M$ will announce more Xbone games coming to PC

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

What do you hope they announce? Master Chief Collection? Sunset: Overdrive? Recore? Forza? Me, I personally believe they'll announce some random F2P game or indie crap they moneyhatted.

article is here

At this year’s E3, Microsoft revealed that Gears of War Ultimate Collection and Killer Instict are coming to Windows 10. Naturally, a lot of gamers are not convinced about Microsoft’s intentions, which is why they’ve been asking for even more Xbox One games coming to the PC. And according to Microsoft’s Kudo Tsunoda, the company will announce more PC games in the coming months.

As Kudo Tsunoda told MaximumPCMag when asked about Halo or Tomb Raider coming to the PC:

“You know we can’t have any announcements about that stuff today, but for sure there is going to be a lot more, you know, a lot more announcements coming as we roll towards Gamescom.”

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Good stuff. My PC is ready.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

The more the merrier

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I'll believe they're serious when they announce cross platform play Halo 5 with full mouse and keyboard support for PC gamers.

MS are sitting on a massive gold mine, if they were to support the software that makes them ~75% of their cash flow properly. Instead they'll carry on with lip service while pumping money into a cheap toy. Windows 10 may change this but I doubt it.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@NoodleFighter:

My guess is that it will probably be either Quantum Break or Tomb Raider that they will announce for PC around Gamescom.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17842 Posts

I would like to see all of them on PC. No need for exclusives. Especially since most of them don't even do 1080p/60fps. Let us play the games properly on PC.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Sounds like a win for PC. Also, f2p games are the most competitive and skilled based games around. Stay salty TC.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

I don't see the main entries from HaloGearsForza going PC but the rest are likely

Sunset Overdrive(pretty much confirmed), MCC (rumored), Forza Horizon 2(rumored)

Recore, Quantum Break, Crackdown 3 and Scalebound all likely, but probably after Xbone release

Tomb Raider is coming to PC and PS4

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Wow... MS is really sticking to their guns about supporting PC gaming. I actually see this as a good thing.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Stay salty my friend

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

I'll believe they're serious when they announce cross platform play Halo 5 with full mouse and keyboard support for PC gamers.

MS are sitting on a massive gold mine, if they were to support the software that makes them ~75% of their cash flow properly. Instead they'll carry on with lip service while pumping money into a cheap toy. Windows 10 may change this but I doubt it.

75% would probably be their business services, not the desktop or games software.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@blessedbyhorus said:

Wow... MS is really sticking to their guns about supporting PC gaming. I actually see this as a good thing.

its great for people who now will never buy an xbone and the player base shrink and kill that division

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'd love to see Recore, that was the one game from Microsoft's conference that interested me.

Gamescom might just put lemmings on suicide watch.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 waahahah

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I'd love to see Recore, that was the one game from Microsoft's conference that interested me.

why would it put them on suicide watch? The only thing they care about is if ps4 gets it. PC is largely ignored in these threads or console fanboys will cover their ears and scream when it comes to a PC argument.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b883bb846c10

@ProtossX said:
@blessedbyhorus said:

its great for people who now will never buy an xbone and the player base shrink and kill that division

Both Xbox One(consoles) and PC have two very different demographics and I know this from real life and I don't know why people will never get this. Its not going to kill anything, but instead enlarge Windows 10/Xbox One. Cross plat play? Yeah I want that to happen A LOT. When I'm done building my PC, I want to game with my Xbox friends, since none of my friends have PC's, I tried educating them on building a PC, but their clueless like the average console gamer. You people act like the average console gamer knows how to build a PC. You people on the forum with PC/Consoles are actually a minority. Console gamers b*tched and complained about the PS3 costing $600 and X1 $500. A gaming rig that will max out most games(which is considered real PC gaming) you would need a budget of at least $900. The average console gamer ain't going to speed that much on a gaming PC. They rather buy a Mac or Ipad.

MS knows these are two different demographics and so that is why they are doing it. More $$$ for them.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#16 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Good news but it does bother me that I bought the Xbone for exclusives and now there is none.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@blessedbyhorus said:
@ProtossX said:
@blessedbyhorus said:

Both Xbox One(consoles) and PC have two very different demographics and I know this from real life and I don't know why people will never get this. Its not going to kill anything, but instead enlarge Windows 10/Xbox One. Cross plat play? Yeah I want that to happen A LOT. When I'm done building my PC, I want to game with my Xbox friends, since none of my friends have PC's, I tried educating them on building a PC, but their clueless like the average console gamer. You people act like the average console gamer knows how to build a PC. You people on the forum with PC/Consoles are actually a minority. Console gamers b*tched and complained about the PS3 costing $600 and X1 $500. A gaming rig that will max out most games(which is considered real PC gaming) you would need a budget of at least $900. The average console gamer ain't going to speed that much on a gaming PC. They rather buy a Mac or Ipad.

MS knows these are two different demographics and so that is why they are doing it. More $$$ for them.

As a PC gamer i was an Xbox gamer when came to stuff like shooters and exclusives, now im turning to PC / PS4 gamer as i don't need a xbone in my house how do you not understand this?

Gamers are the same gamers a lot of of pc gamers like me bought the xbone for exclusives and console exclusives,

if you don't have exclusives the pc gamers gravitate to ps4 instead

pc gamers still need a console for the tv an exclusive games so they are the same people and if xbone offers nothing its not needed at all unlike the ps4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5b883bb846c10

@ProtossX:

I don't know why, but it seems a lot of Xbox guys were former PC gamers. And vice versa. Weird...

Anyways addressing your point. I understand your point and I really do. The thing is MS releasing their games on Windows 10 is not them "killing off their Xbox brand". They know console gamers and PC gamers are two totally different demographics. Heck most lems seem to not care as long as its not on a Sony platform. To make it simple. PC gaming is a "hobby" for us that we take seriously. Console gaming is more of a entertainment for console gamers. That's why consoles are simple and straight forward. Again us people on forums are just a vocal minority who talk about fps and resolution and DF this and that. Ask the average console gamer on the street about what the heck is anti-aliasing, they wouldn't even know what it means. MS KNOWS the demographics are different. That's why its an over-exaggeration to say MS releasing their games on PC is them killing the Xbox brand.

I know you, me and other people who game on PC don't need an X1, but the X1 is not marketed to people like us.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

Will "first on -insert- console" or "console exclusive" really have any weight when steam machines are around? Sure they're PCs but they are small form factor PCs made mainstream by Valve and this generation of consoles are trying really hard to be wannabe pcs. You could basically dual boot windows 10 and steamOS to get all the "console exclusives" and still have your own for your steam machine, some of them only cost $50 -$100 more than the PS4 and Xbox One and can outperform them.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#20 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17842 Posts

@ProtossX said:

pc gamers still need a console for the tv an exclusive games so they are the same people and if xbone offers nothing its not needed at all unlike the ps4

Why do we need a console for the TV? We already hook up our PC to the TV. The only reason we buy consoles is for exclusives.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GarGx1

@waahahah said:
@GarGx1 said:

75% would probably be their business services, not the desktop or games software.

You do realise why Windows 8.1 has been such a failure, don't you? Gamers hated it.

You do realise why window 7 was such a success, don't you? Gamers loved it

You do realise why Windows Vista was such a failure.......

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Sounds good, but Microsoft still has yet to put any major game changing exclusives on PC. They will only put games that don't detract from the major sellers in the Xbox One exclusive lineup. Which makes sense if they're trying to proposition an Xbox One to a PC gamer, and they are. I don't think they need the extra software sales as much as they want to increase Xbox One sales.

That said, I think Halo MCC is a possibility now. It won't be a major driver of sales this holiday season, and it is at its core a collection of old games. That means MS is in a good position now to eak out some extra sales from PC gamers hungry to play Halo.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#24 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@NoodleFighter: what's the point of getting a X1 if they all come to pc?

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

It should say "Windows 10 PC", You guys do know MS owns Windows 10 and makes money off everyone sold.

@ride, who wants a huge PC tower sitting next to there HD TV, I know I don't!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@rrjim1 said:

It should say "Windows 10 PC", You guys do know MS owns Windows 10 and makes money off everyone sold.

Who says it has to be a big tower?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Legend002 said:

Good news but it does bother me that I bought the Xbone for exclusives and now there is none.

Why would it bother you? You still get your games. It bothering you is akin to a kid getting mad some other kid has the same toy when I thought he was the only one.

@The_Last_Ride Some people don't have PC's powerful enough to run these games. Others simply can't be bothered to connect an HDMI to their TV's are don't have the proper space to do that.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
@rrjim1 said:

Why huge? even then

On shorter legs it can perfectly blend as a living room table....

Say again?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@waahahah said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

why would it put them on suicide watch? The only thing they care about is if ps4 gets it. PC is largely ignored in these threads or console fanboys will cover their ears and scream when it comes to a PC argument.

If MS games continue to come to PC....the Xbox Division would be unnecessary.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@ProtossX said:
@blessedbyhorus said:

Microsoft should've sold that division long time ago

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

As long as they are cross-platform it is a good thing

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 waahahah

@GarGx1 said:
@waahahah said:
@GarGx1 said:

You do realise why Windows 8.1 has been such a failure, don't you? Gamers hated it.

You do realise why window 7 was such a success, don't you? Gamers loved it

You do realise why Windows Vista was such a failure.......

First off that doesn't address what I said, their business products probably generate more money than the desktop sales and game sales combined.

Secondly you're completely wrong about who hates these things.

Vista was a great OS, the uac made things a bit difficult for everyone because the new protection took a page from linux and didn't let programs write to protected folders. Turn it off problem solved. And every one who really hated it bought a PC from compac or dell that was completely underpowered.

Every one loved windows 7, but windows 7 was basically vista though.

WIndows 8.1 also is a great OS. The only problem I've seen any one complain about it is the full screen start menu. Everything else about it is just like 7 (or vista). But gamers will run windows 8, and businesses are not due to the changes with the start menu. So gamers aren't really the problem here, or are a very small part of it...

Obviously there are a few features that each OS added but the internals are basically vista, with some refinement in the boot speed. There was a lot of transition with vista so some things had a rocky start, but the 64bit was much much better supported than xp 64.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 waahahah

@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

If MS games continue to come to PC....the Xbox Division would be unnecessary.

Well maybe in your imagination, but the people buying consoles generally aren't PC gamers, or don't want to put together a PC, or want a device that is soley focused for connecting it to the tv. You can connect a PC in the living room but its not 100% compatible with it. Not all the games can be used with a controller, not all the ui's are designed for sitting at a distance... Consoles will always have a place until steam machines take over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b883bb846c10

@waahahah:

I keep telling these people that PC gamers and Console gamers are two totally different demographics and yet they still think the average console gamer who has gamed on a controller his whole life and mostly spends at most $400 on a console will:

1. Know how to build a gaming rig.

2. Spend $900-$1,000 on a high end gaming PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

It's going to be good for cross play games, that's for sure. The more competition the better and MS makes money either way. Seeing that PC gamers and console gamers are 2 different breed they will still have people buying the X1 that has no interest in PC games and vice versa. Companies are recognizing that PC gaming is growing so thats why you seeing my split releases on PC and other consoles but I don't we'll see big console exclusives go to the PC, they have to keep that fan base happy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59121 Posts

So no pc games, for, the pc.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GarGx1
@waahahah said:

First off that doesn't address what I said, their business products probably generate more money than the desktop sales and game sales combined.

Vista was a great OS, the uac made things a bit difficult for everyone because the new protection took a page from linux and didn't let programs write to protected folders. Turn it off problem solved. And every one who really hated it bought a PC from compac or dell that was completely underpowered.

WIndows 8.1 also is a great OS. The only problem I've seen any one complain about it is the full screen start menu. Everything else about it is just like 7 (or vista). But gamers will run windows 8, and businesses are not due to the changes with the start menu. So gamers aren't really the problem here, or are a very small part of it...

Obviously there are a few features that each OS added but the internals are basically vista, with some refinement in the boot speed. There was a lot of transition with vista so some things had a rocky start, but the 64bit was much much better supported than xp 64.

Microsoft made $86 billion in 2014

Domestic licensing was over $18 billion, this has been steadily falling, year on year, since the release of 8.1

Commercial licensing was over $42 billion, this has been steadily increasing

The remainder is hardware (Xbox Division, Surface etc.) and phones. Incidentally Xbox was worth around $9 billion last year

What I can't find is exactly what software goes into making the licensing revenues but it probably safe to assume that most of it comes from Windows.

Microsoft know they screwed up with the windows 8 U.I. which is why they want to put it behind them asap. It's been so badly received by the domestic market that they are willing to lose the entire first years revenue of a new O/S to get everyone back to singing from the same hymn page, companies don't turn their back on billions of dollars unless something is very, very, wrong.

On top if that they are adding the extra enticement of DX12 into the package. If that isn't a move to get Gamers away from Windows 7, I don't know what is.

I've not injected this with any of my personal opinion either. I've gone through every version of Windows since 3.1 including Vista (which was eventually ok). I'm currently on 8.1, which I like when it doesn't drag me into the Metro U.I. It's a fight to get everything away from that terrible interface. The overall performance is superior to Win 7, it's a lot more stable and most things actually run better. My opinion changes nothing though, Windows 8 has been a failure in terms of sales and uptake, especially in the domestic market, it's that simple.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

MCC please

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 waahahah

@GarGx1 said:
@waahahah said:

Microsoft made $86 billion in 2014

Domestic licensing was over $18 billion, this has been steadily falling, year on year, since the release of 8.1

Commercial licensing was over $42 billion, this has been steadily increasing

The remainder is hardware (Xbox Division, Surface etc.) and phones. Incidentally Xbox was worth around $9 billion last year

What I can't find is exactly what software goes into making the licensing revenues but it probably safe to assume that most of it comes from Windows.

Microsoft know they screwed up with the windows 8 U.I. which is why they want to put it behind them asap. It's been so badly received by the domestic market that they are willing to lose the entire first years revenue of a new O/S to get everyone back to singing from the same hymn page, companies don't turn their back on billions of dollars unless something is very, very, wrong.

On top if that they are adding the extra enticement of DX12 into the package. If that isn't a move to get Gamers away from Windows 7, I don't know what is.

I've not injected this with any of my personal opinion either. I've gone through every version of Windows since 3.1 including Vista (which was eventually ok). I'm currently on 8.1, which I like when it doesn't drag me into the Metro U.I. It's a fight to get everything away from that terrible interface. The overall performance is superior to Win 7, it's a lot more stable and most things actually run better. My opinion changes nothing though, Windows 8 has been a failure in terms of sales and uptake, especially in the domestic market, it's that simple.

Its not a fight to get everything out of the modern ui. Just uninstall all the modern apps. No modern apps, no modern ui.

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-8&faq=60

Also your missing a crap ton of other software that businesses and consumers buy. For the most part windows is just something that comes with a PC to most users, not many people actually purchase it so the lost sales isn't something to worry about for M$. I imagine they are looking at these particular licenses more than windows. If everyone just had a version of windows (7 works), these become relevant. I imagine they realized handing the new windows will likely generate more money for them instead of trying to get people to upgrade or buy new PC's.

Hyper-V

Windows server

Exchange

Visual Studio

Office

Office 365

I imagine they batch sell millions of licenses to OEM's for windows pretty cheap.

And as far as consumers go, M$ is eating into their own profits, you have free web based office so you don't need to buy the home and student versions any more. On top of that there are google docs now + open office variants. But until recently even during windows 7 office was an almost necessary purchase. Windows 8 and onedrive integration is easily going to eat into the consumer market as well as all the free alternatives.

Visual Studio is still really the best development environment, theres eclipes/qt creator but nothing else comes close to being decent. But they finally have the community edition so you don't exactly have to pay for it... even on a small team of up to 5 people...

Basically Microsoft isn't in the position to charge for everything now. They still have some of the best tools but there's a lot of free alternatives that are almost just as good. And for consumers even with windows just aren't going to spend money on things they don't need any more.

Also, people just don't need new PC's, you can get a 1.2 ghz tablet that'll do everyone most users want to do... and since there are alternatives to office, you don't need to buy a windows PC any more.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

If something isn't a system seller there really isn't a point in keeping it exclusive in my opinion. Especially when it is an older game. I cannot imagine anyone out there today is going to be buying an Xbox One for Killer Instinct or Fable Legends. If a game isn't going to sell your system you might as well bring it to PC as well which isn't even directly competing with consoles. I think Halo: MCC will be the next game announced for PC since anyone who is interested in the Xbox One version probably has it by now since it is almost a year old. I expect the same thing for Halo 5 and Gears 4. They will probably come out first to Xbox One, and then once they've sold the majority of the copies they are going to sell there they will come to PC.

It would also be cool if they made all of these games cross-play and cross-buy. The concerns people might have with cross-play is that PC players would have an advantage, but this is easily solved I think. If a PC player wants to play with mouse and keyboard then they are only matched with other PC players who are using mouse and keyboard. However, if they use a controller then they are matched with Xbox One players and other PC players using a controller.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Maybe Microsoft called this system the Xbox One because there's only 1 exclusive which is Forza. lol

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

I just want a new AoE/M.

After all these expansions, you'd think MS is reving up for a new sequel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5b883bb846c10

@Legend002 said:

Maybe Microsoft called this system the Xbox One because there's only 1 exclusive which is Forza. lol

This was a very corny attempt at a joke...

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

That is never going to occur.

Cross platform FPS games between a console and a PC would be a joke. It's infinitely easier to aim with a mouse, with greater speed and precision, and it wouldn't be a fair competition.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@arunsunk said:

@NoodleFighter:

My guess is that it will probably be either Quantum Break or Tomb Raider that they will announce for PC around Gamescom.

I think the games have to release 1st before the announcement for a PC port so they lock the Xbone sales.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@blessedbyhorus said:

Good thing for us PC gamers...But I'm seeing less and less use for the XBone as news like this continues to pour in.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

I wish MS went fully with PC gaming it just make sense for them to support pc more than anything else

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GarGx1
@Bruin1986 said:
@GarGx1 said:

That is never going to occur.

Cross platform FPS games between a console and a PC would be a joke. It's infinitely easier to aim with a mouse, with greater speed and precision, and it wouldn't be a fair competition.

It really wasn't necessary to explain that but thanks anyway.

The more serious part of my post is that I can't understand MS's lack of commitment to PC gaming, given the money they stand to gain from proper support. They could literally make billions more from the sector of the games industry with larger revenues than console gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

"Xbone"... "M$"

The ignorance... Also it's funny how everyone's always hoping Xbox One exclusives hit their platform.