Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2547 Posts

Story

Summary

• PC players can pre-order Forza Motorsport on the Microsoft Store and starting today for the first time, Steam, with cross-play and cross-progression available across PC and console.
  • Forza Motorsport is optimized to run across a wide range of PCs, taking advantage of cutting-edge PC hardware and technologies.
  • The iconic Nürburgring GP circuit will be available in Forza Motorsport at launch, and as part of our commitment to delivering ongoing content monthly post-launch, the Nordschleife will be coming in Spring 2024.
  • Players on PC and Xbox Series X|S who pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle can play the full game up to 5 days early.
GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GhostOfGolden

This RAM/VRAM requirements/recommendations are pretty high. I wish the Series S the best of luck…

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

OMG, OMG, OMG...

lol :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Day one. I have this 3 month Gamepass code laying here and I'm gonna use it to play this GOTY 2023

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k

@ghostofgolden said:

• Players on PC and Xbox Series X|S who pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle can play the full game up to 5 days early.

Just to be clear: how is this done with the other examples (Starfield, Forza Horizon 5) do Gamepass peasants have to wait?

I'm asking because other subscriptions (Uplay, EA) include the highest possible edition.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20125 Posts

• The iconic Nürburgring GP circuit will be available in Forza Motorsport at launch, and as part of our commitment to delivering ongoing content monthly post-launch, the Nordschleife will be coming in Spring 2024.

Why? Why can't the Nordschleife be available at launch? It's been in every Forza IIRC.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GhostOfGolden

@R4gn4r0k: I believe GamePass players have to wait. But with Starfield, the early pass is discounted for Game Pass subs. I think that’s the most they’re doing though

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zero_epyon
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Just to be clear: how is this done with the other examples (Starfield, Forza Horizon 5) do Gamepass peasants have to wait?

I'm asking because other subscriptions (Uplay, EA) include the highest possible edition.

This is how they're getting around having to drop the day one release from Gamepass or adding a Gamepass+ tier and moving day one releases there. Kinda smart.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8158 Posts

i'll give it a try on Game Pass..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Why? Why can't the Nordschleife be available at launch? It's been in every Forza IIRC.

Turn 10 is doing a brand new laser scan of the track, replacing the current dated track. The current track is missing a lot of elevation, track textures, track imperfections, asphalt updates, corner bumps and updates and more. They are going to have it ready for gamers in spring.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ghostofgolden:

@Zero_epyon said:

This is how they're getting around having to drop the day one release from Gamepass or adding a Gamepass+ tier and moving day one releases there. Kinda smart.

Thought as much, but thanks for confirming guys.

I never liked paying extra for advanced access to a game. I mean I get that people do it but for me it's like: the 5 day window passes and you're money is basically gone.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k

In further news this game will have DLSS: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/forza-motorsport-supports-dlss-2-fsr-2-0-directstorage-on-pc/

I'll certainly be trying to run this at 4K DLAA.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kvallyx: they should have started with this track. This is a big miss for me.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:

Still coming in spring. Also, even if they delayed the game to include it day one, you would wait the same amount of time. No misses.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

@kvallyx:

Still tho, you gotta know...

lolol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:

@kvallyx:

Still tho, you gotta know...

lolol :P

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Antwan3K

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Still coming in spring. Also, even if they delayed the game to include it day one, you would wait the same amount of time. No misses.

they probably couldn't get it done because of the Series S..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KvallyX

@Antwan3K said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

they probably couldn't get it done because of the Series S..

Oh no you DI INT!!!

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3440 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: They did this before, it's not the first time they do a "special early" edition ahead of Gamepass and general release.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

The game's already been delayed. This is the most popular track and my all-time favorite and they pushed it off to Spring. They expect me to keep paying for gamepass and waiting for the content I actually want. They're lucky I got 6 months worth left...

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Antwan3K

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

The game's already been delayed. This is the most popular track and my all-time favorite and they pushed it off to Spring. They expect me to keep paying for gamepass and waiting for the content I actually want. They're lucky I got 6 months worth left...

the only reason you have Game Pass is for the Nordschleife track in Forza Motorsports?..

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K: flight simulator, forza and starfield are the main reasons. Kids play games off of it too.

It’s not a long term thing and I got a deal on getting six months worth before the price hike.

That’s besides the point though. This is one of the most popular tracks in sim racing and they chose to delay it instead of making sure it was in there day one like editions before it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Ok? You will get the track when it's ready, just like everyone else. The games as a service isn't anything new for racers that drip feed content every month.....

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

@ghostofgolden: Buddy the Series S is 10GB - perfect bc the texture is not for 4k it is 1440p and need lower RAM only and small Xbox OS do not use large RAM.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

I just hope there is no funny business. I just wants to pays my money and gets my game with good SP content and that's it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kvallyx: spring 2024 means a lot of things. My GP ends in just before march. So I won’t get to race there unless I buy the game or renew GP if that track gets dropped in late March, April or May.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zero_epyon

@thatforumuser: that 10 GB is shared between games and the OS. Games have less than those 10 GB to use.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KvallyX
@Zero_epyon said:

@kvallyx: spring 2024 means a lot of things. My GP ends in just before march. So I won’t get to race there unless I buy the game or renew GP if that track gets dropped in late March, April or May.

Bummer. Well, the good news is, you will be able to play the game when it releases with all the content it does have at release, as well as all new content that releases each month until March of 2024.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KvallyX
@Zero_epyon said:

@thatforumuser: that 10 GB is shared between games and the OS. Games have less than those 10 GB to use.

Games get 8.5GB of 10GB.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Antwan3K

@Zero_epyon said:

@Antwan3K: flight simulator, forza and starfield are the main reasons. Kids play games off of it too.

[...]

sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal for 6 months..

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44290 Posts

I do love my Forza games and am pretty hyped for this one. Can’t wait.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Antwan3K
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Bummer. Well, the good news is, you will be able to play the game when it releases with all the content it does have at release, as well as all new content that releases each month until March of 2024.

yeah, apparently it's a "bummer" to have to buy games and/or content.. surprising coming from someone who doesn't believe in Day One content in subscription services..

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Xbox SeX have suspend game and suspend full OS when you play the game with using necessary OS only - and optimize now the OS it is fast and small with the new update and unlock more power for the game. Microsoft employees are strong programmer and design the OS and Hardware they know it is easy.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GhostOfGolden
@thatforumuser said:

@ghostofgolden: Buddy the Series S is 10GB - perfect bc the texture is not for 4k it is 1440p and need lower RAM only and small Xbox OS do not use large RAM.

Buddy, the Series S is 10GB of unified memory. Very slow memory at that. The “min” PC spec (low settings)requires 4GB of VRAM and 8GB of system RAM. Recommend is 8GB of VRAM and 16GB of system RAM. The Series S falls short of both of those…

Console gamers still struggling with VRAM vs RAM in 2023 is crazy… The Series S/X and PS5 are using that unified pool of RAM for both tasks. Meaning it won’t perform at a 10GB-16GB GPU equivalent. The Series S because of its RAM speeds doesn’t even stand a chance of handling games like a 6GB GPU from 2016…

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K: Not the point though.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kvallyx: true. I’ll have the access to the game but I’ll be missing out on my favorite track for months. Definitely a bummer.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KvallyX

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zero_epyon

@kvallyx: it better be immaculate dang it!

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Antwan3K

@Zero_epyon said:

@Antwan3K: Not the point though.

you made it the point when you said, "They expect me to keep paying for gamepass and waiting for the content I actually want."..

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zero_epyon

@Antwan3K: so what do you think I was saying here

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56216 Posts

@thatforumuser said:

The XSS was never intended for 4K anyway. 1080p (even 1440p) is fine. 1080p will always be the goat but 1440p is the gold standard on PC IMO.

I have an XSS just to play old games anyway. Never care to use it as my main gaming for today's gaming anyway.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GhostOfGolden

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Games get 8.5GB of 10GB.

That’s not quite how it works. People keep comparing the RAM capacity of the consoles with GPU VRAM, when that’s only part of the function of unified RAM. There are still the “system RAM” functions that are required with games. There was a nice breakdown that Gorilla Games of all people showed back in 2013. Of the 8GB of GDDR5 (I’m having nightmarish flashback right now) only a small portion, like 2GB was used as VRAM at any time. The same with Infamous. They only got 4.5GB for games, and half of that was used at system memory.

And we have to remember, a good chunk of the Series S/X RAM is slower than the rest and is likely only used for the OS. Meaning the Series S is using 8GB of VRAM for both functions… PC gamers will tell you 8GB on a GPU isn’t really gonna cut it for anything above 1080p these days, let alone 8GB total… Maybe that’s why Series S textures have been taking such a hit recently

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Antwan3K

@Zero_epyon: you're saying you're disappointed that your favorite track isn't available at launch.. Totally understandable; bummer..

If you would have left it at that, there's nothing else to discuss..

But you didn't.. You added in "They expect me to keep paying for gamepass and waiting for the content I actually want." followed by "They're lucky I got 6 months worth left" ..

You were the one that brought Game Pass into the conversation.. So, as a result, I asked you about Game Pass..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@davillain said:
@thatforumuser said:

The XSS was never intended for 4K anyway. 1080p (even 1440p) is fine. 1080p will always be the goat but 1440p is the gold standard on PC IMO.

I have an XSS just to play old games anyway. Never care to use it as my main gaming for today's gaming anyway.

Kids these days seem to favor performance over resolution anyway. My boys are into Twitch/YouTube streamers that play their favorite games, and they alway preach “frames win games.” So the first thing my kids do on their Xbox’s is put them in/verify 120fps mode is active, or hop on my PC and turn all the graphical settings down. It’s kind of wild to see. I feel like at age 6-9 I would have done the opposite. But we didn’t have the exposure that kids have today…

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KvallyX

@ghostofgolden said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Games get 8.5GB of 10GB.

That’s not quite how it works. People keep comparing the RAM capacity of the consoles with GPU VRAM, when that’s only part of the function of unified RAM. There are still the “system RAM” functions that are required with games. There was a nice breakdown that Gorilla Games of all people showed back in 2013. Of the 8GB of GDDR5 (I’m having nightmarish flashback right now) only a small portion, like 2GB was used as VRAM at any time. The same with Infamous. They only got 4.5GB for games, and half of that was used at system memory.

And we have to remember, a good chunk of the Series S/X RAM is slower than the rest and is likely only used for the OS. Meaning the Series S is using 8GB of VRAM for both functions… PC gamers will tell you 8GB on a GPU isn’t really gonna cut it for anything above 1080p these days, let alone 8GB total… Maybe that’s why Series S textures have been taking such a hit recently

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2020-xbox-series-s-big-interview

I've already reviewed the Xbox Series X console, and while I've nothing but admiration for the hardware, I found the review experience to be a little unfulfilling - mostly because the range of software available for the console was limited at that time, so getting the measure of the machine in its most crucial element was very difficult. Thankfully, many more titles are available now and I'll be handing in a Series S review soon - but as viewers of our video content will know, I've only got one real reservation about Series S beyond the limited storage space: the 8GB of available memory.

"The biggest consumers for memory are really the render targets and the texture budget and both of those shrink significantly with targeting the lower resolution - so 1440p is 44 per cent of the size of 2160p and so right there, all your render targets get less," says Andrew Goossen. "And with g-buffers and all that, that is a lot of memory right there in terms of memory consumption. And there, the texture budgets are very significant as well, so we feel good about the 8GB that we make available."

Series S has 10gb of GDDR6, with 8GB of that allocation to games at 224GB/s, with the 2GB, running at 56GB/S to OS and operational features.

Then, in June of 2022, Xbox gave developers "hundreds more" megabytes of RAM:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/4/23292391/microsoft-xbox-series-s-more-memory-game-development-performance

https://kotaku.com/xbox-series-s-memory-boost-performance-microsoft-1849373552

"While the more powerful Xbox Series X console has 16GB of RAM the cheaper Xbox Series S has only 10GB. But before this update, devs only had access to 8GB of that memory as Microsoft reserved around 2GB for the console’s OS. Now devs will have a few hundred extra megabytes of memory, which could help some games run a bit better moving forward."

https://www.engadget.com/xbox-series-s-game-developer-memory-increase-184932629.html

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

This RAM/VRAM requirements/recommendations are pretty high. I wish the Series S the best of luck…

XBSES version

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KvallyX

@daredevils2k said:
@ghostofgolden said:

XBSES version

PS5 version

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By daredevils2k

@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@ghostofgolden said:

XBSES version

PS5 version

xbsex version

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daredevils2k
@daredevils2k said:
@kvallyx said:
@daredevils2k said:
@ghostofgolden said:

XBSES version

PS5 version

xbsex version

PS5 version

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GhostOfGolden

@kvallyx: 8GB of RAM for games, but how much is being used as VRAM? Then compare the breakdown of how they’re using the pool of unified RAM and compare it to the minimum specs for the game.

The Series S doesn’t meet the min PC spec for “low” settings.

And are you saying the Series X is using 6GB of RAM for the OS, and 10GB for games? If the “breakdown” (solely based on the speed configuration) is to be interpreted the way you’re presenting it…