Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69959 Posts

It is roughly two months away and the last footage of the campaign was

No gameplay. The last time there was gameplay was over a year ago with this

In addition to that, the game is launching incomplete with no co-op for three months. So, we have a game that is due in a couple months but no signs of the single player. 🤔 Last time there was a lack of gameplay footage we got the above. 🤨

Is Halo Infinite campaign in trouble?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39308 Posts

That's what i said in the little sealion thread. They're hiding it more than CDPR hid their last gen abomination of CP2077.

They got an additional year. If barely anything changed, the shitstorm will be incredible, and i will be fueling it😱😱😱

Wait for the "bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu Halo always was about the multiplayer"🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17840 Posts

No doubt development has been fucked, but the campaign should be fine. The lack of co-op is a bummer though.

Loading Video...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

I told everyone Elden Ring is also doomed because no gameplay exist, the game is releasing soon but you guys laughed. Would be funny but hypocrite if they agrees this game is in trouble.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@sakaixx said:

I told everyone Elden Ring is also doomed because no gameplay exist, the game is releasing soon but you guys laughed. Would be funny but hypocrite if they agrees game is in trouble.

By not showing anything for so long, Elden Ring won the award of the most anticipated title TWICE lol. Senpai Miyasaki and his crew knows what they're doing. Fromsoft is not a dev that would be hiding an abomination of a game.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4197 Posts

At this stage, I don't think they see the point. They aren't changing anything about the campaign; whatever it is, is what it's going to be. Rather than show off a small slice of the game, given that everybody's going to download it on GamePass, I think their strategy is just let it be what it is and hope people like it.

From what I've seen of the campaign, I think it's going to be the best campaign 343 has done with Halo. I don't know how it's going to stack up to the Bungie days, but I'm pretty pumped to jump in this December.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44340 Posts

Yes. No. Maybe. 🤷‍♂️

I just hope that it’s something I’ll enjoy. If that happens then I’ll be satisfied.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

Yes. No. Maybe. 🤷‍♂️

I just hope that it’s something I’ll enjoy. If that happens then I’ll be satisfied.

Your mildly positive attitude would not spare you, set him ablaze.

No Caption Provided

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44340 Posts

@Pedro: I’ll take it for Team Xbox! Xbox 4 life! 😜

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts

Even if I take them at their word that the campaign will be finished but the online co-op isn't ready, I don't think they should release the campaign until the online co-op is ready. The PvP is supposed to be its own stand-alone thing anyways so I'd rather they just release that in December. Anyhow, too late, they already made the choice to patch in co-op later.

I'd like to think they're planning an aggressive hype campaign to start around Forza Horizon 5's launch and carry into its release to take advantage of the holiday window at same time. That's just me trying to be optimistic I guess. But I do think what they show and when they show it must be carefully considered.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

Halo will be fine. It’s Elden Ring we have to worry about. It looks like a PS3 game. Wtf are they even thinking.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

At this stage, I don't think they see the point. They aren't changing anything about the campaign; whatever it is, is what it's going to be. Rather than show off a small slice of the game, given that everybody's going to download it on GamePass, I think their strategy is just let it be what it is and hope people like it.

From what I've seen of the campaign, I think it's going to be the best campaign 343 has done with Halo. I don't know how it's going to stack up to the Bungie days, but I'm pretty pumped to jump in this December.

Feel the same, tbh Halo Campaign has only been a good sp experience since Halo CE. Halo has never been an Amazing SP game, they were GOOD but it was always the MP that kept people invested in Halo. Halo was never known for its SP like something as Half Life is or anything.

It just needs to Be GOOD and its up to par with every other SP campaign Halo has ever had including 1-3 by Bungie.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@BassMan: 'No doubt development has been fucked, but the campaign should be fine. The lack of co-op is a bummer though'

It's going to be added in 3 or so months after launch.

Enjoy the campaign alone then hop on multi-player. When the online co-op is released, enjoy the campaign again with friends.

Not that big of a deal.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Depends on what the concern is.

If it's the visual fidelity, the idea that they would go through such lengths to make the MP look good but leave the campaign untouched visually since last years showing is just laughably naïve.

If it's the story, those concerns can't be alleviated with a gameplay demonstration, that's not going to tell you whether or not they nailed the story.

Notend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Notend
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

Nice

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I don't know how it will end up, but I do hope it's good. All these people wanting it to be bad makes no sense to me. It being good would be a massive fuckyou from 343i to all those that have spent the last few years shitting on it and them.

The MP is great so that's a good sign in my opinion.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9826 Posts

Bless the little Cows. Conspicuous by their absence in any thread with a positive spin - apart from the one who laughably theorised that so many clips uploaded from mp footage means that they’re getting paid - they congregate on a thread that expresses worries about the sp campaign.

Truth is, at this point they could release Infinite without any sp campaign and it would still be more fun than anything on ps5. SP will be a more polished version of the footage we saw a year ago, with Craig and fruit fixes to pacify the Cows.

🍉 🍉 🍉

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

Bless the little Cows. Conspicuous by their absence in any thread with a positive spin - apart from the one who laughably theorised that so many clips uploaded from mp footage means that they’re getting paid - they congregate on a thread that expresses worries about the sp campaign.

Truth is, at this point they could release Infinite without any sp campaign and it would still be more fun than anything on ps5. SP will be a more polished version of the footage we saw a year ago, with Craig and fruit fixes to pacify the Cows.

🍉 🍉 🍉

Such a shill. How much is MS paying, bru?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8492 Posts

I have said when it was delayed that a year won't fix any of Halo's problems as it was not enough for how Halo was when they showed. Either way, I'm jacked to meme the sh*t out of it and rub it in @ghosts4ever face.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sealionact

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

🍉 🍉 🍉

When you Rage so hard, you misspell “bro”.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

🍉 🍉 🍉

You sure about that?

I would also like to suggest you to say that Halo was never about its singleplayer each time somebody says anything negative related to its singeplay. Its like ghost damage controlled Deathloop. When people criticized its braindead AI, he said that it was supposed to be braindead, it was bad by design. So please, take his example and unleash you damage control, you will need it.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gym_Lion

@sealionact said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

🍉 🍉 🍉

Trolling so hard you mean.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Here’s the difference bud. I’ve played the mp and liked it. When I stated that I liked it, you get upset at more positive Xbox news and look for a possible negative.

I’m having fun having fun….you’re pissed at your console choice, and you’re looking for something - anything - negative about another console to make you feel better about yours.

I know you’re insecure right now, but at least let the game launch before trashing it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Here’s the difference bud. I’ve played the mp and liked it. When I stated that I liked it, you get upset at more positive Xbox news and look for a possible negative.

I’m having fun having fun….you’re pissed at your console choice, and you’re looking for something - anything - negative about another console to make you feel better about yours.

I know you’re insecure right now, but at least let the game launch before trashing it.

I too have played it, and it felt cheap, felt like a low-mid budget f2p game. You and other lems been saying that you "like it", but unless you're a huge Halo fan, i don't really believe you because what's on offer here is inferior to what was offered over 10 years ago by Bungie. And i still can't believe how weightless and crappy the guns feel. 343i made such a massive deal out of their gunplay with years of making videos of them recording explosions and gun sound, and the final game feels and sounds way worse than a meme arcade game known as CoD/Warzone. What went wrong?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Well, you basically confirmed my theory there didn’t you? Everybody seems pretty happy with infinite, and that irks you so much you resort to phrases like “low budget”, “what a joke”, “over enthusiastic “ and of course “promoting the game for ms”.

Stop hating my piece of plastic, and try enjoying yours.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gym_Lion

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Well, you basically confirmed my theory there didn’t you? Everybody seems pretty happy with infinite, and that irks you so much you resort to phrases like “low budget”, “what a joke”, “over enthusiastic “ and of course “promoting the game for ms”.

You know he hasn't played it and is just trying to trigger you. It's his 'thing'.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56258 Posts

@Pedro: I'm glad MS is showing little of it and the less spoilers the better. Gameplay? The beta is out so no need to worry about no gameplay and plus, if you played Halo games for decades, you already know what to expect.

What I'm trying to say is, don't thank of it too hard and besides, were in October 2021, we got only 2 months till Halo: Infinite is release. I do understand this feels like a rush game and I did stated many times 343 needs another delay but nooope, MS wants it to be a holiday thing. We'll just have to wait/see how this will all turn out.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@sealionact said:

Its software, not a piece of plastic🤦‍♂️

Your "everybody" are the same kind of youtubers that were also "liking" FC6, the last AssCreed, Anthem and especially the last Marvel's Avengers. This is your "everyodoby" who like the game and can't stop praising it. Makes me wonder how you'll be damage controlling the game when it comes out and gets a bunch of 6 and 7/10. Let me guess "but a 7/10 is "Good"" will be what you'll be using the most to damage control. Reality is, if this franchise was on par with what it once was, anything under a 9/10 would've been an inferior product. But these standards are long gone, and with 343i in charge, they've mutated it into something more "memeish" than anything else.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sealionact

@gym_lion: He triggered himself. You know you’re triggered when you rage against people who are simply enjoying a video game….even going so far as to say he doesn’t believe them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44174 Posts

Slow news day? :P

Anyway, likely to be the best SP campaign since H3 and I can't wait to sink my teeth into it. :D

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13044 Posts

Hardwenzen meltdown in full effect. 😳

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen  Online

Oh look even Kvally had to come by to damage control.

Keep your strength for launch, you will need a lot of it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sealionact

@x_hedon said:

Hardwenzen meltdown in full effect. 😳

All this from other people enjoying the game. He hasn’t been the same since he posted that his ps5 is “Completely useless…”

Buyer’s remorse.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

I have said when it was delayed that a year won't fix any of Halo's problems as it was not enough for how Halo was when they showed. Either way, I'm jacked to meme the sh*t out of it and rub it in @ghosts4ever face.

please find me where I hype this game as best thing since slice bread? all I said Halo is better than many overrated games praised here including witcher 3.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Well i343 are going to be improving it visually over the next 10 years. Starting with Ray Tracing next year. So whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I don't need to see anything about the campaign honestly. I think the beta hints at good graphics and art direction and gameplay is super solid too.

I've seen too much to be honest, seeing that we're going to have more AI drama was enough to know that I shouldn't expect much from the story. Hopefully 343 doesn't decide to bring the Flood back. The reason why Reach is my favourite Halo is because there's no Cortana and no Flood.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I’m a little concerned with the multiplayer even. This past weekend during the beta, I had like 5 crashes in a row when trying to load a match. Then I was banned for quitting matches… I checked the forums and tons of people were having the same issue.

No new campaign footage, modes not making the launch and a multiplayer that still has odd quirks and bugs. The game almost launched a year ago. The dev also said the game was DONE In January. I have a bad feeling about this one…

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#40 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5174 Posts

TBH after hearing about the shit storm development has been for Infinite, it probably needed to be scrapped entirely and started over from scratch.

But MS needs Halo right now to push Game Pass so......here we are

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

I feel that Halo Infinite should have been delayed again since we have to wait for co-op later. I know there are some who don't mind the co-op being released for next year and just want the singleplayer out on December but I would rather wait longer for a completed game instead.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Well i343 are going to be improving it visually over the next 10 years. Starting with Ray Tracing next year. So whatever.

Srsly? I already am going to wait three months to play the game, maybe I should just wait a year...

It's happening more and more this gen. Forza Horizon 5 might also be getting Ray Tracing next year.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

This is a fps campaign we're talking about.

It'll have plenty of straight-forward levels you move through and kill the enemies in. A few vehicle sections. And cutscenes.

What are you worried about? The combat will be dull? The ai will be broken? The graphics will be bad?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10631 Posts

I’m not saying anything about Halo sp because I don’t know much about it, but as someone pointed out (I’m unaware if it was here or somewhere else) that unlike Halo 3, there’s MUCH more serious competition out there to just assume that Halo’s mp will take off, and if this BF 2042 beta takes off with positive feedback then 2042 is going to be a juggernaut of a force to be reckoned with.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8874 Posts

@Pedro: No. They want the game reviewed and looked when it's released, because they don't want any nitpicking and want to wow people at launch.

If I were in charge, I wouldn't show any footage, either.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52447 Posts

Microsoft and their live service shit. Off a cliff ye go.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@dabear: 😂

I'm laughing at you by the way.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@dabear said:

@Pedro: No. They want the game reviewed and looked when it's released, because they don't want any nitpicking and want to wow people at launch.

So, you think it is a good idea to not show footage of a game releasing two months because of concerns that gamers may nitpick? 😂

@davillain- said:

@Pedro: I'm glad MS is showing little of it and the less spoilers the better. Gameplay? The beta is out so no need to worry about no gameplay and plus, if you played Halo games for decades, you already know what to expect.

What I'm trying to say is, don't thank of it too hard and besides, were in October 2021, we got only 2 months till Halo: Infinite is release. I do understand this feels like a rush game and I did stated many times 343 needs another delay but nooope, MS wants it to be a holiday thing. We'll just have to wait/see how this will all turn out.

You can show a game without having spoilers. At the moment there is practically nothing besides the poor showing last year. There is no thinking too hard, it is more like common expectations. Forza Horizon 5 was announced and shown to its fullest all at the same time. At the time of its showing, the game was 4 months from release. From the date Halo Infinite was announced several years ago, there is less shown of the single player experience than what has been shown for Forza Horizon 5. That is something to be concerned about.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8874 Posts

@Pedro: Yes. I do. I have never seen a game have more scrutiny than Halo games; and I have been playing games since the Atari 2600. It's not even close. Pick any PS franchise, sick every Lem at it, and you'd have to multiply the nitpicking by 100x to reach the level that cows attack Halo. It borderlines on obsessive.

So yeah, I wouldn't release any campaign footage. It's going to look a lot better than the preview last year, so why lose that "wow" factor by showing it off early?

@vfighter I couldn't care less what you do.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gym_Lion

@Pedro said:
@dabear said:

So, you think it is a good idea to not show footage of a game releasing two months because of concerns that gamers may nitpick? 😂

@davillain- said:

You can show a game without having spoilers. At the moment there is practically nothing besides the poor showing last year. There is no thinking too hard, it is more like common expectations. Forza Horizon 5 was announced and shown to its fullest all at the same time. At the time of its showing, the game was 4 months from release. From the date Halo Infinite was announced several years ago, there is less shown of the single player experience than what has been shown for Forza Horizon 5. That is something to be concerned about.

While it's maybe something to be concerned about. It could be MS is holding the reveal back until the Halo 20th anniversary event on the 15th of November. Which is also after FH5 releases so Halo won't steal it's thunder. Or maybe I'm just being to optimistic and it's going to be a giant turd.