sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15961 Posts

All games sold around 1 million units each!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sakaiXx

Accidentally posted it before I could comment and lazy to edit.

Basically with or without gamepass JRPG sells. RIP Xbox, nobody buys game on that platform etc etc its system wars.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sakaiXx

Also play granblue. Really cool action RPG with great character design and gameplay. The coop system is kinda like recent MH you can create a lobby with ur friends or join randoms. Feel good plot too and around 30 hours of solo experience. Very meaty game!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#4 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70041 Posts

The power of multiplatform.😏

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39449 Posts

This weebness must stop.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

Been currently playing through Persona 3 Reload on my XSX and enjoying it very much.

Granblue looks pretty fun. Do like the Monster Hunter-esque aspect of it. Would like to play it someday.

Very much enjoyed Like a Dragon so will certainly pick this up down the road on sale.

My next JRPG though is going to be Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Got the deluxe version pre-ordered.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59211 Posts

This could potentially change everything.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19590 Posts

I haven't heard of Granblue, but I've been sinking a lot of hours into the other two.

Infinite Wealth is really, *really* good. I'm about 40 hours in and I feel like I'm only half-way through. There's a stupid amount of high-quality content there.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9584 Posts

Nice! Granblue is a great game and got screwed in reviews since it isn't really a household name yet. I also really want to play the other two and will inevitably buy both games sometime this year when they go on sale.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sakaiXx

@Planeforger said:

I haven't heard of Granblue, but I've been sinking a lot of hours into the other two.

Infinite Wealth is really, *really* good. I'm about 40 hours in and I feel like I'm only half-way through. There's a stupid amount of high-quality content there.

All 3 JRPG mentioned definitely time sinks. I picked Granblue over the 2 game and been putting around 60 hours into multiplayer portion.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

@Planeforger: The game is massive. It took me 80 hours to get all the achievements.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Good, I hope Persona 2 Reload is next

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#13 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19647 Posts

Surprised that Granblue sold so well. All I know about it is that it was a mobile game that has spawned an action RPG for PlayStation and PC.

Not surprised by Persona and Yakuza though. They're well-established franchises by this point.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14939 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

This weebness must stop.

Infinite Wealth isn't weeb

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16582 Posts

@Jag85: yeah definitely surprised by that too..wouldn't expect a game like that to sell so well, but it did generate a decent amount of marketing and hype before hand so I guess it makes some sense. Reviews are also fairly solid.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen  Online

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:

This weebness must stop.

Infinite Wealth isn't weeb

Its not weeb, its extra weeb

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58439 Posts

This is even more ammo for the "exclusives are stupid" argument. DEATH TO EXCLUSIVES! LONG LIVE MULTIPLATS!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:

This is even more ammo for the "exclusives are stupid" argument. DEATH TO EXCLUSIVES! LONG LIVE MULTIPLATS!

👍🏽

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Good to see!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jag85

@hardwenzen: Weeb usually refers to anime culture. Yakuza is not anime style. It's no more weeb than, say, a Godzilla or Kurosawa movie.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen: Weeb usually refers to anime culture. Yakuza is not anime style. It's no more weeb than, say, a Godzilla or Kurosawa movie.

Sometimes, I wonder if people know terms like "weeb" really mean. Users on this forum are using the term left and right, usually to disparage anime and its fans.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:

Yakuza series is as anime as it gets. It having realistic visuals doesn't mean its not weeb, its insanely weeb.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jag85

@hardwenzen: That don't even make sense. The protagonist isn't a stereotypical spiky-haired teen, but a 40 year-old yakuza gangster. How is that weeb?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jag85

@onesiphorus:

With the Internet, words rapidly change meaning over time. It all started from "Wapanese" which meant "white wannabe Japanese". Then 4chan censored the word to "weeb", which was another way of saying "Wapanese". Because many "Wapanese" liked anime, they then started referring to anime fandom as "weeb". And then eventually "weeb" became synonymous with anime. The word has morphed into something completely different from its original intended meaning. Like Chinese whispers.

While it was a negative term in the past, weeb has nowadays become a positive term among Gen Z anime fans who unironically call themselves weebs. Anime doesn't have the negative stigma among Gen Z that it used to have among older generations.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen: That don't even make sense. The protagonist isn't a stereotypical spiky-haired teen, but a 40 year-old yakuza gangster. How is that weeb?

You're trying way too hard to defend this game from its weebness. A game, a movie, or whatever, isn't classified as weeb when its protagonist has your typical spikey hairs lol. The way this game plays is straight up from a goofy ass anime. You replace its realistic art direction by something like what Persona has, and you won't find a weebier game around.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jag85

@hardwenzen: You're being vague. Be more specific about what makes it anime or weeb.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sakaiXx

Yakuza do panders to a very specific and niche part of japanese culture.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro  Online

@sakaixx said:

Pandering is bad. Games are not supposed to pander to anyone or group.😏

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen: You're being vague. Be more specific about what makes it anime or weeb.

How about literally everything in the game? Its a god damn anime with realistic visuals. How is it that you refuse to accept this?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

Probably why this latest entry they toned it down for international audience. sadly.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

So NOW 1 million units for niche JRPGs is GOOD?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro  Online

@sakaixx said:
@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

Probably why this latest entry they toned it down for international audience. sadly.

Then they are pandering to an international audience.🙃

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11664 Posts

Weebs winning

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5272 Posts

@sakaixx: Pandering to an international audience while alienating the original audience. This is the price game series pay for appealing to a broader audience.

I just hope that Yakuza/Like a Dragon does not lose its original identity and become something else because of increased popularity or sales. The same goes with Persona and any other Japanese-developed game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sakaiXx

@nintendoboy16 said:

1 million in a week (or so). Used to be u gotta wait for few month or weeks these kinds of updates for JRPG.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44634 Posts

I wanted to be all over Persona 3 Reload day one but I've been too busy to put in the time needed to kick things off. Perhaps this coming weekend finally.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jag85
@hardwenzen said:
@Jag85 said:

How about literally everything in the game? Its a god damn anime with realistic visuals. How is it that you refuse to accept this?

You tell me. What about it is anime?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Jag85 said:

I've told you, the whole game, every single aspect of it is anime af. Take the dialogue for example, nobody talks like they do. Shit's anime as hell. Everyone is also super goofy. Its the kind of ridiculousness you see nowhere else but anime. I don't know why you insist on this not being a weeb game. It always has been a weeb game since the very beginning. And just like most weeb titles, it has been very niche as well.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jag85
@hardwenzen said:
@Jag85 said:

I've told you, the whole game, every single aspect of it is anime af. Take the dialogue for example, nobody talks like they do. Shit's anime as hell. Everyone is also super goofy. Its the kind of ridiculousness you see nowhere else but anime. I don't know why you insist on this not being a weeb game.

Are you talking about the dubbed English dialogue?

Goofiness doesn't make something anime. By that logic, lots of Western comedies, cartoons and comics must be anime as well.

Most people who use "weeb" associate it with anime style visuals, not realistic visuals. It doesn't just mean anything from Japan. No one watches Godzilla or Seven Samurai thinking "this is so weeb, bro!"

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Jag85 said:

I've told you, the whole game, every single aspect of it is anime af. Take the dialogue for example, nobody talks like they do. Shit's anime as hell. Everyone is also super goofy. Its the kind of ridiculousness you see nowhere else but anime. I don't know why you insist on this not being a weeb game.

Are you talking about the dubbed English dialogue?

Goofiness doesn't make something anime. By that logic, lots of Western comedies, cartoons and comics must be anime as well.

Most people who use "weeb" associate it with anime style visuals, not realistic visuals. It doesn't just mean anything from Japan. No one watches Godzilla or Seven Samurai thinking "this is so weeb, bro!"

Of course i am talking about the english dialogue, why would i be talking about the Japanese language i don't understand? And sure, if it makes you feel better, you can call this game like it was a damn cartoon. Thing is, most Western cartoons/comics aren't including a ton of perv shit in them, but anime do, so i don't need to tell you which category this game is more fitting, cuz we all know how much fan service these games include.

And i don't know what kind of person associates nothing but anime style visuals with "weeb", but that's simply false.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jag85

@hardwenzen:

I haven't played the recent Yakuza games, but have played the earlier Yakuza games. And I didn't see anything that was "anime" or "weeb" about them. They were very much like crime films and dramas from Japan and Korea. The only major anime-like character in the old games was Majima, yet he was more like The Joker (since it was the same voice actor, Mark Hamill). But only the first game was dubbed, whereas the sequels were Japanese with subs. So there wasn't any of that awkward dub voice acting in the sequels.

I'm not too familiar with the new Like a Dragon protagonist Ichiban, but my first impressions of him is that he comes across more light-hearted and goofy compared to Kazuma, who was stoic and serious in the older games. So I'm guessing that's why you think it's a "weeb" game. Yet the irony is that the recent Like a Dragon games which you claim to be "weeb" are far more popular in the West than the older games which were very non-weeb.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

1 million in a week (or so). Used to be u gotta wait for few month or weeks these kinds of updates for JRPG.

Okay, but you didn't say THAT in the OP. Also, you tried to downplay the F out of the time SMT V sold one million in UNDER a year, despite that being an impressive feat for that series. Guess the narrative changes when they're not on Nintendo consoles then?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sakaiXx

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, but you didn't say THAT in the OP. Also, you tried to downplay the F out of the time SMT V sold one million in UNDER a year, despite that being an impressive feat for that series. Guess the narrative changes when they're not on Nintendo consoles then?

I mean at the same time P5/R on PS4 already sold 5m and people were riding on hype Atlus could replicate with SMTV which lead to initial good sales. Turns out it game barely had a story and bland world. Pretty dead nobody talks about it afterwards.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I mean at the same time P5/R on PS4 already sold 5m and people were riding on hype Atlus could replicate with SMTV which lead to initial good sales. Turns out it game barely had a story and bland world. Pretty dead nobody talks about it afterwards.

Or it could be that Persona, despite it's roots with SMT, is just considerably more popular than the base series it rooted from (ala Rabbids from Rayman). Also that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen:

I haven't played the recent Yakuza games, but have played the earlier Yakuza games. And I didn't see anything that was "anime" or "weeb" about them. They were very much like crime films and dramas from Japan and Korea. The only major anime-like character in the old games was Majima, yet he was more like The Joker (since it was the same voice actor, Mark Hamill). But only the first game was dubbed, whereas the sequels were Japanese with subs. So there wasn't any of that awkward dub voice acting in the sequels.

I'm not too familiar with the new Like a Dragon protagonist Ichiban, but my first impressions of him is that he comes across more light-hearted and goofy compared to Kazuma, who was stoic and serious in the older games. So I'm guessing that's why you think it's a "weeb" game. Yet the irony is that the recent Like a Dragon games which you claim to be "weeb" are far more popular in the West than the older games which were very non-weeb.

Bruh you don't need to search to see this being as anime as it gets. Just the way everyone talks between each other, its straight up weeb zone anime.

Loading Video...
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jag85

@hardwenzen: Like I thought, your issue is with the dubbed voice acting. That says more about American voice acting than it does about anime. American voice acting always sounds super cheesy, regardless of whether it's anime, JRPGs or Disney/Pixar movies. In contrast, British voice acting sounds a lot more natural. Whenever a JRPG like Xenoblade or Dragon Quest is dubbed with British voice actors, it just sounds way more natural and far less cheesy than American dubs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen: Like I thought, your issue is with the dubbed voice acting. That says more about American voice acting than it does about anime. American voice acting always sounds super cheesy, regardless of whether it's anime, JRPGs or Disney/Pixar movies. In contrast, British voice acting sounds a lot more natural. Whenever a JRPG like Xenoblade or Dragon Quest is dubbed with British voice actors, it just sounds way more natural and far less cheesy than American dubs.

Voice acting is just something notice instantly. The way characters interact between each other, combat, etc is straight from a damn anime, and i am blown away by the fact that you refuse to accept something this clear.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jag85

@hardwenzen: I just watched some of the scene you posted... That don't look or sound anything like an anime! What are you smoking, bruv?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen  Online

@Jag85 said:

@hardwenzen: I just watched some of the scene you posted... That don't look or sound anything like an anime! What are you smoking, bruv?

That is a question i must ask you lol. Do you define an anime with tentacle and monsters? I don't. You watch an anime that doesn't focus on that, and its straight up a Yakuza game.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jag85

@hardwenzen: I'm just going off the scene you posted. All I see is an office scene with Ichiban talking to some gangster. I fail to see what's so "anime" about that scene.