Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24995 Posts

Hello friends,

So i have played for hours and i realized that RDR2 is type of game that rockstar put 100% focus on excellent animations, graphics, world but fall flat when it comes to gameplay as game in general is more like horse riding simulator with focus more and more realism rather than fun gameplay mechanics. it become extremely chore to play even RDR1 was not like that.

Back in days people used to call Crysis a tech demo but now we have seen tech demo that is RDR2. amazing graphics, amazing animations but boring and dull gameplay.

so friends, is this game a tech demo? lets discuss friends.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

Not really. Just a boring game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39388 Posts

Its only dull to those with an attention span of a 14 years old kid that wants Micheal Bay explosions every 1.3 minute. The game is about story and excellently written characters, not explosions.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@hardwenzen: The story sucks too and moves at a glacial pace.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Its only dull to those with an attention span of a 14 years old kid that wants Micheal Bay explosions every 1.3 minute. The game is about story and excellently written characters, not explosions.

the story that romanticizing criminals and gangs. and telling stealing is good. being a thief is good. no thanks.

other crime thriller games have story who donot romanticizing criminals.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Litchie

@hardwenzen said:

Totes. When you don't enjoy riding a horse for an hour to get somewhere in your game, you're 14 years old with ADHD.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

the story that romanticizing criminals and gangs. and telling stealing is good. being a thief is good. no thanks.

Its a video game. Hello?

Hell, i would love RDR3 to be a prequel to the Blackwater event. Just to see the whole gang alive doing what they do.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its a video game. Hello?

Hell, i would love RDR3 to be a prequel to the Blackwater event. Just to see the whole gang alive doing what they do.

doesnot matter video game or not. rockstar love to romanticizing crimes.

in GTA you are bad guy, robber but they dont potray them as hero in RDR2 you are same but potray as some kind of hero. very uninspired.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hardwenzen  Online
@Juub1990 said:

@hardwenzen: The story sucks too and moves at a glacial pace.

Its a long slow paced game with quality character development. Lets just say its not to those who spam X on the ps4 to skip every cutscene and dialogue.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its a video game. Hello?

in GTA you are bad guy, robber but they dont potray them as hero in RDR2 you are same but potray as some kind of hero. very uninspired.

Dude, who gives a shit? Of all things you can complain about in Rockstar games, that must be one of the lamest.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its a video game. Hello?

And? What's the problem? You worried of turning criminal because you're playing a Rockstar game? Lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

No. It's slow, but I don't mind as much as most people do. I thought it would bother me on a 2nd playthrough, but it doesn't. And I think the gunplay is great. Weapons feel, look and sound good. And the way the AI and environment reacts to the action only makes it better.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:

Totes. When you don't enjoy riding a horse for an hour to get somewhere in your game, you're 14 years old with ADHD.

They didn't spend almost a decade making the best looking open world game just so you could fast travel everywhere and miss on such a stunning looking open world. If you're lazy, you can always auto-run on your horse, but if you're complaining about actual fast travel, stick to Ubi open world games.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

And it romanticizes as much as any other game does. Spoiler alert: their stealing doesn't end well for the gang, and Arthur's entire arc is him realizing what a ridiculous lifestyle it is.

Don't even know why I'm bothering with this in one of your threads.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

They didn't spend almost a decade making the best looking open world game just so you could fast travel everywhere and miss on such a stunning looking open world. If you're lazy, you can always auto-run on your horse, but if you're complaining about actual fast travel, stick to Ubi open world games.

open world design.. one of the most boring design in gaming.

and none of open world games are challenging. they are very very easy.

instead semi open world game offer more and more variety.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ghosts4ever
@Litchie said:

Dude, who gives a shit? Of all things you can complain about in Rockstar games, that must be one of the lamest.

when Mafia 1 told the story of tommy and his mafia gang. they dont show him as hero rather than anti hero and they didnot romanticizing criminals there. as Tommy was only one who was nice guy working for Mafia but in the end he let entire gang arrested.

RDR2guy and his entire gang think they are some kind of hero yet they steal and robbed peoples.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

open world design.. one of the most boring design in gaming.

and none of open world games are challenging. they are very very easy.

instead semi open world game offer more and more variety.

Never said open world is the best game genre nor did i mention anywhere RDR2 being challenging. You asked if this game is a tech demo. No, its not. Its a wild west simulator with top notch characters and story. That's what RDR2 is.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46488 Posts

The fact that they made it 3-4 times as long as the first game is what ends up making it dull. Not because it's a bad game, because it certainly isn't.

I'm so glad I didn't buy it on consoles this time. I know Rockstar by now: there is always a pc version they work on but never talk about.

Never buying the inferior version ever again.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

The fact that they made it 3-4 times as long as the first game is what ends up making it dull. Not because it's a bad game, because it certainly isn't.

I'm so glad I didn't buy it on consoles this time. I know Rockstar by now: there is always a pc version they work on but never talk about.

the perfect length is 15 to 20 hours long. after that games become chore to play.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#20  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

I killed the bear and then I let the game sit for 1.5 years.

Recently I started playing again and I love it. The hunting is pretty well done especially north of Valentine. I also just figured out how dead eye upgrade works. I’m having a better time playing it now because I pack my horse to the max with hunted skins. Which I didn’t do before.

It’s not a tech demo imo because the controls are fairly well done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Ah, finally you downloaded the game.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Its a long slow paced game with quality character development. Lets just say its not to those who spam X on the ps4 to skip every cutscene and dialogue.

I've had it on PC since release. It is a gorgeous game and I wanna like it but I always find myself quitting after a couple of minutes

I've really realized story-driven games aren't for me as I immensely dislike great story-telling intersected with gameplay segments especially if said segments aren't up to par with the storytelling. Some people love their story-heavy game, I personally hate them so eh.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

COJ Gunslinger is much better game than RDR2.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Litchie

@hardwenzen: Ah. Too bad they made the game so gorgeous so that they had to make it slow and dull.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

@hardwenzen: Ah. Too bad they made the game so gorgeous so that they had to make it slow and dull.

you played Max payne 3 yet? amazing game. rockstars best work still.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@Juub1990: Story bits in RDR2 are secondary imo, the fun of the game is in just exploring, doing secondary stuff and let its more emergent side show. Then occasionally go back to the story.

It's absolutely not a game for everyone but if one is able to play to its strengths it can be a phenomenal experience.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen  Online

@Litchie said:

Otherwise everyone would be porting around and barely see anything on the map. Not to mention that the game aims for realism, so fast traveling all over is just not what suits the game.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

No!!! It's a kind of games you don't seem to like.

It's fine though, diversity is a good thing, no matter what you say.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

the perfect length is 15 to 20 hours long. after that games become chore to play.

That must be the most stupid thing i've heard in 2020. Fifteen hours is barely enough time to get you any decent character development in a game that isn't filled with cinematics every 10 steps.

If God of War was 60 hours, and had the same kind of quality story telling through the whole thing, you gotta be dumb going with its current 20h story.

Hell, even a game with no story like Doom Eternal would've been even better if it was 50 hours long with the second half of the game being as crazy or crazier than the last level of Eternal. I really don't get this "i must beat the game" or "i can't wait to beat the game". The faster you beat it, the faster the fun ends, and you'll be waiting years before playing a sequel if it even comes one day.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

That must be the most stupid thing i've heard in 2020. Fifteen hours is barely enough time to get you any decent character development in a game that isn't filled with cinematics every 10 steps.

If God of War was 60 hours, and had the same kind of quality story telling through the whole thing, you gotta be dumb going with its current 20h story.

Hell, even a game with no story like Doom Eternal would've been even better if it was 50 hours long with the second half of the game being as crazy or crazier than the last level of Eternal. I really don't get this "i must beat the game" or "i can't wait to beat the game". The faster you beat it, the faster the fun ends, and you'll be waiting years before playing a sequel if it even comes one day.

replay again. problem solved.

most of 100 hours RPG get boring very fast.

Max payne 1 was 6 hour long but has amazing character development and most intense 6 hours ever made. quality over quantity. thats why Max payne is better than GTA and RDR combine.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

replay again. problem solved.

most of 100 hours RPG get boring very fast.

Max payne 1 was 6 hour long but has amazing character development and most intense 6 hours ever made. quality over quantity. thats why Max payne is better than GTA and RDR combine.

Replaying what you have already finished is nowhere near as fun as it is for the first time.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

I don't even...

Yikes lol :P

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Has a better enviroment than Stalker and better gameplay than Doom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

You like some of the most boring games ever and you say RDR2 is a tech demo? You have the most shittiest taste in games so get outta here with your opinion.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

my enjoyment with the game came more from the immersion and detail of the game world than anything else.

the insufficient accuracy and lethargy of the controls only became apparent to me as the game progressed, and it draws you into ever increasingly tighter and constrained environments. that's when the over eager yet imprecise stick-to-cover mechanic and the laboured shooting controls really become exposed and began to gnaw away at my patience. the desire to exaggerate every player movement in the name of emphasising realism was detrimental to the enjoyment of the gameplay.

story wise it starts off interesting enough but suffers from gta iv syndrome, in that you end up repeating the pattern again and again. with gta iv you "progressed" by working for people increasingly up the criminal ladder but you were still just a glorified errand boy, with the same flaws and traits and treated as disposable by the people you worked for. with rdr2 i largely just remember dutch coming up with some idealistic yet flawed grand scheme to make money only for it to backfire and the gang have to move to another location where they proceeded to repeat the pattern. the interesting parts were the characters and side detail, not the overall story arc.

so it's definitely not just a tech demo, but it is a technical marvel and i do see the presentation and detail as by far its strongest asset

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's not dumb.

Best thing about a game like The Outer Worlds is that it ends after 10-20 hours...but it offers a lot of replay value.

Worse thing about a game like RDR 2 (or Assassin's Creed, or Far Cry, or any number of AAA open-world games) is that it does not end. It just keeps going. It's almost Sisyphean in scale; you keep playing and playing and just when you think you've had enough, they give you another meaningless task.

By the time you get to hour 50, you realize 30 of those hours have been spent doing jack shit, and a good number of those hours have been spent simply travelling the world.

And who cares if you beat it? I'd rather something end while it's good (like Breaking Bad) than to keep going on and on and on and overstaying it's welcome.

There are plenty of games to play, too; it's almost a mercy for some games to end after 20 hours because then you can move on to the next one.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44356 Posts

No.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I haven't played it, I tend to skip R* games since they always come to PC when the hype for them had died off.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Sorry Ghost but this is probably the dumbest thread you've made in a while.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

well, that's TC casualbandodgerforever in a nutshell.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

you played Max payne 3 yet? amazing game. rockstars best work still.

Nay. I still might. :P

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#45 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@ghosts4ever:

No, Ghost. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a classy game about cowboys. Every time I play it, I do so with one pinky raised up cuz of how classy it is.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's not dumb.

Best thing about a game like The Outer Worlds is that it ends after 10-20 hours...but it offers a lot of replay value.

Worse thing about a game like RDR 2 (or Assassin's Creed, or Far Cry, or any number of AAA open-world games) is that it does not end. It just keeps going. It's almost Sisyphean in scale; you keep playing and playing and just when you think you've had enough, they give you another meaningless task.

By the time you get to hour 50, you realize 30 of those hours have been spent doing jack shit, and a good number of those hours have been spent simply travelling the world.

And who cares if you beat it? I'd rather something end while it's good (like Breaking Bad) than to keep going on and on and on and overstaying it's welcome.

There are plenty of games to play, too; it's almost a mercy for some games to end after 20 hours because then you can move on to the next one.

I don't know how you even managed to put RDR2 with Ass Creed and FC in the same basket. Ubi offerings is how not to do open world games. The story quests of RDR2 are far from meaningless. Even the side quests are pretty interesting. If you hate the game you're playing, sure, you will feel like you've done jack shit, but i've spent over 200h in rdr2, and didn't feel anything like what you're saying. You say like its a positive for the game to be short, but what if i actually like what i'm playing, and not just playing the game for trophies, or because its new and popular or any of these dumb reasons some folks play video games for. Why would i want my game to end this quickly? I don't want to move to the next game in just 20h like wtf. Twenty hours is nothing. If its a good game i like, i want to spend as much time as possible playing it, and its not by replaying it 30 times that you will enjoy your stay. Also, its not like somebody is forcing you to beat every game. If its too long, or you feel like you've done jack shit, stop playing it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ghosts4ever

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@ghosts4ever:

No, Ghost. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a classy game about cowboys. Every time I play it, I do so with one pinky raised up cuz of how classy it is.

It made you cries?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#48 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59179 Posts

Red Dead Redemption, poo.
Red Dead Redemption, poo.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

It is 4K @30 fps on Xbox one X. My PC won't even touch that game at 4K and yours probably doesn't either. I have a 4K HDR tv and it looks as good as your so called "superior version" that was gimping out of the gate.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Litchie

@sleepnsurf said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It is 4K @30 fps on Xbox one X. My PC won't even touch that game at 4K and yours probably doesn't either. I have a 4K HDR tv and it looks as good as your so called "superior version" that was gimping out of the gate.

30 fps? Fucking ew.

Should be played in at least 1080p and 60 fps.