Is FF the best MMO out right now?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts
@Wasdie said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Lacking content, shallow (ideal word given no reason for healer or tank right?), and no replay value. Hmm, but as a one of still worth a spin? Albeit the battle system being boring sounds lame.

Thoughts on how WoW stacks up? I know I can **** with it for the first 20 levels for free, not sure if I want to go that extra mile, because cheap.

I started a Human Paladin for the Alliance last year with the goal of being level 90 and doing Pandaria raids. I had over 6 days of in-game play time and I was still only level 86. It's a massive time sink and extremely repetitive.

This is very strange my friend. While I agree much of it as repetitive, with all all the shit of collect X do X, World of Warcraft has some very very good quests and writing. Much of the time if you manage to bypass the shit and progress along the Christmas tree quest chain, a very good yarn forms. Shit that puts games like Skyrim to shame imo.

Part of the problem (as the only human-being in existence who enjoys questing) if I even participated in 1-2 dungeon runs, coupled with the quests, I would accumulate so much so XP, my toon would be well beyond the level of the actual content.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Jorbit
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

For me I'd have to say Archeage is my favorite, though it's still in beta :(. I've tried pretty much all of the new ones that are out now and the only one that has been able to hold my attention through the leveling process is Archeage. A lot of that is because of the amount of choice you have and how open the world feels, it's been the first time in a while I've actually went exploring in an MMO. The only worry I have is that it won't do well in the Western market, which is a shame because I haven't been able to find anything satisfying since WoW :(.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

No, Wow is the best MMO ever made...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Wildstar is legit?

No

This is coming from someone who wanted Wildstar to be the next big MMO. I played up tell around July 8th and went back to FF14 ARR and have no desire to go back to Wildfail. What sucks is the player housing is beyond amazing, the dark humor is something special and the graphics remind me of the Jak and Daxter games, but other than that the game just fails in every category. If you want a grindy MMO, then I'd suggest Wildstar, but if you actually want to play a game in spurts then I'd stay the hell away from that game.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

I can't stand the UI or the generic anime races/art-style.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I've been playing it on PS4 and though it has been amazing at times the end game content is extremely grindy and I'm starting to get turned off doing the same tasks over and over and over again for improved gear. It really needs more endgame content.

I played a fuckton of the original giuld wars and some wow back in the day. ARR is better than both in some ways but I still think Guild Wars was Pvp king. I never tried GW2. I heard they took out duel classes which is sad because that was one of the awesome things about guild wars.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

It's not even better than 11.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#58 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Please avoid bumping 3 month old threads.