BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#51 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17848 Posts

@ezekiel43: It's a cozy setup now. I have the same situation with my centre channel. I could put it on top of my entertainment unit, but then I would have to mount my TV to the wall to raise it higher. Right now I use the TV stand and the centre of the screen is lined up with my eyes. Due to sitting fairly close to my TV, I can not have both the centre of the screen at eye level and the centre channel at ear level. So, I prioritize the TV height.

Your seating situation is less than ideal to say the least. If I were you, I would invest in a decent chair that will benefit your desk setup and you can roll it to the middle of the room when watching TV.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@BassMan said:

@ezekiel43: It's a cozy setup now. I have the same situation with my centre channel. I could put it on top of my entertainment unit, but then I would have to mount my TV to the wall to raise it higher. Right now I use the TV stand and the centre of the screen is lined up with my eyes. Due to sitting fairly close to my TV, I can not have both the centre of the screen at eye level and the centre channel at ear level. So, I prioritize the TV height.

Your seating situation is less than ideal to say the least. If I were you, I would invest in a decent chair that will benefit your desk setup and you can roll it to the middle of the room when watching TV.

That would be crazy, though, because I'd be sitting way too close to the TV. My head would also be too high (which is why I took the bed frame out). This is okay. Tolerable, I should say. If I have guests, I will swap the bed for the sofa and them put them back after they leave.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I came for some ideas and was not disappointed. Thanks, people!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

New thread? Sure, let's do this again. Specs in the sig.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@AdobeArtist: I love that case! And the N7 decal makes it look extra tough!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

@AdobeArtist: I love that case! And the N7 decal makes it look extra tough!

Oh yes, The Phanteks Evolve X is a beast of a case; tons of fan and water cooling options, including support for 140 mm fans for great airflow, an absolute dream for cable management with loads of routing space in the back, and the storage support - 10 mechanical drives plus 9 SSD's. Though that's 4 HDDs in the basement, the other 6 would have to be in the main space in the way of the intake fans that I should never need to get to. Still doing fine with my 2 HDDs and 1 SSD (boot drive + Adobe Suite).

The built in RGB is pure icing, and the added N7 emblem has boosted gaming performance by 7% ;)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BassMan

@AdobeArtist said:

The built in RGB is pure icing, and the added N7 emblem has boosted gaming performance by 7% ;)

Only 7%? You need a bigger emblem!

Setup looks great as always. :)

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@BassMan said:
@AdobeArtist said:

Only 7%? You need a bigger emblem!

Setup looks great as always. :)

If it was RGB it would be a 10-12% minimum performance boost and a 50% air flow boost for his case because the lights let the air see where it needs to go.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
@AdobeArtist said:

New thread? Sure, let's do this again. Specs in the sig.

Nice. Mass Effect N7 is a win.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Sony 8AF 4k Oled 65 inches.

PS3, PS4, Xbox 1 X and on the shelf below is the Wii U and Switch.

Arcade 1up 50th anniversary edition Marvel Superheroes.

Will be putting up artwork on the walls soon. Heres some games and various parts of my collection.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@r-gamer: Nice setup!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@r-gamer: I’ve got a couple of the Arcade1up cabinets and I really like them. (Golden Tee and TMNT). How is the Marvel one? I’m really thinking about getting it.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By R-Gamer

@goldenelementxl: I love it, It has the Sanwa Joystick because it's the anniversary edition.

I really want the TMNT one but I'm running out of room lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By R-Gamer

@vfighter: Thank you!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@r-gamer: Nice set up :)

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R-Gamer

@davillain-: Thank you!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BassMan

@r-gamer: Nice looking setup. I am curious about your speaker placement though. Those front ceiling speakers are used as the front L and R or Atmos? Not ideal placement for either application.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By R-Gamer

@BassMan: It supports Atmos it's a 5.1 setup. I have two more toward the back and the center speaker is on the tv stand. I wanted inset speakers so it would look clean and I'm going to need the wall space by the TV for the comic art I'm going to hang. But yes ideally I'd want them in the front of the room to the left and right of the TV but the ceiling is to narrow to hang on the walls.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BassMan

@r-gamer said:

@BassMan: It supports Atmos it's a 5.1 setup. I have two more toward the back and the center speaker is on the tv stand. I wanted inset speakers so it would look clean and I'm going to need the wall space by the TV for the comic art I'm going to hang. But yes ideally I'd want them in the front of the room.

Cool, it is a good setup. Just missing a PC hooked up to it. ;)

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 R-Gamer

@BassMan: lol yea I'll see how things go in the future. I use to be really into PC gaming from about 2002 until 2010. So I'll keep an eye on things and see what these next consoles offer.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By R-Gamer

@goldenelementxl: How did you the stadium seating? Did you have someone build the platform or did you do it yourself? I was thinking about doing something like that.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@r-gamer said:

@BassMan: lol yea I'll see how things go in the future. I use to be really into PC gaming from about 2002 until 2010. So I'll keep an eye on things and see what these next consoles offer.

Finally you post your setup...

Its a great game room. I am locked into Sono's which I semi regret since they don't seem to be interested in introducing atmos yet... I'll give them till the end of the year before I sell them and get a atmos setup. Also you can use the ceiling holes to mount atmos speakers and then just put front firing speakers onto speaker mounts either side of the TV... Its what I plan on doing.

As for what the coming consoles have to offer... Unless developer's attitude change towards sacrificing performance for visuals on consoles it will be more or less the same as this generation but with Ray Tracing.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

https://imgur.com/gallery/kPYB6Oj

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

@tomalevine said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/kPYB6Oj

If serious... It's a... Setup?

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

@lundy86_4:

CRT give less input lag... you will never see me change that tv unless it break even then people give crt for free.

I hope next gen lets me convert HDMI to composite signal with a converter box

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lundy86_4

@tomalevine said:

@lundy86_4:

CRT give less input lag... you will never see me change that tv unless it break even then people give crt for free.

More power to you, but that's a disaster lol. I could understand a dedicated CRT for previous gens, but that is a TV I had in my early teens, and it was in my bedroom. Scrap that... My TV was probably in the 15-inch range, with no built-in VCR.

If that's legit... What?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@lundy86_4: Chill with the insults. That’s not cool

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lundy86_4

@goldenelementxl said:

@lundy86_4: Chill with the insults. That’s not cool

Thanks for the input.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#82 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

I'd show mine, but... it's not exactly a "clean" HQ.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

I'd show mine, but... it's not exactly a "clean" HQ.

Neither was mine, bring it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@goldenelementxl: What insults exactly, he's just calling it as he sees it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56273 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@tomalevine said:

@lundy86_4:

More power to you, but that's a disaster lol. I could understand a dedicated CRT for previous gens, but that is a TV I had in my early teens, and it was in my bedroom. Scrap that... My TV was probably in the 15-inch range, with no built-in VCR.

If that's legit... What?

Old saying, "if it works, it ain't stupid" and hey, nobodies perfect🤷‍♂️

Edit: Oh dear, I been meaning to post my set up sometimes. I'll get to it this weekend and I change my whole PC set up again lol.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Some great setups here!

Well I don't have my own home cinema but here's my gaming PC/VR/Music Production centre.

Desktop is a little dated now with an old 5930K processor in it and 16GB ram but it still keeps up OK, especially now I've stuck a new 2070 super in. It's tucked under the desk, you can see the fan controller. ;) Laptop is less exciting but does the trick for some 1080p gaming on the go. It does have an i7 7700HQ, 16GB ram and a GTX960 so it's not a total dog. VR headset is a Rift S. My smaller lower screen is a touch screen (Hanns-G HT225) that I use mostly as a mixer for music production but comes in handy if I want other stuff up when gaming. Main monitor is a 32" 1440p BenQ BL3201PT.

Audio wise I've got a Komplete Audio 2 audio interface with a Pair of Adam A7X monitors. the keyboard is a Komplete Kontrol Mk2 if anyone is vaguely interested in that. ;)

Have a switch and a fairly typical TV and soundbar next door too but I'm sure nobody needs to see that haha.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BassMan

@bulby_g: Nice setup. I am jelly of your ribbon tweeters. :)

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@BassMan: cheers! The speakers are amazing, sound great for games. Shame I don't have a surround setup in some instances but still very happy just with these.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Gotta realign stuff still etc, work away some cables in the back. but was tired after painting the etnire room dark blue and putting that solid piece of wood as table that's 6 meters wide and 2 meters deep.

main game pc is

9900k / 1080ti / 32gb ddr4 3200 / 3,5gb's ssd / with 10tb of harddrive space.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 BassMan

@Gatygun said:

Gotta realign stuff still etc, work away some cables in the back. but was tired after painting the etnire room dark blue and putting that solid piece of wood as table that's 6 meters wide and 2 meters deep.

main game pc is

9900k / 1080t / 32gb ddr4 3200 / 3,5gb's ssd / with 10tb of harddrive space.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

I just upgraded the game room TV to a LG 65" B9 OLED.

Coffee table is in the corner because I got tired of moving it when ever I play a VR game.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

My fiancé forbids that I get a new TV for the office/game room, but here's my setup. It's an old 720p plasma TV by the way! I also noticed that I need to dust the TV stand, so adding that to do after work!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Sweetbackhair said:

My fiancé forbids that I get a new TV for the office/game room, but here's my setup. It's an old 720p plasma TV by the way! I also noticed that I need to dust the TV stand, so adding that to do after work!

Nice collection, you guys have any pets? I ordered my Q9FN without telling my GF, I had told her I would upgrade my TV that particular year (last year). She was a bit mad when I frolicked to our bedroom to tell her what I had just ordered. She stopped being angry when I told her we could get a puppy, I'm really allergic to most things hairy so it was no small promise from me. Eventually I got my new TV and she got a miniature pinscher puppy (which we both paid for), we chose the breed so I wouldn't suffer from my allergy too much and it worked, we can all sleep in the same bed.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96  Edited By Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@Sweetbackhair said:

Nice collection, you guys have any pets? I ordered my Q9FN without telling my GF, I had told her I would upgrade my TV that particular year (last year). She was a bit mad when I frolicked to our bedroom to tell her what I had just ordered. She stopped being angry when I told her we could get a puppy, I'm really allergic to most things hairy so it was no small promise from me. Eventually I got my new TV and she got a miniature pinscher puppy (which we both paid for), we chose the breed so I wouldn't suffer from my allergy too much and it worked, we can all sleep in the same bed.

I did the same exact thing for the 4K TV we have in our bedroom. I just showed up to Best Buy one day, with no intention of buying anything. Left with a TV, and she came home from work that day to it hung on our wall. We do have a dog, and similar story, she won that conversation on whether or not we can get a puppy (I love dogs, just felt like it was too early as we just moved). Once this 720p TV craps the bed, which I think is never, I'll definitely be looking at some new TV's for my systems.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

I don’t really have a gameing set up worthy of any of these as my only system is my Switch Lite and my computer is in the corner of my bedroom .

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#99 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

Okay, so here is one of my set ups for my PC (yeah a laptop). Not the fanciest and it's WIP, but it's the neatest I can get it right now:

AdamK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 AdamK47
Member since 2003 • 1127 Posts

PC Specs:

• Intel Core i7 9900K
  • MSI MEG Z390 ACE
  • 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RBG DDR4