deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Remember Me 2013 shitty name for a awesome game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

The order 1886.

in what sense would you say its underrated? i think it's very much deserving of the criticism it got. there's brief flashes of a good game in there, but it has many notable issues that drag it down to around the 5/10 mark (for me, obvs)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

Factorio. Has a devoted following and has sold (iirc) millions of copies, but no one seems to have reviewed it or spoken of it or heard of it.

Phoenix Point. Did you like the new XCOM games? Well, this is more XCOM. Same developers or rather I think a couple of the leads from Firaxis that split off and then made this game. It's a little rough but I think overall it scratches that same itch and the alien-chthonic art style is really great.

The Endless series of games (Dungeon, Space, Legend). I love games that are different but have a unified theme, take place in the same universe. These series of games are well-reviewed but don't seem very popular. I Could be wrong, no one discusses though.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Galak-Z will always be my default answer for this one.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts
@Macutchi said:
@robert_sparkes said:

The order 1886.

in what sense would you say its underrated? i think it's very much deserving of the criticism it got. there's brief flashes of a good game in there, but it has many notable issues that drag it down to around the 5/10 mark (for me, obvs)

It's underrated by Sony because they don't want to bring it over to PC.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

I'd say Vermintide 2 is underrated. I hear very little talk about that game despite being the best L4D clone. Maybe not "severely" underrated, but it should definitely be more popular than it is.

Hunt: Showdown.
Very cool multi-player concept, coupled with amazing graphics, great level design, the best sound design in a videogame ever, amazing feeling weapons. It's the game everyone should be playing instead of Apex, Fortnite, PUBG, CoD: Warzone, etc.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17848 Posts
@Litchie said:

I'd say Vermintide 2 is underrated. I hear very little talk about that game despite being the best L4D clone. Maybe not "severely" underrated, but it should definitely be more popular than it is.

Very cool multi-player concept, coupled with amazing graphics, great level design, the best sound design in a videogame ever, amazing feeling weapons. It's the game everyone should be playing instead of Apex, Fortnite, PUBG, CoD: Warzone, etc.

By your list, it seems that you like repetitive games where you are just experiencing the same content over and over. Both those games have good fundamentals, but they get old quick.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10500 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Macutchi said:

It's underrated by Sony because they don't want to bring it over to PC.

that's because they've accurately rated it

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

The SW game. GS scored it 2/10 lems. ;o

Should be rated 8/10 cows. lol :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46487 Posts

@Macutchi said:

that's because they've accurately rated it

Oh you >:(

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts
  • Metro series - one of the best trilogy of all time. mainstream media not give it much praise.
  • Far Cry 2 - was hated when it was released. but it was one of the best 7th gen FPS. and still best open world game of all time.
  • XIII - it was fun spy shooter with comic book style. not have any high rating.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Litchie
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

By your list, it seems that you like repetitive games where you are just experiencing the same content over and over. Both those games have good fundamentals, but they get old quick.

Ok. And the other similar, more popular games don't? Or what's your point?

I don't get bored of Vermintide 2 as fast I do with Back 4 Blood, World War Z, or whatever. I also don't get bored of Hunt as fast as PUBG. Because they're way the **** better games that deserves the attention the other games gets. Hence, "underrated".

Also, in Hunt's case, there's really no other game that does what it does. The closest thing I've seen is Tarkov, and that seems much less accessible and less arcadey. Not my cup of tea. Hunt made me want more games like it.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2085 Posts

Phantom Crash back on the OG xbox, was like a bargain bin type game but everyone I know who's played it had hours of fun with it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BassMan

@Litchie: Those games are like grinding a Strike in Destiny. It is the same shit over and over again. I get bored real quick. Give me some new content, new objectives/missions, environments to explore, etc.. After a few hours of Hunt: Showdown, I already had enough. Search for monster clues, fight the same monsters again and again, extract. Cool the first few times, but then I want to move on to new stuff. I don't give a shit about progression or grinding for loot. So, once I have exhausted the content, it is time to move on. Most live service games are repetitive, shallow and lame.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Litchie

@BassMan said:

@Litchie: Those games are like grinding a Strike in Destiny. It is the same shit over and over again. I get bored real quick. Give me some new content, new objectives/missions, etc.. After a few hours of Hunt: Showdown, I already had enough. Search for monster clues, fight the same monsters again and again, extract. Cool the first few times, but then I want to move on to new stuff. I don't give a shit about progression or grinding for loot. So, once I have exhausted the content, it is time to move on. Most live service games are pretty shallow snd lame.

I guess, but with the exception of being much better than Destiny.

Some games have good enough gameplay to continue being fun. Look at arena shooters and how simple games like Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament are. Those sure as hell didn't get old fast to me. Remember BF when it wasn't CoD? That shit never got old. Freaking Monster Hunter where you kill the same monster a hundred times doesn't get old to me, and it's all thanks to the gameplay.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BassMan

@Litchie: Competitive MP shooters keep you engaged because of the dynamic PVP nature of them. Each match plays differently because of varied opponents, strategies, momentum swings, etc.. They are not designed around repeating objectives, scripted AI encounters and boss fights like Hunt, L4D, Vermintide, etc.. These games take traditional single player elements and want you to do them over and over again in a MP environment. It doesn't work well IMO. I don't like repeating the same content over and over.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59177 Posts

Most of Shiny's catalogue.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44355 Posts

God Hand

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Litchie

@BassMan: Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BassMan

@Litchie:

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@Litchie said:

both good choices.

V2 is easily the best L4D-style co-op game outside of L4D and I'd argue its actually better if you just want co-op and don't care about versus.

yet I have friends I tell this who were disappointed in Back4Blood, they don't want to play it because its "Warhammer"/not high profile enough or some nonsense

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 with_teeth26
@BassMan said:

@Litchie: Those games are like grinding a Strike in Destiny. It is the same shit over and over again. I get bored real quick. Give me some new content, new objectives/missions, environments to explore, etc.. After a few hours of Hunt: Showdown, I already had enough. Search for monster clues, fight the same monsters again and again, extract. Cool the first few times, but then I want to move on to new stuff. I don't give a shit about progression or grinding for loot. So, once I have exhausted the content, it is time to move on. Most live service games are repetitive, shallow and lame.

you played Hunt Showdown wrong bassman. the trick to making it fun is to hunt other players. the PvE elements are just an interesting twist on PvP encounters. Stalk players, wait for them to kill the moster or ambush them WHILE they are fighting it and then extract lol.

then its more comparable to playing BF maps over and over again since dealing with other players makes it dynamic.

Granted, I didn't put huge hours into the game either, but certainly got my monies worth and then some and had some really memorable experience fighting other players.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16577 Posts

Halo infinite. It's such a fantastic game, it deserves far more praise.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BassMan

@with_teeth26: We had some encounters with other players, but owned them for the most part. Maybe they just sucked, but the encounters certainly didn't motivate me to keep playing. Rather play a pure competitive game like BF.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39388 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Halo infinite. It's such a fantastic game, it deserves far more praise.

I see you want to be a comedian. Not bad for your first joke.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39388 Posts

Dark Souls 2. While playing it, and seeing all the complaints, i really thought people were trolling it because Dark Souls as a series was becoming more n more popular, and that didn't stick well with some. I loved the game. Inferior to all other soulsborn titles from Godsoft, but i would still give it a solid 8.5 (especially with dlc's included) and liked it more than the likes of Nioh and Nioh 2.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:
  • Metro series - one of the best trilogy of all time. mainstream media not give it much praise.

Ugh.

Alright, the first two games were okay, but once it went open world with the third, they dropped the ball. They tried to retain the linear framework of its forbears' structure and incorporate it into an open world. Still a prison, just more wiggle room.

STALKER still reigns supreme. :)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24993 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Ugh.

Alright, the first two games were okay, but once it went open world with the third, they dropped the ball. They tried to retain the linear framework of its forbears' structure and incorporate it into an open world. Still a prison, just more wiggle room.

STALKER is definitely better.

but does not make Metro bad.

I like exodus. probably most underrated game of last gen.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16021 Posts

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. The level design was fantastic and it had one of the best soundtracks in the whole Tony Hawk series, in my view. The graphics were awful and the story was hollow, so it isn't perfect, but the developers nailed the gameplay.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7246 Posts

bug snaxs lmao. no really it is lol.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

@Litchie: I have barely played Hunt, so I'm definitely no expert, but one thing I hate about it is that everyone wants to play the maps in the daytime. When I first saw the announcement trailer, they were sneaking around in the dark, trying to listen for and notice clues to where the other teams were. It's what I thought Evolve was going to be, where you really had to pay attention to environmental clues, and actually 'hunt' the monster... but that didn't really seem to matter.

The game still seems super cool to me, but everyone being afraid of the dark, kills one of its most enticing aspects, for me.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Litchie

@with_teeth26: Thanks man. Agree completely, V2 co op is more meaty than L4D co op. Versus mode in L4D was dope though. I think a lot of people would love the game, but simply don't play it cause it's Warhammer, like your friends. Very lame and a big reason why it's underrated.

Also agree with what you say about Hunt. One of the few games that gives me as much joy as MP games did back when they didn't suck.

@dimebag667: The game is really cool man. Of course it's not gonna be like the trailer, but audio cues is a very important part of the game.

Some people do leave the server like cowards when they get a night map, but most don't. Especially not now when the devs let people raise the gamma. Like cowards. But definitely not a big problem.

Do not take the game too seriously. There's quite a lot of rng elements, so don't play it too competitively, and do try to get into fights often so you don't get nervous every encounter. Probably my best tip to a beginner.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MirkoS77

@ghosts4ever said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Ugh.

STALKER is definitely better.

but does not make Metro bad.

I like exodus. probably most underrated game of last gen.

Truthfully I’ve only played Exodus on release when it was very buggy, it’s probably improved now. Maybe I’ll try it again, if they fixed the sound issue where it sounds like you’re taking 200 steps for moving ten feet of game space.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3091 Posts

@Litchie: That's fair. It's definitely one of the coolest game ideas I've seen in a long time.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 with_teeth26

I never actually made a contribution to this thread myself.

Some picks from me:

Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm - probably my favorite multiplayer FPS of the last decade, honestly. Just has the right mix of atmosphere, well designed game modes/maps and great shooting. Everyone is a bit different when it comes to how much realism vs. arcadey-ness they want in their FPS games, but this hit the sweet spot for me. the Rising Storm expansion in particular is incredible.

Company of Heroes 2 - this tends to get overshadowed by its groundbreaking predecessor, but the sequel makes some meaningful improvements to the gameplay, in particular the line of sight mechanics, and dedicated servers in MP to reduce lag caused by one player with a slow computer. The campaign was definitely underwhelming but the multiplayer is fantastic and still has a active community today.

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak - another RTS but with the opposite side of the coin from CoH2, this one has a fantastic campaign but the MP isn't much to speak of.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Lost Odyssey

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Total War: Three Kingdoms.

It's easily the best Total War game. Period. Plenty of factions, retinue system, espionage and diplomacy (that works), and great time period. There's also great objectives to meet and storied campaigns to undertake. Playing as Lu Bu is always going to be my favorite, where it incentivizes you to be a literal wrecking ball that never stops. Troy was a step back and WarHammer just doesn't capture what Total War is to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Another one I would choose would be Silent Hill Shattered memories from the psychological story to the fantastic atomphere along with the great soundtrack.

Avatar image for marleykilladope
marLeYkiLLaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45 marLeYkiLLaDope
Member since 2022 • 37 Posts

Tales Of Vesperia

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

Days Gone. I actually really enjoyed this game. No where near as bad as what gamespot made it out to be.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

To name a few

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

God Hand and TW101 are straight up two of the best action games around. They get their due praise among "core" action game fans tbf, but slept on otherwise.

At this point actually prefer TW101 to NGB/NG2. Just wish I could delete those dual screen gimmick sections from the game.

Also throw Skullgirls out there, similar situation. FGC always knew it was dope, just never got its spotlight.

@Archangel3371 said:

God Hand

💪

Always thought they should rename this video to "In Defense of IGN"

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

On this sub?

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - imo this was game of the generation last gen. Better than TLOU2 even. It did outscore The Witcher 3 as the highest rated game of 2015 and score 10/10 both here and on IGN. While its story was probably the worst of the 5 Metal Gear main entries, it arguably has the best gameplay, which says a lot. Maybe even better than MGS4's. If they actually finished the game it might have been 11/10

Doesn't get enough credit for being one of the greatest games of all time.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

I bring this game up a lot, but Slice Dice and Rice is fantastic despite it's awful title. Of all the one-hit-kill indie fighting games, this is my favorite.

Split/Second and Blur. Awesome over-the-top arcade racers that came out within weeks of each other. While very different, they were new IPs in the same genre. Neither hit their sales targets, and it's a damn shame.