Is it whack to cheer no lootboxes/pay to win, but then also cheer for exclusive content only on PS4?

• 55 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Everyone was so happy Avengers won't have to pay per character, no loot boxes or pay to win, but people gonna applaud that PlayStation getting unique benefits and shit that Xbox, PC and Stadia won't get?

If you ask me, this kind of shit is just as lame as paying for heroes. Basically gonna release a game that isn't equal, it doesn't make peolple play the PS4 version, it makes people not play it all, like Destiny 2. They probably not gonna go that far, cuz its probably just something stupid like only they get Spider-Man.

Also, it's such weak sauce for Sony policy to not let anyone know whether or not they have exclusivity just so they can pretend they have exclusivity. Final Fantasy VIIR will be yet another game that will release and everyone gonna play guessing game for 6 months and then everyone else will get it, likely as Part 2 comes out.

People make fun of Xbox for letting you know whether or not a game is exclusive or not, or just for the launch. I imagine this cheap undercutting everyone else is how Sony wins console wars, but if you ask me, its pathetic if the only way for you to rise, is to keep everyone else down, which is the Sony way, they rather you play with no one than with friends on other machines. Call it stupid, but that fundamental is type of reason I'm swinging Xbox in 9th gen.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Man everything you just said is stupid.

Exclusives exist EVERYWHERE but on Xbox!

Don't come crying to us because Sony is actually providing value to playstaion fans and their console gamers.

You bought to MS knowing they don't give a Fvck about console gamers and are a fanboy to a pointless brand, that sounds like a YOU problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Man everything you just said is stupid.

Don't come crying to us because Sony is actually providing value to playstaion fans and their console gamers.

You bought to MS knowing they don't give a Fvck about console gamers and are a fanboy to a pointless brand, that sounds like a YOU problem.

Is it though? Sony has admitted that it basically sucks when it comes to multiplayer games and wants to explore doing more multiplayer games, but they have lost the plot, I mean why charge for PS+ (basically MP) when they are talking about THIS kind of MP where PS+ is not required.

Like seriously Sony are ripping off its customers, not adding value, at this point all PS+ money should go to the developers who do MP for Sony as they don't have a fucking clue lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46483 Posts

@boxrekt said:

Good.

If I want to buy a playstation game I want to have the choice to get it on Vita or a Playstation console.

If I want to buy a microsoft game I want to have the choice to get it on PC or Xbox.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I don't really see the issue, you want the extra's get the PS4 edition. This isn't the first time Sony or MS has had exclusive content for a multiplat game. It's a lot better than what soul caliber did with 360/PS3

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

Exclusive content is a bitch ass move when you dont want to put in the money to make the game exclusive but still want to **** others up(tho the content is usually w/e)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

An exclusive game, cool, if on Switch/PC/Xbox you buy the PS4 for the exclusive game, that's real value. But Sony snatching up people that ain't them in middle of street and paying money to side with them, is just as dirty as what Epic is doing on PC.

When most games end up on the others anyways, all you're really doing is buying on PS4 to play sooner. So be it, but it's still bitch made to pretend its full exclusive for 6-12 months. I don't understand how no one cares, but get butthurt when Xbox makes sure everyone knows what is what. What really baffles me, they respect Sony more, despite such anti-consumer practices.

With this exclusive content, it's removing part of the game from everyone but PS4. People complain when each store has their own pre-order bonus, but not when only PS4 gets a bonus. Hopefully the chunk removed doesn't matter.

You think people should buy PS4 so they can play Final Fantasy VII Remake several months earlier and so they can get exclusive content in Avengers? That is pretty weak value compared to signing them to Game Pass. The sad thing, I bet people fall for this shit just as bad as they do advertising where they think whoever advertise own the game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69969 Posts

I simply don't buy game with content exclusive on any platform. Either make the game exclusive to the platform or make it a genuine multi platform game. I am not interested in supporting gamers paying the same dollar amount but getting varying value.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@saltslasher: Is this the new "no exclusives" damage control, comparing exclusives to lootboxes?

Yes, yes it is. And it's impressively desperate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I agree with ya. I don't like when they pay to lock out content. It's nowhere near as bad as loot boxes though.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

Of course.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro  Online

@subspecies said:

@saltslasher: Is this the new "no exclusives" damage control, comparing exclusives to lootboxes?

Did you even read?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

I am against this kind of treatment. Even though I am Pro exclusive, 3rd party games should either be full exclusive or no exclusive at all. These timed exclusive or content exclusive is bullshit for 3rd party games unless the characters or world is IP from 1st party publishers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

Did you even read?

Yeah. I consider exclusive content the same as exclusives.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@saltslasher: Did you cry like this last gen when COD on the 360 got its dlc a month before ps3, and other things of that nature favoring your system? No you say, then its time to stfu.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro  Online

@subspecies said:

But they are not. Only people like yourself will come to such conclusions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Game looks crap so who cares.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

It’s funny that the same lems that were probably cheering when MS was getting exclusive content and early DLC content last gen are the ones decrying such practices this gen because MS is in the other position. Y’all need to stop crying and bitching.

Exclusives and exclusive content exists in almost all aspects of business and life. If you want the exclusive content that badly, you pony up and buy it, that’s what they are designed to make you do, otherwise you STFU and enjoy the rest of the game you’re getting. Exclusive content never bothers me because I can always buy it if I want it badly but I haven’t run into any exclusive content I can’t live without.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

Like it or not, exclusive content, whether full game or not, is exclusive by definition. Whether paid for from a third party or developed by a first, the content is exclusive, all of it.

But....that's a pretty cold way of looking at it. You could ask if I like this practice of buying partial exclusive content or not (I don't). I just can't deny that exclusive is exclusive, and it has nothing to do with loot boxes when it comes to actual campaign content. You're not paying to win with an exclusive level or whatnot, so the two can't be compared.

And don't be so freakin' judgmental, dude. 'People like yourself' is a sh_tty thing to say. I wouldn't care with most on here, but you're better than that, Pedro.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50608 Posts

I wish everyone complained about this last gen too

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro  Online

@subspecies said:

Like it or not, exclusive content, whether full game or not, is exclusive by definition. Whether paid for from a third party or developed by a first, the content is exclusive, all of it.

But....that's a pretty cold way of looking at it. You could ask if I like this practice of buying partial exclusive content or not (I don't). I just can't deny that exclusive is exclusive, and it has nothing to do with loot boxes when it comes to actual campaign content. You're not paying to win with an exclusive level or whatnot, so the two can't be compared.

And don't be so freakin' judgmental, dude. 'People like yourself' is a sh_tty thing to say. I wouldn't care with most on here, but you're better than that, Pedro.

NOPE!. :)

With regards to the exclusives DLC, they are not in the same league as games so I don't see these exclusives as equal. I find them to be nonsensical business decisions that only fractures the same fanbase. No one is going to buy a system for exclusive game content. They will however buy a system for exclusive games but not exclusive DLC. This will change in the future with streaming because additional hardware wouldn't be required and switching between services will be like Hulu and Netflix.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pedro  Online

@son-goku7523: Still crying about the past? Those Xbox fannies really have you and a hand full of others suffering from PTSD. Its so bad that you continue to create Alts because you can't get over them. LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

NOPE!. :)

With regards to the exclusives DLC, they are not in the same league as games so I don't see these exclusives as equal. I find them to be nonsensical business decisions that only fractures the same fanbase. No one is going to buy a system for exclusive game content. They will however buy a system for exclusive games but not exclusive DLC. This will change in the future with streaming because additional hardware wouldn't be required and switching between services will be like Hulu and Netflix.

Not in the same league, no. But the same thing technically? Yes. You're just wrong.

(and you are better than that whether you realize it or not)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro  Online

@subspecies said:

Not in the same league, no. But the same thing technically? Yes. You're just wrong.

Wrong about what exactly? Because you just agreed with me. :)

(this is not a therapy session :) )

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Son-Goku7523

@Pedro: Says the clown crying about exclusive DLC. Did you not read my posts? I said they don’t bother me at all. I’ve never seen any exclusive content I can’t live without. I’m calling out pure hypocrisy with you butthurt lems. You were probably praising exclusive content last gen when MS gave a shit and now this gen when they are getting buried you’re crying over it, typical of a flip-flopping fanboy lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

So you're saying that exclusive partial content is technically the same thing as full game exclusives?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro  Online

@son-goku7523 said:

@Pedro: Says the clown crying about exclusive DLC. Did you not read my posts? I said they don’t bother me. I’ve never seen any exclusive content I can’t live without. I’m calling pure hypocrisy with you butthurt lems. You were probably praising exclusive content last gen when MS gave a shit and now this gen when they are getting buried you’re crying over it, typical of a flip-flopping fanboy lol.

Firstly, I primarily gamed on the PS3 last gen. Secondly I was mainly on the Game Discussion forum not this forum (you would know because you are probably on your fifth Alt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). And finally I am glad you validated my PTSD claim. :)

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Son-Goku7523

@Pedro: So you realistically want me to believe you weren’t part of the millions of lems on the internet last gen cheering for Ballad of Gay Tony announcement for GTA4 on 360 last gen? I do not believe you, and I don’t need to be someone who was posting on this forum to know you’re probably full of shit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro  Online

@son-goku7523 said:

@Pedro: So you realistically want me to believe you weren’t part of the millions of lems on the internet last gen cheering for Ballad of Gay Tony announcement for GTA4 on 360 last gen? I do not believe you, and I don’t need to be someone who was posting on this forum to know you’re probably full of shit.

No one cares about what you believe. You and your herd believe everyone is a lem, so...

You are hardcore shill and its a struggle for you to understand that most of this forum is made up of just gamers not shills like yourself. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@subspecies said:
@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

So you're saying that exclusive partial content is technically the same thing as full game exclusives?

@Pedro Is there some reason you don't want to answer this question? (teeheehee)

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Still mad because MS found a way to beat themselves at E3? Lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro  Online

@subspecies said:

Geesh, I didn't see your question.

Yes! Which is why I stated this earlier

"...they are not in the same league as games so I don't see these exclusives as equal."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

Geesh, I didn't see your question.

Yes! Which is why I stated this earlier

"...they are not in the same league as games so I don't see these exclusives as equal."

Cool. You just agreed with me, completely contradicting yourself:

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

Have a nice day! :)

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Lems are in full meltdown because PlayStation gets a couple video game characters and costumes. LMAO

Seriously bro, you are so upset that Xbox won’t be getting a couple minor exclusive items. This is your life.

Anyway, why not just buy a PS4 like the rest of the planet so you can enjoy these extras?

You obviously known for years now that PS4 gets extras, so why do you continue to buy inferior Xbox versions or complain Xbox don’t got no games?

It’s not our fault you bought the wrong console. You can fix this by buying a PS4 for cheap and buying a PS5 next gen because it’s already set in stone that PS5 has won next gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro  Online

@subspecies: I literally stated why they are not and you agreed with why they are not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:

@subspecies: I literally stated why they are not and you agreed with why they are not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dude, oh my god. Yes or no. Is exclusive dlc content the same thing as whole game exclusives? Yes or no. One word.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro  Online

@subspecies said:

Dude, oh my god. Yes or no. Is exclusive dlc content the same thing as whole game exclusives? Yes or no. One word.

Why is this bothering you so much? You are literally trying to equate DLC to being the same thing as a whole game. That is how far you have come.

DLC content is NOT the same thing as a whole game.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Wait, So MS put Phantasy Star Online 2 up on their stage at E3 and have the nerve to actually utter the words "its a free to play game" on stage yet...

All F2P games on Xbox are STILL hid behind a paywall and ya'll cool?

Yet you clowns get a chip on your shoulder and cry because Sony actually go out their way to get their fans EXTRA content? Get the Fvck outta here.

Ya'll stupid MF's need to put that same energy into complaining to your actual content provider about doing you better before you come crying to Sony a company you do nothing but hate on anyway.

Sony doesn't owe you backwards bastards anything YOU HATE THEM REMEMBER? And no one should feel sorry for you guys who won't utter a word about improving the conditions on the platform you're a fanboy of.

Go whine to your master MS or just STFU!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro:

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

DLC content is NOT the same thing as a whole game.

Okay. Jeez. Now then, when you said--

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

Wrong about what exactly?

--that is what I was referring to. You are wrong about DLC content not technically being the same thing as whole game exclusive content. Technically, they are both exclusive.

As for being in the same league, no, they are not, I agree. Yet they are technically the same thing. Here's an example to (hopefully) clarify what I mean:

A minor league baseball player is not in the same league as a major league baseball player, based on skill levels, pay, etc. One is lesser in various ways than the other, yet they are both baseball players. Similarly exclusive DLC content is lesser than whole game exclusive content, but both are technically exclusive content, and thus the same thing. Capisce? Jeez, dude. Come on. Did you really not understand what I meant?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pedro  Online

@subspecies: Glad you agreed with the point I was making. Took you long enough. :)

Also you league analogy is pretty bad for this discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:

@subspecies: Glad you agreed with the point I was making. Took you long enough. :)

Come on, dude.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#42 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

It's beyond pathetic that now people have to cheer when they announce that a game does not microtransactions but as for the rest of the topic, I sincerely don't understand the reason behind it, Microsoft and Nintendo have done it too, and all of them including Sony will continue to do so.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pedro  Online
@subspecies said:

Come on, dude.

So you are saying you didn't agree when you spent all that time explaining why and how you agreed?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44340 Posts

Yes exclusive content sucks and hopefully it will go the way of the dodo especially as more games start supporting crossplay capability.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@saltslasher: I guess I would care more if the game didn't look like crap.

But...

I have yet to see content go into one version of a multiplat that didn't end up being on all of them. If the console maker is going to pay the dev to keep some content time-exclusive, why wouldn't they do it? MS did that all the time last gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Pedro said:
@subspecies said:

Come on, dude.

So you are saying you didn't agree when you spent all that time explaining why and how you agreed?

No. I'm saying you just pulled the equivalent of a little kid sticking his fingers in his ears and saying "can't hear you can't hear you can't hear you".

You don't think DLC exclusivity is the same thing technically as whole game exclusivity, and I do. I've clearly disagreed with you.

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Son-Goku7523
@Pedro said:
@son-goku7523 said:

No one cares about what you believe. You and your herd believe everyone is a lem, so...

You are hardcore shill and its a struggle for you to understand that most of this forum is made up of just gamers not shills like yourself. :)

? Is that why you are crying in this thread about exclusive DLC? Pathetic dude, pathetic.

It's obvious the entire practice upsets you. I will never understand people like you that cry over meaningless crap like exclusive DLC but keep doing what you do. Just don't pretend that you weren't okay with it last gen because I'm pretty damn sure most lems like you were okay with it last gen. In fact, MS were the ones that started down this path in the first place when Peter Moore came on stage and announce Ballad of Gay Tony early content first on the 360, and you lems cheered them for it.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11180 Posts

Exclusive content per game port is wack, yes.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro  Online

@son-goku7523 said:

? Is that why you are crying in this thread about exclusive DLC? Pathetic dude, pathetic.

It's obvious the entire practice upsets you. I will never understand people like you that cry over meaningless crap like exclusive DLC but keep doing what you do. Just don't pretend that you weren't okay with it last gen because I'm pretty damn sure most lems like you were okay with it last gen. In fact, MS were the ones that started down this path in the first place when Peter Moore came on stage and announce Ballad of Gay Tony early content first on the 360, and you lems cheered them for it.

Your PTSD from last gen really has an affect on you because you keep hoping and believing that I care or was part of your trauma. Unfortunately I was not, time to move on.

I simply don't support multiplatform games with exclusive DLC regardless of the platform. I know its hard for someone like you understand because in your PTSD world everyone is lem that hurt your feelings last gen. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@boxrekt: Look at your bitch arse crying. You say dumb shit like Sony is going out of their way to get EXTRA content for its users, and yet can't go out of their way to put MP in their first party games for its users and yet still charges for it.

PS+ is the biggest con in gaming next to Star Citizen lol