Microsoft's own Fallout 76 topped 72k players today... A huge increase... Again!

• 111 results
Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8257 Posts
@TheEroica said:

Anyone else playing 76 currently? I'd link up if so. So far it's been a sp game for me and I haven't chosen to interact... It just hit another day of all time high player stats. Would be a nice surprise to ignore a game for like 5 years only to discover it's not half bad anymore.

I've been thinking about giving it another try.. i started it a long time ago but only barely..

is there crossplay?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22810 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@TheEroica said:

Anyone else playing 76 currently? I'd link up if so. So far it's been a sp game for me and I haven't chosen to interact... It just hit another day of all time high player stats. Would be a nice surprise to ignore a game for like 5 years only to discover it's not half bad anymore.

I've been thinking about giving it another try.. i started it a long time ago but only barely..

is there crossplay?

Can't imagine it would be locked, but not sure... I'd guess everyone is cross playing.

It takes me soooooooo long to decide on perks in these games.... It's torture.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts
@enzyme36 said:

Fallout 76 is better than Fallout 4... but people aren't ready to have this conversation yet.

I am. Fallout 4 sucked.

76 looked laughable when it came. It still looks like it's in alpha, but having a good online community and other quality of life stuff could make it more fun than F4. I think I'd still pick F4 over 76 though. You can mod QoL stuff into it.

@TheEroica said:

It takes me soooooooo long to decide on perks in these games.... It's torture.

Is there no respec?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10631 Posts

@TheEroica said:

https://www.gamesandwich.com/news/fallout-76-steam-player-count-hits-all-time-high/

Greetings Vault Dwellers.... At the time of writing this Fallout 76 has more player interaction than Spider man, Miles Morales, God of War, returnal, days gone and horizon zero dawn combined on steam... Just yesterday it hit almost 40k... An all-time high.

Are we so excited for the TV show that we dare jump into fallout 76? I have to admit I'm intrigued. Probably plays awesome on my steam deck and I never touched the game.

Do you think people will keep playing it?

Should microsoft's own Bethesda studios revisit it and build for a new player base that forgives it's shortcomings?

Have you healed?

Tell us that this is a thread against Sony exclusives without telling us.

🤣🤣🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#55 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69990 Posts

@ermacness said:
@TheEroica said:

https://www.gamesandwich.com/news/fallout-76-steam-player-count-hits-all-time-high/

Greetings Vault Dwellers.... At the time of writing this Fallout 76 has more player interaction than Spider man, Miles Morales, God of War, returnal, days gone and horizon zero dawn combined on steam... Just yesterday it hit almost 40k... An all-time high.

Are we so excited for the TV show that we dare jump into fallout 76? I have to admit I'm intrigued. Probably plays awesome on my steam deck and I never touched the game.

Should microsoft's own Bethesda studios revisit it and build for a new player base that forgives it's shortcomings?

Have you healed?

🤣🤣🤣

The thread mentions only multiplatform games. Why do you think it is attack on Sony exclusives when all the Sony games listed are multiplatform?🤔

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44347 Posts

Been playing this for a few days now and am enjoying it a fair amount. Didn’t play it when it first came out so have no first hand comparison but it feels safe to assume that it has improved significantly from then to now.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

I never really thought the game was all that bad in the pve aspect, but the base building and pvp was a train wreck last time I played. Perhaps I'll go back and give it another chance sometime, but it never seems to hold my interest for very long.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheEroica  Moderator

@Archangel3371 said:

Been playing this for a few days now and am enjoying it a fair amount. Didn’t play it when it first came out so have no first hand comparison but it feels safe to assume that it has improved significantly from then to now.

In the exact same boat. Have been playing it for a few days now and fail to see anything that resembles the complaints levied against the launch game. It actually feels like I've missed a chance to see new places in the fallout world and do new stories and meet new characters. It is also perfectly reasonable that when I jump into mp missions I'm left wanting more but so far, 15 hours into the experience I'm really enjoying it quite a bit. Glad I never played it back in the day.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Archangel3371  Online

@TheEroica: So far I’ve just been playing it solo but with other players in the game world enabled. Been pretty enjoyable just exploring on my own, discovery various locations, and doing a variety of quests. Might delve into more multiplayer stuff later on but for now just kind of doing my own thing, getting better acclimated to the game, and getting better gear.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator

@Archangel3371: definitely... When you're ready to jump in with mp let me know. Wouldn't mind linking up with some folks at my level and exploring.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ermacness
@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:
@TheEroica said:

Have you healed?

🤣🤣🤣

The thread mentions only multiplatform games. Why do you think it is attack on Sony exclusives when all the Sony games listed are multiplatform?🤔

Because those games are Sony games, now they’re no longer PlayStation exclusives but they are Sony game. I’m sure that Fallout 76 also beat out other company branded games, but the only examples shown here are the Sony branded ones. That’s why I believe this is an “silent“ attack on Sony games (not exclusives, I used the wrong term for these games)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:
@TheEroica said:

Have you healed?

🤣🤣🤣

Because those games are Sony games, now they’re no longer PlayStation exclusives but they are Sony game. I’m sure that Fallout 76 also beat out other company branded games, but the only examples shown here are the Sony branded ones. That’s why I believe this is an “silent“ attack on Sony games (not exclusives, I used the wrong term for these games)

An attack? Oh heavens no.... An attack would be saying something disparaging against a Sony game with no factual evidence to back it up. Or just generally being spiteful. I was pointing out, using competing factions of multiplatform publishers, that microsoft's often criticized (for good reason) Fallout 76 is now a different game and its performing better than nearly all of sonys multiplatform games combined.... A system wars thread using facts and never a slice of "attack"

It's not personal you know... Right?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ermacness

@TheEroica said:
@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:
@TheEroica said:

Have you healed?

🤣🤣🤣

An attack? Oh heavens no.... An attack would be saying something disparaging against a Sony game with no factual evidence to back it up. Or just generally being spiteful. I was pointing out, using competing factions of multiplatform publishers, that microsoft's often criticized (for good reason) Fallout 76 is now a different game and its performing better than nearly all of sonys multiplatform games combined.... A system wars thread using facts and never a slice of "attack"

But why only Sony games?

That’s why I said “attack” because it’s only focusing on a particular group even though there’s other branded games that’ll also fit into the group. When the basis of a bashing exclusively targets a particular group, it’s an attack, no matter if it’s based on facts or not.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheEroica  Moderator

@ermacness said:
@TheEroica said:
@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:

🤣🤣🤣

But why only Sony games?

That’s why I said “attack” because it’s only focusing on a particular group even though there’s other branded games that’ll also fit into the group. When the basis of a bashing exclusively targets a particular group, it’s an attack, no matter if it’s based on facts or not.

Not an attack... A point of reference. One could easily pop back and explain Helldivers numbers being dominant to several Microsoft multiplat games. I'm putting a drop of system wars in my game selections as opposed to a handful of random games. Plus... I like comparing... We exist in a hobby where personal bias rules... Which games are popular or successful is determined by each person's own metrics. With that, seeing that currently, fallout 76 is a more engaged with experience than all those games I mentioned combined adds perspective.

I feel like if someone uses the word "attacked" they're taking it personal rather than just discussing it openly.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#66 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69990 Posts

@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:

You use two wrong terms, exclusives and attack.🤷🏽‍♂️

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheEroica  Moderator

72k today! That's a huge jump day over day.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6377 Posts

@upd0g: Are you a new, new guy here or a new old guy here?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69  Edited By KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts
@upd0g said:

Hiya, new guy here.

Can't post images until I have 5 posts but turns out you can compare activity in SteamDB, including aligning by launch dates

https://steamdb.info/charts/?compare=553850,1938090&release

Against even Call of duty (which counts MW2,3 and WZ), Helldivers is doing very well, missing the 500k peak but holding over 400k for a longer period.

As long as HD plateaus around the 100/200k mark I think it will be fine, it is trending slightly above COD in activity from peak onwards.

On topic, something that has not been included in this discussion, Fallout 76 is not only on sale for 80% off, as Davillain indicated, but also currently free, ending in a few days time.

In light of this, not sure how much this increase in activity will actually benefit Bethesda and Microsoft, depend on who sticks around after the promotion.

lol Helldivers is plummeting.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46484 Posts

Hold on now, Helldivers 2 which is being heralded as the saviour of gaming and more specifically live service gaming is being beaten by Fallout 76?

Vault pass Fallout 76?!

Ok I remain confident that calling yourself a live service is a death knell for any game. Who likes having a second job anyway?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

Xbox firing on all cylinders. Just wowzerzzz...

lol :P

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1327 Posts

I still haven't seen a cow thank phil for the free Fallout update that lands on PS5 on the 25th....should have charged the saps £10 just to see the outrage they don't have when Sony charges them for the same stuff..

I wont let anyone criticise you.
I wont let anyone criticise you.

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Upd0g
Member since 2024 • 17 Posts

@kvallyx: Ooh, my first reply.

Anyway yes, Helldivers is indeed below COD now in users. Overly optimistic of me to pit it against three combined COD properties. lesson learned.

Still above any other Major Microsoft IP both currently and in same timeframe that I am aware (in terms of steam users).

Helldivers is declining, no doubt about that. what I am curious about it when it will plateau. I would reserve the term "plummet" for a purely vertical drop to little-to no users. It is a little too soon to judge whether Helldivers decline is natural or a freefall.

*Edited to add chart, since I now have enough posts.

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Upd0g

@R4gn4r0k: Not quite. Helldivers remains more popular than fallout 76 in the same timeframe, but Helldivers at it's lowest player count (around 6:am) was lower than Fallout at it's peak. Kudos to them for that.

*edited to add chart, since I finally have enough posts

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46484 Posts

@upd0g said:

@R4gn4r0k: Not quite. Helldivers remains more popular than fallout 76 in the same timeframe, but Helldivers at it's lowest player count (around 6:am) was lower than Fallout at it's peak. Kudos to them for that.

I love gaming, it can take some truly surprising turns.

Like we get bombarded by live service games now, but in ten years it'll be something entirely different :)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KvallyX  Online

@upd0g said:

@kvallyx: Ooh, my first reply.

Anyway yes, Helldivers is indeed below COD now in users. Overly optimistic of me to pit it against three combined COD properties. lesson learned.

Still above any other Major Microsoft IP both currently and in same timeframe that I am aware (in terms of steam users).

Helldivers is declining, no doubt about that. what I am curious about it when it will plateau. I would reserve the term "plummet" for a purely vertical drop to little-to no users. It is a little to soon to judge whether Helldivers decline is natural or a freefall.

Your first reply with your alt, yes.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SecretPolice

@kvallyx:

Busted!! ;o

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Upd0g

Already achieved 3 Items on my system wars bingo list. This is great.

Just out of curiosity. whos ult do you think I am?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 KvallyX  Online

@SecretPolice said:

@kvallyx:

Busted!! ;o

lol, it's too easy.

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Upd0g

@kvallyx: Anything to say on my actual post? No one knows or cares if I am new or an Ult.
(Well, Mods do, but they can judge for themselves).

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@Pedro said:
@ermacness said:
@TheEroica said:

Have you healed?

🤣🤣🤣

It's all good fun!

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Upd0g

@last_lap: Not sure how I can prove either way.

I have been lurking without an account for some time, following SW for laughs.

Lately I felt it got dull, lots of name calling and deflection but no proper arguments, no one calling out false info.

So I Joined to see if I could shake things up. Will be a light poster (a few posts each day) but will aim to substantiate all my claims and accept mistakes, no denial.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 KvallyX  Online

@Heil68 said:
@Pedro said:

It's all good fun!

I love fun, and I love you!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Heil68

@kvallyx said:
@Heil68 said:
@Pedro said:

It's all good fun!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KvallyX  Online

@Heil68 said:
@kvallyx said:
@Heil68 said:

It's all good fun!

So cute!

@upd0g said:

I don't have any suspects at the moment.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SecretPolice

@kvallyx:

GhostOfGolden? ;o

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Upd0g

Hold up, one final post for today.

I/We've been so focused of Fallout 76 that I did not notice how much Fallout 4 has risen.

Fallout 4 may actually overtake Helldivers!

Helldivers needs a major update to give it a boost, like a new enemy faction.

Fallout 76 looks like it's started to decline again.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39335 Posts
Loading Video...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Heil68

@kvallyx said:
@Heil68 said:
@kvallyx said:
@Heil68 said:

It's all good fun!

So cute!

@upd0g said:

I don't have any suspects at the moment.

lmao..Alts..that so 2007

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6377 Posts

@upd0g: Look I'm gonna come right out and say that I think you're not a 100% new person.

I believe you've been here before and I have a sneaking suspicion who you might be, but I'll have some fun and play along for now.

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Upd0g

@last_lap: Everyone has their ideas, but I know who I am and chose not to try and hide that I do have prior knowledge of SW though browsing. That is what matters most to me. Though it did seem to start the rumour mill.

There are always significantly more views than posts on SW, the most popular recent topic has 525 posts to 7,693 views. I do not see how it is a stretch to understand that there are people who read these forums without posting. I know there are, I was one of them. Shout out to all my fellow lurkers.

Back on topic, Fallout 4 actually over took Helldivers yesterday, Congrats. Fallout 76 however has dropped back down by almost two days worth. I think the nostalgia and TV show hype is starting to wear off. F4 wins the popularity contest handily, yet f76 is the one Bethesda/MS most needs players in to sell microtransactions. I will probably wait a few more days before I revisit so we have a better idea of how things are progressing.

Let's be honest though, the real winners in this fight are not Lems or Cows but Hermits & MCGs, for they get to feast on nostalgia and fight for democracy.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 KvallyX  Online

@last_lap said:

@upd0g: Look I'm gonna come right out and say that I think you're not a 100% new person.

I believe you've been here before and I have a sneaking suspicion who you might be, but I'll have some fun and play along for now.

I wonder if Davillain can see who it is by user map/ip?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 TheEroica  Moderator

@kvallyx said:
@last_lap said:

No alternate account.

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Upd0g

@TheEroica: Thank you, hopefully that puts all this to rest.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KvallyX  Online

@TheEroica said:
@kvallyx said:
@last_lap said:

No alternate account.

There you have it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TheEroica  Moderator

@kvallyx said:
@TheEroica said:
@kvallyx said:
@last_lap said:

No alternate account.

There you have it.

It really just means the ip address doesn't match with an existing account...but there isn't another account attached to UpDog....

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10494 Posts

what's @upd0g?

Upd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Upd0g

Y'know, I was curious why I wasn't enjoying reading SW posts anymore. This experiment has helped me learn why so thank you.

There are no more genuine Cows in System Wars. That is why there are no more interesting arguments, just mockeries thereof. Just Lems dressed as Cows & Sheep doing a terrible job on purpose, hence the "Clown"s like @hardwenzen. Any possible actual counterpoints are glossed over or ignored.

Enjoy your echo chamber, I am sure you have earned it. I will follow @davillain's advice below and stick to general discussion & places that might actually respond with something interesting.

Truly an equal playing field for an argument
Truly an equal playing field for an argument

If any of you Lems believe otherwise, just ask yourself, has any Cow or Sheep lately offered a valid counterpoint? Held an argument in their favour instead of giving up after the first response? done anything that wasn't just a joke? And you will have your answer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

So it’s the fault of Lems for the ruination of System Wars? Interesting. 🤔

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56269 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@kvallyx said:
@last_lap said:

No alternate account.

I can also confirmed this person is indeed new.

I too was a lurker here on Gamespot many years ago in 2011 when I first came here. Didn't make an account till late 2014 so here I am.