Say it isn't so Sony...say it now!

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

http://me.ign.com/en/ps4-ps4/104734/news/report-uncharted-the-remastered-trilogy-listed-for

I hope this was just a mistake or a joke.

Original Story: A Swedish retailer called CeDe has listed Uncharted: The Remastered Trilogy for PS4.

The page has since been taken down, but before then, the product description simply read "Uncharted 1-3 in HD! More information soon!" It listed September 30 as a release date.

An Uncharted trilogy is certainly possible. Developer Naughty Dog ported another PS3 game, The Last of Us, to PS4 last year. And with Uncharted 4 delayed into 2016, there's a nice, Drake-sized gap that needs to be filled.

IGN has reached out to Sony for comment. We'll update you when we hear back.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

This gen will be full of crap like this. We're more in gen 7.5 than 8. The ps5 I guess might have a few new games

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

I'd actually be excited for a remastered re-release of the first three entries in the Uncharted series, because I've played only the second one.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Anyone surprised?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Who didn't see this coming?

People keep buying remasters. The sales justify the development.

There are just too many ports. We are getting flooded.

This gen will probably be known for its remasters.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Hopefully the online will work with this anthology.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I doubt anyone would be surprised if this turns out to be true

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'd get It.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daious

@emil_fontz said:

I'd actually be excited for a remastered re-release of the first three entries in the Uncharted series, because I've played only the second one.

On a side-topic-

Buy a Xeon 5650 or 5660 processor for your computer and overclock it. It will perform close to modern i7s at a fraction of the cost. It would be a huge upgrade for you.

Its like 70 bucks too because the market is flooded with them because no one uses the 1366 socket anymore.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

These games don't even need it, all of them came out last gen for crying out loud, a gen which mind you is still more active and populated than the current... At least Microsoft had the justification with Halo 2 Anniversary as it's two gens old, but this? Come on, this is getting ridiculous...

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chikenfriedrice

@nyadc said:

These games don't even need it, all of them came out last gen for crying out loud, a gen which mind you is still more active and populated than the current... At least Microsoft had the justification with Halo 2 Anniversary as it's two gens old, but this? Come on, this is getting ridiculous...

I approve this message

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Though the PS4 should be backward compatible to play these games to begin with imo, I am ok if they release a remaster that includes ALL three games for the price of one..

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Do you really think Sony is gonna stop the Remaster train? Last of Us sold over 2 million copies by just being ported to the PS4 with slight touch ups.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NyaDC
@sSubZerOo said:

Though the PS4 should be backward compatible to play these games to begin with imo, I am ok if they release a remaster that includes ALL three games for the price of one..

Aren't they putting these games on PlayStation Now as well? Tripple dipping? Is that a thing now?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daious
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Aren't they putting these games on PlayStation Now as well? Tripple dipping? Is that a thing now?

To be fair PSNOW is launching on blu-ray players, samsung devices, and sony devices.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Daious
@magicalclick said:

At least it doesn't have MP to flop @.@

I think UC1 was the only one without multiplayer but I may be wrong. Its been awhile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

To be fair PSNOW is launching on blu-ray players, samsung devices, and sony devices.

Honestly they are going to have to work real hard if they wish to compete against Nvidia in that field.. Nvidia's streaming technology and streaming service is looking crazy good.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NyaDC
@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Well still, I mean, really?

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@ominous_titan said:

This gen will be full of crap like this. We're more in gen 7.5 than 8. The ps5 I guess might have a few new games

QFT. PC for the win this gen...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shewgenja

ITT:

Op is mad that all those 360-PS4 converts get to play Uncharted while he's stuck waiting for a Gears of War release date to hype.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NyaDC

@Shewgenja said:

ITT:

Op is mad that all those 360-PS4 converts get to play Uncharted while he's stuck waiting for a Gears of War release date to hype.

Ugh yeah.... Pretty sure that's not the reason...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The usual "sky is falling attitude". Remasters (obviously) aren't meant for gamers who already played the games. Just ignore them if you already played them, jeez. It's not like A team developers stop making new games to focus on ports. Ports are done by other random teams, and guess what? Actually make money for more new games!

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Daious
@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Honestly they are going to have to work real hard if they wish to compete against Nvidia in that field.. Nvidia's streaming technology and streaming service is looking crazy good.

I am actually rather against NVIDIA's streaming device because of the price range of 250 dollars.

Sony just bought onlive and seems to be integrating that in. I mean a 50-100 dollar device that can stream ps4/pc games looks more appealing.

Steam has a device that allows streaming of your computer to your TV. I think the launch price of that is 50 dollars.

I would be all for nvidia's device if it was cheaper. The specs of the device just doesn't warrant the price-tag.

I think it is a wait and see game. I am not jumping on the streaming bandwagon yet. Everyone is going to have to fight to woo me over.

Plus the internet in the USA is awful.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59d151f079814

@daious said:
@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

I am actually rather against NVIDIA's streaming device because of the price range of 250 dollars.

Sony just bought onlive and seems to be integrating that in. I mean a 50-100 dollar device that can stream ps4/pc games looks more appealing to me.

Steam has a device that allows streaming of your computer to your TV. I think the launch price of that is 50 dollars.

I would be all for nvidia's device if it was cheaper.

The thing is this.. The home console version is crazy powerful to the point we have video of the system able to handle things like Crysis 3 with it's hardware local hardware.. Furthermore it isn't just the home console, the shield and the shield tablet are both VERY good.. There are videos on youtube where we have people streaming their game through the shield 100 miles away over a 4g network with little to no lag... Steams streaming system is not to that point yet.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Not my kind of games. But why the butthurt? If I were interested in the next uncharted but didn't play these last gen (perhaps had 360, were too young, had other interests) I'd see this as a nice deal...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

ITT:

Still waiting for that apology super cow?

I see you're condoning this remaster gen. Pathetic just plain pathetic.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

Heresy.
Heresy.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

At least it's the trilogy and not just one game.....,right Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#32 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I'd definitely buy it

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

This would explain the Uncharted 4 delay perfectly. Don't release a new game until the old ones have been milked. MS done it with MCC and now Sony will do it with their premier franchise as well.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Emil_Fontz

@daious said:

@emil_fontz said:

On a side-topic-

Buy a Xeon 5650 or 5660 processor for your computer and overclock it. It will perform close to modern i7s at a fraction of the cost. It would be a huge upgrade for you.

Its like 70 bucks too because the market is flooded with them because no one uses the 1366 socket anymore.

I know that my processor is a bit old at this point in time, but it's yet to show it's age; I don't have any issues running games. Also, I read that Xeons can't be overclocked or can't be overclocked well.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Daious

@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Sony just bought onlive and seems to be integrating that in. I mean a 50-100 dollar device that can stream ps4/pc games looks more appealing to me.

The thing is this.. The home console version is crazy powerful to the point we have video of the system able to handle things like Crysis 3 with it's hardware local hardware.. Furthermore it isn't just the home console, the shield and the shield tablet are both VERY good.. There are videos on youtube where we have people streaming their game through the shield 100 miles away over a 4g network with little to no lag... Steams streaming system is not to that point yet.

In the end, streaming bottleneck is on internet speed. I just wish USA internet didn't completely suck.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@locopatho said:

The usual "sky is falling attitude". Remasters (obviously) aren't meant for gamers who already played the games. Just ignore them if you already played them, jeez. It's not like A team developers stop making new games to focus on ports. Ports are done by other random teams, and guess what? Actually make money for more new games!

This is what I absolutely do not get. I stopped playing Uncharted 1 because frankly I got bored. I never got to 2 and 3 but with a trilogy on PS4 I would be very tempted specially 1080p versions and all on one disc. How anyone sees this as 'bad' is a complete mystery to me. Are they aware of the fact they don't have to buy the fucking thing if they don't want it?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja said:

ITT:

Still waiting for that apology super cow?

I see you're condoning this remaster gen. Pathetic just plain pathetic.

I've been calling it L-O-N-G before ya'll started this dipshit tactic of complaining about it despite what you may or may not think about me.

Back when the WiiU launched flat and articles were blanketing the blogs about Android/iPad gaming blotting out the sun for consoles I was saying that when Generation 8 takes off, the publishers and developers will not be ready for it. Sure enough, that is precisely what happened. Hell, EA even started a mobile gaming division to hedge their bets against Gen8 and whored out Titanfall for a whole lot less than it would be worth were it to have sold on the PS4 as well because exclusivity rights were looked at as small-ball in the industry.

I have been calling it time and time again for anyone who would listen. Now PS4 is the benefactor of being able to repackage Gen7 hits to get their veritable army of first party developers behind a PS4 dev-kit and on the ball for the years ahead. If that means making coin in the process, hey, you don't exactly see MS shying away from repackaging Halo do you? It's good business. Stay mad.

PS. The whole generation is not directed by the first year or two of release schedules. Are you even a gamer? This shouldn't be new to you.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44634 Posts

People are bound to buy it, a new game is already in the works, why not?

I mean, I realize this is probably fake, but still, people love to explode at remasters and that's getting more tiring to me than the idea of remasters themselves.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Eh.... I love me some Uncharted and I love all three games along with their multiplayers, but... I dont feel like buying them all again, having to Platinum them again, and and restarting everything on the multiplayer. I've played so much of those game, I know that I've at least played through each ones story mode 8-10 times. I know everything about it and can recite you the dialogues. Uncharted 2-3 are still too fresh in my memory.

I still play Uncharted 3 online cuz it still a very active community and still tons of fun, but Im not about to restart 4 years of progress again on the PS4.

TLoU Remastered pissed me off for not letting us transfer our multiplayer progress, but at least that was only one year worth (but to this day I havent caught up to where I was in the PS3 version, so it really annoying).

Of course Ill pick up this Collection but Im not all that eager to do so even tho I love Uncharted.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Daious

@emil_fontz said:

@daious said:

@emil_fontz said:

On a side-topic-

I know that my processor is a bit old at this point in time, but it's yet to show it's age; I don't have any issues running games. Also, I read that Xeons can't be overclocked or can't be overclocked well.

Not the ones in the lga 1366 (x58) socket (the ones after that socket is a completely different story). Those xeons overclock like a champ.

You can check out this thread-http://www.overclock.net/t/1461359/official-xeon-x5660-x58-review-discussion-and-xeon-l5639-benchmarks-inside/3040#post_23535839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@daious said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

In the end, streaming bottleneck is on internet speed. I just wish USA internet didn't completely suck.

Yes.. And no.. Nvidia's rendering algorithm appears to be way ahead all the other streaming services in responsiveness and demand.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shewgenja

@Nengo_Flow said:

Eh.... I love me some Uncharted and I love all three games along with their multiplayers, but... I dont feel like buying them all again, having to Platinum them again, and and restarting everything on the multiplayer. I've played so much of those game, I know that I've at least played through each ones story mode 8-10 times. I know everything about it and can recite you the dialogues. Uncharted 2-3 are still too fresh in my memory.

I still play Uncharted 3 online cuz it still a very active community and still tons of fun, but Im not about to restart 4 years of progress again on the PS4.

TLoU Remastered pissed me off for not letting us transfer our multiplayer progress, but at least that was only one year worth (but to this day I havent caught up to where I was in the PS3 version, so it really annoying).

Of course Ill pick up this Collection but Im not all that eager to do so even tho I love Uncharted.

What if your stats and everything carried over like GTAV did?

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja: I own3d a PS3 and played all the UC games and I also have a PS4....wrong as usual moogenja :)

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Emil_Fontz

@daious said:

@emil_fontz said:

@daious said:

@emil_fontz said:

On a side-topic-

Not the ones in the lga 1366 (x58) socket (the ones after that socket is a completely different story). Those xeons overclock like a champ.

You can check out this thread- http://www.overclock.net/t/1461359/lightbox/post/23535839/id/2352762

I'll check out the link and get back to you.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja: I own3d a PS3 and played all the UC games and I also have a PS4....wrong as usual moogenja :)

That means nothing at all. I could get a Bone overnighted to me and that wouldn't even break the 10% mark on one of my credit cards. I'd still hate the machine, though. It's fundamentally flawed. You wouldn't call me a Lem, either. So, let's not skirt the issues here.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Not sure if this is something I'd get. I loved the original but never finished UC2 and didn't even play UC3.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Daious
@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:

@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@sSubZerOo said:

@daious said:
@nyadc said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Yes.. And no.. Nvidia's rendering algorithm appears to be way ahead all the other streaming services in responsiveness and demand.

It is still bottlenecked by internet speed.

I had one of the handheld shields. Not the tablet but the one that was a controller hybrid. It was completely dependent on how fast the internet speed of my PC was. Unlike grid streaming, its your computer streaming.

The only reason I had the device was because it just happened to work on a buy one get one PC accessory free sale on black friday (which was completely a price mistake).

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

so crappy UC gets a trilogy but god of war only gets a 1 game remake. SMH

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

To be fair this was expected since UC4 was delay and if this is true, then this is just to make up for the delay but let's be serious, some of us wanted this anyways and an Uncharted Trilogy is what I'm looking forward. You know, ND could put up UC4 MP Beta, like they did for UC3 Beta back then.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Daious
@emil_fontz said:

@daious said:

@emil_fontz said:

@daious said:

@emil_fontz said:

On a side-topic-

You can check out this thread- http://www.overclock.net/t/1461359/lightbox/post/23535839/id/2352762

I'll check out the link and get back to you.

I meant to link the thread and not the image. My apologies.

If you ever need an upgrade in the future, it will do wonders.