IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1847 Posts

Yes friendos, it's one of those threads when I keep bashing PS brand ¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯ Don't hate the player, hate the game

Thank you a reasonable Canadian scalper that sold me PS5 over Kijiji with just a 90 dollar mark-up. Another reason why Canadian are better than our savage brethren from the USA 😜

So let's start with good stuff:

1. I love the new dualshock controller

Now, the bad stuff:

1. I deleted a wrong user profile by accident because PS UI sucks and doesn't tell you the difference between users out of the box. You can literally see two users with identical names and profile pics when logging in. You need to go deep into the settings to find out they belong to 2 different email accounts.

Well, you might say, just create back the deleted accounts? Right? Oh well, all my local saves are gone. You need to pay a separate subscription PS Plus for cloud saves. Good luck if you didn't use it and were not uploading your saves as a result.

Now all my 150-hour run for Horizon Zero Dawn is gone along with possibilities to play the DLC Frozen Lands or new game plus.

Can I copy saves of a different user? Nop. All saves are encrypted to your user account. And here I thought Sony would be reasonable and bind your saves to local storage rather than the user profile.

Good start 10/10

Let's get back to juicy parts. GRAPHICZ

A small disclaimer.

• I game on my latest RTX3090 build. I am aware i might sound like a privileged brat, but you get accustomed to good stuff quickly ≧◠‿◠≦✌
  • I moved PS5 to my office, where I can game in my gaming chair with my legs up my table. The living room couch started giving me neck/back pain for long gaming sessions.
  • My office has a 12-bit 4k 42-inch 60Hz Monitor, which provides an amazing pic at 4k and 2k resolutions with ultra settings plus an incredible immersion since it takes all my field of view. It also shows all graphical details that you might not notice playing far on your couch. But, it immediately shows all resolution graphical imperfections though since you game up close. Will be important later

1. I turn on Horizon Zero Dawn. The best graphical marvel of PS4. And it looks like ass 🙈 Damn this game looks blurry as hell up close.

• After crispiness of native 4k, looking at upscaled 4k of PS4 Pro is PAINFUL.
  • Low res textures all over the place
  • jaggy character frame
  • The foliage looks like 2d quality.
  • My goodness, the rock textures are so bad
  • I double check the game set at Favoring Resolution, i look back at the game and still looks like ass
  • Don't get me wrong. When you get at high point, the scenery in general looks great, but you get up close and you get back in time to 2010

I do not remember it looked that bad when i was playing it at PS4 on the couch. But I haven't played my PS4 for years. Maybe that's why. I remember my old ass PC with GTX1080 put up a way better picture at 1440p at very high setting on the same monitor, perhaps thanks to antialiasing.

I remembered PS4 PRO was advertised of using 1440p upscaled to 4k, but no way it's an actual 1440p. That quality only happens at 1080p. I have a trained eye of a PC Gamer for that shat.

HOW MANY LIES PS4 Pro fans have being telling us for years of gaming at true 4k on PS4 Pro 😭😭😭

2. Well, it's just a last gen game I think. Let's try Demon Souls. A true ps5 game that should be a true 4k title.

AND...

It doesn't look bad. It actually has a good picture quality up close. Lots of details. I like it.

BUT, i immediately notice it's NOT true native 4k. It's upscaled 2k. I know a true 4k crispiness since i play on my RTX3090. I can tell the difference.

PS5 LOOKS EXACTLY like my old ass GTX1080 build from 6 years ago. EXACTLY. Except it's supposed to be NEXT-GET, TRUE 4K 😂😂😂

I played at 2k upscaled to 4k for years. I can tell the difference from miles away.

I can see the Demon Souls characters and objects are still slightly jagged. Again, consoles can not handle a simplest anti-aliasing.

I check the graphical settings and it's set to Quality. I switch to Performance and Jagginess is increased and textures becomes blurrier. Now it looks worse than my 1080GTX build 😭😭😭

CONCLUSION:

Next gen my ass. I am really disappointed. I expected a true 4k from next gen consoles. But it's just a glorified 2k upscaled, what we PC Gamers enjoyed all last gen. But it's really fun to play with the new dualshock controller. Plus I am looking forward to playing Multiplayer games free of cheaters on my PS5. So in the end, It's all good. I had zero expectations anyway.

PS.

By the way, deleting your user profile on PS it's easier than you think. I was logged in with my user when i wanted to delete another extra user. So, one might think, no way PS UI can allow you to delete your own profile while you still logged in with it, right? Wrong. You can. And my active account was listed in the same user list. I chose the 2nd account, and surprise surprise, that was MY ACCOUNT. PS UI allowed me to delete my account while i was using it. In the end, fun stuff. Would laugh again if it didn't cost me all my saves.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Dunno, I'm playing Gameboy advance right now, so the graphics can't be that bad.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69703 Posts

One of the great conveniences of Xbox is that all games have cloud storage without a paywall. This would have alleviated your first problem if Sony also had free cloud storage for game saves. Your recollection of PS4 games looking great is still correct. If you are gaming on a TV set that is geared towards the PS4 native resolution, you are going to get a great image. However, if you are taking a 1080p and stretching to 4K, it is going to be blurry. You should know this. Otherwise I am confused as to the purpose of having a 3090, a production GPU.

Demon Souls look good, just like Returnal but Sony fannies have been overhyping the graphics. Absolutely nothing shown in these games are beyond last gen capabilities. That doesn't mean they look bad, to the contrary.

With that said, I am surprise that you actually believe that the PS5 is a "true 4K" machine, especially if you own a 3090.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IvanGrozny

@Pedro said:

One of the great conveniences of Xbox is that all games have cloud storage without a paywall. This would have alleviated your first problem if Sony also had free cloud storage for game saves. Your recollection of PS4 games looking great is still correct. If you are gaming on a TV set that is geared towards the PS4 native resolution, you are going to get a great image. However, if you are taking a 1080p and stretching to 4K, it is going to be blurry. You should know this. Otherwise I am confused as to the purpose of having a 3090, a production GPU.

Demon Souls look good, just like Returnal but Sony fannies have been overhyping the graphics. Absolutely nothing shown in these games are beyond last gen capabilities. That doesn't mean they look bad, to the contrary.

With that said, I am surprise that you actually believe that the PS5 is a "true 4K" machine, especially if you own a 3090.

I never said I actually ever believed it was true 4k. I just quoted PS fans and Sony marketing lol.

And I am not sure it's a TV thing. I think it's more an issue of couch distance. If you sit up close like with a regular desktop setup, you would probably have noticed quality decline of the picture even when still using a tv

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IvanGrozny
@R4gn4r0k said:

Dunno, I'm playing Gameboy advance right now, so the graphics can't be that bad.

Gameboy Advance has a nice pixel art quality bro. It still looks great.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

This guy deleted all his saves and blames someone else for it. It'd be like me going into my PC saves deleting them all and going WTH man what happened?

Than hes comparing a GTX 3090 $1500 card to a $400 console. Imagine him trying to build a computer for 400 dollars (Digital PS5) and whining about PS5's graphics he wouldn't whine would he he would shutup real quick wouldn't he?

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

Dumb person does dumb stuff but the problem is with the machine LMAO. What a Trainwreck of a person this user is.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IvanGrozny

@zerothehero said:

This guy deleted all his saves and blames someone else for it. It'd be like me going into my PC saves deleting them all and going WTH man what happened?

Than hes comparing a GTX 3090 $1500 card to a $400 console. Imagine him trying to build a computer for 400 dollars (Digital PS5) and whining about PS5's graphics he wouldn't whine would he he would shutup real quick wouldn't he?

well not 400. 743.80 USD with taxes, shipping and an extra controller 😊 Another 60USD for a yearly cloud save subscription known as Ps Plus. 70USD for one PS5 game. 60 USD for a yearly subscription of Playstation Now.

Total bill:

930USD for a next gen goodiness

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

Horizon is so embarrassing. Just look at it compared to Zelda which was a Wii U game. Cows will buy anything.

https://youtu.be/aVPXKdSEGNQ

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZeroTheHero

@ivangrozny said:
@zerothehero said:

well not 400. 743.80 USD with taxes, shipping and an extra controller 😊 Another 60USD for a yearly cloud save subscriptions known as Ps Plus. 70USD for one PS5 game. 60 USD for a yearly subscription of Playstation Now.

Total bill:

930USD for a next gen goodiness

Total Bill for RTX 3090 since not in stock checking ebay prices = $2300

Two PS5 controllers to go toe to toe with the PS5 which comes with one free PS5 = $140 dollars

GTX 3090 + 2 Dual Sense controllers = $2400

Total Bill

$2400 for just graphics card and two controllers not counting case/cpu/motherboard/mouse/keyboard/powersupply/ram/SSD hard on par with PS5's space and speed/windows 10 pro

PC Total price probably over 6000 dollars.

PS5 digital retail price = 400 dollar bills.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8485 Posts

Wait what! Sony charges for cloud saves?

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@zerothehero: you destroyed him. 😂

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IvanGrozny

@zerothehero: Unlike PS5 you can actually back order RTX3090 for MSRP at 1500USD 😒 And yeah, it's worth it if you game on a 4k big screen monitor.

2399 CAD = 1440USD THAT'S MSRP PRICE

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@pc_rocks said:

Yep!😂

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@Pedro said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yep!😂

And Nintendo.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11617 Posts

Protoss and recloud coping hard.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IvanGrozny

By the way, deleting your user profile on PS it's easier than you think. I was logged in with my user when i wanted to delete another extra user. So, one might think, no way PS UI can allow you to delete your own profile while you still logged in, right? Wrong. You can. And it was listed in the same list. I chose the 2n link, and surprise surprise, that was MY ACCOUNT. PS UI allowed me to delete my account while i was using it. Like WTF. And why it listed my main account as 2nd on the list, when it should be first? ¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Quick before mods come lock this saying that there's already a thread with PS5 in the title!

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Nobody's gonna read that crap, or care about your personal problems.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IvanGrozny

@shadyacshuns said:

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

1. I deleted a wrong user profile by accident

Stopped reading here, your stupidity isn't PS5's fault. User friendliness is important but there are limits too ya know? ;)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@shadyacshuns said:

I read it and before I started I was wondering what graphics card had 10 tflops 6 years ago, then I thought oh yeah right , probably games who aren't ported right to ps5.

But then this dude compares it with a 3090, yeah ok, so , the 3090 is like 2000- 3000 $ depending on when you bought it.

This ain't apples and oranges but melons and nuts

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IvanGrozny

@commander:

I compared PS5 to my GTX1080 card, which was 8.9TF and 650USD on release

PS4 Pro was 500USD and was 8.4TF and could not hold a candle to GTX1080 back then

But please feel free to return with a come-back ≧◠‿◠≦✌

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Nobody wants to see Donald Frump either. What a flop of a thread!

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IvanGrozny

@locopatho said:
@ivangrozny said:

1. I deleted a wrong user profile by accident

Stopped reading here, your stupidity isn't PS5's fault. User friendliness is important but there are limits too ya know? ;)

Well that's problem with kids of Z-gen today. You are like golden fish that can not hold information for over 30 seconds.

If you read further, you would get a clear explanation how I manage to delete my profile. but again, just for you, quoting

By the way, deleting your user profile on PS it's easier than you think. I was logged in with my user when i wanted to delete another extra user. So, one might think, no way PS UI can allow you to delete your own profile while you still logged in, right? Wrong. You can. And it was listed in the same list. I chose the 2n link, and surprise surprise, that was MY ACCOUNT. PS UI allowed me to delete my account while i was using it. Like WTF. And why it listed my main account as 2nd on the list, when it should be first? ¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IvanGrozny

@shadyacshuns said:

Nobody wants to see Donald Frump either. What a flop of a thread!

I like his gifs though. Unlike Hillary Clinton, he didn't "suicide" anyone 😂 But yeah I am a liberal myself

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IvanGrozny

@girlusocrazy said:

So PS5 sucks because your PC looks better than a PS4 Pro and you made mistakes deleting a user?

No. PS5 sucks because it displays the equivalent picture to my 2016 build with GTX1080, in quality mode. What's up with selective reading comprehension today? 😏

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ZeroTheHero

@girlusocrazy said:

So PS5 sucks because your PC looks better than a PS4 Pro and you had an accident deleting a user?

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By IvanGrozny

Anyways guys, I get it, hard-to-swallow truth pills are hard to swallow.

Coping can be hard 😔

My thoughts and prayers are with you PS fans

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IvanGrozny

@girlusocrazy said:
@ivangrozny said:
@girlusocrazy said:

So PS5 sucks because your PC looks better than a PS4 Pro and you made mistakes deleting a user?

No. PS5 sucks because it displays the equivalent picture to my 2016 build with GTX1080, in quality mode. What's up with selective reading comprehension today? 😏

You literally used a game running with PS4 performance restrictions for your comparison

Horizon Zero Dawn was optimized for PS4 Pro dude, offering 4K and performance modes. No excuses here 😋

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45231 Posts

tldr

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IvanGrozny

@girlusocrazy said:

@ivangrozny: Exactly, you're complaining about a PS5 and using PS4 Pro performance as an example

Because PS5 plays PS4 games in PS4 Pro mode? 😕 Plus I also compare quality to Demon Souls, which is a PS5 exclusive. I think i am being quite fair here. Plus i liked the Demon Souls graphical quality. I just noted it's not a true 4k

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

People always want to point ot the cost of the console only comes to console prices. The initial cost of a console IS cheaper, but you're monthly subs to get the all the features pretty much circumvent those savings. Online costs over a 7 year console gen are $420, so with the $500 console with tax you're looking at over 1K for a console, add another $500 if you want the "Pro" model after 4 years. That's the cost of a pre-built PC with a RTX 3060 built in, plus cheaper games and bundles from an open market rather than a closed platform.

PC gaming isn't as out of reach as some people claim it to be when you factor in the cost over a console generation. I know I spent more last gen total on my PS4 than I did on my PC, because you get nickel and dimed more and and have costs that aren't needed on PC.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

I don't mind a good old PS bashing thread, but when it comes from the PC master race, **yawn**. They like to tout graphics but I have a hard time believing they play anything other than isometric RPGs and MOBAs.

But yeah, I agree about the importance of effortless cloud saves, I see it at work on the Xbox, it's been that way since XB1 but people seem to notice it more now.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k  Online

@ivangrozny said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Gameboy Advance has a nice pixel art quality bro. It still looks great.

True, good 2D graphics never age.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k  Online

@lamprey263 said:

I don't mind a good old PS bashing thread, but when it comes from the PC master race, **yawn**. They like to tout graphics but I have a hard time believing they play anything other than isometric RPGs and MOBAs.

But yeah, I agree about the importance of effortless cloud saves, I see it at work on the Xbox, it's been that way since XB1 but people seem to notice it more now.

PC gamers are still playing the original counterstrike:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@lamprey263 said:

PC gamers are still playing the original counterstrike:

Not gonna lie, I went through a year long addiction to this game, which I attribute to one of the two extra years it took me to get through college, the other I blame entirely on Halo.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ivangrozny: Wow, I haven't seen this many goalpost moves (or stupidity) since...well ever. 😂

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

Although I'm primarily a PC gamer, I have to say, this is the dumbest post I have seen in a while (especially given the GPU shortage, very difficult to get a GPU, very easy in my experience on the other hand to get a console). Not only are you blaming the PS5 for your own damn mistake, but you are comparing a 2k card (not even a whole system) against a $400/500 console (an entire system). Just dumb, obviously a 2k GPU (that whole system probably costs 3k, 6x the cost of a console) will perform better. But at $500, the console have excellent performance closely matching systems double their cost.

Seems like the post was just a way to OP to say "hey look at me, I have a 3090"....

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39119 Posts

I read your whole fookin wall, bruh. Kinda proud tbh.

You must be a fake ass hermit if you played Horizon (especially from up close), criticized it a bunch, but said nothing about its shitty anisotropic filtering.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9575 Posts

Says 6 year old PC and then goes on to tout a 3090.. seems legit. I mean.. I can drop a Ferrari engine in a 40 year old Pinto and I bet it would outrun a new Corvette... Not saying that either are that, just saying.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

You wanted it, you got it!! lol :P

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Whatcha playing? advance wars original here right now.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k  Online

@sheevpalpamemes said:

Whatcha playing? advance wars original here right now.

I've actually been switching over a lot since I've had the RG351p for a few days now. Been playing:

• Medal of Honor on PS1
  • Super Mario 64
  • Wario Land 4 on GBA

I was also playing on the original (purple) GBA a few weeks ago. I was playing MOH: Infiltrator, oh man, that game still rocks. And I love how it uses the sounds from other mainline MOH games.

Advance wars is on my 'to play' list too :D

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7201 Posts

@Pedro said:

you got to admit rift apart looks graphically beyond anything from ps4.

its all about the developers not the machines. they can make a good looking game on the switch if they put time and effort into it.

for me its the hdr color that makes the colors pop in these newer games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

you got to admit rift apart looks graphically beyond anything from ps4.

its all about the developers not the machines. they can make a good looking game on the switch if they put time and effort into it.

for me its the hdr color that makes the colors pop in these newer games.

Rift Apart has its moments with exceptional image quality coupled with Ray-tracing but the game is very doable on the PS4.