Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

There's no such thing as "sh1t" art. Some people see value where others don't. And with videogames, there actually IS such thing as a target audience.

Lol, I like that one even more.

The apex of denial, where there isn't even any such a thing as quality. Everything is the same as everything else, it's all garbage, it's all genius, everything is true, nothing is permitted ;)

This takes me back to Wii fans pretending the Conduit was a good game, heh. I do love System Wars :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@locopatho:

CONDUIT IS A GENRE EVOLVING MASTERPIECE AND A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE OF FPS YOU TAKE IT BACK.

lol yeah forgot all about that game

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By locopatho

@ConanTheStoner: Given the quarantine, I was doing some cleaning and re-organising. I found some random ass Wii games I thought were long gone. Not that one (thankfully!) but it reminded me of that era, when any old PS2-level game with a bit of waggle thrown in was hailed as a titan, and you should just ignore all the 5 and 6 review scores (even from Nintendo mags) because one's trash, etc, etc.

I'll repeat, I do love System Wars :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@locopatho:

Ha, yeah good times man.

Maybe if you keep digging, might get lucky and find a copy of that Halo killer Haze. Or the killer app that made sixaxis worthwhile, Lair.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#55 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@locopatho:

Do you laugh at the fact that enjoyment is purely subjective and that our opinions don't resonate with everyone? That one's my personal favorite.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59207 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@vfighter:

"3 was really just a side story and wasn't even the actual sequel,"

-EXACTLY!! I dunno just what the hell people were expecting. Almost every list of complaints (aside from the cut content) falls in line with what RE3 was already like. Sure, they could've done more but it's kinda stupid to complain about it now.

While it's true the original Resident Evil 3 felt expansion pack like, doesn't really mean the remake should be tethered in the same manner.

Hitman: Contacts for example is largely a re-imagining of the very first Hitman 47 game (which was shit and most people won't have played) but ends up being far more than the sum of it's parts and tonally, probably the most unique entry in the series.

The one unique feature of RE3, aside from ammo crafting at the time was it's RPG like decision making that altered events, limited by the tech at the time, but they were like "na, **** that".

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nepu7supastar7

Here's a good portion of the IGN review that might bring back hope for some folks.

"As the credits rolled on Resident Evil 3’s campaign, I immediately started playing it over again. Not because I felt like I missed anything the first time around – I was as fastidious as developer Capcom encouraged me to be – but because my journey through Raccoon City was so consistently packed with tense monster moments and breakneck-paced fun, and it was so challenging throughout its six-odd hours, that I wanted to jump in and do it all over again with sharper skills and knowledge. My undying enthusiasm for it speaks volumes of the polish seen in this remake, and the finesse with which it manages to tread the tightrope between a confident modern horror and a tonal callback to the original Resident Evil trilogy."

Debra001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Debra001
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

As a classic fan, no I don't want this to flop, and yes I think you're both a bad fan and a lame person for wanting that. Other people have already given more than enough reasoning why your idea is bad .

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

It's funny, but out of all the RE games, for some reason RE3 is the one I don't really recall very well. I remember having fun, but it just didn't stick with me. Anyway, I don't care about scores, so I'll pick it up. I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 locopatho

@nepu7supastar7: We can all enjoy whatever we like and of course art is subjective, but yes, I do laugh at people who claim that trash is gold, or as you did, that actually there's not even such a thing as quality and everything (from zero budget shovelware to acclaimed masterpieces) is all the same anyway, if you just wish hard enough.

It's just lolnothingmatters nihilism. Quality is real, it does matter, garbage does deserve to be called out and success does deserve praise.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I actually prefer Voyager over DS9. 🤷🏻‍♂️

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nepu7supastar7

@locopatho:

"I do laugh at people who claim that trash is gold, or as you did, that actually there's not even such a thing as quality and everything (from zero budget shovelware to acclaimed masterpieces) is all the same anyway, if you just wish hard enough."

- I never said that. If that's how you chose to interpret it then that's your business. My main point was that our enjoyment is subjective. We choose what we like and we choose what we think is good and what we think is bad. Yes, quality exists but only to a small extent does that actually affect videogame reviews. Look at the IGN review bit I posted and how much of a full 360 it is compared to the negative reviews. Reviewed by a passionate fan of the classic Resident Evil games too.

You're taking just the negative review(s) into point and claiming that it makes the entire game a fail and that somehow, this will mean that the game WILL be trash to the rest of us. And I'm telling you that it's a very narrow-minded way to look at it. Even your most hated games are considered gold to some people. Just like even the most bizarre and simple work of art can be treasured by someone. It all comes down to the individual. If you're looking for gold, you'll find it. If you're looking for trash, you'll get it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

You idiots give too much faith to journo reviews and have gassed up games far shittier than nemesis probably.

That said I knew the warning signs were there when no ink ribbons difficulty, how little he went to other areas, and that stupid slow mo dodge that insta headshots for you. **** that.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By locopatho
@nepu7supastar7 said:

I never said that.

Yes you did. You said there's no such thing as sh1t art. There is.

@nepu7supastar7 said:

Yes, quality exists

Glad we cleared that up.

@nepu7supastar7 said:

You're taking just the negative review(s) into point and claiming that it makes the entire game a fail and that somehow, this will mean that the game WILL be trash to the rest of us.

I never said anything about this game in particular, I was taking issue with your general claim that a work of art can be "for the fans, not critics". That's nonsense and only ever used as a defense of bad art. "For fans only" is a nice way of saying "this art isn't good, but if you're emotionally invested enough you might not care". And that's fine! But don't pretend that makes it good. I enjoy low budget action movies and generic 80s hair metal, but they aren't good :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 uninspiredcup  Online

@Telekill said:

I actually prefer Voyager over DS9. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Resident Evil 3 is an 80 on Metacritic on the March 30, 2020. https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-3

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Resident evil 3 deserve better reviews but i dont care i cant wait to play it

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

So ... it seems is been faithful to the original RE3 since the original game was vastly inferior to RE2.

i mean all RE3 had was Nemesis which it was ok, the idea was not bad but it all began with Mr. X and of course we all remember that game because of the Jill crush we had at the time ... so yeah, a 6 ??? maybe a bit harsh, but i can see where they are coming from.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

The original was always more action focused in the second act. Not sure what the reviewer is getting at. Many people complained about Mr.X being an annoyance in RE 2 remake. Now people are like not enough nemesis? If done correctly, this could give late game nemesis encounters more impact. Whatever, day one for me!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

Cancelling my preorder 😢😢😢

This sucks.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#71 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

The Polygon review is more accurate: The source material (OG3) really isnt that good to begin with- so what kind of expectations did we really have?

The original Resident Evil 3 really wasnt great. I thought it was very meh. I was excited to see how they would amp this game up for 2020 and it just seems like it is exactly what I thought of the original. "The beginning is cool but Nemesis gets annoying and I dont really like it." That was exactly what I thought of OG3. My only gripe with Remake3 is them cutting the clocktower and park. What are you doing cutting content in a game thats maybe 7 hours at max?

BTW all: It has an 80 meta score. Its not like everyone is shitting on it.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#72 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts
@subspecies said:

It's funny, but out of all the RE games, for some reason RE3 is the one I don't really recall very well. I remember having fun, but it just didn't stick with me. Anyway, I don't care about scores, so I'll pick it up. I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it.

I really did not love the original RE3 as it is. It's not that great. I think people shouldnt be so surprised by the reviews here. OG3 is worse than OG2, so of course the remake of 3 is going to be worse.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

I played the demo, got stuck at the fence and couldn't blast/slash my way out of it. Gave up.

Back to Star Wars TOR MMO i.e. I prefer my chick toon with lightsaber slash and "the Force" ability.

I prefer games that offer dual/multi-paths progression design i.e. puzzle or slash.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

@Shmiity: only reviews that matter here are gamespot reviews. Go to metacritic forums if you like it so much

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@tomalevine: I still can't place my finger on who's alt you are?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 nepu7supastar7

@locopatho:

"I was taking issue with your general claim that a work of art can be "for the fans, not critics". That's nonsense and only ever used as a defense of bad art."

- I also said that in the case for videogames, there is such a thing as a target audience. Which is the case for many bizarre/cheesy/niche titles. I also said that quality has very little relevance to actual game reviews. Most people hate on games just because we personally don't like it. That doesn't actually mean that the game itself is bad quality. Ultimately, we choose what we think is good and bad. And it's practically impossible for us to approach anything in the media without some sort of personal bias. I can give you an anime-style game but you can automatically choose to hate it because you don't like anime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

So ... it seems is been faithful to the original RE3 since the original game was vastly inferior to RE2.

i mean all RE3 had was Nemesis which it was ok, the idea was not bad but it all began with Mr. X and of course we all remember that game because of the Jill crush we had at the time ... so yeah, a 6 ??? maybe a bit harsh, but i can see where they are coming from.

The original RE3 was meh, but atleast Nemesis was awesome. REmake 3s Nemesis is lame as hell. Can't imagine how annoying being dragged around by that tentacle will be after 5 hours. It was annoying as s--- after the second time he did it in the demo

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#78  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

No need for pointless reviews from people who are clueless about gaming. After playing the demo i knew it was a downgrade over RE2. Looks like Capcom are going downhill again after a tiny return to greatness. Next year the new RE game will make many RE fans angry a leaker said... i can sum that up to it not being a survival horror game. Man that RE2 remake was like Capcom opening the door the heaven.. and now its closing. Thinking of canceling my RE3 preorder since its short SP and MP looks crap, i cant even test it beta does not even work lol...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#79 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I know I'm in the minority but after watching some reviews and hearing that Nemesis doesn't chase you through the whole campaign sounds great and makes the campaign more fun and less annoying. But I'm still going to wait for a massive price drop 6 hours for a 60 dollar game hell no and I don't give a shit about the MP.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@uninspiredcup: 😆

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#81 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

how did they screw up this? C'mon

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7248 Posts

ign gave it a 9 so not total flop

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7248 Posts
@pinkribbonscars said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pinkribbonscars said:

Called it. The demo was garbage

hopefully they will soon make first person RE8 following RE7.

enough with remakes.

Mhm, it's one of the few things we can agree on

only if in vr. third person is better because you have more options in movement and to dodge ect. resident evil should always be third person

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

It's like you almost want a game to fail.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Damn, that's a shame. I'm too young for the O.G. Resident Evils (born in '93) and I always thought RE4 was the most overrated game ever. RE5 was my first and only Resident Evil until the RE2 remake of 2019, which I thought was fucking awesome.

IGN gave this a 9, I will buy this once its sub-$20.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@hardwenzen: People said RE2 was an 8 hour campaign but I enjoyed 14 hours of it with Leon and am currently running through it with Claire...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11195 Posts

Just what the hell was cut out of it that people are complaining about? Oh well. I'll get to this one eventually. Just, not now.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts
Loading Video...

I don't know who to listen to. Is the game or bad ffs

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Jim Sterling knows about as much about games as a Reddit poster who types in CAPS.

Publishers bawd and hyperbolic bait reviews are the only thing that's gave him relevance.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I don't know who to listen to. Is the game or bad ffs

The general consensus is that the game is good, it's just not Resident Evil 2 good.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#91  Edited By Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19643 Posts
@vfighter said:

3 was really just a side story and wasn't even the actual sequel, Code Veronica was the true sequel but due to a deal Capcom had with Sony at the time they Sony would get all numbered sequels. So the side story was called RE3, and the true sequel on the Dreamcast didn't have a number attached to it.

This. I didn't think the original RE3 Nemesis was a great game to begin with. It was worse than both RE2 before it and Code Veronica (the true RE3) after it. RE3 was still a very good game, but not great like the other mainline OG RE games (except for RE0, the worst in the mainline OG series). So I'm not surprised the RE3 Nemesis remake isn't getting great reviews, since the original Nemesis wasn't that great to begin with.

TomaLevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TomaLevine
Member since 2019 • 444 Posts

@SOedipus:

I was reading one review that they nerfed the violence

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14817 Posts

@tomalevine said:

@SOedipus:

I was reading one review that they nerfed the violence

Yeah I heard that too. Limbs explode and disappear, instead of wriggling off to the ground (like in RE2).

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jg4xchamp

"the original Resident Evil 3 really wasn't that great"

Says who? Original Resident Evil 2 the sewer sucks and and the labs are a mediocre segment of the game. The game peaks in the police station and becomes less interesting the more action-centric it gets by the tail end.

Nemesis is cobbled together asset reuse, and that's why it gets some shit but it is also a more action focused game,, much like the 2nd half of Resi 2. But unlike Resi 2 it has some added stuff to make the action more satisfying.

-180 degree turns were a button press in 3, not in 2
-two aiming buttons so you could either aim at enemies or aim at environmental hazards
-An added evade that rewards proper timing
-An expanded inventory to compensate for how much you'll be moving through levels and just going through enemies
-Nemesis who was much more interesting than a 2nd playthrough add on that was Mr. X
-You had incentives to go guns out and take him down at times instead of run to get more powerful weapons, unique to Resi 3

And yeah its story gimmick was less interesting for replays than what Resi 2 did, but Nemesis while my least favorite of the PS1 games is far from some dramatic drop off from 2, and you'll find few people here who are a Kamiya shill the way I am. It's a much much much much much much much much much better game than Code Veronica ever is. Because I'd much rather have the linear pathing of Nemesis than the tedious running back n forth in Code Veronica that couldn't hold a candle to the Spencer Mansion and RCPD.

Goes without saying 0 is worse too.......and yeah 6

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 uninspiredcup  Online

@jg4xchamp said:

Says who? Original Resident Evil 2 the sewer sucks and and the labs are a mediocre segment of the game. The game peaks in the police station and becomes less interesting the more action-centric it gets by the tail end.

True, still better than 3. Sum of it's parts.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I think they got greedy and rushed this one after the success of RE2remake. I’m gonna skip this one.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jg4xchamp
@uninspiredcup said:
@jg4xchamp said:

True, still better than 3. Sum of it's parts.

If it's better, it's better by a margin that is respectable, and less the gap between Resident Evil Remake and the rest of its series. I'd say the gap between Resi 2 n 3, is about as big as the gap between 2 and its remake. Which the mouth breathers here I assume think is some massive gulf, but in 2makes's favor.

More than the sum of its parts is for fucking nerds who don't want to talk about the gameplay. I like 2 a bit more, and that's because I think it's actual high of RCPD is stronger than anything you do in 3, but all of 3 never hits the low of the sewer, and is a direct improvement over the lab.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

4chan likes to use the term "soul", which is incredibly cringy and broad and hard to define, which itself can be taken as excusable, but in some cases such as Resident Evil 2, it's true.

On paper, the Remake is undeniably superior, but something is off compared to the OG.

Given the choice that would always come out on top.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jg4xchamp

@uninspiredcup said:

4chan likes to use the term "soul", which is incredibly cringy and broad and hard to define, which itself can be taken as excusable, but in some cases such as Resident Evil 2, it's true.

On paper, the Remake is undeniably superior, but something is off compared to the OG.

Given the choice that would always come out on top.

Still stupid as shit. Soul isn't shit, can't work with it, just an excuse for goobers to go "mah opinion", rather get into the nuts and bolts of the game. Mechanically speaking 2make is more interesting with its damage model n the slight tweaks its made to the RCPD puzzle box. Tho I think that's closer to a push. THe labs are better, but the bosses are actually even more tedious now. Where as they were simple n easy before, they were at least somewhat honest in the OG games, in 2make they are just one massive pushover, where you wait for your turn to do the thing. Mr. X is obviously a huge boon in 2make's favor.

The sewers are somehow, extra bad now.

The real kicker is that OG is a quicker game (of all things), A n B routes are more dramatically different than they are in the remake (in the remake its a retread of A, but with some tweaks, in OG B is an honest to god separate play through from A). Were the game not called RE2's remake, B route would actually be called arranged mode, and the resource management is inherently more interesting in the PS1 games.

Having played both of those games last year that is the thing I would hold against 2. It round off the rough edges, but the rough edges are often not deal breakers to the larger gameplay loop or depth of a game. The actual meat of that survival horror gameplay loop, still better in OG for pretty measurable reasons. Not soul, not spark, not the sum of its parts, but actually because some the new games parts have been defanged in the process.

This is not to say 2 or 2Make aren't legit fucking games, I had a genuine blast with my A to B to B to A runs of both games, but it isn't what REmake is in terms of completely invalidating its source material. And Nemesis is a far better game than its being given credit for right now.

Not sure about the remake tho, that could be ass, the demo is ass.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

@pinkribbonscars: I really didn't like Nemesis that much to begin with ... it is cool at first, but it drags as the game goes on ... was more of an annoyance to me than something really that scary ... i mean RE3 is not bad ... is just not great ... i know it may be an unpopular opinion ... but i think is probably the second worst of the traditional formula only above RE0.