Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Former Gamespot editor and Giantbomb founder is leaving Giantbomb,I honestly don't know if they can continue that much longer without anyone from the core team now.

Article

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

This guy used to be the enemy of the sheep. I'll never forget his Zelda and nintendo bashing

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7215 Posts

Thank goodness. Now Dan is coming back finally now that this loser is gone. Also Tamoor is coming, Giant Bomb is saved.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39227 Posts

Now that is funny. Just yesterday i unfollowed their youtube channel (been following for over 10y) because i simply cannot stand everyone but him. Used to watch a bunch of their stuff, but ever since covid began, it became a shitshow, and now its just a 'wtf is'. Was also wondering why he didn't leave when Brad left, and create his own channel on youtube.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Well holy crap,Jeff was pretty much the pillar still holding the site together,without Brad,Vinny,Alex,Dan and now Jeff it's Giantbomb in name only.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mesome713

@MrYaotubo: After loser Jeff said he was leaving, Dan announced his comeback.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mesome713

@girlusocrazy: Tamoor is a legend.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arach666
@hardwenzen said:

Now that is funny. Just yesterday i unfollowed their youtube channel (been following for over 10y) because i simply cannot stand everyone but him. Used to watch a bunch of their stuff, but ever since covid began, it became a shitshow, and now its just a 'wtf is'. Was also wondering why he didn't leave when Brad left, and create his own channel on youtube.

These days I only have a look at the bombcast(when it has timestamps) and only when he was in it,the direction the site has been going for a while now has turned me off from it almost completely. The only person I like there aside from him is Jess(Voidburger) mostly because I liked her Silent Hill stuff on youtube and the occasional appearance she had on Retsupurae.

I imagine Jeff is gonna make a similar thing to Nextlander and do a Patreon,alongside streaming on twitch.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

She is replacing Jeff. Its fine, Giant Bomb will survive btw🤡

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@MrYaotubo: After loser Jeff said he was leaving, Dan announced his comeback.

Oh really? Well thats's interesting,I guess his youtube and wrestling related plans didn't pan out then?

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Wow. Crazy to see him go. Always enjoyed listening to the Bombcast up until Ryan Davis passed. Didn't listen to it as much after that, just here and there. Seeing the rest of the team leave last year and now the man himself being done just feels crazy to me. I do miss all those guys' commentary but it is what it is, I guess.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

not a surprise. I remember hearing some rumor when Brad, Vinny and Alex left that Jeff was only staying behind to fulfill some contract then was going to probably leave as well. something to do with CBS being assholes

hopefully he joins those other guys on Nextlander. Still a handful of decent folks at GB but I doubt I will visit the site much anymore. Canceled my premium sub when the the three mentioned above left and can't say I regretted it from the little I did take in on that site.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@Arach666 said:
@hardwenzen said:

These days I only have a look at the bombcast(when it has timestamps) and only when he was in it,the direction the site has been going for a while now has turned me off from it almost completely. The only person I like there aside from him is Jess(Voidburger) mostly because I liked her Silent Hill stuff on youtube and the occasional appearance she had on Retsupurae.

I imagine Jeff is gonna make a similar thing to Nextlander and do a Patreon,alongside streaming on twitch.

Should have done this a very long time ago. He has a following, so its kinda hard to not succeed.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arach666

@girlusocrazy said:

That's according to Kotaku. Weird to see Ryckert back?

That's news to me,didn't expect Dan to ever come back.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arach666
@girlusocrazy said:

@Arach666: Can't stand anyone but him? I think Bakalar Oestreicher and Ochoa are good

It's not that I can't stand them,I just don't particulary care about anyone there aside from Jeff and now Jess. Jan is ok,Jason is good for the fighting game stuff but is otherwise invisible,Rory only for MMO/RPG talk and Bakalar I just don't like at all. I barely know the others.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen
Loading Video...

This will be the permanent GB in six months. Let that sink in, and when you're done, let it sink in some more, because its needed.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

not a surprise. I remember hearing some rumor when Brad, Vinny and Alex left that Jeff was only staying behind to fulfill some contract then was going to probably leave as well. something to do with CBS being assholes

hopefully he joins those other guys on Nextlander. Still a handful of decent folks at GB but I doubt I will visit the site much anymore. Canceled my premium sub when the the three mentioned above left and can't say I regretted it from the little I did take in on that site.

I also heard that GB was mostly his secondary job, he was being a producer i think ... so his presence in GB was diminishing by the minute.

Anyway, i also hope he lands in Nextlander even if for some colabs.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22782 Posts

Meh... Never really got the big deal with the giant bomb cast. I'd tune in to listen about games and I'd get nerds talking about anything but games.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56223 Posts

I'll never forget the meltdown when he gave Twilight Princess an 8.8🤣🤭

@MrYaotubo said:

Well holy crap,Jeff was pretty much the pillar still holding the site together,without Brad,Vinny,Alex,Dan and now Jeff it's Giantbomb in name only.

I’ve largely checked out of GB content ever since the pandemic forced them to go remote and Brad, Vinny and Alex leaving last year signaled the end was near, but this still sucks. Been somewhat a fan of GB since it began and none of the people that are left are interesting enough for me to stick around.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen
@davillain said:

@MrYaotubo said:

I’ve largely checked out of GB content ever since the pandemic forced them to go remote and Brad, Vinny and Alex leaving last year signaled the end was near, but this still sucks. Been somewhat a fan of GB since it began and none of the people that are left are interesting enough for me to stick around.

This doesn't suck at all. He is free now. His new content won't be under 100 pound of trash.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@davillain said:

I still disagree with that score. 😒

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Is he? I don't find his articles and presence on Gamespot all that impressive, though admittedly I don't really come here for the articles these days (because they are trash).

Does he have other work out there besides Gamespot?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Meh... Never really got the big deal with the giant bomb cast. I'd tune in to listen about games and I'd get nerds talking about anything but games.

That was the appeal to me. There’s not much, if anything about video games that I need to hear a group of people talk about. Their stance against anything console wars related was refreshing, but that was about it. It was the personalities that set them apart. But when Vinny, Brad and Alex left, that was it for me. GB was never the same after Ryan Davis passed, but the podcast was serviceable.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrbojangles25
@TheEroica said:

I'm a big fan of Get Played and Triple Click for my gaming podcast. Get Played (formerly "How Did This Get Played") is especially hilarious.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#32 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I never really bothered with Giant Bomb much. They were more about providing their own commentary on things than giving you news and reviews. Also, you had to pay to get access to a lot of videos. So, I just stopped visiting the site many years ago. Jeff is a good dude though as are many of the Giant Bomb crew.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@BassMan said:

I never really bothered with Giant Bomb much. They were more about providing their own commentary on things than giving you news and reviews. Also, you had to pay to get access to a lot of videos. So, I just stopped visiting the site many years ago. Jeff is a good dude though as are many of the Giant Bomb crew.

Yeah I remember Jeff from Gamespot as well, Giant Bomb not that much.

As far as I can remember the whole controversy started when he rated Kane & Lynch low and Eidos threw a fit or something.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arach666
@BassMan said:

They were more about providing their own commentary on things than giving you news and reviews.

That's exactly why I liked them,other sites had/have a formulaic structure to them while Giantbomb had a more free flowing approach looking at games.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheEroica  Moderator

@goldenelementxl said:
@TheEroica said:

That was the appeal to me. There’s not much, if anything about video games that I need to hear a group of people talk about. Their stance against anything console wars related was refreshing, but that was about it. It was the personalities that set them apart. But when Vinny, Brad and Alex left, that was it for me. GB was never the same after Ryan Davis passed, but the podcast was serviceable.

I think I'm more of an ACG type of guy, who likes hearing the intimate details of games discussed... We would talk about giant bomb back when we were doing Pedal to the Metal. Opening with loose discussion and then addressing games. I think for me when I listened to them, I wanted to get right into it with games. It wasn't a bad podcast by any stretch, I just never found a groove with it.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5268 Posts

Is it me that I am quite indifferent that a gaming personality is leaving an outlet that he and others founded years ago? I never see the appeal of most personalities, whether on television, radio, and Internet (e.g. Youtubers) and prefer well-written, reasoned, commentary than hear the words of a talking head.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mrbojangles25

@girlusocrazy said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mesome713 said:

Is he? I don't find his articles and presence on Gamespot all that impressive, though admittedly I don't really come here for the articles these days (because they are trash).

Does he have other work out there besides Gamespot?

I mostly heard him on Giant Bomb podcasts recently, it's a good time when he's on. I liked his Elden Ring coverage. Honestly it's hard to find anything good on the Gamespot front page so I wouldn't use that as a barometer.

True enough. Always looking for more interesting stuff to read and listen to, I'll have to look for him out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

GiantBomb was great until Davis passed away RIP but nothing for me will ever top Gamespot from 2001-07 back when you had awesome reviewers Like Greg Kasavin and you had shows like On the Spot, Button Mashing, Tournament TV etc.. nothing will beat that era in gaming for me as well so many classics came out in those years that I still play today.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#41 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

Always looks like he needs a bath.

Saw his room as well, disgusting.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Nothing against the remaining crew... some really nice and entertaining folks among them (especially Jason, Matt Rorie aand Jan) so good luck to them all, but I visited GB mainly for the OG Jeff, and where the Gmann goes, Imma follow.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17448 Posts

That's really unfortunate and I don't think it's good for the website.

I honestly only watched for Tamoor and Jeff.

Going to miss Quick Looks with Jeff

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

Always looks like he needs a bath.

Saw his room as well, disgusting.

Lol... 😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45253 Posts

let me guess, he gave Kane and Lynch 2 a 5/10?

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1463 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the Bombcast, but I did enjoy watching their Ranking of Fighters. Good luck to Jeff.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

I was cool with the Giantbomb content in the beginning but it started getting weird and then all the wrestling stuff. Yeah, not my cup of tea anymore so really not affecting me.

I wish him the best though.