Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts
@madsnakehhh said:

This is the most pretentious and stupid thing i've seen ... how can anyone still praise this wannabe movie guy is beyond me. I'm fully convinced people is afraid to call on his BS because they are so eager to scream "i get it" ... smh.

I'm over here hollering "I don't get it".

Death stranding is not fun.. it's the king walking simulator of all walking simulators

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

Cows are the worst fanboys in the world except for Kojimatards. After years of hyping and saying after the original reveal of DS that Kojima is just trolling with the walking sim bits and hiding the actual action gameplay, the game released and turned out to be exactly the snoozefest it was shown to be, switched their tunes to 'why can't you just see the art and understand this'. They are like people in abusive relationship who like being in it even when they can get out. They themselves didn't enjoy or understand the verbal diarrhea Kojima spews but pretend it's good and they are just not worthy to understand it. Now they are back for some more.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59203 Posts
@madsnakehhh said:

This is the most pretentious and stupid thing i've seen ... how can anyone still praise this wannabe movie guy is beyond me. I'm fully convinced people is afraid to call on his BS because they are so eager to scream "i get it" ... smh.

High art is random weird shit. That's how high art works.

Bonus points if you have black and white stuff (even more high art)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#54 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59203 Posts

He has black and white stuff.

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

Death stranding is one of the worse game ever released for the generation, but sure even people with dogshit taste in gaming should have games to play, grats enjoy.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@last_lap:Not true.

Project OD will be the finest video game ever created.

Greater than The Last of Us, mayhaps.

The sad part of your comment is that you're serious.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

@Pedro said:

@lundy86_4: You unintentionally triggered folks.😂

lol, apparently.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3233 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Looks...interesting. One of these days I'll get through Death Stranding. I think I maybe played it for four hours or so?

@AcidTango said:

What in god's name did I just watch at 5:16 of the video? LOL

What, you've never seen a cyberpunk robo-vampire use a guitar as an electrogun-axe?

And you call yourself a gamer 🙄

😋

Ok you got me. I admit it, I'm really a fake gamer 😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39436 Posts

Imagine for a second this engine was used on Bloodborne 2, which was made with a Fromsoft collab just like the first game. Jesus f*cking Christ it'd juicy.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3233 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@AcidTango said:

Flippin Troy Baker too. I never got to his character in the first game so I have no idea what any of that is about.

I have Death Stranding myself (I got it for free actually) but I didn't play it yet. I do know that Troy Baker's character is a major villain in the game.

But what I want to know is why in the sequel does he look like a mix of Marilyn Manson and the Joker from DC Comics? And what's with the talking puppet as well? And the crazy guitar fight. Kojima keeps going batshit in his latest games 😆

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

@AcidTango said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@AcidTango said:

Flippin Troy Baker too. I never got to his character in the first game so I have no idea what any of that is about.

I have Death Stranding myself (I got it for free actually) but I didn't play it yet. I do know that Troy Baker's character is a major villain in the game.

But what I want to know is why in the sequel does he look like a mix of Marilyn Manson and the Joker from DC Comics? And what's with the talking puppet as well? And the crazy guitar fight. Kojima keeps going batshit in his latest games 😆

yeah I'm in the same boat. Giving the game a second try.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6988 Posts

Everytime I see stuff for Death Stranding it just makes me butthurt we're not getting a new MGS using the Decima engine.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6988 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Imagine for a second this engine was used on Bloodborne 2, which was made with a Fromsoft collab just like the first game. Jesus f*cking Christ it'd juicy.

Lemmings head's would explode.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10505 Posts

looks stunning

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15959 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:
@AcidTango said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@AcidTango said:

Troy baker looking like that is a very major spoiler. May ruin the game if I explain now as it happens near endgame. Pretty stupid mumbo jumbo tho. Honestly if you played the first game its pretty easy to decipher some of the conversations that happens in the trailer as it referrenced the first game pretty heavily.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

had no idea what the stakes were but that fight scene between the samurai and the rock star was awesome.. 😎

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Yep, loved it. The story and the world really pulled me in. Im not usually a fan of Kojimas games, too much wierd just for the sake of being wierd, but the more I played Death Stranding, the more I wanted to keep playing it. Turned out to be quite an immersive game with a new twist.

Im probably more excited for Death Stranding 2 at this point than I am Stalker 2 because I kind of know what ill be getting with Death Stranding 2, while its still up in the air as to wether STALKER2 will actually be a propper STALKER game or more of a Metro clone.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

I never played Death Stranding, and probably won't play this one, but I'm glad there is a game designer out there who has the industry cred to make whatever batshit-nonsense he wants. Not for me, but happy it exists.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@madsnakehhh said:

High art is random weird shit. That's how high art works.

Bonus points if you have black and white stuff (even more high art)

Too bad this isn't art, and the only one "high" was Kojima when he thought this was a good idea.

@sargentd: Nobody gets it ... but they are too scared to admit that Death Stranding is pure garbage.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts

Still waiting for the first game to be 9.99 on steam. Would love to give it a try, but Kojima games tend to take advantage of your time so I like to get them at a price I find reasonable. Hopefully the 2nd game brings down the cost of the first game!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50619 Posts

@Antwan3K: had no idea what the stakes were but that fight scene between the samurai and the rock star was awesome.. 😎

Who here ever thought this would ever be a thing? 😂

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

@TheEroica: it was free on EGS a couple of times. I got it there. It's time to get off gabes jock. Increase competition, support EGS!

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1023 Posts

Gonna play the good version on PC. Thanks.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@TheEroica: it was free on EGS a couple of times. I got it there. It's time to get off gabes jock. Increase competition, support EGS!

I game on a very lightly modded steam deck. Perhaps down the road in my next handheld I get something windows based and will have multiple storefronts, but right now steam is my ride or die.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:

Lemmings head's would explode.

It would indeed be an overload.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sakaiXx

@judaspete said:

I never played Death Stranding, and probably won't play this one, but I'm glad there is a game designer out there who has the industry cred to make whatever batshit-nonsense he wants. Not for me, but happy it exists.

If you have the chance I really recommends the first game. Plot pacing especially early game is horrible, gameplay is basically one giant fetch quest from point A to B yet for those it managed to mesmerize, Death Stranding is one of the most Zen like game you could ever play. Could spend hours of gameplay delivering packages, maximizing connections and rebuilding roads, not moving on to next story points. pretty weird ass game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#77  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts
@sakaixx said:
@judaspete said:

If you have the chance I really recommends the first game. Plot pacing especially early game is horrible, gameplay is basically one giant fetch quest from point A to B yet for those it managed to mesmerize, Death Stranding is one of the most Zen like game you could ever play. Could spend hours of gameplay delivering packages, maximizing connections and rebuilding roads, not moving on to next story points. pretty weird ass game.

So, if you try really really really hard you can force yourself to pretend to like the game.😏

Funny thing is that if this wasn't a Kojima game, most of you would not even fart on it, far less try to persevere until you convince yourself you like it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#78 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25003 Posts

@pelvist: even Metro at worst still better than Death stranding. Come.on.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By sakaiXx
@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:
@judaspete said:

So, if you try really really really hard you can force yourself to pretend to like the game.😏

Funny thing is that if this wasn't a Kojima game, most of you would not even fart on it, far less try to persevere until you convince yourself you like it.

If you don't like please drop the game. The first few few hours already sets the tone for the rest of the game on what to expect, really bad pacing and fetch quest galore. But again for those somehow mesmerized by it, its one of the best game you likely experienced.

Oh the writing also kinda sucks ass.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@AcidTango said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@AcidTango said:

Troy baker looking like that is a very major spoiler. May ruin the game if I explain now as it happens near endgame. Pretty stupid mumbo jumbo tho. Honestly if you played the first game its pretty easy to decipher some of the conversations that happens in the trailer as it referrenced the first game pretty heavily.

I'm playing through it now and I'm ok with getting spoiled a bit. The game's been out for a while. I just want to get the story so I'm not completely lost for the second game. I really want to play this game with proper guns lol

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@last_lap: Project OD will be the first game and only game to get 100 on Metacritic.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

wish sony sold the decima engine to other developers. one awesome engine.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@gifford38: Best engine in the business.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@Mozelleple112: 100/100 lol. I there are people who drink the Kojima kool aid,but you bathe in it 🤣

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#85 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ghosts4ever:

🙄

Different strokes for different folks. I enjoyed Death Stranding more than any Metro game. And I enjoyed Metro 2033 and Last Light quite a lot. I found Exodus to be pretty dull though tbh.

If STALKER 2 turns out to be like Metro ill be very dissapointed, same would be true if STALKER turned out to be like Death Stranding. I want STALKER 2 to be a propper STALKER game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#86 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25003 Posts

@pelvist said:

@ghosts4ever:

🙄

Different strokes for different folks. I enjoyed Death Stranding more than any Metro game. And I enjoyed Metro 2033 and Last Light quite a lot. I found Exodus to be pretty dull though tbh.

If STALKER 2 turns out to be like Metro ill be very dissapointed, same would be true if STALKER turned out to be like Death Stranding. I want STALKER 2 to be a propper STALKER game.

there was leaked demo of STALKER 2. those play it confirmed that its definitely like old STALKER.

beside Metro series is masterpiece. its get unfair amount of hate on this board. Exodus was weakest ie barely Metro. still it was good.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Nothing would change. From Software titles will continue to look and run like they have always been. Engine is just a tool, it doesn't magically make the graphics better. You need technical artists and programmers to do that. Japanese devs outside of Capcom are technically incompetent and have been for almost 2 decades now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

Nothing would change. From Software titles will continue to look and run like they have always been. Engine is just a tool, it doesn't magically make the graphics better. You need technical artists and programmers to do that. Japanese devs outside of Capcom are technically incompetent and have been for almost 2 decades now.

While it is absolutely true that Japanese devs haven't yet discovered visuals newer than 2010 standards, my idea would be that Fromsoft is working with Sony, and Sony owns Bluepoint. So they could be in charge of the engine, while fromsoft for world building, level design, art direction, story, etc. That would be the ultimate game, and it wouldn't only look tight, but run great as well.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

That trailer sucked.

The level of goofiness is off the charts.