Eurogamer : Halo Infinite Campaign Hands-On Impressions Of The First 4 Missions; boring and repetitive experience

• 95 results
mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts
Yikes!
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

Yes, many outlets released a preview this week.

Many were positive, very positive.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mowgly1

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yes, many outlets released a preview this week.

Many were positive, very positive.

You mean, they've played for 20 minutes??

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39385 Posts

WOW they're brave. Do you have any idea how many raging lemmings they'll be getting on all the social media? Xbox fans don't want to accept the fact that 343i is simply not up to the task. On some occasions i wonder if this game is running on the Doom 3 engine. The geometric detail is so close, its as if this was Doom 3/Quake 4😂

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

This is one way for Eurogamer to get clicks I guess…

They’re a little late though. The Halo hype has already died down a little

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

Hmmm fair enough... most of the previews I've seen are positive so each to their own.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7223 Posts

Looks like someone needs tho use holiday clicks.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

No matter how praiseworthy it’ll be,there’s always someplace or someone going to have a brain hemorrhage because it’s not their cup of tea. Cows are going to focus on the negative towards Halo Infinite,Forza Horizon 5,Starfield, etc……. It’s not surprising.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen  Online

They're saying that the structure is similar to Ubisoft open world games. Nothing in gaming could be more insulting than that. NOTHING.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@mowgly1: He doesn't say that. He says it plays like old school Halo and he wants a Silent Cartographer level. AKA - he want's a "Wow" moment, and there isn't one in the first 4 levels.

And of course, people like @hardwenzen didn't watch the video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear: I watched half way. It looks so bad visually that i don't know how is it that nobody is talking about it. Maybe i should create a mega thread about Infinite visuals? Like comparing it to old ass titles from years ago? Might be a bit too brutal for you Xbox owners😕

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dabear

@hardwenzen said:

@dabear: I watched half way. It looks so bad visually that i don't know how is it that nobody is talking about it. Maybe i should create a mega thread about Infinite visuals? Like comparing it to old ass titles from years ago? Might be a bit too brutal for you Xbox owners😕

Yawn.

You must have been so anxiously waiting for the guy to say something bad - in between all of the "fun to play" comments he was making.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen  Online

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yawn.

You must have been so anxiously waiting for the guy to say something bad - in between all of the "fun to play" comments he was making.

Other than hearing Ubisoft, i wasn't listening, only looking at the OMG visuals. And btw, OMG bad, not OMG good😕

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

How predictable. mowgly is putting words in his mouth. It's not even too much of a negative preview. Through his hatred of anything Xbox, he's running his perception filters when watching the video. He probably can't even remember anything positive said about the game.

Guy in the video NEVER said "boring and repetitive". At one point he said "familiarly repetitive". As in all Halo games. All Halo games have been repetitive since Combat Evolved, which was probably the worst because they literally copy and pasted corridors.

Also the first two missions are not even open world, they're linear like past Halo games.

Ironically, I wasn't particularly interested in this game until seeing this video. If you're a Halo fan, it looks like a lot of fun.

Hyping it a solid 8/10 and it's looking promising.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: not sure why they allow people like Mowgly in the first place.. 1st class clown

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yawn.

Other than hearing Ubisoft, i wasn't listening, only looking at the OMG visuals. And btw, OMG bad, not OMG good😕

It looks like a Halo game. :-S

That's what Halo games are supposed to look like. I'd prefer they didn't change the art style. That said Ray Tracing is coming next year.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mowgly1

@dabear said:

@mowgly1: He doesn't say that. He says it plays like old school Halo and he wants a Silent Cartographer level. AKA - he want's a "Wow" moment, and there isn't one in the first 4 levels.

And of course, people like @hardwenzen didn't watch the video...

Sure Xbox ( i'm Phil Spencer's slave and will make everything to look good, even my shit ) fan. From 11:40 and onwards :

"which leads me neatly to what is lost...." . So he talked about repetitiveness and that he would kill for some variety in scenery and it is still missing special something that'll make the game and it's story feel memorable. Also he compared surpises and other shit at very beginning with Elden Ring.

@hardwenzen don't trust what dabear said. LOL

Looks like Xbox fans will get an Ubisoft game in FPS genre.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HalcyonScarlet

@brimmul777: @mesome713: @hrt_rulz01: @goldenelementxl: @R4gn4r0k:

mowgly is putting words in his mouth, he never said "boring and repetitive".

The summary was that it is really fun, but they haven't found that "spark", or wow factor to go that extra way. Looks like it'll be a solid 8/10 game.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mowgly1
@HalcyonScarlet said:

The summary was that it is really fun, but they haven't found that "spark", or wow factor to go that extra way. Looks like it'll be a solid 8/10 game.

Sure, sure, Xbox fan. From 11:40 and onwards :

"which leads me neatly to what is lost...." . So he talked about repetitiveness and that he would kill for some variety in scenery and it is still missing special something that'll make the game and it's story feel memorable. Also he compared surpises and other shit at very beginning with Elden Ring.

No need to spin it otherwise, Xbox ( i'm a Phil Spencer slave ) fan. But yeah, he said that combat is fun. But of course, why you don't try to spin that? Oh, yes, it is positive for Halo. Don't worry, you'll get an Ubisoft game in first person

So, please spin it more for your fellow Xbox fans here.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

No need to spin it otherwise, Xbox ( i'm a Phil Spencer slave ) fan.

You are SUCH a liar. Write out an actual transcript. You LOVE rewritting what people say. You're so pathetic.

So again mowgly is taking things out of context and putting words in his mouth.

As soon as @dabear posted I watched the whole video from beginning to end, because I knew what you were doing.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mowgly1

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

You are SUCH a liar. Write out an actual transcript. You LOVE rewritting what people say. You're so pathetic.

Me lied when i just mentioned what author of the video said. Cut the crap, Xbox fan.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dabear

@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

"In going somewhat open-world, Halo Infinite's campaign doesn't have quite the same bespokeness. Each FOB may look different that the last, but it's still the same old grind. But Infinite gets away with it because it's so much fun". (First quote right at 11:40)

Why do you make me own you so badly????

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mowgly1

@dabear said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

"In going somewhat open-world, Halo Infinite's campaign doesn't have quite the same bespokeness. Each FOB may look different that the last, but it's still the same old grind. But Infinite gets away with it because it's so much fun". (First quote right at 11:40)

Because he said combat is fun like old Halos. But looks like you DELIBERATELY ignoring from 11:40 and onwards where he mentioned WHAT IS LOST. Cut the crap Xbox, fan.

That means no surprises & it feels repetitive because you're just going to where it tells you and killing everything there, and that's it. Again & again. It's the same problem Ubisoft games have where there really isn't anything to discover because the game's already told you that it's exactly there.

So, do you have a problem with what author of this video said, Xbox fan!?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HalcyonScarlet

@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Me lied when i just mentioned what author of the video said. Cut the crap, Xbox fan.

You're so dumb, you posted the unedited evidence yourself. Anyone who watches the whole video will know you are lying.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3740 Posts

Halo needs a long break. It's just not interesting anymore.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mowgly1
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:

You're so dumb, you posted the unedited evidence yourself. Anyone who watches the whole video will know you are lying.

Dude, cut the crap. He literally mentioned repetitiveness. He literally said that would kill for some variety in scenery and he literally said that 343 is still missing special something that'll make the game and it's story feel memorable. Also he compared surpises and other shit at very beginning with Elden Ring.

Like i've said, that means no surprises & it feels repetitive because you're just going to where it tells you and killing everything there, and that's it. Again & again. It's the same problem Ubisoft games have where there really isn't anything to discover because the game's already told you that it's exactly there.

Also, i'm not the only one who mentioned repetitiveness and variety. Also, it is mentioned by others in youtube comment section. So, Xbox fan, go there, and tell them that they are liars. Go there. Yell at them

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Halo, outside of the original, has always had a mediocre single player experience. Sure the co-op is nice, but the rest is 'meh'. Story and world are a bit comical and bland and it really doesn't try anything new. It's all about the MP.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HalcyonScarlet
@regnaston said:

@HalcyonScarlet: not sure why they allow people like Mowgly in the first place.. 1st class clown

He's worse, because he makes stuff up by using his perception of what people say rather than taking exactly what they say. Literally fake news.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By regnaston

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@regnaston said:

He's worse, because he makes stuff up by using his perception of what people say rather than taking exactly what they say. Literally fake news.

he doesnt have the mental capacity to actually perceive what they are saying and understand it... total gong show

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Dude, cut the crap. He literally mentioned repetitiveness. He literally said that would kill for some variety in scenery and he literally said that 343 is still missing special something that'll make the game and it's story feel memorable. Also he compared surpises and other shit at very beginning with Elden Ring.

Like i've said, that means no surprises & it feels repetitive because you're just going to where it tells you and killing everything there, and that's it. Again & again. It's the same problem Ubisoft games have where there really isn't anything to discover because the game's already told you that it's exactly there.

Also, i'm not the only one who mentioned repetitiveness and variety. Also, it is mentioned by others in youtube comment section. So, Xbox fan, go there, and tell them that they are liars. Go there. Yell at them

I am certainly not going to argue your retarded perceptions. You are putting words in his mouth even now and you know it. He never said "repetitive" he said "familiarly repetitive" as in all Halo games.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

you know what they say, its like arguing with a pigeon.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

@hardwenzen: Dude, it looked bad visually because everything you watch and play is in 1080p.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mowgly1
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@regnaston said:

@regnaston said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@regnaston said:

he doesnt have the mental capacity to actually perceive what they are saying and understand it... total gong show

Excuses, excuses by Xbox fans. Looks like in youtube comment section are other ones who said that Halo Infinite is repetitive and boring like author said. Xbox fans = synonyms for spinning and ignorance

One of the comments :

"So Far cry halo, even copying the grapple but without the random fun elements just what I wanted in a halo campaign ........ Will wait and see what's in the full campaign but sounds like I will be happy to get it on game pass for nearly nothing :)"

"He isn't; he's comparing the way the worlds of each are populated. There's interesting stuff to stumble upon in Elden Ring, whereas the open world in this game is barren."

Yeah, Xbox fans, chill. Gunplay is fun ( as author mentioned it few times ), though. I think that matters the most to you. Don't be annoyed by repetitiveness and lack of variety in this game

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Dude, it looked bad visually because everything you watch and play is in 1080p.

Returnal :-P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HalcyonScarlet

@iamthetruth101 said:
@mowgly1 said:
Yikes!
Loading Video...

It must be painful right now owning a PS5 and having nothing to play but Battlefield and Vanguard, can't risk playing Rec-Turnal again and bricking the console.

All he can do is lie and make stuff up to pass the time.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mowgly1

@iamthetruth101 said:
@mowgly1 said:
Yikes!
Loading Video...

It must be painful right now owning a PS5 and having nothing to play but Battlefield and Vanguard, can't risk playing Rec-Turnal again and bricking the console.

And you waited for 1 frickin year for some, so called "exclusive" for bragging. LOL.

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@sealionact said:

Better to play Returnal than have a PC cheaters in MP in Halo.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 regnaston

@mowgly1: You have the mental capacity of a 5 year old why would I trust your take on anything?? You do not understand 90% of what you are watching in the video or you purposely misrepresent what they are saying. You are a clown and I am not going to waste my time on you any longer

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44354 Posts

Woo hoo! Less then two weeks away now! So very hyped, can’t wait. 😁

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mowgly1
@regnaston said:

@mowgly1: You have the mental capacity of a 5 year old why would I trust your take on anything?? You do not understand 90% of what you are watching in the video or you purposely misrepresent what they are saying. You are a clown and I am not going to waste my time on you any longer

Me misrepresent? Really? Just quoted what author of video said. LOL Oh, i'm not the only one who mentioned repetitiveness and lack of variety. Alongside with comments from youtube section... LOL

Don't worry. Everything is fine. Gunplay is fun.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dabear

@mowgly1 said:
@dabear said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Because he said combat is fun like old Halos. But looks like you DELIBERATELY ignoring from 11:40 and onwards where he mentioned WHAT IS LOST. Cut the crap Xbox, fan.

That means no surprises & it feels repetitive because you're just going to where it tells you and killing everything there, and that's it. Again & again. It's the same problem Ubisoft games have where there really isn't anything to discover because the game's already told you that it's exactly there.

First off, I am supposed to ignore the first 12 minutes, where he talks about everything that is good about it and how fun it is?

OK...

Again - he played the first 4 levels. He said "Waiting for a Silent Cartographer moment". Is that moment coming? IDK, and neither does he - because he was only allowed to play the first 4 levels.

Jesus, you haters really want this game to be bad, don't you?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HalcyonScarlet

@mowgly1 said:
@iamthetruth101 said:
@mowgly1 said:
Yikes!
Loading Video...

And you waited for 1 frickin year for some, so called "exclusive" for bragging. LOL.

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@sealionact said:

Better to play Returnal than have a PC cheaters in MP in Halo.

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22391 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@iamthetruth101 said:
@mowgly1 said:
Yikes!
Loading Video...

Pretty much... sad bunch.

Like I've said before, these cows literally have more fun trawling the internet for the slightest bit of negative Xbox news than actually playing their supposed PS5s (or PCs when things turn bad - it depends on the day).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Eh, he had quite a few positives to say about it. I'm in no hurry to pick it up. Not until they have coop campaisn.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

Watched it. Fair criticism, especially if you are one of those people that doesn't really love gameplay. The kind that don't play Halo solo on Legendary because it is too hard and they suck. The kind that want walking simulators, explore the scenery in open worlds, and discover things they find fascinating or pretty, but really have little to do with gameplay.

I get that there can be great gameplay and wow factors, so I don't completely discount his opinion, but it seems he is a cutscene guy. He does reference Elden Ring and unexpected dragon attacks or far cry haunted house. Reminds me of Skyrim and unexpected dragon attacks that turned out to be utterly boring. How that game turned fighting dragons into a horrifyingly bad and all too easy game experience still amazes me today. So I don't put too much stock in those things simply because they exist in a game.

Still I think his main point is no matter how well executed the first 5 hours is, what he has played is largely more of the same. Which is probably fine for most people. He also opened the door to the possibility of something newish or wowing later, which I suppose is possible with a new enemy type or whatever. I think it is comment about scenery that suggests to me that his and my priorities of a good game are different.

Rehash and Clunk has great visuals, particle effects, etc. It also has weak gameplay. Forza Horizon 5 has amazing visuals, tons of content, and it bores me to death.

Vanquish had great gameplay and everything else was mediocre....I loved it.

TL:DR It depends on what you want out of a game. To each their own.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mowgly1

@dabear said:
@mowgly1 said:
@dabear said:
@mowgly1 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

First off, I am supposed to ignore the first 12 minutes, where he talks about everything that is good about it and how fun it is?

OK...

Again - he played the first 4 levels. He said "Waiting for a Silent Cartographer moment". Is that moment coming? IDK, and neither does he - because he was only allowed to play the first 4 levels.

No need to ignored it surely ( like he mentioned that gunplay is good, grapple is good adition, ).. Also looks like you DELIBERATELY ignored the part with Elden Ring which he mentioned it again towards the end of the video. Gunplay can be fun with repetitive experience, like Far Cry is.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HalcyonScarlet

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@iamthetruth101 said:
@mowgly1 said:
Yikes!
Loading Video...

Pretty much... sad bunch.

Like I've said before, these cows literally have more fun trawling the internet for the slightest bit of negative Xbox news than actually playing their supposed PS5s (or PCs when things turn bad - it depends on the day).

Ironically, when you watch the video he posted, it looks pretty fun. Actually got me more interested than I was.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

After stints of disappointing recent FPS releases, safe to say, Halo will be one that I will really get. Sucks Sony fans don't have an actual good FPS that has recently released.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HalcyonScarlet
@mowgly1 said:
@regnaston said:

Me misrepresent? Really? Just quoted what author of video said. LOL Oh, i'm not the only one who mentioned repetitiveness and lack of variety. Alongside with comments from youtube section... LOL

Don't worry. Everything is fine. Gunplay is fun.

Firstly, you didn't quote, you paraphrased... And you did it in a way that suits your negative narrative.

Secondly, youtube comment section is toxic, why would we care what is being said there or in neogaf of all places.

The games not even out, how do YouTube commentators and Neogaf posters know anything about it? Even Eurogamer are limited by an NDA in what they can talk about.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dabear
@mowgly1 said:
@dabear said:
@mowgly1 said:
@dabear said:

OK...

No need to ignored it surely ( like he mentioned that gunplay is good, grapple is good adition, ).. Also looks like you DELIBERATELY ignored the part with Elden Ring which he mentioned it again towards the end of the video. Gunplay can be fun with repetitive experience, like Far Cry is.

Your thread topic: "

Eurogamer : Halo Infinite Campaign Hands-On Impressions Of The First 4 Missions; boring and repetitive experience"

You completely overstated the negative and did not mention the positive. Fun =/= Boring