PS5 to be backwards compatable with most of all PS4 games(Update)

• 97 results
sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@ronvalencia:

Never said that ps5 is not capable of BC.

I said it's a useless feature, since most of us buy new hardware for new experiences, not for softs of previous generations.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 sovkhan

@hardwenzen:

Games were meant to be played that way...Too bad you can't get over it. \\Pc symptoms!!!

Now, you have every right to expect BC on new hardware, I don't.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

Teh cell can't be reprogrammed into the PS5?

R**S3 emulator *exist*. Sony has better access to PS3 hardware documentation.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ronvalencia

@sovkhan said:

@ronvalencia:

I said it's a useless feature, since most of us buy new hardware for new experiences, not for softs of previous generations.

Sony is working on PS4 BC QA testing for PS5.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sovkhan

@BlackShirt20:

As i said BC can be a selling point in the beginning of a gen, and that's all that there is for it.

100 of millions got a ps4 with no BC, so it shows its importance is void.

Now you have every right to expect it from a new hardware, I see it as a useless feature, as i keep my old hardware in perfect conditions.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sovkhan

@ronvalencia said:
@sovkhan said:

@ronvalencia:

Sony is working on PS4 BC QA testing for PS5.

Good, for those for whom this feature matters.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Unless they do extra work on games, I assume the improved resolution and framerate would really just be hitting the limits that are already there on PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@a-new-guardian said:

Yes and so do royalties if they dare emulate PS3 games,if they emulate the RSX calls they have to pay Nvidia,so BC with PS3 games will cost sony money.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Lems trying really hard to get people to go xbox this gen. I barely play any of my ps4 games right now, so I doubt itd bother me if they weren't on ps5. Cool they are though I guess.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Xboxs only good games were from past generations, so its expected lems want full BC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@i_p_daily: I like it, sue me. Imo, there is no better drift racing game in existence - not even the sequels that came after 6.

There's plenty of better drifting games out there, have you not tried Juiced 2? it has the best drifting in a racing game that I've played, even Forza Horizon is better than RR6 when it comes to drifting.

Games where you can change shocks, suspension, ride height etc will always be better games for drifting.

Don't mind me though as i think RR6 is in the top 3 worst racing games of last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts
@r-gamer said:

Most the PS3 games I really enjoyed have been remastered. Theres about 7 games that haven't that I wish would get a remaster.

You're what's wrong with modern day gamers. Just allow BC, and that way devs can't ask good money for slight graphic upgrades they call "remasters"

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22841 Posts

I did x360 as my primary, I did ps4 as my primary, I play mostly switch now... Time to head back to the Xbox for this generation. So far the Xbox seems to be the better console. I have a huge back library of games too!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15961 Posts

As long as I get to play Bloodborne.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@i_p_daily: No I'm not. I love BC and if the PS5 wasn't BC with PS4 I would have gone so far to dump the entire brand next gen.

It is a crucial feature for me especially as games start aging better.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@i_p_daily: As I said... ‘I like it, sue me.’

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Lol ‘most ps4 games’.

You know damn well that one game you love won’t be available and it’ll slowly drive you insane! Unless you’re one of those who only buy the hits - which I would assume is most playstation gamers.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#68 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Yes it will play most PS4 games years down the road. Still no news on PS1-2-3. PS4 is just basic, the fact it cant run all is a big fail. Many old PS fans will not get the console if it cant run classic PS games. Just like some will not get it because exclusives are going PC (God of War looks like the next one). I hope sales are down for being greedy bastards.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

I wonder if the next Nintendo console will be backwards compatible with the NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii/WiiU/Switch? 🤔

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Pffftttt... BC is overrated, I've probably played maybe 10 older gen games this generation on my Xbox, finished maybe 2. Give me new games.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I always say BC for me is useless. I haven’t touch my PS3 for years. Please just focus on making PS5 games better.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

dunno whats the big deal with this BC. i am buying ps5 for next gen game not play last gen games.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:

Yes it will play most PS4 games years down the road. Still no news on PS1-2-3. PS4 is just basic, the fact it cant run all is a big fail. Many old PS fans will not get the console if it cant run classic PS games. Just like some will not get it because exclusives are going PC (God of War looks like the next one). I hope sales are down for being greedy bastards.

lol what are you babbling about?

Stop tying to spread misinformation dude. Sony already clarified that PS5 will play 4000+ PS4 games without any issue and they have already enhanced over 100 of the most played PS4 titles for PS5.

You're just full of lies aren't you?

I suspect that the few games that may not be compatible to PS5 may be some PS4 VR games but we will find out when Sony fully starts their PS5 hype campaign later this year.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 421 Posts

@tormentos said:

""The manufacturer says that it's "already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch"".

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But but but only 100 games. This is what I was telling some here,oh and boosted see .

So keep jumping the guns lemmings.

Cerny was the one who said it though and started all this shit...lmao. He said during his presentation “We recently took a look at the top 100 PlayStation 4 titles as ranked by playtime, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PlayStation 5." - Mark Cerny

It was only 2 days later that Sony had to clarify stating the majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5. Should have just led with this during the presentation.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@boxrekt:

Boxrekt "ps5 will play more than 4000 ps4 games"

Sony "Uh, we only have just over 2500 games on ps4, and we've already admitted that some of those wont work on ps5"

Boxrekt "That's amazing Sony. I love you...ps I love you".

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sealionact

@dagubot: Where are you getting 4000+ games on ps4? Unless you're counting BC, psnow and psvr titles...and even then.

Sonys "clarification" didnt actually change what Cerny said. Nowhere are Sony claiming that the vast majority of ps4 titles will be available AT LAUNCH.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@sealionact: That's Sony's statement on BC. I don't think your source is accurate.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/20/21188585/sony-ps5-backwards-compatibility-ps4-games-support-majority-plus-titles

"Sony has issued an update to clarify its stance on backwards compatibility for the PlayStation 5, saying the upcoming console will support an “overwhelming majority” of the 4,000-plus existing PS4 titles. Prior to the update, Sony’s Mark Cerny, the system architect for the PS5 who detailed its full hardware specifications in a live-streamed presentation on Wednesday, said the console would support “almost all” of the top 100 PS4 titles."

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By sealionact

@fedor: They got to that number by counting a game, and its deluxe edition as 2 games. Even including console bundles as a game. Hit highest price first.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PS4ALLGAMESCATEG/1

A full list of games on wiki comes in at 2514.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11663 Posts

@sealionact: I don't use wiki as a source.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#80 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

If you apply the games filter at the top, the number is 2458.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@sealionact said:

@fedor: They got to that number by counting a game, and its deluxe edition as 2 games. Even including console bundles as a game. Hit highest price first.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PS4ALLGAMESCATEG/1

A full list of games on wiki comes in at 2514.

Nice damage control and meltdown after being owned lol.

Your desperation for Sony to be worse than what they has confirmed they are with PS5 is really pathetic. It's no wonder why the majority of gamers don't want to join your toxic fanbase.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By sealionact

@boxrekt: Lol...I would love to see the amount of stick you would aim at ms if they counted the $200 Assasins Creed Legendary edition as a separate game as all the other Assasins creed editions.

Heck, they're even counting DLC as a game!

Theres 2478 GAMES on ps4 according to Sony on their own store ... so who's damage controlling again?

Oh, and you might need to look up the definition of "meltdown"...because you certainly dont know when to use it....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

console is so behind lmao

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 sealionact

@fedor: Normally not do I....but when Sony count the physical and digital versions of the same game as two games then I definitely cant take their claim serious.

They're even counting DLC as a game.

Hey, I dont deny that ps4 is incredibly well supported but 4500 games is bs.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#85 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26111 Posts

@TheGrat1 said:

I wonder if the next Nintendo console will be backwards compatible with the NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii/WiiU/Switch? 🤔

Not natively. Wii U was backwards compatible with Wii (and technically GCN) because they used the same PowerPC hardware family. Switch cannot run Wii U/Wii/GCN games because it uses Nvidia tech instead, so they would need to do emulation. Same goes with N64, SNES, and NES; the latter two are on Switch via emulation.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 sealionact

@Pedro: You mean on the ps store link? I'm on mobile, that's maybe why that filter doesnt show....but 2458 seems more realistic compared to other sources.

Boxrekt wont like this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro

@sealionact said:

@Pedro: You mean on the ps store link? I'm on mobile, that's maybe why that filter doesnt show....but 2458 seems more realistic compared to other sources.

Boxrekt wont like this.

Yes! The PS Store link. Not sure what it looks like on mobile.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tormentos

@sealionact:

There are games that are never localize,so the whole 4000 come to all those who doesn't come to US or EU.

Probably count different editions which still count as different games,as some are physically different on disc because of the extra things.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tormentos

@dagubot:

No it was people in what part of what you quoted it said we will only have 100 games?

He say we took a look at the top 100 games by playtime and almost all of them would work,that in no part claim only 100 games would work that was assumed by lemmings.

Just like they assumed the PS5 didn't have Hardware ray tracing because Cerny didn't say hardware and MS did.🤷

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sealionact

@tormentos: The 4000 figure is still bogus. The games listed include digital and physical versions that are exactly the same. Sony count that as two games. They also count DLC as a game, even though you obviously cant play a DLC on it's own. Never mind the numerous bundles being counted as separate games because some include certain guns etc...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos

@sealionact:

Dude Sony market is not what you get in US and EU many Japanese games never made it to US,so linking the US market means nothing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@sealionact:

Dude Sony market is not what you get in US and EU many Japanese games never made it to US,so linking the US market means nothing.

It means nothing? It list the games made for the US and EU territories. Geeesh! What's wrong with you and your peeps as of late?

Side note, Xbox website has 1700 games listed. :o

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56285 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I did x360 as my primary, I did ps4 as my primary, I play mostly switch now... Time to head back to the Xbox for this generation. So far the Xbox seems to be the better console. I have a huge back library of games too!

It seems most PS4 gamers are going back to MS starting with XSX.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tormentos

@Pedro said:
@tormentos said:

@sealionact:

It means nothing? It list the games made for the US and EU territories. Geeesh! What's wrong with you and your peeps as of late?

Side note, Xbox website has 1700 games listed. :o

Well when sony claimed 4000 games i am sure they are talking about all markets not just 2.🤷‍♂️

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: The 4000 figure is still bogus. The games listed include digital and physical versions that are exactly the same. Sony count that as two games. They also count DLC as a game, even though you obviously cant play a DLC on it's own. Never mind the numerous bundles being counted as separate games because some include certain guns etc...

Because some people have digital and some have physical,maybe they don't work the same way.

Now the DLC is another 2 cents,but i don't know if there are expansion that can be play on its own,like it was the case with RDR zombie mode or halo odst last gen.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:
@a-new-guardian said:

Yes and so do royalties if they dare emulate PS3 games,if they emulate the RSX calls they have to pay Nvidia,so BC with PS3 games will cost sony money.

Payments to NVIDIA are dependant on NVIDIA's asking price which can be zero or above zero or a deal with a mobile gaming device or other embedded devices such as NVIDIA SoC for Sony UHDTVs.

Sony's UHDTVs have Android and NVIDIA's SoCs are qualified for Andriod.

Nvidia GPU architect has visited Sony HQ.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64711/ps5-patent-teases-ps1-ps2-ps3-ps4-backwards-compatibility/index.html

Sony has PS5 related patent with PS3 BC, hence it's being explored.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ronvalencia
@Willy105 said:
@TheGrat1 said:

Not natively. Wii U was backwards compatible with Wii (and technically GCN) because they used the same PowerPC hardware family. Switch cannot run Wii U/Wii/GCN games because it uses Nvidia tech instead, so they would need to do emulation. Same goes with N64, SNES, and NES; the latter two are on Switch via emulation.

Wii U includes Wii GPU hardware.

The Latte graphics chip contains both a "GX2" GPGPU, which runs Wii U applications, and a "GX" GPU, which enables backward compatibility with Wii games. The GX2, designed by AMD, is based on the Radeon R600/R700 architecture and is clocked at approximately 550 MHz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U

----

RDNA runs GCN wave64 BC mode on the same RDNA's new wave32 hardware.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sealionact

@tormentos: "Because some people have digital and some have physical,maybe they don't work the same way.

Now the DLC is another 2 cents,but i don't know if there are expansion that can be play on its own,like it was the case with RDR zombie mode or halo odst last gen."

Wait, what? Did you just drop the ultimate defence force post in gs history?

The physical and digital versions of a game are the same. Even if the digital version of rdr2 includes dlc not available on physical...its still rdr2. One game, not two.

Wow. Cant believe I have to explain that...

Halo odst and rdr Zombies were full games, not DLC. They were standalone and didnt require Halo 3 or rdr..... DLC doesnt have a playable game...and that is what is on Sonys list. They even count soundtracks as a game, and you are trying to defend this point of view?