SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/27/release-date-updates-for-the-last-of-us-part-ii-ghost-of-tsushima/

Nice, back to back months of PlayStation gaming goodness.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

Yeah, before an employee starts leaking Ghost of Tsushima, too.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

leaked of last of us 2 out. game will be most hated game of 2020.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

2 future classics

thank you Sony

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45314 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I heard they leaked God of War Horizon 3

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 KazHirai
Member since 2019 • 433 Posts

The Last of Us 2 released yesterday.

RIP

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

TLOU2 was release yesterday...for free!!!

All jest aside, June 19th doesn't sound all that bad and still looking forward to playing it and as for Ghost of Tsushima, guess it had to make a sacrifice for 1 month of delay in order for TLOU2 get its shine.

Also, love the way they made Ellie a serial killer this time around, very interest how she enjoys the killing in TLOU2.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sony fans owe nintnedo for this one.

obviously naughty dog saw how successful a game can be in quarantine after seeing the success of animal crossing and to a much lesser extent the final fantasy 7 movie.

youre welcome sony fanboys.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8444 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Why would it be the most hated game of 2020?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator

@KBFloYd said:

obviously naughty dog saw how successful a game can be in quarantine after seeing the success of animal crossing and to a much lesser extent final fantasy 7 movie.

youre welcome sony fans.

That makes no sense. What are you trying to pull here?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:

read the leaks you will find it. i cant spoil sorry.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3231 Posts

I'm surprised that The Last Of Us 2 is coming out in June 19th. I thought that it would be delayed way further.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KBFloYd

@davillain- said:
@KBFloYd said:

obviously naughty dog saw how successful a game can be in quarantine after seeing the success of animal crossing and to a much lesser extent final fantasy 7 movie.

youre welcome sony fans.

That makes no sense. What are you trying to pull here?

delay of last of us was because of corona concerns as tweeted by the developer.

those concerns were put to rest after animal crossing became quarantine therapy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator

@KBFloYd: I failed to see how Animal Crossing: New Horizons has anything to do with TLOU2 new release date but hey, don't let me rain on you're parade if this helps you sleep at night.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

Honestly, read the leak. It's a big nothing burger that's going to make a certain portion of the population cringe but most in the real world won't care. If anything, I love the direction it's taking. This is going to compete hardcore with Cyberpunk for GOTY - or even GOTG. Unless another game shocks this year, but don't see it happening.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

@davillain- said:

@KBFloYd: I failed to see how Animal Crossing: New Horizons has anything to do with TLOU2 new release date but hey, don't let me rain on you're parade if this helps you sleep at night.

has to do with sales and money. they were worried about corona flop.

but turns out corona was gold for in home activities like gaming.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KBFloYd

@virusvaccine21 said:

Honestly, read the leak. It's a big nothing burger that's going to make a certain portion of the population cringe but most in the real world won't care. If anything, I love the direction it's taking. This is going to compete hardcore with Cyberpunk for GOTY - or even GOTG. Unless another game shocks this year, but don't see it happening.

what about final fantasy 7 remake?

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VirusVaccine21

@KBFloYd said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

what about final fantasy 7 remake?

It was a great game, but I'm half-way in and it's just great not superb. Honestly, I was way more impressed with the RE2 remake.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VirusVaccine21

Also, I'd like to add. I'm not surprised with the leak. The way Naughty Dog has treated their employees is pretty abysmal. Someone got pissed.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jaydan

@ghosts4ever said:
@jaydan said:

Without spoiling, that's all the expression I need to know to satisfy my suspicion I had in the first place. I was suspicious in the first place as why the game would get delayed indefinitely during a time that's showing video games are thriving exceptionally well. It didn't make sense other than the possibility the subject of the game itself is very controversial, maybe insensitive for this time. You're pretty much confirming that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@jaydan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jaydan said:

Without spoiling, that's all the expression I need to know to satisfy my suspicion I had in the first place. I was suspicious in the first place as why the game would get delayed indefinitely during a time that's showing video games are thriving exceptionally well. It didn't make sense other than the possibility the subject of the game itself is very controversial, maybe insensitive for this time. You're pretty much confirming that.

It has done what MGS2 had done in past.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jaydan

@ghosts4ever: I just read the plot leaks - cause, **** it - but my impression is this game will be pandering hard towards the SJW crowd.

The original Last of Us had plenty of shocking twists and turns, but they were warranted and effective for the satisfaction of the story.

I'm now worrying part 2 will take the success of the first game irresponsibly in turn to forcing political emotion out of players.

It makes a lot sense now why they'd delay the game indefinitely during such a sensitive time. Naughty Dog doesn't have the balls to stay true to their creation because they KNOW what they created is pandering so they have to delay indefinitely for the sake of their own reputation.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70012 Posts

Good news. It just didn't make sense not releasing Last of Us 2 this year and prior to the PS5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: I just read the plot leaks - cause, **** it - but my impression is this game will be pandering hard towards the SJW crowd.

The original Last of Us had plenty of shocking twists and turns, but they were warranted and effective for the satisfaction of the story.

I'm now worrying part 2 will take the success of the first game irresponsibly in turn to forcing political emotion out of players.

It makes a lot sense now why they'd delay the game indefinitely during such a sensitive time. Naughty Dog doesn't have the balls to stay true to their creation because they KNOW what they created is pandering so they have to delay indefinitely for the sake of their own reputation.

I forgot folks like you still bitch when games are not catered specifically for you. Don't worry, you will get use to it. :)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jaydan

@Pedro: I loved the first game. You have no right to tell me not to express honest impressions that for all I know, could be wrong.

I've also, up until now, mostly avoided Last of Us 2 discussions, after all these years. You say it like I'm having some continued assualt on the game when I really haven't been talking about it at all.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

After reading the leaks, any meagre hype I had for TLoU2 went down the drain. Definitely grabbing GoT.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator

@jaydan said:

Anyone who was gonna get the game but probably back out before the leaks already made up their minds. ND took a long time with this game and having multiple delays with all this Ellie love ND has been doing pretty much damage the reputation by now. I'm still looking forward to it but I barely follow the leaks so I'm staying away any leaks myself.

From what I seen so far, it seems ND didn't have a clue on where to take this sequel next it seems. Hope I'm wrong when I finally play it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@jaydan said:

@Pedro: I loved the first game. You have no right to tell me not to express honest impressions that for all I know, could be wrong.

I've also, up until now, mostly avoided Last of Us 2 discussions, after all these years. You say it like I'm having some continued assualt on the game when I really haven't been talking about it at all.

Funny, no where in my comment said you shouldn't express your impressions. I always find it odd that the people you have a tendency to whine about SJW are always so sensitive.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jaydan

@davillain-: You need to separate my subjective opinion of the game. I think I can enjoy the game, I never said I wouldn't, BUT: I can identify Naughty Dog has potentially taken an SJW political stance with this game, which wasn't a theme present in the first game. I can SEE how society can potentially respond to this game as narrative bullshit. I'm pretty sure many of us will find gameplay we loved in the first game, but I will understand perfectly well if this can all backfire on Naughty Dog and it would all lead to them pandering in the first place.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

After reading the leaks, any meagre hype I had for TLoU2 went down the drain. Definitely grabbing GoT.

why because the story is not what you wanted? again if the game plays great and is fun to PLAY who cares what direction there going? do i want to play as joel of course but it did not change my mind once i seen Ellie in action.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

still to far away :( i want it now lol. ow well im playing days gone right now so might be good to have a month break in between two zombie like games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@jaydan said:

@davillain-: You need to separate my subjective opinion of the game. I think I can enjoy the game, I never said I wouldn't, BUT: I can identify Naughty Dog has potentially taken an SJW political stance with this game, which wasn't a theme present in the first game. I can SEE how society can potentially respond to this game as narrative bullshit. I'm pretty sure many of us will find gameplay we loved in the first game, but I will understand perfectly well if this can all backfire on Naughty Dog and it would all lead to them pandering in the first place.

You do realize that you simply want them to pander to your taste versus pandering to some else taste? This nonsense of pandering only became an "issue" when minority groups were introduced in games. Now, why is that? :)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

@gifford38 said:

why because the story is not what you wanted? again if the game plays great and is fun to PLAY who cares what direction there going? do i want to play as joel of course but it did not change my mind once i seen Ellie in action.

Not getting into it, as it's gonna be divisive as shit, and don't much feel like debating the point.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jaydan

@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:

Funny, no where in my comment said you shouldn't express your impressions. I always find it odd that the people you have a tendency to whine about SJW are always so sensitive.

Sorry did my posts make you sensitive? You belittled my impressions as putting me in a category of people that"bitch". So if you're not trying to take away my right you are clearly attempting to pressure me not to by taking an aggressive and condescending approach, which leads me to say you're being too sensitive here.

Naughty Dog can pander all they want, I never said they can't. I am addressing that I can understand why there can be backlash to the game, it also does not help that Naughty Dog didn't have the balls to just release the game when they were supposed to, because that only raises suspicions.

The seeds for negative backlash has already been planted, and that's beyond any of our control

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59164 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@jaydan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jaydan said:

It has done what MGS2 had done in past.

Loading Video...

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jaydan

@Pedro: There's a special term in psychology for those that irrationally create false narratives to push their agenda. I never once said I didn't want the game to come out or to wholly cater to my preferences; in fact, I wanted the game to come out on time. I merely passed judgments which you got emotional over.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@jaydan: And you need to re-read what I said and I never said anything you cannot enjoy TLOU2. Take that crap somewhere else.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@jaydan said:

Sorry did my posts make you sensitive? You belittled my impressions as putting me in a category of people that"bitch". So if you're not trying to take away my right you are clearly attempting to pressure me not to by taking an aggressive and condescending approach, which leads me to say you're being too sensitive here.

Naughty Dog can pander all they want, I never said they can't. I am addressing that I can understand why there can be backlash to the game, it also does not help that Naughty Dog didn't have the balls to just release the game when they were supposed to, because that only raises suspicions.

The seeds for negative backlash has already been planted, and that's beyond any of our control

I call you out for being sensitive so you think that calling me sensitive is going negate my comment. Ok.

Stop bitching about anyone taking away your right to bitch. This a public forum. You write stuff and people comment. One can argue that you believe no one should negatively comment about your comments, which effectively is hinting that you want to remove other people's rights. Now isn't that interesting. :)

The game is going to succeed whether you and I like it or not. You and your peeps can continue to whine about pandering but the game is going to be what it was always meant to be. I find very odd that folks like you want to dictate what developers should and shouldn't put in their stories. You an others "are clearly attempting to pressure" Naughty Dog into not writing what they want to write. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Let me start with saying I’m a fan of the first game.

I just read the leaks. That is pretty stupid all around. What a silly plot line and direction. That might be ND’s worst story yet...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

I just read the leaks. That is pretty stupid all around. What a silly plot line and direction. That might be ND’s worst story yet...

That's how I felt about the last sections of the first one.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

Well with the game releasing yesterday all over; they had no choice but to release this as soon as possible...lol.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jaydan

@Pedro:

The biggest fault that gets me to not take you seriously 60% of the time, whether I'm engaged with you personally or spectating your general meltdowns on Gamespot, you're pretty much a broken argumentative record at this point, Pedro. You are a dose of patterns and you almost always instigate arguments and subsequent meltdowns on this website.

At heart you're still just the Same 5 GIF Man even though you don't do that much anymore after you started getting called-out. You've delegated your repetition and lack of argumentative tact on this website to other forms of annoyances.

You fixate pre-conceived labels before you jump into arguments and you don't take no for an answer. Anyone that objects and explains their feelings you'll fuel your narrative they must be getting more emotional.

You start right away with stop bitching, quit getting emotional when in fact I was just having a conversation with another user. Sure it could be a judgmental conversation you don't like but that does not default an emotional or sensitive position I'm in when I in fact don't pertain. I only begin detecting emotions when you jumped in and interjected. You do this a ton on this website, not just to me but everyone.

Yes this is a public forum so that can give you the right to be a piece of shit and try to back people in corners with your pre-conceived labels, as much as others have the right to not put up with your shit.

You get into weak verbatim arguments like I've seen you and Subspecies because you enjoy being disruptive more than being progressive in your arguments. I think that's just weak and I hope you understand that's why I'm not going to respond, no matter how predictable I know your response will be.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@jaydan said:

@Pedro:

The biggest fault that gets me to not take you seriously 60% of the time, whether I'm engaged with you personally or spectating your general meltdowns on Gamespot, you're pretty much a broken argumentative record at this point, Pedro. You are a dose of patterns and you almost always instigate arguments and subsequent meltdowns on this website.

At heart you're still just the Same 5 GIF Man even though you don't do that much anymore after you started getting called-out. You've delegated your repetition and lack of argumentative tact on this website to other forms of annoyances.

You fixate pre-conceived labels before you jump into arguments and you don't take no for an answer. Anyone that objects and explains their feelings you'll fuel your narrative they must be getting more emotional.

You start right away with stop bitching, quit getting emotional when in fact I was just having a conversation with another user. Sure it could be a judgmental conversation you don't like but that does not default an emotional or sensitive position I'm in when I in fact don't pertain. I only begin detecting emotions when you jumped in and interjected. You do this a ton on this website, not just to me but everyone.

Yes this is a public forum so that can give you the right to be a piece of shit and try to back people in corners with your pre-conceived labels, as much as others have the right to not put up with your shit.

You get into weak verbatim arguments like I've seen you and Subspecies because you enjoy being disruptive more than being progressive in your arguments. I think that's just weak and I hope you understand that's why I'm not going to respond, no matter how predictable I know your response will be.

So its clear, I have struck a nerve. Its odd for you say I fixate on pre-conceived labels (non were literally given) but here you are bitching about SJW pandering. Now, isn't that ironic? I don't even know if you are going to see the irony.

Then you jump on the silly train "You have no right to tell me not to express honest impressions". Nowhere in my response implied or indicated that you are not allowed to voice your "honest" impressions. Why are you playing the victim? If you want a safe space then the forums are not the place for you. If a negative response to your comment equates to someone attempting to censor you then you are indeed sensitive.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

InB4 I_cry_daily show up and complain for what ever reason.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Just saw TlOU 2 leaks. I can say I'm going to skip that one. Hopefully this screw up leads to them cleaning house at ND.

They have gone do far leftwing that it's hard to deal with.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@tormentos said:

InB4 I_cry_daily show up and complain for what ever reason.

Why are you here? You don't play games. This isn't about specs.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghosts4ever

someone owned neil "i want to be hideo kojima" druckman...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Why the delay if it’s so insignificant? This is smelling more and more like Sony used COVID to give themselves a bit more developmental leeway to polish and extend crunch.

Haven’t read the leaks. Regardless of where this goes narratively, I’ll enjoy it regardless as I am not one who considers TLOU to be a “movie game” but actually has decent and highly enjoyable gameplay. If 2 follows form, it’ll be an enjoyable experience.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Yeah it sounds like they should have moved on to a new game. Story wise it was always going to be difficult to follow the first game.