sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Forza Motorsport 7 will enter end of life cycle, meaning the game and DLC cannot be bought, and will be removed from subscriptions such as Gamepass. The reason is due to expiry of car licenses in the game. Various previous Forza games also have been delisted due to same reason.

+ Gamespot article.

Did you enjoy the game? I personally only really got into simcade just few years back with GT Sports and out of curiousity bought Forza Motorsport 7 because having fun with GTS very excellent multiplayer and really loved Forza Horizon 3. FM8 is expected next year but personally having played FM7 eh I skip. GT7 Daily Races and FiA sponsored regional seasonal tourneys is where its at.

* from my experience, turned out despite GTS have such a weak single player career mode, FM7 is even worse its basically just a list of races to go through up to Forza rank. Atleast GTS still have many varied challenges and license test to pass to waste your time. Though Drivatar is vastly better than GTS stupid PS2 A.I. . Most important is FM7 multiplayer, it is somehow even worst its ram heaven. What with reckless driving from everyone especially in low to mid tier lobby? These Forza drivers really lacks the disicpline found in your usual sim racing games. Its basically free for all to the shadow realm when your taking the corner. People ram into you to slow down their cars what the fk come on. Everyone, relax dont be toxic lets enjoy a clean fun race.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46493 Posts

With no Forza Motorsport 8 in sight, this is just sad

I actually started playing Forza Motorsport 7 just recently. In 4K/HDR the game looks just glorious.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sakaiXx

@R4gn4r0k: unfortunate too. Have you tried the multiplayer portion? Less than 2 month to play around.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Dead thread.

Meanwhile Forza, in all it's AwesomeSauce forms lives rent free in the bovine mind. lol :P

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I have over 500 hours in FM7 99% of which is online. Love it. Even now you can sit in a hopper and have full 24 car races all evening.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k said:

I actually started playing Forza Motorsport 7 just recently. In 4K/HDR the game looks just glorious.

Loading Video...

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gym_Lion

@sakaixx said:

@R4gn4r0k: unfortunate too. Have you tried the multiplayer portion? Less than 2 month to play around.

If you own it you'll still be able to play it. They're just going to stop selling due to expired licences.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

IMO, racing game and sports games that suffer from these issues might be better off if an indie studio created a basic game that had all the correct mechanics but opened it to end user mods. For example, instead of a soccer game, FIFA, why doesn't someone create the framework of one, using generic or made up team names for example, but allow editable leagues, teams, rosters, stats, etc. The developer wouldn't be responsible if some third parties maintained a mod including modern teams. The same could be true for a racing sim.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sakaiXx

@gym_lion said:
@sakaixx said:

If you own it you'll still be able to play it. They're just going to stop selling due to expired licences.

Noted

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sakaiXx
@eoten said:

IMO, racing game and sports games that suffer from these issues might be better off if an indie studio created a basic game that had all the correct mechanics but opened it to end user mods. For example, instead of a soccer game, FIFA, why doesn't someone create the framework of one, using generic or made up team names for example, but allow editable leagues, teams, rosters, stats, etc. The developer wouldn't be responsible if some third parties maintained a mod including modern teams. The same could be true for a racing sim.

PES does exactly that. On PC/PS you can import works by more dedicated fans. Its ways to get around the FIFA licensing issues that bar PES from obtaining club names and badges.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

To bad Xbox isn't.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gym_Lion

The MP hoppers can certainly be a free for all, but only at the back of the pack. If you start in the top 6 you do get a good race. I always try and put in at least 1 clean lap to ensure I start towards the front of the grid. I find most races are respectful and if you get taken out they will wait and let you passed.

Other than that try Leagues people take it a bit more seriously.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice

@sts106mat said:
@mowgly1 said:

To bad Xbox isn't.

what a sad pathetic loser you are.

Indeed. Lloyd's best friend Harry perhaps. lol

:P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

Technically you will have to purchase physical game and that will be the only option to buy Forza Motorsport 7 after September 15th.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts
@sakaixx said:

Why? You won't be able to buy it, you can still play it. They didn't say they're shutting off the online. MS don't usually shut off the online on their games.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sakaiXx

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@sakaixx said:

Why? You won't be able to buy it, you can still play it. They didn't say they're shutting off the online.

I thought they were

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HalcyonScarlet
@R4gn4r0k said:

Forza Motorsport will probably come next year. It won't be called Forza Motorsport 8 though. Just Forza Motorsport.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7224 Posts

@sakaixx: No, only Sony would do something that dumb.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sakaiXx

@mesome713: I agree.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Does this happen with GT games? I have no idea since I only buy physical copies.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

More into FH, personally, but it's a shame because funny enough I was planning on playing it on GP. Now I won't bother

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

I played enough of 7 I'm ready for 8.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45328 Posts

Spent the $20 on the Ultimate edition.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70025 Posts

@xantufrog: You can just buy the game.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xantufrog  Moderator

@Pedro: nah. It's one of those "I'll play it on GP but not enough of my thing to buy"

Like I said, i prefer FH.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70025 Posts

@xantufrog: Understood.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HalcyonScarlet

@sakaixx said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@sakaixx said:

Why? You won't be able to buy it, you can still play it. They didn't say they're shutting off the online.

I thought they were

There's very few Xbox games dating back to the Xbox 360 that you can't still play online. And most of those are some third party games.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@xantufrog said:

More into FH, personally, but it's a shame because funny enough I was planning on playing it on GP. Now I won't bother

But what if you play it and realise you like it. When it comes close to September, MS will sell it at a heavily discounted price. So I'd get it then. I got Forza Horizon 3 dirt cheap digitally for the same reason. I'd get the DLC now though, because I wasn't able to get all the DLC for FH3 as not all were for sale. I think I missed out on a few Ferrari Cars and Porsche cars as well as a few others. Maybe someone is selling them on the market place.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@sakaixx said:

I thought they were

nope .. people who own copies (digitally or physical) can still play them both online and offline

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@SecretPolice: you don't sound as cool saying rent free as you think you do. It's pretty lame to be honest. By your logic everyone should just stop posting because the topic will be "rent free". Shame that you nothing to say about the actual topic. On topic, it's worrisome that this game is basically cancelled so soon.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 regnaston

@Sagemode87 said:

@SecretPolice: you don't sound as cool saying rent free as you think you do. It's pretty lame to be honest. Shame that you nothing to say about the actual topic. On topic, it's worrisome that this game is basically cancelled so soon.

It will be 4 years old in October

And for people who want the game they can still buy (For around $25) it until they delist in in September and the game will still be playable after they delist it

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@HalcyonScarlet: I mean, I can install it - but to me this clearly means FM8 is gonna drop soon, and it's not like I've never played a Forza Motorsport before. I doubt I'll discover something new about the series - I was just looking to step up from Apex which is what I've been getting my more sim-ey fix on for a while. But I'm in no rush

I also had an issue where when AOW:Planetfall left GP and it was "deactivated" Windows wouldn't uninstall the f*cking game because I "didn't have it" even though it was locking up space on my HDD mocking me (and Windows won't grant you permissions to edit those folders). Had to go in through Linux to surgically remove the shit from my drive. Not worth it. I'll just grab 8 when it comes and play other stuff in the meantime

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

A moment of silence for Forza players

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44632 Posts

Curious what licenses are for, the cars, the soundtracks? They really should try keeping these games available longer.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@regnaston said:
@Sagemode87 said:

@SecretPolice: you don't sound as cool saying rent free as you think you do. It's pretty lame to be honest. Shame that you nothing to say about the actual topic. On topic, it's worrisome that this game is basically cancelled so soon.

It will be 4 years old in October

And for people who want the game they can still buy (For around $25) it until they delist in in September and the game will still be playable after they delist it

Or you could always just buy a used copy off of eBay or GameStop

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Aren't sports and racing games pretty much just good for when they release? With the next one coming the old one becomes irrelevant.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lamprey263

Hopefully there is a nice sale in last weeks of its availability. Happened for FH3, got the Hotwheels and Blizzard Mountain (or whatever that was called) for cheap, and man that was worth it. Never been big on the circuit racer stuff but might consider grabbing this, just see what the price is.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HalcyonScarlet

@xantufrog: I'll be surprised if the new FM is released before November 2022.

I don't see them dropping it any time near FH5.

They've also bought enough time with releases that they don't need to rush the development of FM.

I'm glad they didn't rush an FM game for last year or this year. Considering Turn 10s record, I'm confident it'll be decent.

I'm also hoping that it's an Xbox Series and PC game like MSFS is, so that they can really make use of the new CPUs. By the time it comes out, there's no reason people can't upgrade to an Xbox Series console. Even the Series S may be even cheaper by then.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xantufrog  Moderator

@lamprey263: I'm so mad I missed the hot wheels. I kept putting it off and then missed my chance

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lamprey263

@xantufrog: I saw they added it to Forza Horizon 4, picked that up when the expansion pass on sale for like $20 or so, but I better remember to grab base game in future when it is also on sale as I play FH4 through Game Pass

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Same, that was the very first game I got into on GamePass when I got an XsX

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1262 Posts

This is pretty lame... not that I care about the game.

I hate how games with licensed music end up losing some of their tracks after a certain amount of time. (Midnight Club, GTA)

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

forza is dead the end of gamepass is near. Gamepass losing all its games if you can't keep em why put em on the service its just gonna break peoples hearts netflix nothing ever goes away anymore they make and keep their stuff.

NETFLIX is the netflix of gaming.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7334 Posts

@xantufrog: I swear I'm not trying to rub this in your face, but the Hot Wheels dlc is really freaking good. It's the racing game I didn't know I always wanted. Sim-cade physics on arcade tracks. I would recommend tracking down one of those dlc download code gift cards if you can. Pretty sure they still work.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Gawd is MS so cheap . Just renew the license , instead they rather be Anti -Customer

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 regnaston

@daredevils2k: anti consumer to announce that a 4 year old game will no longer be available to buy (digitally at least) after September but the game itself (if already owned after they delist it) will still be 100% playable... yeah that seems anti-consumer smh

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xantufrog  Moderator

@judaspete: no it's cool - I know I missed out. I didn't know there were download code gift cards - thanks for the tip!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@mowgly1 said:

To bad Xbox isn't.

Really? Put some effort into it at least.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44362 Posts

Going to have to grab some of the dlc for this game before it goes away.