How would the gaming world react if MS dumped their ABK content onto Game Pass on the eve of FF7 Rebirth's release?

• 61 results
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Poll How would the gaming world react if MS dumped their ABK content onto Game Pass on the eve of FF7 Rebirth's release? (33 votes)

it would completely overshadow FF7 Rebirth's release 27%
nobody will notice because people are too looking forward to Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth's release to be phased by such a development 36%
fanboys in gaming press will put their thumbs on the scale and elevate the FF7 Rebirth review scores to the best aggregate score any game has ever received 12%
Xbox's will be harder to find at retailers because everyone will want one 9%
Xbox Game Pass subscriptions will go through the roof and Microsoft will announce the new milestone subscription numbers sometime after 15%
fanboy warring will go nuclear 18%
Sony gets more serious about making PS Plus Extra/Premium better 3%
other (elaborate in comments) 24%

I don't think MS is planning this to be a dick, just the timing of whatever contracts ABK had with Sony preventing content from coming over might expire sometime soon, more specifically I see it plausible it could happen in last week of February at earliest. That's also coincidentally the same window FF7 Rebirth is set to release. Of course, Microsoft can't comment exactly when that will be while they're still under the terms of those deals.

But this poll isn't so much about the will it, just more an IF-THEN hypothetical if such a thing happened.

• 
Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

@last_lap: agree with your assessment that COD is bigger than FF. I think the part you are missing is that FF7-2 is a new game ( regardless if it’s a remake) whereas most people who play COD or Diablo will already have purchased them at this point so doubt the impact would be that big!

For me personally it would probably delay my purchase of Rebith a bit as I would be busy playing the various SP campaign in COD:)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Something like this...

lol :P

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts

The sound strategy is to add a few games each month.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:

What other platform is this game releasing on when it launched on the ps5?

So you are using terms like launch? What does that have to do with being multiplatform?

Umm go look up the word “exclusive“. If this game is launching on the ps5 ONLY then guess what?

IT’S AN EXCLUSIVE! Now later on it may or will become a multi platform title but that only happens when it officially becomes playable on other platforms outside the ps5. Stop diluting the word exclusive because your beloved MS doesn’t believe in the word anymore.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

It was actually announced by Square Enix as multiplatform 🤣🤣🤣🤣. So now Square is lying? W T F

"when it officially becomes playable on other platforms outside the ps5." - Ermacness' definition

Go look up the word “exclusive“.

How can it be a multiplatform game if it’s playable only to 1 platform?

SE was referring to the future of the title, but if the game is only releasing on the ps5 initially then that’s what the term “timed exclusive“ means, in which it’s still an exclusive for a limited time.

Stop the desperate spinning.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I won't know it happened, because FF7 rebirth will be my life for a little

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ermacness

@last_lap said:
@last_lap said:
@ermacness said:
@last_lap said:

The CoD deal should bring more new people to Gamepass, more than what a remake will bring to PS5.

I don't care for either though.

I HIGHLY doubt it, but to each it’s own.

Please don't tell me you think FF is a bigger franchise than CoD?

I guess by not replying to my post while replying to others in this thread says that you agree FF is not as a big of a franchise as CoD, and therefor CoD would bring more new people to Gamepass than FF7R part 2 will to Playstation.

No, FF isn’t as big as CoD, but CoD is already out, and plenty of people have already played it. Now I’m not sure if the remake is a brand new game, but if it is, then that’s why I believe that this new FF7 remake will potentially make a bigger splash with the ps5 player base than CoD going to GP will for the Xbox player base .

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@ermacness: I said bring NEW people. So CoD being on Gamepass should bring in more NEW people Gamepass os opposed to new people to the PS5 for FF7R part 2.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ermacness

@last_lap said:

@ermacness: I said bring NEW people. So CoD being on Gamepass should bring in more NEW people Gamepass os opposed to new people to the PS5 for FF7R part 2.

Again I don’t agree but whatever.

🤷‍♀️

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

Seems they dumped some other stuff.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Lets hope Phil decides to do this. Would be great for us gamers.

Sony has the superior games, Microsoft needs to do something like this to remotely stand a chance.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

It was actually announced by Square Enix as multiplatform 🤣🤣🤣🤣. So now Square is lying? W T F

"when it officially becomes playable on other platforms outside the ps5." - Ermacness' definition

SE was referring to the future of the title, but if the game is only releasing on the ps5 initially then that’s what the term “timed exclusive“ means, in which it’s still an exclusive for a limited time.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A game that is multiplatform is multiplatform.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/us/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-heres-release-date-platforms-storyline-gameplay-characters-and-more/articleshow/105482929.cms?from=mdr

On which platforms will Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth be available?

Final Fantasy Rebirth will be released on PS5 and PC.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ermacness

@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A game that is multiplatform is multiplatform.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/us/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-heres-release-date-platforms-storyline-gameplay-characters-and-more/articleshow/105482929.cms?from=mdr

On which platforms will Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth be available?

Final Fantasy Rebirth will be released on PS5 and PC.

So let me ask you a question:

Is FFR releasing on both the PC and the ps5 on day one?