mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58509 Posts

So I go to give Exoprimal a try. I figure "Hey, futuristic exoskeleton soldiers fighting dinosaur invasion, and it's online and on Game Pass. Why not?"

So I start downloading it and leave for work. I get back, see it is finished, and boot it up.

Fail 1: I have to sign up for an account.

Fair enough. A lot of games require this, especially online games.

Fail 2: has to be a Capcom account.

Why does Capcom need their own crap? OK, whatever, I try to back out and....

Fail 3: can't even go to the main menu without logging in

...I can't. Literally no option to work around it. No singleplayer. Admittedly, I didn't research this game much, but I figured I'd at least be able to go to the main menu, look around, mess with options, see if there's an offline mode or a bot option, you know, to see if I can try the game out before signing up.

Fail 4: I have to link my MS account to the Capcom account.

Wait, what? Why? Because Game Pass? So by the time I signed up for a Capcom account (which I already regretted doing, because honestly who needs to sign up for more bullshit), now I am prompted to link my Microsoft--my personal MS account--with Capcom, a company I frankly don't trust with serious stuff like my MS-associated information.

------------------

I don't know, I found the whole ordeal of simply trying to get into the game pretty alienating. The level of distrust Capcom clearly has for the consumer is staggering, and they clearly would go to any lengths to keep their IP secure, including even chasing away potential players.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but it just isn't worth it.

Anyone else try this game out? Is it fun?

Or anyone else have a story like this, where they couldn't be bothered to jump through the hoops a paranoid, distrustful corporation makes their paying customers do?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

Get with the times man, create an account, buy microtransactions, accept DRM.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

My game doesn't work.

It takes a month to work.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrbojangles25

@SolidGame_basic said:

The thing that kills me is I'm willing to get with the times a little bit, I mean I signed up for the Capcom account. It's just the linking to my MS account and how they won't even let me into the damn game without doing so that really annoys me.

I signed up, Capcom, let me into your damn game to play.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1273 Posts

That's enough to get me not to play.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

The thing that kills me is I'm willing to get with the times a little bit, I mean I signed up for the Capcom account. It's just the linking to my MS account and how they won't even let me into the damn game without doing so that really annoys me.

Come on bro, give them your credit card number

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39707 Posts

The capcom account makes sense since its needed from crossplay. Their games didn't have it, but now they do (began with SF6 i believe), so i can finally, decades later, have a monster hunter game that is crossplay... now just announce this MF!

As for the game, this will be such a colossal failure that within a month, it'll be close to 4/10 Redfall numbers on steam. Nobody asked for this garbage. Everyone been asking for Dino Crisis reboot, not this dawgshiet.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

@SolidGame_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Come on bro, give them your credit card number

Satan? Is that you?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25
@uninspiredcup said:

My game doesn't work.

Ah yes, Capcom did SF6, isn't that your main game right now?

That isn't going very well? My roomie was big into it but he is kind of over it now, I think he is really disappointed in it actually.

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

None of those were fails.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

Capcom account. lul

Yeah sounds like my patience would run out long before I would ever play this game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

They still haven't even fixed the deadzones to RE4 remake wither, still at 25%, I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

My game doesn't work.

Ah yes, Capcom did SF6, isn't that your main game right now?

That isn't going very well? My roomie was big into it but he is kind of over it now, I think he is really disappointed in it actually.

I'm just going to play Last Blade 2 for the next 30-40 years depending on how long live.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Their games didn't have it, but now they do (began with SF6 i believe),

We had the CFN for SFV and MVCI as well. Which were also crossplay, but it's also great for universal stat tracking across their fighting games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

I may have linked a Capcom account to my XBL account years back, I don't remember my password but curious if I'll bypass all that playing off from my account already.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2259 Posts

Game is pretty fun to be honest, not seeing this being the new overwatch or anything, but still if you like dinosaurs it’s definitely worth a try on gamepass!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Stop playing games. Pay e-girls to do NPC videos instead. Be hip again.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

We don’t call them Crapcom for nothing.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Yeah get ready to do the same with Sony's Live service games. 😆😆

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34775 Posts

That wouldn't actually bother me that much as it's a one time annoyance.

I'm more bothered by the game being designed for milking people. Wouldn't even think about trying it.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3506 Posts

What's most shocking isn't that you need all that shit, but why on earth, if you're already logged in on your system, can't they just use your account to do whatever needs to be done?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

That kind of stuff doesn’t bother me. In fact I like that it keeps track of a bunch of stats and what not for the Capcom games that I play. Made a Capcom account and linked it to my Microsoft account years ago. Was all simple enough and a one time thing.

As for the game the gameplay is a lot of fun and solid enough. Feels a bit light in the content of it though. Needs more maps to play on or something. Kind of interesting way to unlock story content. Unfortunately the story is very “meh” and characters are pretty uninteresting. Nice variety in the classes and their combat mechanics though. Not sure about the game’s long term viability but I am enjoying it well enough currently. Have to see what future support for the game will be like.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Hearing that forcing someone to play Exoprimal for 10 hours straight is officially the best way to torture terrorists. Think they are even giving them controllers with drift on both sticks🤡

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16605 Posts

@mrbojangles25: there was a clown in this forum named hardwenzen 🤡 who claimed that nobody would play this game. Looks like he lost once again.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Archangel3371

It is quite impressive the number of dinosaurs that are onscreen at a given time.

I also like the gimmick of two teams competing at clearing out waves of them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen  Online

Wait a second, this game is out?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂The marketing budget for this thing is smaller than the cost of a Mc Donalds family meal🤭wtf Capcom.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

The shit some of y’all bitch about…

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6722 Posts

I had to create a 2k account just so I could play Lego 2k Drive's MP which is bullshit as I pay MS to play online, now I need an account for every mofo to play their game online. Definitely alienates people.

And a side note is that I completed the game before I signed up an account with 2k, came back the next day and all my money was wiped from the game, and if you play it for an hour and earn say 10k turn it off and come back the next day the money is gone again, all because I had to sign up an account with them, 2k can get fire trucked.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Last_Lap

@ghostofgolden: Yeah we could bitch about whether Gamepass makes money or not, even though it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrbojangles25

@ghostofgolden said:

The shit some of y’all bitch about…

Everyone wants to make a game-as-a-service, no one really wants to provide the service aspect of it though. That's the biggest failing of this market these days in my opinion.

I'm not so much bitching about having to sign up for multiple accounts and give more information out than I am comfortable doing, it's more I am bitching about the fact they dont have a better system in place for doing this.

Capcom couldn't, you know, coordinate with MS for this? Make all that info automatically transfer (like it does with literally hundreds of other games I could play online) so we can use our built-in login info that is with Game Pass (or Steam, or whatever).

It's just lazy on their part. Yes, I'm aware of the irony and how I could also be accused of being lazy, but hey...Capcom wants my money, the burden is on them to come and get it.

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Agent_Stroud
Member since 2020 • 541 Posts

Seriously? They could have at least allowed you to sign in via Xbox Network like how Prodeus does if you don’t want to make an account on their website.

Sheesh, Capcom, you’re lucky I already have an account from my days of torturing myself with RE6’s online co-op and the lack of anybody to play with most days, otherwise I’d be passing on an otherwise interesting gimmick.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrbojangles25
@kathaariancode said:

What's most shocking isn't that you need all that shit, but why on earth, if you're already logged in on your system, can't they just use your account to do whatever needs to be done?

THat's what I'm saying!

This is a game-as-a-service....SERVE ME! And i don't mean that from an entitlement standpoint, I'm just saying, like, do the bare minimum of eliminating inconvenience and make something that should be a low-effort hobby a low-effort hobby.

Corporation A: Hey, I don't want to risk my game being pirated, but I don't want to inconvenience my customers eithers.

Corporation B: Oh OK I get it, well, they're already registered with us and we have the infrastructure, how about for a 3% share of revenue we just authenticate them for you with our existing accounts on Game Pass

Corporation A: cool, cool, thanks bro.

Corporation B: You got it, dude. Aren't you glad we finally decided that the way we were using capitalism wasn't working and instead focused on making a good product and serving our consumers?

Corporation A: I sure am. Chairman Bojangles sure had the write idea when he wrote that book.

Corporation B: He sure did. He sure did. ALL GLORY TO GREAT LEADER BOJANGLES!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Archangel3371

@mrbojangles25: I think it has more to do with Capcom handling the stats and data of the games that their customers play for a variety of reasons such as cross play, cross progression, etc. and less to do about piracy.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

People acting like this is something new, had to do the same thing for Battlefield 3 back in the day.

If my lazy ass can figure out how to do it so can anybody else. If anything is gonna kill this game off its cause people are tired of live service/online only games.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3506 Posts

@Ballroompirate: But that's his point, why create such inconvenience to the costumer? It only hurts the game.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

Easy pass. Game looks like trash

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Archangel3371

Been getting some more variety as I’ve been progressing. Just fought a Neo T-Rex. Was pretty cool.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49591 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Reminds me of the crap Ubisoft does with their games. Hey you want to buy a game off Steam? Cool but by the way, here's our own proprietary log-in mechanism that you have to utilize. -__-

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@mrbojangles25: Reminds me of the crap Ubisoft does with their games. Hey you want to buy a game off Steam? Cool but by the way, here's our own proprietary log-in mechanism that you have to utilize. -__-

Yeah but even that wasn't as bad as this.

Still bad, though.

I just don't like having to link my MS account to the Capcom thing. The whole Steam-Ubisoft thing was liek two different things, and so long as you have an account for both, no problem.

@Archangel3371 said:

Been getting some more variety as I’ve been progressing. Just fought a Neo T-Rex. Was pretty cool.

Eh, I'm getting my dino fix from my D&D campaign Tomb of Annihilation. Just fought an undead T-rex that vomits zombies. Pretty great.

Exoprimal did look cool, just not good enough to make me go through all of this.

There was a certain amount of disrespect I felt by this whole ordeal. Like they couldn't even let me get to the main menu FFS.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Archangel3371

@mrbojangles25: Fair enough I guess. For me it’s really quite minor. It seems you already made the account and everything so may as well check out the game.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9900 Posts

I couldn't agree more with you MrB! The industry needs to figure out how to solve this at their end, rather than dumping all this trash on their consumers. It's very annoying and puts a lot of friction between you and the game.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

Yeah, the Capcom account should be more than enough.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Archangel3371

Finished the story aspect of the game and overall the game is quite good. The final mission had both teams working together and it was a pretty cool battle. I’d give a 7.5 out of 10.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 281 Posts

Yeah I deleted the game after running into that bullshit. Not signing up for any unnecessary accounts.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Archangel3371

Been playing this game all week and had a really fun time with it. Only have one achievement left to get which is the “Kill 100,000 Dinosaurs”. Got about 42,000 so far. Got some very cool looking skins for some of the characters and a bunch of other things for them. Going to take a break to play other games but I will definitely return to play it some more from time to time. Very interested in seeing what additional content Capcom may bring out for it in the future. Really solid and fun game. I’d say it’s my favourite in the “Hero shooter” genre.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 777 Posts

God, when will Capcom remember Dino Crisis ?

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 956 Posts
@last_lap said:

@ghostofgolden: Yeah we could bitch about whether Gamepass makes money or not, even though it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

It may not affect you NOW but you can be damn sure it will affect you in the future. If GP doesnt make money then start seeing the quality drop on its day 1 releases. Even now you barely have any noteworthy new AAA games that arent MS games let alone later down the line if GP doesnt bring the $ to devs or MS

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Last_Lap

@vatususreturns: Haven't you heard that most people (cows) say that all MS games are low quality because they're day 1 on GP.

Whether GP is successful or a failure, MS is not going to lower game budgets for games.

Jolyyoljogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jolyyoljogger
Member since 2023 • 90 Posts
@vatususreturns said:
@last_lap said:

It may not affect you NOW but you can be damn sure it will affect you in the future. If GP doesnt make money then start seeing the quality drop on its day 1 releases. Even now you barely have any noteworthy new AAA games that arent MS games let alone later down the line if GP doesnt bring the $ to devs or MS

how its gamepass not going to bring the $?

the alternative console PS has what coming? spiderman 2 lol. The xbox showcase showed a hell of a lot more stuff coming to gamepass than PS has coming.

the future is bright for xbox gamers.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 956 Posts

@jolyyoljogger said:
@vatususreturns said:
@last_lap said:

how its gamepass not going to bring the $?

the alternative console PS has what coming? spiderman 2 lol. The xbox showcase showed a hell of a lot more stuff coming to gamepass than PS has coming.

the future is bright for xbox gamers.

That still has sh*t to do with the $ GP will bring. GP is still a new thing in gaming, devs are still figuring it out. They'll follow where the money is so the release of AAA games day 1 such as Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 and most recently starfield are still early bets. They want to pull GP subscriptions so they better put good content in there early

If these bets fail in the long run and the $ doesnt come in as they hope (and going by recent statistics, GP subs stagnated more tha MS hoped), you can bet your a** quality content will be affected in the future

Yeah, this is just speculation but informed speculation at that