Did MS lie about The most powerful console ever made, will be running games at 60FPS as the new standard ?

• 130 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

As we all know, the xbox community is at war amongst themselves right now. With the news that Starfield will be locked at 30fps, it has put a split within the xbox community. Some Once die hard 60fps gamers are now okay with MS devolving from 60fps to 30fps.

Which makes me question the true power of the xbsex , is it really the most powerful console ever created, if its running games at a locked 30fps, while all of the first party PS5 games are running at 60fps.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17847 Posts

...So we are now simply measuring the performance of a console by its FPS? Console A runs Game X at 60. Console B runs Game Y at 30. Thus Console A is more powerful....FACT!

That's where we are at now?

Also a stupid comment by Aaron Greenberg (whoever they are). 60 FPS will never ever ever be standard across the board on consoles. Never going to happen.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

30fps will be the new standard for xbox while pc and ps5 will continue to add 60fps options for players

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#4 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17847 Posts

It is to be expected coming out of the cross-gen period. As games become more advanced and keep pushing the limits, these 10.2 and 12 TFLOPS boxes will struggle. That is why you play on PC if you care about quality.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The Xbox Series X multiplat version of games most of the time run at higher Resolution than PS5 versions. Care to explain that?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The Xbox Series X multiplat version of games most of the timerun at higher Resolution than PS5 versions. Care to explain that?

That's untrue, most multiplats have mirrored performance between the PS5 and the X.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39384 Posts

They can barely handle their biggest game of this generation running in 30fps. Of course they lied, and their 12tflops are inferior to 9.2tflops inside my ps5. 12pathetictflops.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hardwenzen
@BassMan said:

It is to be expected coming out of the cross-gen period. As games become more advanced and keep pushing the limits, these 10.2 and 12 TFLOPS boxes will struggle. That is why you play on PC if you care about quality.

What a hermit comment. Pathetic.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daredevils2k

@xhawk27 said:

The Xbox Series X multiplat version of games most of the time run at higher Resolution than PS5 versions. Care to explain that?

congratulations on your first lie 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70008 Posts

The Sony fannies are in damage control since Sunday.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

1080pTurnal. /Thread.

Shocker. News just in, PS5 can play all of last years PS4 games at 60fps. XD

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BassMan

@davillain:

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Not sure what they lied about?
Saying "60 fps will be the new standard" doesn't mean that every new game will be 60 fps.
Saying your console is the most powerful console made doesn't mean all of its games will look better than other consoles' games.

@daredevils2k said:

Which makes me question the true power of the xbsex , is it really the most powerful console ever created, if its running games at a locked 30fps, while all of the first party PS5 games are running at 60fps.

If you really care about which of the two consoles have the slightly more powerful internal parts, check what internal parts the consoles have and compare them. I think the Xbox has the more powerful parts, no? But I'm pretty sure the correct answer is "who gives a shit".

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

But I can see fps better than other people..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

And the bovine meltdowns continue. lol :P

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

Well as I always say Xbox S needs to be taken off the market it’s holding back the Xbox X for obvious reasons. I believe Starfield is unfinished game just like Redfall and that they will add 60 fps down the road and lie about it that they always planed it. Starfield looks much better and improved but we will see it when we get to play it

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

well sony pushes the upscaled 4k. helps performance. while xbox pushes 4k more. sometimes 4k works for a game but sometimes you get ps5 performance is better because of it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gifford38
@daredevils2k said:
@xhawk27 said:

congratulations on your first lie 🤣

not really sony like to push upscaled 4k. makes it easier for developers to achieve performance while xbox pushes 4k. upscale is getting better and better.

sometimes works for xbox other times you see ps5 performance is running better.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gifford38

@gotgames said:

Well as I always say Xbox S needs to be taken off the market it’s holding back the Xbox X for obvious reasons. I believe Starfield is unfinished game just like Redfall and that they will add 60 fps down the road and lie about it that they always planed it. Starfield looks much better and improved but we will see it when we get to play it

don't say that to loud pedro going to have your head for saying that. even though developers have said it.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

I feel inclined to say it's a lie -- but it's more reasonable that that Aaron guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@Pedro: you guys are the strongest victims ever lmao. Complain about Sony but always have something to be smug about 😂 All while being outsold 4 to 1. 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

The damage control is so real that I am triggering my biggest fans.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sagemode87

@Pedro: Exactly what is there for Sony fans to damage control over? Please enlighten me 😂 So childish.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sagemode87

@SecretPolice: you guys say anything and hope it sticks 😂

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

30 FPS Starfield or another Boring Sony first party game....Wow this is so hard to decide! (it REALLY is not hard to decide) Sony could only dream of having Starfield.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Poo cows. lol :P

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sagemode87

@mojito1988: people have played this game before, it's called No Man's Sky 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pedro

@Sagemode87 said:

@Pedro: Exactly what is there for Sony fans to damage control over? Please enlighten me 😂 So childish.

I understand that Sony has let you all down with the last showcase and Sunday was a true test of your metal. Thus the reason you and your fellow goons have been in perpetual damage control mode. I understand your pain but I can't relate.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44353 Posts

So much damage control from Cows these days. 😂

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@daredevils2k: As everyone knows, the XSX is more powerful than PS5.

Keep trying, milk-maker.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dabear
@Sagemode87 said:

The disasterous Sony showcase vs MS's impressive one? How epic Starfield looks? How multiplat games, including JRPGs, are on Game Pass but not PSPlus?

The list goes on and on, bro.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:

1080pTurnal. /Thread.

Rift Apart, Demon Souls, and Returnal were not cross gen games. Care to explain?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ermacness
@dabear said:
@Sagemode87 said:

The disasterous Sony showcase vs MS's impressive one? How epic Starfield looks? How multiplat games, including JRPGs, are on Game Pass but not PSPlus?

The difference is:

Most of your claims are opinions (one in which I do agree with), while the other is a fact.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ermacness
@Pedro said:
@Sagemode87 said:

I understand that Sony has let you all down with the last showcase and Sunday was a true test of your metal. Thus the reason you and your fellow goons have been in perpetual damage control mode. I understand your pain but I can't relate.😂

In all fairness, MS did make that claim, as the TC left clear evidence of. Sony gets flak from posters here about Returnal resolution output, and it’s validated, but when MS is called out on their foolery, it’s “damage control“. The double standard have to stop.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:

In all fairness, MS did make that claim, as the TC left clear evidence of. Sony gets flak from posters here about Returnal resolution output, and it’s validated, but when MS is called out on their foolery, it’s “damage control“. The double standard have to stop.

What claim did MS make?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ermacness

@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:

What claim did MS make?

About the xsx making 60 frames the standard. Did you read the TC post?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 KvallyX

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:

What claim did MS make?

About the xsx making 60 frames the standard. Did you read the TC post?

It is standard. Do you know what standard means?

"used or accepted as normal or average" - Oxford Language

At no point did Aaron say that 60fps is minimum. And standard =/= minimum.

You realize that all of Xbox first party game this gen are unlocked and 60fps besides Redfall, which is updating the game to add it?

60 fps on Xbox first party games is "normal" or "average", hence "standard".

My god, people love to shit themselves.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dabear

@ermacness said:
@dabear said:
@Sagemode87 said:

The difference is:

Most of your claims are opinions (one in which I do agree with), while the other is a fact.

LOL. It's like you are arguing that a movie that has 99% "fresh" rating on RottenTomatoes.com is a bad movie.

Sony's showcase was universally panned, MS's showcase was universally praised. Every site and content creator on the internet is putting out articles about Starfield, Avowed, Fable, etc. You can live in a fanboy world of "Sony's conference and MS's conference were on par with each other" or "Sony's conference was better", but not even Playstation-focused sites have your back on that conclusion, and are doing damage control.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@gotgames said:

and yet

https://gamerant.com/starfield-30-fps-reaction-god-of-war-dev/

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3453 Posts

Yeah, TC seems like is having an hard time coping with the MS show.

I would pretty much ignore all marketing talk from console manufacturers and use common sense instead. This includes magical SSDs, 8k claims and any commitment to fps, generations or wtv.

My opinion, 30 FPS is tolerable but not defendable.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@regnaston said:
@gotgames said:

and yet

https://gamerant.com/starfield-30-fps-reaction-god-of-war-dev/

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 daredevils2k

@Litchie said:

Not sure what they lied about?

Saying "60 fps will be the new standard" doesn't mean that every new game will be 60 fps.

Saying your console is the most powerful console made doesn't mean all of its games will look better than other consoles' games.

@daredevils2k said:

If you really care about which of the two consoles have the slightly more powerful internal parts, check what internal parts the consoles have and compare them. I think the Xbox has the more powerful parts, no? But I'm pretty sure the correct answer is "who gives a shit".

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@ermacness said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

1080pTurnal. /Thread.

Rift Apart, Demon Souls, and Returnal were not cross gen games. Care to explain?

Returnal was 1080p... I mean the list gets smaller and smaller of competent proper PS5 games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

If you defend 30fps, you're a not a real gamer. You're a mobile gamer instead.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:

It's inevitable consoles will return to 30fps. I predicted it from the beginning. They're going to want to max out the graphics on these consoles.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KvallyX

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ermacness said:

Returnal was 1080p...

SteveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SteveR
Member since 2023 • 3 Posts

To be fair Returnal was an AA game, was fairly low quality so it should be able to run at 60 FPS

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By daredevils2k
@hardwenzen said:

What makes me laugh about all these lems is, ever since the xbsex released all they touted was how much they love 60fps and that 30fps is soooooo last gen. Now that their messiah is locked at 30fps, all off sudden they are in love with 30fps first person shooters.