RUMOUR: Microsoft to announce new acquisition at E3.

• 133 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#1 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2021/06/rumour_xbox_might_have_an_acquisition_to_announce_at_e3_2021

Thoughts on who it will be if this is true?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

Hopefully EA or Ubisoft? That’ll piss Sony off!! 😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45320 Posts

Not that long ago, I asked people what was their favorite acquisition. I was met with negative comments about acquisitions and was told why would anyone want companies to be bought out? Now everyone seems to be excited about MS just buying companies lol.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9831 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: The only people who gave negative comments were those whose console wasn’t getting the studios.

Cows moan about “games” for Xbox, then moaned when they made one of the biggest acquisition in gaming history.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: The only people who gave negative comments were those whose console wasn’t getting the studios.

Cows moan about “games” for Xbox, then moaned when they made one of the biggest acquisition in gaming history.

Bethesda games were already on Xbox. Microsoft paid to take them off PS. What gamers wanted to see was for Microsoft to create their own studios and IP. Microsoft brings absolutely nothing to the table to justify the Xbox brands existence.

Sony's IP wouldn't exist without them taking risks and allowing their creators to create. Fallout and Elder Scrolls would continue to be made with or without Microsoft.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39389 Posts

Imagine them acquiring Ubisoft. This would be the largest self ownage ever seen in gaming. I would 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣many times.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70019 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not that long ago, I asked people what was their favorite acquisition. I was met with negative comments about acquisitions and was told why would anyone want companies to be bought out? Now everyone seems to be excited about MS just buying companies lol.

You struggle with the events of reality.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Bethesda games were already on Xbox. Microsoft paid to take them off PS. What gamers wanted to see was for Microsoft to create their own studios and IP. Microsoft brings absolutely nothing to the table to justify the Xbox brands existence.

Sony's IP wouldn't exist without them taking risks and allowing their creators to create. Fallout and Elder Scrolls would continue to be made with or without Microsoft.

Sony purchased many studios and some of them were already on PS. MS has taken more risk with games than Sony. You complained when developers take risks with games like Bleeding Edge and Grounded. What other company could have made the now successful Sea of Thieves which was a major risk that paid off in the long term?

Anyways, nay to more acquisitions. But people want exclusives and want to be forced to buy redundant hardware so....🤷‍♀️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro
@sealionact said:

They moan for everything. Their shtick is Xbox. If you talk about a PS game, its Xbox. If talk about PS hardware, it is Xbox. Everything thing PlayStation, is Xbox on this forum. Sony fans obsession with Xbox would keep Xbox part of the dialogue even when it has no relevance. The same stupidity is popping up in social media. I wouldn't be surprised if there is shift as a result and when the shift occurs they will talking even more about Xbox. 😂🙄

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

Nobody should buy entire publishers. If Sony bought or fused with square Enix or Capcom, that would suck. So I hope this is false.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sealionact said:

you mean like how Sony took Spider-Man off of XBOX consoles??

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44355 Posts

Certainly a possibility but I don’t think that it’ll be any really big studio though.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NathanDrakeSwag

@regnaston said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sealionact said:

Disney owns the Spider-Man IP. They were the ones who approached Sony to make a game with the IP after Activision made shovelware Spidey games for years.

Sony buying Capcom and cancelling Xbox versions of all their games would be a 1:1 comparison.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Yay another MS doesn’t know how to make their owns games, so they just buy another studio thread.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Imagine being so obsessed with xbox not failing you don’t realize it was I who allowed the rebels to know the secret location of the shield generator.

An entire LEGION of my best troops await them.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

If true, I hope it's not another Bethesda sized buyout. They were already huge. Hopefully it's more good but overlooked devs that could finally get a chance to shine with the extra funding. Like how Double Fine didn't have enough money to put boss fights in Psyconauts 2 until MS bought them.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@regnaston said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sealionact said:

Disney owns the Spider-Man IP. They were the ones who approached Sony to make a game with the IP after Activision made shovelware Spidey games for years.

Sony buying Capcom and cancelling Xbox versions of all their games would be a 1:1 comparison.

No, Sony own the media rights to spider-man. That's how they made the last five spider-man films and the venom movie. It's a complicated epic f**k up from marvel. Marvel had to beg Sony to allow them to put Spider-Man in their MCU.

Sony still get royalties from Spider-Man being in the MCU films.

This is Sony's doing. Marvel are about milking the shit out of the MCU right now, so why would they choose to have it exclusive to any console?

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

**** off

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

This thread triggered the Sony fanny to create a response thread. 😂🤣

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HalcyonScarlet
@brimmul777 said:

Hopefully EA or Ubisoft? That’ll piss Sony off!! 😂

Imagine the tears if MS bought Square. XD

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NathanDrakeSwag

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@regnaston said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sealionact said:

No, Sony own the media rights to spider-man. That's how they made the last five spider-man films and the venom movie. It's a complicated epic f**k up from marvel. Marvel had to beg Sony to allow them to put Spider-Man in their MCU.

This is Sony's doing. Marvel are about milking the shit out of the MCU right now, so why would they choose to have it exclusive to any console?

Because they wanted a high quality game that would actually sell. Look at the shitty Avengers game that is on every platform and still sold less than Spider-Man PS4.

The movies have nothing to do with this game being an exclusive. Insomniac were actually the ones who chose to make a Spider-Man game. They had their pick of any Marvel IP and it was going to be a PS exclusive regardless.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/03/13/insomniac-chose-spider-man-ps4-after-being-given-a-choice/

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@regnaston said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Because they wanted a high quality game that would actually sell. Look at the shitty Avengers game that is on every platform and still sold less than Spider-Man PS4.

The movies have nothing to do with this game being an exclusive. Insomniac were actually the ones who chose to make a Spider-Man game. They had their pick of any Marvel IP and it was going to be a PS exclusive regardless.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/03/13/insomniac-chose-spider-man-ps4-after-being-given-a-choice/

Marvel don't care about high quality games, they would have been just as happy if EA made it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7266 Posts

Another aquisition they can't even games out as it stands with 23 studios.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8495 Posts

I wish they buy Activision and Ubisoft and then immediately shuts them down.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts

this one's ours, let's take another

this one's ours, let's take another....

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

They should focus on new ips and releasing games, buying more studios won’t help if games aren’t being produced, they should expend the studios they have now, all MS wants to do now is to create a monopoly which will be bad for gaming, just take a look what is happening in TV streaming services

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@Pedro said:

Stressed out by Sony fannies again? Relax.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@me2002 said:
@Pedro said:

My comments are still stabbing you deep I see. 😂

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Oh for ****'s sake....

Can't say I'm too surprised about these kind of rumours, that's all the big 3 and the major publishers know to do anymore. As much as it pains me to say; this is where we're heading.

And for the usual morons who cheer for this; careful what you wish for.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@lebanese_boy said:

Oh for ****'s sake....

Can't say I'm too surprised about these kind of rumours, that's all the big 3 and the major publishers know to do anymore. As much as it pains me to say; this is where we're heading.

Why what happens if acquisitions happen? I mean new devs will rise up people might leave. Its a circle of life right?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Not really sure why acquisitions are a good thing or something to be excited about. Large publishers gobble up studios, take their IPs and bastardize them as to fit their agenda (say, for example, taking a great singleplayer game series and turning it into an always-online game-as-a-service), and then waste the talent on DLC and junk.

And that's all assuming the studio isn't mothballed or shut down entirely. MS, Sony, EA, Activision, and other major publishers own a lot of properties from developers that no longer exist, doing nothing with them.

Developers outside the realm of big publishing have proven time and time again that you can make great games with a small budget and team that move millions of copies. I just wish large publishers realized this as well and did more than crank out

@SolidGame_basic said:

I still feel that way. The company I worked for was purchased by a large international corporation and I feel we were bought simply so our product's name could be taken internationally while my place of work has been slowly squeezed dry for all its worth. Morale is down, innovation has become stagnant, and we are slowly losing autonomy. I see this happening in all industries, including video game development.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

My uncle that works at Nintendo told me that Microsoft was going to acquire Sony.

THQ would be a cool acquisition to feed Game Pass but wouldn't be significant for an E3 announcement.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Techhog89

@Pedro said:

The fact that you're in favor of consolidation/monopolization makes you a sad, pathetic man. Because that's MS's ultimate goal. Buy so many big studios that PlayStation can't survive and forced to join Xbox, and then use their combined power to squeeze out Nintendo. Then there will only be Game Pass/Xcloud.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts
@sheep99 said:

They should focus on new ips and releasing games, buying more studios won’t help if games aren’t being produced, they should expend the studios they have now, all MS wants to do now is to create a monopoly which will be bad for gaming, just take a look what is happening in TV streaming services

exactly, it is not sustainable.

Eventually we will be left with nothing but publishers owning IP's and no actual development, just a bunch of drones working on the n'th installment of a series or a bunch of never-ending DLC.

Game mills, basically. Not development. Just churning out product.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@techhog89 said:
@Pedro said:

The fact that you're in favor of consolidation/monopolization makes you a sad, pathetic man. Because that's MS's ultimate goal. Buy so many big studios that PlayStation can't survive and forced to join Xbox, and then use their combined power to squeeze out Nintendo. Then there will only be Game Pass/Xcloud.

Point me to where I am in support of the bold? I will wait. 😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

You struggle with the events of reality.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Sony purchased many studios and some of them were already on PS. MS has taken more risk with games than Sony. You complained when developers take risks with games like Bleeding Edge and Grounded. What other company could have made the now successful Sea of Thieves which was a major risk that paid off in the long term?

Anyways, nay to more acquisitions. But people want exclusives and want to be forced to buy redundant hardware so....🤷‍♀️

HE's right I remember that thread...He asked what would be cool and every system wars posters ripped him for it, was right after the insomniac aquisition. Now Lems switched again a hardcore switch.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Oh for ****'s sake....

Why what happens if acquisitions happen? I mean new devs will rise up people might leave. Its a circle of life right?

When the big companies buy the smaller ones and when the giants buy the big ones then all that's eventually left are the giants and the industry will only be theirs. At that point they no longer have the incentive to innovate or to produce quality products to keep making money because you essentially have nowhere left to go to get that kind of product, you have to go through them and they'll know it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

HE's right I remember that thread...He asked what would be cool and every system wars posters ripped him for it, was right after the insomniac aquisition. Now Lems switched again a hardcore switch.

What are you talking about?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@lebanese_boy said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@lebanese_boy said:

Oh for ****'s sake....

When the big companies buy the smaller ones and when the giants buy the big ones then all that's eventually left are the giants and the industry will only be theirs. At that point they no longer have the incentive to innovate or to produce quality products to keep making money because you essentially have nowhere left to go to get that kind of product, you have to go through them and they'll know it.

I see we could see price increases stagnation all types of bad stuff who is hyping these aquisition /looks up

its lems.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Techhog89

@Pedro said:
@techhog89 said:
@Pedro said:

Point me to where I am in support of the bold? I will wait. 😎

You seem to support MS buying big publishers, so...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@techhog89 said:

You seem to support MS buying big publishers, so...

Please find a quote of me stating I am support of MS buying publishers. I will wait or are you done making an ass of yourself?😎

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44628 Posts

Maybe, but I doubt it would be anybody big, hell, they might say who and I might still have to Google them and/or the games they made.

Anyhow, as far as bigger publishers go, Sega would be my top choice, unlikely but they have I feel what MS needs most.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@lamprey263 said:

Maybe, but I doubt it would be anybody big, hell, they might say who and I might still have to Google them and/or the games they made.

Anyhow, as far as bigger publishers go, Sega would be my top choice, unlikely but they have I feel what MS needs most.

What would that be?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Umm... Sony has purchased a lot of studios....

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@Pedro said:
@me2002 said:
@Pedro said:

My comments are still stabbing you deep I see. 😂

I thought you weren't gonna reply to me anymore? Glad to see you still can't let go.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro

@me2002 said:

I thought you weren't gonna reply to me anymore? Glad to see you still can't let go.

Really? Seems like you all just formulate all kinds of stuff when it comes to me. 😂

Oh! This must be related to time another member called you out on your failed comments. 😎

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts
Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

@navyguy21: ?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Square Enix would look nice in MS' purse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-60bf765068a74

They need a big hitter like Capcom anything less won't help em much