AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3235 Posts

The remake looks really great. As a fan of the original RE4 I'm really excited for this remake.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 Mesome713  Online
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

I’m gonna get it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44404 Posts

Looks fantastic! Pre-order confirmed!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59236 Posts

> Shitty QTEs

> Shitty looking stealth

> No funny

> No underskirt panty peeping

Is there any point to playing this game?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39556 Posts

I am edging my body and have no watched it yet😱😱😱

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1181 Posts

Using a knife to block against a chainsaw was ridiculous. Still, it looks like a good time.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Looks sluggish.

AI is terrible, guess they couldn't be bothered to update it.

Game is bad.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44404 Posts

Next year is going to be bonkers for Capcom goodness.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'm a big fan of RE4 and I still think this remake is unwarranted maybe in 7 years but IMO it's way to soon the graphics look nice and stuff but I rather have Capcom make a new IP then remake 4.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hardwenzen

@warmblur said:

I'm a big fan of RE4 and I still think this remake is unwarranted maybe in 7 years but IMO it's way to soon the graphics look nice and stuff but I rather have Capcom make a new IP then remake 4.

But they're not just remaking it, they're changing stuff, that's much more than a simple remake. RE4 came out a long ass time ago, this remake is far from the remakes/remasters cash grabs we've been seeing for years now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@hardwenzen said:
@warmblur said:

But they're not just remaking it, they're changing stuff, that's much more than a simple remake. RE4 came out a long ass time ago, this remake is far from the remakes/remasters cash grabs we've been seeing for years now.

I understand that it's not a 1 to1 remake but RE4 just had a remaster in 2014 not to mention all the other ports it has had. I love RE4 I beat it again like a month ago but still for me I think a remake is unnecessary at this time IMO.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hardwenzen
@warmblur said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warmblur said:

I understand that it's not a 1 to1 remake but RE4 just had a remaster in 2014 not to mention all the other ports it has had. I love RE4 I beat it again like a month ago but still for me I think a remake is unnecessary at this time IMO.

I have the remaster, its unplayble with a controller. Personally can't think of a single game that is worth remaking more than RE4. Not only is it a properly old title, but the damn controls holy shit. If you have completed RE4 a ton, then maybe you've had enough of it, but to those who don't replay it on a semi regular basis, lets just say that it has been long enough to accept a full remake, especially when a bunch of new things are introduced into the game.

But i swear, if they lock the highest difficult behind the limited edition or some kind of mtx, i will rage hard.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

I'll be damned they actually kept the roundhouse kick. The guns look a bit wack in terms of handling, shotguns crowd control comes off nerfed, and I would have liked to seen Leon trip enemies by shooting people in the foot, or shooting items out of people's hands. But if head shot into roundhouse kick is there, then the rest of the foundation of RE4's stellar combat should be there as well. Crouch walking stealth hopefully not being a fucking thing.

The knife having a bar and thus being a resource is a good move. Especially since now it can parry the chainsaw lol, and you can use it to get out of grabs quicker (at a cost), so hooray Cup improved a video game mechanic I guess, fast switching is a nice QOL change in RE4. His movement looks like a mixed bag. Obviously he can move n shoot now and auto vault, but he also moves a bit lumbering compared to RE4.

Probably a good balance change to offset the fact that you can move n shoot now, my money on it is it feels worse than classic RE4.

No faith this game carries over the sheer variety of encounters from RE4, as in all the encounters, but at the least its nice to see a Resi game with a stronger foundation again since the 2Remake. Resi games been mid since.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@hardwenzen said:
@warmblur said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warmblur said:

I have the remaster, its unplayble with a controller. Personally can't think of a single game that is worth remaking more than RE4. Not only is it a properly old title, but the damn controls holy shit. If you have completed RE4 a ton, then maybe you've had enough of it, but to those who don't replay it on a semi regular basis, lets just say that it has been long enough to accept a full remake, especially when a bunch of new things are introduced into the game.

I actually think the remake looks good but you are right I probably replayed 4 so much I burned out on it in alot of ways. As for the controls I played it on the PS2 back in the day and the HD version I played it on the PC with mouse and keyboard. For me personally I never had any issues with the controls but I'm sure they will be more fluid in the remake.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hardwenzen
@warmblur said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warmblur said:
@hardwenzen said:

I actually think the remake looks good but you are right I probably replayed 4 so much I burned out on it in alot of ways. As for the controls I played it on the PS2 back in the day and the HD version I played it on the PC with mouse and keyboard.

And that's why you're fine with them. Back in 05, i played it on a GC, and i don't recall having anything negative to say about the controls, but that's because shit controls were the standard, and we're above that in 2022. With mouse/keyboard i imagine that the controls are good/standard, but try a controller and you will understand how much of a mess it is.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18811 Posts

@mycatismilk said:

Using a knife to block against a chainsaw was ridiculous.

I read this before I actually saw the video 😂

@warmblur said:

but I rather have Capcom make a new IP then remake 4.

When are they going to remake Dino Crisis?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

Looks freaking awesome 👌

Day 1 baby. Day 1 Xbox gamep..urchase. Xbox play anywhere, buy once play anywhere, heck yeah.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Looks freaking awesome 👌

Day 1 baby. Day 1 Xbox gamep..urchase. Xbox play anywhere, buy once play anywhere, heck yeah.

You're supposed to quote me and tell me how i am a RE4 hater. Never forget that.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 767 Posts

Day 1 for Ada :))

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14820 Posts

Looks awesome. Needs more backflips. Hope there's a hard/insane mode immediately available.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25009 Posts

@warmblur said:

Loading Video...

Capcom making New IP. LOL

@uninspiredcup said:

> Shitty QTEs

Is there any point to playing this game?

so basically original RE4.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

I kinda wished Capcom would make more franchises, but part of me is also fine they became the COD RE factory that they are now.

Back in the days I bought a Gamcube to play RE 4, but it at the tailend of the system. Had such a blast.

Always love the intro to RE4:

Leon barges into a house, armed, the guy who lives there just wants to defend himself from trespassers and gets shot by Leon, our hero.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@warmblur: jesus christ, no. The game was outdated already in 2009. I wanted to try it out on PS3 (as I missed out in the PS2 days) and holy **** I gave up after like 2 hours cause of the broken controls.

Not being able to move while you aim? sheesh. The remakae should have arrived 15 years ago.

Resident Evil 4 (apart from older Metal Gear games) is the most 'remakable' game out there.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3098 Posts

At least it's a remake from the PS2 era, and not Fall Guys or something.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34723 Posts

Looks pretty good.

I wonder if they'll add the "Separate Ways" mode with Ada and the Mercenaries mode.

Man, I wish they kept the cheese. No cheese detected. Leon's lines in RE2 also sucked. Why you boring now, Leon?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

I wonder if they'll add the "Separate Ways" mode with Ada and the Mercenaries mode.

Man, I wish they kept the cheese. No cheese detected. Leon's lines in RE2 also sucked. Why you boring now, Leon?

They made him more human instead of sounding like an anime character. Love him in RE2R way more than all previous titles. I hope he is exactly like that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

Im not impressed. looks like action game.

just like original RE4. doesnot looks better than RE2 remake.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

Yeah, RE4 was an action game and this is a remake. Not sure what you expected.

Wasn't not being able to walk and shoot your main problem with RE4? They literally fixed your main problem with it, but now it's not good anyway because it's an action game?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Litchie
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

They made him more human instead of sounding like an anime character. Love him in RE2R way more than all previous titles. I hope he is exactly like that.

Boooooooo.

You don't like laughing?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

Wasn't not being able to walk and shoot your main problem with RE4? They literally fixed your main problem with it, but now it's not good anyway because it's an action game?

yes they improved it. good for them. it looks better than original.

but still underwelmingly compare to callisto protocol which looks and feel horror game. even dead space remake looks better.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

but still underwelmingly compare to callisto protocol which looks and feel horror game. even dead space remake looks better.

So you think it's bad because it's not a horror game? Am I understanding this correctly? Then my question is: Why? RE4 was always an action game. A remake is obviously going to be an action game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@Litchie said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

Boooooooo.

You don't like laughing?

When i hear of DICE or 343i news, yea. Not when i am playing RE.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Looks pretty good.

So you think it's bad because it's not a horror game? Am I understanding this correctly? Then my question is: Why? RE4 was always an action game. A remake is obviously going to be an action game.

It market as horror game but its pure action game.

lot of people consider RE4 to be best horror game when theres no horror at all.

RE4 original was most overrated game of its era, was bad action game.

Alan wake - better game. thus Alan wake 2 will be better.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:

So?

@ghosts4ever said:

So?

That has nothing to do with what I said.

@ghosts4ever said:

How does repeating your usual crap add anything to this conversation?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

So?

@ghosts4ever said:

So?

That has nothing to do with what I said.

@ghosts4ever said:

How does repeating your usual crap add anything to this conversation?

RE4 was action game and even for action it was bad action game. come on.

capcom market it as horror game when even left 4 dead is more horror than this game lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:

RE4 was action game and even for action it was bad action game. come on.

Come on? No, I loved RE4. It was a great game.

@ghosts4ever said:

capcom market it as horror game when even left 4 dead is more horror than this game lol.

So? I still fail to see how that is relevant. You're just talking to yourself while replying to me, and it's weird.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Litchie: people are blinded by nastolgia. RE4 was mediocre when it was release. still is.

there were better third person action games ie Max Payne.

there were better horror games ie FEAR.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:

@Litchie: people are blinded by nastolgia. RE4 was mediocre when it was release. still is.

lol, "nastolgia".

But I loved it when it came, and enjoyed it again two years ago. So no.

@ghosts4ever said:

@Litchie:

there were better third person action games ie Max Payne.

there were better horror games ie FEAR.

Those two games are very different from RE4. You compare MP and RE4 because they're both 3rd person shooters? You compare FEAR and RE4 because both have horror elements? If so, why? Is this going towards some kind of a point?

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2255 Posts

@Litchie: u met ghost before? All he does is spew crap about the 3 games he like and the 3 games he dislikes ( ie worst games ever!)…

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:

I respect your opinion a lot my freind, it's really good.

But they sucked then, and they suck now.

Suppose to replace them with something better, not add to them.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3235 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

According to one of the developers of the RE4 remake, he says that the remake will have less QTEs. I hope that's true. One of changes that I would like to see in the remake is less QTEs.

https://www.eurogamer.net/resident-evil-4-remake-has-barely-any-qtes

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

not impressed with remake either. but still looks better than original. i mean you can shoot while walk.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@AcidTango said:

According to one of the developers of the RE4 remake, he says that the remake will have less QTEs. I hope that's true. One of changes that I would like to see in the remake is less QTEs.

https://www.eurogamer.net/resident-evil-4-remake-has-barely-any-qtes

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Litchie

@djoffer123 said:

@Litchie: u met ghost before? All he does is spew crap about the 3 games he like and the 3 games he dislikes ( ie worst games ever!)…

Yes, but sometimes replying to him like I haven't met him before or like I don't already know exactly what he's going to say, or just questioning his odd irrelevant comments amuses me.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8502 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I kinda wished Capcom would make more franchises, but part of me is also fine they became the COD RE factory that they are now.

Back in the days I bought a Gamcube to play RE 4, but it at the tailend of the system. Had such a blast.

Leon barges into a house, armed, the guy who lives there just wants to defend himself from trespassers and gets shot by Leon, our hero.

Well that's the most American thing you can have in a game centered around rescuing President's daughter.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k

@pc_rocks said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Well that's the most American thing you can have in a game centered around rescuing President's daughter.

I love over-the-top American stuff:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

not impressed with remake either. but still looks better than original. i mean you can shoot while walk.

Nobody cares about Evil Within, very sad.

Play first game, terrible.

Play second, stopped and played Ultimate: Doom instead.

hmartain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hmartain
Member since 2022 • 17 Posts

good seen in this move

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

Honestly ... it doesn't look that bad or at least as bad as i thought it would be ... it actually looks like an upgrade from the original which is nice. Not too sure if that's enouth to justify another buy since i've played way too much RE4 when it first came out, but i'm glad is looking like a better effort than RE3 Remake.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#50 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

Here is a comparison video.

Loading Video...