Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I think there’s a real possibility that Metriod Prime 4 is being saved for next generation Nintendo hardware. And it possibly being a launch game.

I’ve been thinking would this upset a lot of people if they’ve been waiting to play and have to shell out for a new console that will be very difficult to get.

Do you think it it should be cross platform like Twilight Princess or BOTW? Or will it being exclusive help better to make the game an evergreen title that has legs with every new console sale (provided it’s actually good)?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7290 Posts

I think it's possible it's been moved to the next system, but most likely will be cross gen. If rumors are true about it being capable of ray tracing, this would be a good game to showcase that. Build it for Switch, then let the new system's extra power handle lighting.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23931 Posts

It seems very likely Metroid Prime 4 will be on the Switch 2, likely a cross gen game like Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild were.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17822 Posts

I hope they are taking a "build it for the Switch 2 and if we can get it to work on the switch then we will" approach.

I really hope it's not just a Switch game.

In saying that the most important this is it's great. At the end of the day, if Retro nail that then everything else is secondary.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38943 Posts

What? Some of you still thought it's being deveped for a system that can't handle 3d visuals all while having no updates for over half a decade? Funny. The switch is so weak that they're delaying it's games by a whole generation. Hardware doesn't matter they said lmao

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22716 Posts

Would make for a banger to sell switch 2 with...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

Been really looking forward to Metroid Prime 4 ever since it was first officially teased but I’d be totally fine if it were to be exclusive to Nintendo’s next system.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2420 Posts

I will not play Metroid in first-person view. It's wrong.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

It will probably be crossplatform.

360p/30fps on the Switch (480p/30 when docked)

and 720p/60 fps on the new Switch 2 hardware.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59022 Posts

This could change everything.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1866 Posts

It'll likely be cross platform. Though I personally wouldn't care. I've never been into Metroid, if I'm being honest.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56143 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Would make for a banger to sell switch 2 with...

I can see Metroid Prime 4 being a launch title for the next-gen Nintendo console. I'd pre-order in a heartbeat!

@luxuryheart said:

It'll likely be cross platform. Though I personally wouldn't care. I've never been into Metroid, if I'm being honest.

I really hope we're done with cross-gens as it turns out to be the worst thing for developers and not taking advantage what the next-gen console is capable of. Cross-gen is holding back for most developers.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7206 Posts

Metroid as a launch game? So you're saying a franchise that doesn't sell well will be used at launch to sell a brand new Switch? hmm...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

Metroid as a launch game? So you're saying a franchise that doesn't sell well will be used at launch to sell a brand new Switch? hmm...

Since we're at it, lets delays every single Switch title until the Switch 2, and launch em with the Switch 2 to make it look like a massive launch lineup. How pathetic.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: A new Mario game and TotK port will be all we need to launch Switch 2, next Mario Movie, and Mario theme park in Orlando. Nintendo can't be stopped. They gonna force Sony and Xbox to become third party.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: A new Mario game and TotK port will be all we need to launch Switch 2, next Mario Movie, and Mario theme park in Orlando. Nintendo can't be stopped. They gonna force Sony and Xbox to become third party.

When they port totk, don't forget to sell it for $70 of course.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: And rerelease the Collectors for $129, would be amazing, that Collectors is hard to get. Also special Tears of the kingdom Nintendo Super Switch would be killer.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: And rerelease the Collectors for $129, would be amazing, that Collectors is hard to get. Also special Tears of the kingdom Nintendo Super Switch would be killer.

Hope Labo 2.0 is included.

FastNslowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FastNslowww
Member since 2024 • 19 Posts

At this point who gives a crap...Nintendo continue to lie and underdeliver when metroid prime is concerned. I've lost all hope.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

Wish Nintendo stopped torturing their only mature franchise, and sold it to Sony.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3640 Posts

Metroid Prime 4 was a huge reason why I got a Switch Lite about two years ago. It definitely would make to launch on a new Nintendo console especially if it has features that the Switch can't handle.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46351 Posts

Miyamoto keeps cancelling Metroid Prime 4 development because he hates western developers.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34628 Posts

@warm_gun said:

I will not play Metroid in first-person view. It's wrong.

lol. Not if it's fun. Many consider Metroid Prime to be a really good Metroid for a reason. I'd say Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are the best ones.

SM is the perfect 2D Metroid. There are quite a few 2D Metroids, all are inferior to SM.

MP is pretty much the SM of 3D Metroids. MP2: Echoes was good too. MP3 was a bit poop.

That's why I keep my expectations in check with MP4. Hope it's at least good, or better than MP3. Don't like the direction they took with that game. No sense of isolation, which is a crime for a Metroid game. No more switching beams, which just removed the fun combat variation of the prequels. Some weird bloom effect everywhere. Nah man.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1050 Posts

@osan0:

Why? Plenty of first person games could be done on 360 level hardware and still be fantastic. The switch is even more powerful than the 360.

Plus with a user base that large it would be foolish not to make it the primary version and the switch 2 one the spruced up one with extra bells and whistles. Especially since Metroid prime 4 was announced as a switch game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44096 Posts

So what, it's one of the most overrated series ever... Evah!! lol :P

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17822 Posts
@dark_drag765 said:

@osan0:

Why? Plenty of first person games could be done on 360 level hardware and still be fantastic. The switch is even more powerful than the 360.

Plus with a user base that large it would be foolish not to make it the primary version and the switch 2 one the spruced up one with extra bells and whistles. Especially since Metroid prime 4 was announced as a switch game.

They can. However play a 360 game at 360 settings on a big modern screen. It's fugly. No getting around it. The output res from the console is really low and there is only so much tech can do to try and make it look nice on a big high res screen. Not even DLSS is going to save a 720P ish game upscaled to 4K....it's going to be icky. Take a 360 game and play it at 4K native though and it can still look very nice on a big modern screen, as I was reminded of recently when playing Batman Arkham City.

Credit to Retro with what they did for the Metroid Prime Remaster. But the Switch has had it. It's getting to a point now where even I'm getting a bit miffed about playing games on the switch...and i'll happily play 3DS games (just, on a 3DS screen). But playing it on a big screen is becoming problematic. Overly aggressive post process AA in Xenoblade 3 leading to some texture warping artifacts not seen sine the PS1 for example. It's not so bad on the switches screen. But i don't want to play something like Metroid prime or Pikmin 4 or TOTK on the switches screen. I want it on the telly and I want it looking fab. I want the artists at Retro to really be able to strut their stuff.

I have a 43" 4K monitor and the visual output from the Switch is really grating now. Too many hacks to try and squeeze the last few drops out of the system. Too many compromises. I have held off on playing TOTK and Pikmin 4 is also on pause as I wait to be able to play these games even just at a higher resolution on the Switch 2.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

I hope its cross gen...im tired of sinking money into consoles.