I Got THE GOLDEN TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 75 results
LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

Before I share this story with my SW brethren, I have to give a HUGE shout out to @girlusocrazy and let me tell you why...

He actually sat in front of his laptop for 4 HOURS (at work) just to help increase my chances of getting a PS5. This was while I was dozing off and on due to lack of sleep. When I was ready to say to hell with it, he kept me encouraged the whole time. I don't know too many people like this guy but man do I wish more people was like him...

Second shout out goes to @Pedro because he also tried to get one for me and even though you weren't successful, it's the thought that counts ;)

Now, check out this crazy story...

For the past few days I've been getting up at 6am and going to every Walmart, Target, Best Buy and GameStop in my area. I was put on Lord knows how many FAKE call list. You know...when the manager says "I'll definitely call you man. No worries, just leave your name and number and you'll be the first person I notify" and then the guy throws the list in the trash as soon as you leave...that kind of shit. I've been dealing with that from launch...so today, I did my rounds and got back in time to start the whole Best Buy event.

Keep in mind, these a$$holes said they were going to kick things off at 9am...and also keep in mind that I've been running off of maybe 3 hours of sleep each day so picture having to jump between 2 tabs and a phone repeatedly for like 4 freaking hours straight. I'm talking non...fucking...stop!

Like...carpal tunnel started to set in after hour 1 but these guys didn't start the damn thing until 1pm.

Anyway, so I'm going in and out of conscientiousness with @girlusocrazy texting me to make sure my ass is still up and BAM!!! I get a sign that says check out. That's when round 2 start. I had to click that SOB another 50-100 times before it added to my cart to take me to the next screen. Then I finally see the sweetest words I've ever seen...Check Out!

At this point I'm like "is it real?" so I clicked it and what happens next..."sorry we're out of stock" and I'm like nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...so I'm clicking this one tab (the one that made it) like crazy because my cart still had one item in it and then it takes me to check out again. At this point I'm like WTF man? So then it keeps kicking me out off and on and I'm clicking every time because at this point I could taste the plastic on that over-sized skyscraper of a console. FINALLY, it takes me to Proceed With Order and I'm in shock and awe...

Then the son of bitch kicks me out yet again. The whole time @girlusocrazy is like the voice of yoda saying"don't give up Louie...use the force" so I'm clicking like my life depends on it and after another 500 or so clicks, it took my credit card and gave me a confirmation number.

Okay Okay Okay, before everyone says nice blog, there's more...

Best Buy says I have to wait until Saturday to pick it up but, it's the same Best Buy I went to yesterday and EVERYONE I asked about the PS5 and Xbox Series X either acted shitty to me (because I was dressed like a bum like who cares, it's a freakn pandemic) or played stupid...especially this one chick. So I went back up there and the same people were there and the chick was like "I see you're back again. We still don't have those PS5s in stock" so I was like "ummm...yes you do."

She said "don't believe everything you hear" so I said, "I don't..but I do believe what's on my receipt bitch" (now the bitch part I said in my head but she was definitely being a bitch yesterday). Next thing you know, her attitude completely changes and she starts acting like we're friends now. She even starts flirting. That's when I said "I'll also take that new 65" Samsung Q90 along with a copy of Ghost of Tsushima. After that, her eyes got so big you could slid quarters in the cracks. Then she said "I can help you with all of that" and that's when I said "appreciate it...but I'm good" then walked away found another rep to help me like it won't shit!

So all in all, I got my PS5, a new Samsung that's HDMI 2.1 ready, a new game and a little bit of payback ;)

The End

If you got a wild and crazy story of how you got your next gen console, please share...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39409 Posts

"For the past few days I've been getting up at 6am and going to every Walmart, Target, Best Buy and GameStop in my area."

Y'all are crazy. Its just a console with an overclocked 9.2tflops gpu. No wonder scalpers are making bank when people are this desperate for a piece of plastic.

Grats for the ps5, but god damn.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LouiXIII

@hardwenzen said:

"For the past few days I've been getting up at 6am and going to every Walmart, Target, Best Buy and GameStop in my area."

Y'all are crazy. Its just a console with an overclocked 9.2tflops gpu. No wonder scalpers are making bank when people are this desperate for a piece of plastic.

Call me crazy then. I'll take that one with pride. I want what I want and for as hard as I worked this year, it's my one Christmas gift to myself. All year I bust my ass taking care of other people...people I love of course but regardless, this was the one thing I wanted and now, I can finally kick back and play Demon's Souls..on Saturday xD

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen

@louixiii said:
@hardwenzen said:

Call me crazy then. I'll take that one with pride. I want what I want and for as hard as I worked this year, it's my one Christmas gift to myself. All year I bust my ass taking care of other people...people I love of course but regardless, this was the one thing I wanted and now, I can finally kick back and play Demon's Souls..on Saturday xD

Any reason why you didn't preorder it back in September or whenever the first preorders went live?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

Congrats on acquiring a PS5, hope you really enjoy. Now hurry and go play some Demon’s Souls already. 😛

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

Congrats. Although you made a bad choice going with Samsung. LG's OLED is the best. Once you go black, you never go back.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Damn dude I didn't know the system wars community was so tight with each other. Helping people get consoles and stuff who are on opposite factions thats crazy. Lems helping cows and shiz damn bro this is weird.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Damn dude I didn't know the system wars community was so tight with each other. Helping people get consoles and stuff who are on opposite factions thats crazy. Lems helping cows and shiz damn bro this is weird.

I know right

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Don’t be shitty to folks working retail. Especially during the holiday season AND a pandemic. You got your toy... Congrats. Clicking “add to cart” must have been real tough on you

My story. I bought 3 PS5’s and 4 Xbox Series X’s. I paid attention to Twitter and resetera for the drops and the rest was pretty easy. Myself and some close friends and family are all taken care of.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

First thing that came to mind while reading through this.

Loading Video...

'Get up you sonofabitch, cause @girlusocrazy loves ya!'

'Yo Bestbuy... I didn't hear no bell...'

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@goldenelementxl said:

Don’t be shitty to folks working retail. Especially during the holiday season AND a pandemic. You got your toy... Congrats. Clicking “add to cart” must have been real tough on you

My story. I bought 3 PS5’s and 4 Xbox Series X’s. I paid attention to Twitter and resetera for the drops and the rest was pretty easy. Myself and some close friends and family are all taken care of.

I knew you'd be all over that resetera site. Didn't you say how shitty that site was? Bet you're on it daily lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

Best Buy has been very clear that they are ONLY selling next gen consoles online. I dont fault them there.

Walmart, even though that's where I got mine, has been a certified shit show.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@hardwenzen: Era is shitty, but they are full of useful info. I got the links, times and info necessary to purchase the consoles. If TC was on era, they wouldn’t have wasted time going in store and getting on lists. All of that is bogus. All the drop info has been on era, and sometimes quicker than Twitter.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@goldenelementxl said:

@hardwenzen: Era is shitty, but they are full of useful info. I got the links, times and info necessary to purchase the consoles. If TC was on era, they wouldn’t have wasted time going in store and getting on lists. All of that is bogus. All the drop info has been on era, and sometimes quicker than Twitter.

Or you could just follow this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Chutebox: Best Buy, Walmart, GameStop etc have all been pretty clear about how they’re selling the consoles. Best Buy also said “after 9AM” EST for their drop today. TC wasted their own time by misreading the info as dropping at 9. That’s not Best Buy’s problem. If they dropped right at 9, the scalpers would have ate up all the inventory.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Well... not gonna judge. Congratulations my man and enjoy.

This kinda reminds me of my cousin and I, helped him get a PS5 on launch day we basically tried to buy one at the same time and managed to snag it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@hardwenzen: Lol! Follow nowinstock?!?! What a newb. Stores showed inventory that they were never selling in person to the public. How does nowinstock help there? And sites like nowinstock and brickseek went down multiple times and put up disclaimers regarding their accuracy.

I was wildly successful during my hunt. I think I’ll keep doing what I’m doing...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50617 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Walmart absolutely hasn't or there are rogue stores. Some were selling in store and many weren't. That's how I got mine, walked in, asked, and they brought one out for me.

I used brickseek to see if they had any before going in.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

I am glad you landed one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Chutebox: Well that certainly worked out for you. I tried to play dumb at a couple of my closest Walmart stores, but they were in top of things. They literally only sold the consoles between the hours of 7AM and 8AM. One store even had a half dozen PS5’s left over, and they held on to them for their next drop. Other than that week, everything has been allocated for online, curbside pickup. That’s by me anyway. Other than that, everything has been online only. I have a couple lifelong friends higher up on the Best Buy ladder. They haven’t had a console touch their shelves despite having hundreds in the back room. Target and GameStop have followed that pattern as well.

If you got a console in person, you probably should have played the lottery too. It was your day for sure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@Pedro: That gif makes me laugh every time. So many questions/concerns about that kids surroundings...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@goldenelementxl: I know. 😈

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@goldenelementxl said:

@hardwenzen: Lol! Follow nowinstock?!?! What a newb. Stores showed inventory that they were never selling in person to the public. How does nowinstock help there? And sites like nowinstock and brickseek went down multiple times and put up disclaimers regarding their accuracy.

I was wildly successful during my hunt. I think I’ll keep doing what I’m doing...

You don't just follow stock, you follow the live chat. You just can't miss anything cuz they're the ones doing the research for you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

Also, drugmarts are great to get PS5's. I fund 2 locally (only visited 5 stores) and almost bought one to put on auction to see how stupid some gamers might be for bidding over 100% of the MSRP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@hardwenzen: Those stock sites showed multiple Best Buy stores by me with tons of PS5 stock a couple weeks ago. I checked my sources and they said it was b.s. but there would be a limited online drop around that time. Stores had dozens of folks camped out for no reason. The few stores that had them had 4-8 for curbside pickup. Same thing with RTX cards at the Microcenter store near me. Under normal circumstances, those sites are helpful. But during big tech launches, they are not reliable. Hell, their disclaimers tell you as much...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@hardwenzen: Drugmarts? What country are you in?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Oh congratulations! Enjoy your PS5 and the new TV. Also nice of @girlusocrazy and @Pedro helping out .

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@goldenelementxl said:

@hardwenzen: Drugmarts? What country are you in?

Canada. No such thing as a drug mart in the US or wut?

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LouiXIII

@hardwenzen said:
@louixiii said:
@hardwenzen said:

Any reason why you didn't preorder it back in September or whenever the first preorders went live?

Oh yeah. A damn good reason. Sony told every that pre-orders was going to start the day after the show the led up to the launch and like an idiot, I believed them not knowing the EVERY retailer was going to start taking pre-orders immediately so like a lot of people, I was lost in the sauce. I didn't find out until i went to my local GameStop the next day and manager broke the news, then put me of a phony call list along with a bunch of other people. I was pissed with Sony that day but that's what happened.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LouiXIII

@Archangel3371 said:

Congrats on acquiring a PS5, hope you really enjoy. Now hurry and go play some Demon’s Souls already. 😛

Freaking Best Buy won't give me the console until Saturday and they can't deliver the TV until next Tuesday so even when I get it on Saturday, I might as well wait for the new TV to arrive :(

I can't win...even when I win I can't win lol Excuse me while I go and curl up in corner somewhere :(

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LouiXIII
@EZs said:

Congrats. Although you made a bad choice going with Samsung. LG's OLED is the best. Once you go black, you never go back.

Thanks dude. The room it's going in has light coming through the shades so there's a glare. Qs eliminate glare all together but I thought about going with the LG too. Looked at some of the Sony's but they had a mean glare too.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LouiXIII
@ProtossRushX said:

See...this is what you've been missing bro. No need to go so hard all the time man. At the end of the day, we're all gamers. I respect your passion though. You go harder than most but at the end of the day, it's all about keeping the community alive. I hear people say SW has been going downhill for a while now but bump that. We have to keep it going strong and it's not by being at each other's throat all the time. I'd rather be your friend than your enemy...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44360 Posts

@louixiii: Bit of a bummer to be sure but at least you now have the system and all and Tuesday is only a week away. Playing Demon’s Souls soon is now an inevitability.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LouiXIII
@goldenelementxl said:

But it works both ways. I worked in retail for years and I had plenty of coworkers that were shitty to customers all because they got into an argument with their gf or bf. The lady I spoke of was very rude. Her demeanor was "f*** off" from the jump. The other guys were more clueless than anything but it works both ways. And thanks man. It wasn't as simple as click check out. Clicking and refreshing 3 pages nonstop for 4 hours cramps the hands. Try it with close to no sleep for 3 days and you'll see what I mean.

And congrats. I'm glad it was a piece of cake for you. I hope your family enjoys.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LouiXIII
@mandzilla said:

First thing that came to mind while reading through this.

Loading Video...

'Get up you sonofabitch, cause @girlusocrazy loves ya!'

'Yo Bestbuy... I didn't hear no bell...'

Haha That's hilarious! It was something like that. I kept nodding off for 2 minutes at a time just so I'd have enough juice for a few dozen clicks and then I'd nod off again. It was like being drunk without the alcohol xD

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LouiXIII
@lebanese_boy said:

Well... not gonna judge. Congratulations my man and enjoy.

This kinda reminds me of my cousin and I, helped him get a PS5 on launch day we basically tried to buy one at the same time and managed to snag it.

Nice! I know he's loving it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#38  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17849 Posts

Congrats. That's a lot of dedication to get a PS5. Crazy times we live in.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LouiXIII

@girlusocrazy said:

@louixiii: You definitely had the fever but it paid off in the end! That TV is going to be great with the PS5, the whole experience will be on another level.

I wish you snapped a pic of that clerk after you told her! 🤣🤣🤣

@hardwenzen: Scalpers only make $ if people are dumb enough to buy off them. At least Louie isn't supporting that. I would never buy off one either, I'd rather wait.

@EZs: LG OLEDs looks nice but LCDs keep getting better and the Q90R looks great, and no worrying about burn-in. A lot of games lack settings to make the HUD and other static elements more OLED-friendly.

She was cute too but I could see the snake in her. Her mind was all about the $$$$. 7 years ago I would've used her and kicked her out the next morning but that stuff comes back on you eventually. And yeah, you know I had the fever bad. After you got yours I felt like the last man on Earth. Then the controller and games were just staring me down lol Before I knew it I turned into this guy...

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LouiXIII
@Pedro said:

I am glad you landed one.

xD That kid is hilarious. But hell yeah, I'm glad you did too. I still have to get my XSX but it's coming. If The Medium is any good it might be sooner than later. You're over there in next gen heaven. I'm jelly :D

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LouiXIII
@Archangel3371 said:

@louixiii: Bit of a bummer to be sure but at least you now have the system and all and Tuesday is only a week away. Playing Demon’s Souls soon is now an inevitability.

That's true. I'm thankful even though I don't sound like it. Just anxious is all. I have to get my XSX next and then I'm ready. Ninja Theory needs to show off that Hell Blade 2 footage they're holding back on. That game is going to be so good. One of my best friends is a level designer and he said he saw some in game footage and it looked insane. I don't know if you played the first game but they know what they're doing over there. Matter of fact, their DMC remake was really good too.

But anyway, I'm just playing the waiting game. Might jump back into BoTW for a few. I love that game.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LouiXIII
@sakaixx said:

Oh congratulations! Enjoy your PS5 and the new TV. Also nice of @girlusocrazy and @Pedro helping out .

Thanks. And yeah, they're really awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Blog it, oh wait you just did.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

Love your dedication bro 👌

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

Nice, now if only there was any games to play on it... enjoy your slightly smoother GOT expirence I guess, great game:)

Also Gratz on the q90r it’s a great tv and one that I personally have been rocking for the last 1,5 year and it has been a great experience with my ps4pro!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

lol. Imagine wanting a PS5 this much.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

LG Oled is what I have been gaming on for 3 or more years. I can't find a better TV to upgrade to, so great choice. The downside was my TV suffered burn ins because I play too much games on it. 😂 So, I am on my second TV. Like I said before, I couldn't find another TV that was better and I didn't want to downgrade.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@louixiii: lol. Well, I wouldn't have gone to anywhere the lengths you did, but sometimes you gotta do what makes you happy - glad it led to heroic victory and not tragic defeat again. Congrats and enjoy the new console!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45323 Posts

Yea my PS5 story was crazy too. As soon as Sony announced preorders, I read on Twitter that retailers were starting pre-orders early. So I just waited online and got a pre-order. I know, crazy story. Wow.