Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#101 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts

@sargentd said:

What do you want some sort of plot development?

Add a cut scene that tells you they aliens and not from earth, just make it they from other planet, so people don't get confused that there is some sort of relevance between real colonization, Europeans, and Africans, and it's actually a video game in a fictional setting

I am not sure why you think doubling down on a solution that already doesn't make sense is going to remedy the poorly made solution.🥴

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Pedro

@sargentd said:

Are you assuming shivas race now pedro? Well we'll.. you might have a case of the MAGA yourself now bud

It is Sheva. Her background is documented. Know the basics.🥴

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

@Pedro said:

@gifford38: Not all but most. All KKK are maga supporters and KKK folks don't believe they are racist. 🤷‍♂️Yes they are a cesspool. Patriots don't push for dictatorship and removal of rights.

hope your being sarcastic lol. KKK lmao. thats right patriots don't push that crap. patriots don't cancel you because they don't want you to tell the truth. fire you from your job because of your beliefs. patriots believe in god still and order.

they believe in freedom of speech and the constitution.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8320 Posts

@Pedro said:
@sargentd said:

Are you assuming shivas race now pedro? Well we'll.. you might have a case of the MAGA yourself now bud

It is Sheva. Her background is documented. Know the basics.🥴

The real question is.. is she the oppressor or the victim in regards to world history 🤔 😏

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

Just watched the video... I sure wish I didn't...

This is the dude trying to tell me what I should be offended by?

"White people can't shoot at waves of black people in a post Black Lives Matter world"... The dude spent the first 4 minutes of the video giving valid reasons why RE5 shouldn't be the next REmake. And then took this wild racism turn, suggesting there needed to be a more empathetic look of the outbreak and a more sensitive take on the continent... I spent more than 6 months in Djibouti... If there was a zombie outbreak there, RE5 is probably what the shit would look like...

I don't know, the whole thing just makes my head hurt. On one hand I wanna say if a black person or an African native came to us with this concern I would take it more seriously. But that would be racist too, right? But white folks really gotta stop telling minorities what they should be offended by.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#106 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59206 Posts

It's up to entitled white leftists to show black people "the way".

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

hope your being sarcastic lol. KKK lmao. thats right patriots don't push that crap. patriots don't cancel you because they don't want you to tell the truth. fire you from your job because of your beliefs. patriots believe in god still and order.

No! I was stating facts. You actively push crap, don't tell the truth and are part of cancel culture. A little history, cancel culture as you folks refer to as, has been around since the beginning of time. It used to be called boycotting but because you and your folks are always participating in culture wars it because cancel culture. Please refer to the many things your MAGA folks have boycotted. Since you decided to play the victims of beliefs, your folks actively go after people who don't share their beliefs or who live counter your beliefs. This comes in the form of violence, retaliatory practices including firing, imposing religious beliefs on people who don't share said beliefs and burning of books.

So, by your own flawed definition of a patriot, your are exactly the opposite.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By SargentD
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

No! I was stating facts. You actively push crap, don't tell the truth and are part of cancel culture. A little history, cancel culture as you folks refer to as, has been around since the beginning of time. It used to be called boycotting but because you and your folks are always participating in culture wars it because cancel culture. Please refer to the many things your MAGA folks have boycotted. Since you decided to play the victims of beliefs, your folks actively go after people who don't share their beliefs or who live counter your beliefs. This comes in the form of violence, retaliatory practices including firing, imposing religious beliefs on people who don't share said beliefs and burning of books.

Right on they! Librul never play victim!!

Librul never cancel anyone who differs from thier beliefs!

Librul never try get people with different beliefs fired!

Librul super understanding with people who think differently, the all loving librul.

You let em know they! Librul always perfect and accepts all that think differently. They just don't get it they.

Now will someone please for the love of Satan please make Captain America a Latin X Lesbian before KKK MAGA make him stupid white man AGAIN.. ughhh can't stand They I swear gamergate kkk ruin Captain AmeriKKKa again...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pedro

@sargentd said:

Librul super understanding with people who think differently, the all loving librul.

You let em know they! Librul always perfect and accepts all that think differently. They just don't get it they.

Now will someone please for the love of Satan please make Captain America a Latin X Lesbian before KKK MAGA make him stupid white man AGAIN.. ughhh can't stand They I swear gamergate kkk ruin Captain AmeriKKKa again...

I know you think you are making a point but it is not the point you think you are making.🤭

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 SargentD

@Pedro said:
@sargentd said:

I know you think you are making a point but it is not the point you think you are making.🤭

Hey now they, I don't make the librul rules I just follow them no questions asked

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

"White people can't shoot at waves of black people in a post Black Lives Matter world"... The dude spent the first 4 minutes of the video giving valid reasons why RE5 shouldn't be the next REmake. And then took this wild racism turn, suggesting there needed to be a more empathetic look of the outbreak and a more sensitive take on the continent... I spent more than 6 months in Djibouti... If there was a zombie outbreak there, RE5 is probably what the shit would look like...

I don't know, the whole thing just makes my head hurt. On one hand I wanna say if a black person or an African native came to us with this concern I would take it more seriously. But that would be racist too, right? But white folks really gotta stop telling minorities what they should be offended by.

And that is all what's happening. If you look at the author of all these articles, its always a while dude or a white women. And i wish that the minorities told those journos to shut the **** up, because if a white journo is bitching about racism, and you have a bunch of black gamers telling them that its not racist to kill black ZOMBIES in a video game, i don't think they could pump these mentally deranged articles. But unfortunately, we don't have a black population that sends these journos to f*ck off. If we had a couple of black asmongolds, i think this would change real quick.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Pedro

@sargentd:

"I know you think you are making a point but it is not the point you think you are making.🤭"

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SargentD

@Pedro said:🤭

@sargentd:

"I know you think you are making a point but it is not the point you think you are making.🤭"

🤭 🤭

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SargentD
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

And that is all what's happening. If you look at the author of all these articles, its always a while dude or a white women. And i wish that the minorities told those journos to shut the **** up, because if a white journo is bitching about racism, and you have a bunch of black gamers telling them that its not racist to kill black ZOMBIES in a video game, i don't think they could pump these mentally deranged articles. But unfortunately, we don't have a black population that sends these journos to f*ck off. If we had a couple of black asmongolds, i think this would change real quick.

Naw we got black gamers calling out this stupid shit, but then the prog libruls attack em for "coonin". What a ****Ed up society lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 hardwenzen

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Naw we got black gamers calling out this stupid shit, but then the prog libruls attack em for "coonin". What a ****Ed up society lol

Some small streamer calling it out won't create a shitstorm. We need big black streamers that call that shit out. But all the ones that are big, they're so casual that they wouldn't even approach this subject.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2588 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

We need big black streamers that call that shit out. But all the ones that are big, they're so casual that they wouldn't even approach this subject.

There's a joke in there somewhere...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

I remember the outrage..lol

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10506 Posts

we can use this one if ubi ever try and start a far cry 2 remake

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

@davillain said:

Because there won't be any! Anyone making a thread on any SBI subjects, we will shut that shit down!

Good. This has been one of the stupidest witch hunts ever

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SargentD

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@davillain said:

Because there won't be any! Anyone making a thread on any SBI subjects, we will shut that shit down!

Good. This has been one of the stupidest witch hunts ever

Loading Video...

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Gifford38

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

yup always a white liberal screaming that's racist. telling black americans what and how to think. if not they will cancel you. the left are just going to left. its like they are on another planet lol.

yes they are black folk or black american or just american. not african american. it just labels them. we don't say Chinese american or Italian american or Russian american.

this is why I believe in the old patriot why. as mel gibson would say FREEDOM.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

I'm not clicking that. What's the point of it?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Gifford38
@sargentd said:
@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

lmao yeah captain america a latin x lesbian omg you just made me laugh. and have a rainbow shield to replace red white and blue.

have you listened to this song from Tom. its awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07FsI4vRULs

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 uninspiredcup

@Macutchi said:

Imagine if Far Cry 2 had modding like a Bethesda game.

People would still be playing it now and Ubisoft would have gamers literally, show them how to design a good game.

Has Ghost lad gave up on his mighty crusade to convince people this isn't shit?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pedro

@Macutchi said:

They should focus more on the game not being good. Who the people were had very little negative push on the game.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

Rage bait doing it's job.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10506 Posts

@uninspiredcup: 100%. so much possibility let down by poor execution. imagine what could've been if modders would've been really let loose on it. and what it might've meant for future ubi game design. ghost could've been talking about it in the same breath as he does stalker

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1142 Posts

@fedor: Looks like it... same old internet BS

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: It's actually kind of amazing, given stuff like Counterstrike, Team Fortress 2 and DOTA how much publishers wholly underestimate user-generated content.

Esp now because to them, it's basically free DLC and free remasters and they don't want that. Rockstar will lit send lawyers to your door.

Fucking modders basically been holding Bethesda up for decades at this point.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#131 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6102 Posts

I’ve never played RE5,don’t remember why I skipped it,RE5 and RE6? But what makes it so good/different compared with the others?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#132 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19643 Posts

There was controversy even back when the original game first came out. Capcom addressed it by diversifying the zombies to include white and brown zombies. There are two ways they can update it for the remake:

1. Further diversify the zombies. After all, it's not a real-world location, but a fictional African country. And Africa is the most genetically diverse continent on the planet. However, the majority of zombies should remain black to make the African setting more believable.
  2. Update the storyline to address Western colonialism. Africa has a long history of being subjugated by Western imperial powers. The original game briefly touched on this, but this can be significantly expanded in the remake... Capcom could even touch on China's exploitation of Africa, but a Japanese dev criticizing China might be controversial in itself (China really hates Japan).

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#133 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14939 Posts

@Jag85 said:

There was controversy even back when the original game first came out. Capcom addressed it by diversifying the zombies to include white and brown zombies. There are two ways they can update it for the remake:

1. Further diversify the zombies. After all, it's not a real-world location, but a fictional African country. And Africa is the most genetically diverse continent on the planet. However, the majority of zombies should remain black to make the African setting more believable.
  2. Update the storyline to address Western colonialism. Africa has a long history of being subjugated by Western imperial powers. The original game briefly touched on this, but this can be significantly expanded in the remake... Capcom could even touch on China's exploitation of Africa, but a Japanese dev criticizing China might be controversial in itself (China really hates Japan).

3. Change protagonists, Sheva is the main character this time around.

4. Use less tribal imagery and attacks.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By texasgoldrush
@Pedro said:
@texasgoldrush said:

No, it is about the portrayal of Africans.

It was an African journalist that called it out in the first place.

And no, the Japanese game industry does have a history of misrepresenting and stereotyping black people, including Capcom.

Do you have references to journalists in African countries calling this game out? This is news to me.

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_5_racism_controversy

N'Gai Croal, a black game journalist.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 708 Posts

@ghostofgolden: he spend the first part of the video giving racional gaming reasons and only brings up race at the last part because he wants you to watch the entire video.

If the video is watched only partially, it doesn't get promoted as much.

Basically, he is trying to make you angry so that you comment, but right at the end of the video so that you watch It entirely.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 uninspiredcup

If we work together than we solve racism before Davillain closes the thread.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

But it was black journalists who pointed out the racism in the first place, well before the game was released. It has nothing to do with "white people".

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush: The large majority of articles written about racism in games (or sexism for that matter), are written by white millennials. That also happen to live 17h a day on twatter.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 SargentD

@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:

3. Change protagonists, Sheva is the main character this time around.

4. Use less tribal imagery and attacks.

More diversity with the zombies? Really?? The fictional zombie game needs to focus more on colonialism and exploitation?? Why?? Why does a RE game need to have anything about that in it at all?

What does making Sheva main character do??

Less tribal attacks?? Lol

Definitely sounds like a remaster done by the whiny libruls for sure

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:

@texasgoldrush: The large majority of articles written about racism in games (or sexism for that matter), are written by white millennials. That also happen to live 17h a day on twatter.

Wrong

In fact, many of the criticisms with something like Bioshock Infinite were from non gaming journalists of color.

And once again, it was a black journalist that struck out against RE5's depictions well before release.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wrong

In fact, many of the criticisms with something like Bioshock Infinite were from non gaming journalists of color.

And once again, it was a black journalist that struck out against RE5's depictions well before release.

If you found one example of a black journo, congrats to you. But generally speaking, its always the white folks that are bitchin, be it journo or otherwise.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

@palasta said:

Social cowardice.

Paradoxical. On one side, many gaming boards forbid any political discussion, but injecting games with political agenda and propaganda is A-OK. Hypocrisy truly has become paramount.

RE5 racist? Looked at through a lense it most propably was to some.

Some time ago i watched a Twiligth episode on youtube. The Paladin of the Lost Hour. Had a older white guy and a middle aged black man as protagonists. I read the comments at one point. And one said "racist trash".

Dude creates a Steam Curator page showing the games SBI worked on, was subsequently harrassed by employees of SBI, Valve told them to kick rocks and wouldn't shut down the Curator page, and the Streisand effect of SBI trying to negate the damage blew it up. Hell, even the GDC footage is hilarious, and she tried to immediately pass off as a joke about intimidating developers.

The fact that GS don't want to cover it isn't all that surprising.

---

As for the topic of RE5 being racist, I can see people construing it as such. Nothing wrong with that, but at this point, everything is offensive to someone. Gaming journalists being in the upper echelon.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wrong

If you found one example of a black journo, congrats to you. But generally speaking, its always the white folks that are bitchin, be it journo or otherwise.

No, not really. In fact gaming journalists do not handle race in general well.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 SargentD
Loading Video...

Are we past peak woke?

SBI is now a kiss of death for games?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wrong

It doesn't matter if they handle it well or not, they sure do it, and for some time now.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wrong

It doesn't matter if they handle it well or not, they sure do it, and for some time now.

Yet gaming journalists in general are ignorant about race. That is how things like Bioshock Infinite get praised.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Wrong

Yet gaming journalists in general are ignorant about race. That is how things like Bioshock Infinite get praised.

It doesn't matter, nor was this my original subject.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61522 Posts

@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

Are we past peak woke?

SBI is now a kiss of death for games?

This is a decent summary for the SBI shit...

Loading Video...

Basically an absolute disaster, and Wikpedia are even trying to portray another scenario. Instead of gaslighting, just take the damn heat.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:

It doesn't matter, nor was this my original subject.

Or you anti woke people don't get it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

I've been calling it.