Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

OG Xbox... go Bigly or go home. lol :P

Coincidently I opened that up and replaced the clock capacitor, cleaning up and de-soldering the old one. That was a bitch to do.

But it is worth it and it's a much better console than the Gamecube imo. I thought the Gamecube was good, but not great. I was actually a Nintendo fanboy until that console. I still collect GC, Wii and Wii U games though, Nintendo stuff is much more valuable.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts
@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:

I remember my kid hands trying to hold those controllers. They were bigger than a Switch, lol.

The Dukes baby! Loved'em.

I'm not bragging or anything but me got big hands big feet and big.... lol :P

Edit... By the way Zelda WW was awesome but I never played it on GC, I played it on Wii via BC and it was by far the best game on Wii.

I know dude. It's probably the best game on Wii U too. :P Can you imagine Zelda fans shitting on it because of its visuals? I was like.. dude. You like Zelda. Here's one of the best ones. Play, you fool. And they were like "nah, it's for children now". How boring of a human can you be?

After WW and SoT, I wish there was more sailing in games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Litchie said:
@SecretPolice said:

I remember my kid hands trying to hold those controllers. They were bigger than a Switch, lol.

The Dukes baby! Loved'em.

I'm not bragging or anything but me got big hands big feet and big.... lol :P

Edit... By the way Zelda WW was awesome but I never played it on GC, I played it on Wii via BC and it was by far the best game on Wii.

I know dude. It's probably the best game on Wii U too. :P Can you imagine Zelda fans shitting on it because of its visuals? I was like.. dude. You like Zelda. Here's one of the best ones. Play, you fool. And they were like "nah, it's for children now". How boring of a human can you be?

After WW and SoT, I wish there was more sailing in games.

Love ya, you one cool cat....

:D

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#54 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19634 Posts
@vfighter said:

@Jag85: This is the first time I've ever heard this lol. It's not my least favorite of all time, but it's pretty low on my list. I liked the dualshock and s-type way way more that gen. The duke was worse then the GC controller though.

Reasons for GameCube being my GOAT analog controller:

1. The left analog stick is centered on the left thumb. In contrast, the left analog stick is off-center on the Dual Shock and Xbox controllers.

2. The analog stick has a hex-shaped compartment. This allows the analog stick to replicate the movement of an eight-direction D-pad. It works well enough for 2D games (though D-pad is better) and great for 3D games that require precise movement (like Super Monkey Ball).

3. It feels comfortable to hold. The way the controller is shaped and designed makes it feel comfortable to hold with the hands. That's something the Dual Shock and Xbox controllers were lacking at the time, though they've since made efforts to make the controllers more comfortable in later generations.

4. Wavebird. This controller sparked a revolution in controller design, paving the way for wireless controllers becoming standard for consoles.