No matter how many devs MS acquires, you will never get GoW Ragnarok kind of quality on an Xbox system.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39610 Posts

Do you see this, lems? None of your first party devs have the talent to do what you just saw. No matter how many devs MS acquires, they will never approach this level of artistic awesomness. This right there is the reason to own a PS5. High buget, high graphical fidelity, proper management that doesn't mess everything up, high effort and attention to detail, all the things that's been lacking from the green team.

This is also why Sony doesn't need GP to survive. When their games look this good, people don't think of playing them for "free" on a $10 sub, no. Instead, they have no issues paying full price for a complete, well crafted product.🤷‍♂️It is what it is.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

Thank goodness. This is the 16 installment in the GoW series and the game still plays the same. A 6 hour dad walking simulator. This game looks like GoW DLC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70152 Posts

Yet! We have Jim Ryan crying about COD.😂🤣

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

lol movie games

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 6131 Posts

Yay something new for you to watch on Youtube

No wonder your so excited

But trying to justify pure greed ($70 price tag) is disgraceful. But what do you expect when you do buy or play games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44417 Posts

Forza Horizon 5 and Gears 5 are very good looking games. Forza Motorsport 8 is definitely going to be a great looking game as well. I’m sure Gears 6 will be one too. They’ll have others also.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Thank goodness. This is the 16 installment in the GoW series and the game still plays the same. A 6 hour dad walking simulator. This game looks like GoW DLC.

and how many installments are in Nintendo franchises 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

Yay something new for you to watch on Youtube

No wonder your so excited

But trying to justify pure greed ($70 price tag) is disgraceful. But what do you expect when you do buy or play games.

I will have more hours in this game than you of any titles combined in 2022😊

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58453 Posts

I wouldn't call God of War "quality", just more "high production value".

I mean I could have a gold toilet and people would be like "Wow, that's a fancy toilet" but guess what? Still needs a good plunge every once in a while. It's not a better toilet just because it is made from gold.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3741 Posts

GOW is certainly a looker, but it will be best enjoyed on the ps4, as that's where most people will play it. After that, it will come to the other Microsoft platform, the PC where people will enjoy it there, as well.

Having this ps5, a system that is a complete disaster, has shown me that pc is the way to go this gen. Sorry, but this thread is a huge fail. I'd rather pay double the price of a ps5 for a mid range gaming laptop to access indiepass than pay $70 for the shovelware I saw on today's state of play.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58453 Posts

@zaryia said:

lol movie games

Yeah that's how I feel about it.

Big fish arguing in a small pond.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7006 Posts

Looks amazing to me. Day 1 for sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@tjandmia said:

GOW is certainly a looker, but it will be best enjoyed on the ps4, as that's where most people will play it. After that, it will come to the other Microsoft platform, the PC where people will enjoy it there, as well.

Having this ps5, a system that is a complete disaster, has shown me that pc is the way to go this gen. Sorry, but this thread is a huge fail. I'd rather pay double the price of a ps5 for a mid range gaming laptop to access indiepass than pay $70 for the shovelware I saw on today's state of play.

Makes zero sense. You want to play this game at 1080p, 30fps and medium low visuals in 2022? And IF it comes out on pc, it will be in like five years from now. You gotta be completely insane to wait half a decade to play a fully released title.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tjandmia
@hardwenzen said:
@tjandmia said:

Makes zero sense. You want to play this game at 1080p, 30fps and medium low visuals in 2022? And IF it comes out on pc, it will be in like five years from now. You gotta be completely insane to wait half a decade to play a fully released title.

I meant to type most played on the ps4. I'll play it on the ps4 at upscaled 4k/30. I'm perfectly fine with 30fps. I'm not one of these people who pretends 30 is unplayable.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12350 Posts

It's definitely shaping up to be a GOTY contender.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hardwenzen

@tjandmia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tjandmia said:

I meant to type most played on the ps4. I'll play it on the ps4 at upscaled 4k/30. I'm perfectly fine with 30fps. I'm not one of these people who pretends 30 is unplayable.

Nobody is pretending. It IS unplayable unless you have no other choice, which isn't the case. And i still don't understand what you're trying to say with "I meant to type most played on the ps4".

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20168 Posts

@hardwenzen: More Valkyries! These look a bit more aggressive. Hopefully, they're a bigger part of the story and not just a side quest.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

One of the best franchises EVER. Lems need to stay out of the thread because they have nothing to complete with this for the next two years.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

@hardwenzen: The Xbox had Elden Ring, so I assume you're hyping Ragnorak to be a much better game than Elden Ring?

Okay, official hype from the cows is 10/10 and GOTY. Let's see how it goes.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tjandmia

@hardwenzen said:
@tjandmia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tjandmia said:

Nobody is pretending. It IS unplayable unless you have no other choice, which isn't the case. And i still don't understand what you're trying to say with "I meant to type most played on the ps4".

It will sell more on PS4. That's where people will play it most.

Funny how we've all spent the past 20 years playing consoles that couldn't even do 1080/30 and we loved it, but all of a sudden 1080/30 is unplayable. Just stop. 🤣

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@hardwenzen: More Valkyries! These look a bit more aggressive. Hopefully, they're a bigger part of the story and not just a side quest.

My first playthrough is on God of War difficulty and I sort of stopped playing after trying to beat Hildr. I should make sure I beat all of the valkyries before this one releases.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@tjandmia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tjandmia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@tjandmia said:

It will sell more on PS4. That's where people will play it most.

Funny how we've all spent the past 20 years playing consoles that couldn't even do 1080/30 and we loved it, but all of a sudden 1080/30 is unplayable. Just stop. 🤣

And why should i care where it will sell most? How is this a reason to play the inferior version lul.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@Zero_epyon said:

My first playthrough is on God of War difficulty and I sort of stopped playing after trying to beat Hildr. I should make sure I beat all of the valkyries before this one releases.

Sigrun on max difficulty is oof.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12350 Posts

@Planeforger: GoW went up against RDR2 (97 metacritic) and, still won more GOTY awards.

I don't think it'll match Elden Ring's metacritic score but, the expectation is that this is 100% a GOTY contender and, that it'll contend against *any* game.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tjandmia

@hardwenzen: No one cares whether or not you care where it will sell the most. What a strange thing to ask...

The tattoo of PS4 to PS5 tells us out will l sell more on the PS4 by large margin, and 8 can guarantee you that there won't be a large amount of people pretending it's unplayable on their PS4. 🤣

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

Tbh i didnt see much graphical improvement from gow2018. But gow2018 is already a technical marvel. I havent played any game since Elden Ring and this will be my first one on ps5. Hype!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen

@tjandmia said:

@hardwenzen: No one cares whether or not you care where it will sell the most. What a strange thing to ask...

The tattoo of PS4 to PS5 tells us out will l sell more on the PS4 by large margin, and 8 can guarantee you that there won't be a large amount of people pretending it's unplayable on their PS4. 🤣

Are you trying to make a point or just talking your ass off lol? The only people that are still using their ps4's almost two years after the launch of a ps5 are those who can't buy it, so no shit they will be playing it on the ps4, not like they have any other options. And you keep repeating the fact that more people will be playing it on the ps4 like its supposed to mean something? Like wtf is your point?

Back in 07 more people played Crysis on shit computers that couldn't handle the game at over 20fps. Does that mean that those who could handle it at 50-60fps got inferior version not worth playing because more people are "enjoying" the game at 20fps? You make no sense lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen
@Planeforger said:

@hardwenzen: The Xbox had Elden Ring, so I assume you're hyping Ragnorak to be a much better game than Elden Ring?

ER is third party, but you already knew that, fellow sheep. I am hyping Ragnarok as an 9/10 here, but a 10 is not out of the question. I know the story will be hot, now it just needs a large enemies variety, boss variety and a bunch of different biome so exploring doesn't get old, and if these three are delivered, good chance of a 10/10 here. 92 or 93 on meta.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

GoW Ragnarok looks sick. If I were a Lem, I’d be tweeting Phil asking him to buy Sony 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

GoW Ragnarok looks sick. If I were a Lem, I’d be tweeting Phil asking him to buy Sony 🤣

😆dabear, tdkmillsy and sealionact should all be tweeting right now.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20168 Posts

@hardwenzen: I wouldn’t dare.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13083 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Do you see this, lems? None of your first party devs have the talent to do what you just saw. No matter how many devs MS acquires, they will never approach this level of artistic awesomness. This right there is the reason to own a PS5. High buget, high graphical fidelity, proper management that doesn't mess everything up, high effort and attention to detail, all the things that's been lacking from the green team.

This is also why Sony doesn't need GP to survive. When their games look this good, people don't think of playing them for "free" on a $10 sub, no. Instead, they have no issues paying full price for a complete, well crafted product.🤷‍♂️It is what it is.

Loading Video...

Thank god. Xbox doesn’t need a walking sim.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

It's always funny seeing Sony fannies try to talk about a Sony game but immediately default to talking about Xbox fannies.😂🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

Thank god. Xbox doesn’t need a walking sim.

When they come out of their cocoon, they could try, but we all know how messy the management is at Microsoft, so its more likely than not that the game will be canned before launch.

Just leave big, high end projects to Sony. They know what they're doing.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tjandmia

@hardwenzen: The point is what it's always been. 1080/30 is perfectly playable and normal people don't pretend it's unplayable.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

It's not just that, they are actually a video game company and work with people who create video games. They take their job a little more serious and not a joke cough cyber punk and bf2042. God of war has been around since PS2 days and still they got creative on the PS4 and now PS5 and made a couple more gow games that are different and unique from past gow games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hardwenzen

@tjandmia said:

@hardwenzen: The point is what it's always been. 1080/30 is perfectly playable and normal people don't pretend it's unplayable.

If you're fine with 2013 standards, yes, its playable.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

@Planeforger: GoW went up against RDR2 (97 metacritic) and, still won more GOTY awards.

I don't think it'll match Elden Ring's metacritic score but, the expectation is that this is 100% a GOTY contender and, that it'll contend against *any* game.

It really amazes me people here forget GoW won GOTY 2018 and RDR2 may have been on the rage but GoW was a much better game than RDR2 IMO. ER is indeed a contender for GOTY but Ragnarok from what I seen so far is also GOTY contender. Wouldn't surprise me if GoW can win again at the VGA 2022.

ER on the other hand isn't my GOTY but sitting top 5 for me that is.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8331 Posts

Bayonetta > Dad of War

CaIiber345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CaIiber345
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Planeforger said:

ER is third party, but you already knew that, fellow sheep. I am hyping Ragnarok as an 9/10 here, but a 10 is not out of the question. I know the story will be hot, now it just needs a large enemies variety, boss variety and a bunch of different biome so exploring doesn't get old, and if these three are delivered, good chance of a 10/10 here. 92 or 93 on meta.

I still can’t ever understand caring about the 1-10 system and also Metacritic, unless you need strangers to use numbers to validate your feelings about something. At that point it has nothing to do with a video game’s quality, but instead how you feel about yourself. I’ve enjoyed games that are rated poorly, and I’ve disliked games that are rated highly. I also have loved critical and commercial darlings, and hated clunky stinkers. Someone else‘s numbers don’t endorse or disprove how I feel about it.

As far as biomes to explore, aren’t they reusing the same map from 2018? At least as a base? What’s up with that?

I am a happy PS5 owner, and I was a PS4 gamer last gen. I liked GoW18 despite being very skeptical about it at first. I don’t care for Xbox’s current console and philosophy, and yet I can’t imagine making a topic like this for any other reason than to flame and bait users of a different console brand. Why can’t you just be excited for a game that’s coming out, without resorting to talking crap about another brand? When GoW22 comes out, Phil Spencer will publicly congratulate Sony on the game, public relations move or not. When Forza 8 comes out, Jim Ryan will publicly congratulate Xbox, public relations move or not. Yet Sony fans or Xbox fans or Nintendo fans sit here and point and laugh at the other little plastic boxes and digital fictions. I’m 43 years old, I’ve been gaming for almost 40 of it, and I still don’t get that mindset. Just play games and talk about them casually with others. No one is saving the world with this stuff.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 daredevils2k  Online
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

R.I.P. xbsex it was nice knowing ya

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By daredevils2k  Online

The gaming world is going Crazy over the GOW Rag reveal. While lems are waiting for Starfield to release on 11.11.2028

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

"This is also why Sony doesn't need GP to survive."

Say that again in 5 years 🤣

Trailer looks good, but its still just a 10 hour play it and then uninstall it kind of game. I'll be waiting for a sale, and ill definitely be buying a hard copy so i can resell it afterwards.

Imagine setting $70 of cash on fire in a bin in front of you just for one days worth of playing. Be smarter with your money.

Graphics do look the exact same as the first one too, though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hardwenzen

@theam0g said:

"This is also why Sony doesn't need GP to survive."

Say that again in 5 years 🤣

Trailer looks good, but its still just a 10 hour play it and then uninstall it kind of game. I'll be waiting for a sale, and ill definitely be buying a hard copy so i can resell it afterwards.

Imagine setting $70 of cash on fire in a bin in front of you just for one days worth of playing. Be smarter with your money.

Graphics do look the exact same as the first one too, though.

What are you on about? GoW2018 was like a 20h campaign with a ton of QUALITY side stuff and challenges. This will be much bigger. If you really believe that this is just another 10h campaign, you're being very delusional.

And the thing that has greatly improved visually is the amount of things that's on screen. The geometry detail looks way more complex, but textures wise, it is not a huge jump, no. Probably gonna be similar to Horizon2 vs Horizon1, and that had a noticeable graphical improvement, but not an amazing one. Then again, did gow2018 looked good for 2018 standards? Oh yes it did. Does gow2018 looks good for today standards? Still very solid. So saying that the visuals aren't hugely improved ain't saying much cuz gow2018 looked great to begin with.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@daredevils2k said:

R.I.P. xbsex it was nice knowing ya

You all have been saying that for over a decade now.😂

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By daredevils2k  Online

@mesome713 said:

@zaryia said:

lol movie games

I'm sorry, this isn't Hellblade 2

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Nonstop-Madness said:

RDR 2 won GOTY here and has a 3% higher MetaCritic score. It is a superior game, as the number of GOTY awards never trumped higher MC/GS score here. So basically 2018 GoW wasn't even the best game of that year, I don't know why the dumb cow OP is getting all uppity.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1615 Posts

Lol the bait...

However I will say, the usual criticism of "movie game" and "walking simulator" only come from people who never played the game. I get the system wars aspect, but those are flat out lies and GoW 2018 is a great action RPG game, especially on God of War difficulty.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen

I also gotta say, i think Christopher Judge doing Kratos voice is the best voice for a game character that i've heard. Absolute perfection.