fun, and that's what games should be.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

Physical sales

Next gen consoles literally don't even have disc drives 😂

@KBFloYd said:

Bandiwoke

Because you no longer want to fvck a pointy pixelated Bandicoot with a ponytail 😂

@KBFloYd said:

this year is dry as hell for playstation owners

The Last Of Us II, Ghosts Of Tsushima, Dreams, Persona 5 Royal, FFVII Remake and dozens of high quality multiplats 😂

Genuinely entertaining thread, thanks!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59185 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Ditto.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38

@R4gn4r0k said:
@gifford38 said:

Every month there are games I want to buy. I'd rather spend my money wisely than just throw my money at everything I want.

So for an activision game I can say: ok, this looks like a cool game, but I can wait for a sale.

But let's say Arkane or Relic makes a new game than I'll say: buying day one, 60 euro no biggie.

But you make a good point in saying that a good game is a good game, even if the most evil corporation in the world has made it. It's fun, and that's what games should be.

ok that fair lol. I wait for sales on almost all my games to. thought you didn't want to because its activision.

i to tend to buy full price on company I know will deliver a great game. for me its gorilla games, naughty dog(except last of us 2 will buy it for 20 though when its on sale), and a few others.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Just like the series S version.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what is it that makes this game "woke"?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:

I am waiting for the next gen version of the game before picking it up.

Why? I don't see a massive upgrade coming to this.

To the TC. The bottom line is that Crash is dated. The trilogy was a good nostalgia trip for those who grew up with Crash and those (like me) who barely played it because I had an N64. Had Crash gone large worlds and out of the hallways, then it would likely pick up steam.

I don't think the early adopters of next gen have anything to do with it.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

Just finished the game earlier today. It's really fun but also damn hard. I died more in this game than i did in DS/Bloodborne. Boss battles are great and some levels are just stupid that you need to die first to figure it out. 7/10

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39410 Posts

@blamix said:

Just finished the game earlier today. It's really fun but also damn hard. I died more in this game than i did in DS/Bloodborne. Boss battles are great and some levels are just stupid that you need to die first to figure it out. 7/10

Is this a negative?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 locopatho

@judaspete said:

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but what is it that makes this game "woke"?

Crash used to have a stupid blond GF, who was redesigned to be somewhat intelligent and independent this time. The unwashed internet hordes are predictably enraged...

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@gifford38: tl;dr

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45326 Posts

Something tells me releasing before next gen launch wasn't a good idea. They should've had PS5/XSX versions ready to go.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Something tells me releasing before next gen launch wasn't a good idea. They should've had PS5/XSX versions ready to go.

Don't worry, they'll have a $80 port.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@locopatho: She was blonde in the old games, but she was always the more intelligent of the two, by far.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 locopatho

@vfighter said:

@locopatho: She was blonde in the old games, but she was always the more intelligent of the two, by far.

Fair enough. It's literally just a haircut they're whining about so. Lol.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@locopatho: *sigh*

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Should have made it a timed exclusive first to drive the hardcore hardware fans to buy and gloat. Seems to be working for previous game.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1262 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

This one runs at roughly 60fps on the enhanced consoles.

Anyways I hope it does well. I almost never buy games at $60 so I'll be waiting for a sale... Black Friday maybe.

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

What is woke about it?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#48 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59185 Posts

@lilhurk1985187 said:

What is woke about it?

The cartoon dog no longer looks like a prostitute.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

You wish

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts
@KBFloYd said:
@gifford38 said:

5 paragraphs of damage control.

when a ps5 game sells well its "playstation rules" game sells like shit "bro we have too many games"

this year is dry as hell for playstation owners and still no one bought it.

whatever

Dry as hell?

This year on PS4 I've bought Dreams, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2, Crash Bandicoot 4

The only games I've bought for my Switch are Animal Crossing and Super Mario 3D Allstars. I think the only other game that's come out for Switch this year was a Paper Mario game.